Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

he only did it to fellate his "true" fanbase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
All you need to know about Maynard is he's enough of a spiritual-boomer-rock-star to sell his fans his own branded wine, and enough of an epic edgelord to brag about using bacon in it so it's non-vegan [not to mention non-Kosher etc.]

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I legit thought we were talking about one of those weird "mayo" "ketchup" mixed up things like Mayochup

what you call 'mayochup' is just burger sauce, which is a lot cooler than maynard from tool

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
lol at the hardcore rocker who bottles his own wine like a bored rich suburban housewife and also gets in fights on Twatter.

I'll bet he has some great tips on how to keep dock shoes from chafing your ankles, or where to get a good price on an oil change for a Lexus SUV. What a loving loser.

AchtungBaby
Dec 5, 2007

Do you think Anne Frank would have been a fan of Tool if she lived today?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Macnult posted:

what you call 'mayochup' is just burger sauce, which is a lot cooler than maynard from tool

"Can I have some extra burger sauce?"

"Sorry, all we got right now is Maynard sauce"

:mad:

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

AchtungBaby posted:

Do you think Anne Frank would have been a fan of Tool if she lived today?

Anne Frank would be married to Jeff Magnum and they'd live in the woods together, off grid. So no.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shamino posted:

Anne Frank would be married to Jeff Magnum and they'd live in the woods together, off grid. So no.

His name is actually Jeff Mangum :smug:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

"Can I have some extra burger sauce?"

"Sorry, all we got right now is Maynard sauce"

:mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFgQpe4ulwM

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Some serious misogyny in this thread. gently caress I'd love to bottle wine and not change my feet

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
"Tool"? More like "(you are a) Fool"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It's more that Maynard kinda hates TOOL and Bieber tweeting out their lyrics means that like it or not an entire generation of beliebers googled those lyrics and if even .001 of them become fans that's like 100,000 more people clamoring for him to keep doing this poo poo.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
bust rodd

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
aaaah nothing like a crisp Tool thread to make me feel like it's 2004 again. wmd's baby!!!!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Tool guy

He's a tool!

Lmao

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Picnic Princess posted:

The Tool guy

He's a tool!

Lmao

I bet he indroduces himself to people as “the tool dude” :dukedog:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I bet he indroduces himself to people as “the tool dude” :dukedog:

maynard 'the tool guy' keenan

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Love Tools music

Maynard has always been a dick

Justin seems like a good guy.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

No way, he's too pretentious. If they don't recognize his name they aren't worth his time.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TOOT BOOT posted:

maynard 'the tool guy' keenan ivory weyland industries VI

:hai:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
danny carey is tall and summons ghosts

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Maynard's true edgelord band is his side project Puscifer. And hooo boy they are loving garbage.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

lunch on a train posted:

Love Tools music

Maynard has always been a dick

Justin seems like a good guy.

Same, except point #3

As God as my witness, I will never respect a fan of the lebron era miami heat

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
the wine thing seems like a dude doing exactly what he wants because he can from where i sit. he is a guy who got a whole bunch of people to self-label TOOL on their chests. to own them. pretty good joke. i did think The Spirograph Anatomy Artist shirts were cool in high school and i owned a couple.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Brolander posted:

the wine thing seems like a dude doing exactly what he wants because he can from where i sit. he is a guy who got a whole bunch of people to self-label TOOL on their chests. to own them. pretty good joke. i did think The Spirograph Anatomy Artist shirts were cool in high school and i owned a couple.

Have you ever considered that he's actually an obnoxious rich dickhead and that "galaxy brain" spirograph anatomy shirts are worn by idiots who think that a holograph of a guy sucking his own dick is the height of subversiveness?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
oh remember when someone tried to cancel him and it came out that he had special backstage sex passes. like gene simmons (one even had girls in kiss makeup i think??) i think it turned out the main accuser person's email was tied to a couple other accusation threads and so was probably bullshit and forgotten

Julius CSAR posted:

Have you ever considered that he's actually an obnoxious rich dickhead and that "galaxy brain" spirograph anatomy shirts are worn by idiots who think that a holograph of a guy sucking his own dick is the height of subversiveness?

im not really quite sure how my post elicited this or what opinion you think i have that you are challenging, but go off

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy

Julius CSAR posted:

Maynard's true edgelord band is his side project Puscifer. And hooo boy they are loving garbage.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Brolander posted:

oh remember when someone tried to cancel him and it came out that he had special backstage sex passes. like gene simmons (one even had girls in kiss makeup i think??) i think it turned out the main accuser person's email was tied to a couple other accusation threads and so was probably bullshit and forgotten

im not really quite sure how my post elicited this or what opinion you think i have that you are challenging, but go off

Ok, have you ever considered that the thread where everyone is mocking Maynard is probably not the place to tell people that, "No, Maynard is cool actually. Also the women who accused of assault are probably full of poo poo."

Maybe you should find a different thread to post in.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Is the wine any good?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I told him not to take off his temporal tether while hunting T Rex but he must not have listened.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
U Smile slowed down 800% is awesome and inspired one of the best pieces on the Dredd soundtrack. Also, Bieber's pro-single payer.

Bieber OK

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

ASenileAnimal posted:

that clanky rear end sounding bass tone on their first 2 albums is fuckin awesome

i freakin love it, makes me think i'm listening to the songs inside of a cast iron cell, like the one my mind is always trapped within

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Julius CSAR posted:

a holograph of a guy sucking his own dick

Say what haha link?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Julius CSAR posted:

This. Tool sucks too though.

A Perfect Circle was probably his best thing, unless that rendition of “Bring Me The Disco King” he did counts. good goth action movie material.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Tool is specifically music you are meant to grow out of.

You develop and grow up and leave it behind.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I don't care if I have already shat on Maynard in this thread, Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums was a bop back in its day

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Julius CSAR posted:

Ok, have you ever considered that the thread where everyone is mocking Maynard is probably not the place to tell people that, "No, Maynard is cool actually. Also the women who accused of assault are probably full of poo poo."

Maybe you should find a different thread to post in.

If you develop a process to keep things safe and consentual so that no one can be accused of impropriety, that's probably a cool and good thing. I thought everyone was all about consent? I guess that doesn't matter when you can just poo poo on people you don't like for imaginary reasons though. Keep being a wokescold though, its always fun to be around.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ravenna Ohio is stuck in the past, and so is it's favorite son

I seriously freakin' dare you to go to Ravenna and not be like "yuup, this is where Tool is from"

Harald fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 18, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pinecone Sample posted:

All you need to know about Maynard is he's enough of a spiritual-boomer-rock-star to sell his fans his own branded wine, and enough of an epic edgelord to brag about using bacon in it so it's non-vegan [not to mention non-Kosher etc.]

His wine is actually decent and it enrages me that I like the product of a man I do not like.

gently caress you Maynard!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

His wine is actually decent and it enrages me that I like the product of a man I do not like.

gently caress you Maynard!!!

I feel the same way about Perfect Circle's "Imagine".