Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Win
This poll is closed.
Yuko 12 66.67%
Momo 6 33.33%
Total: 18 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I admire any series whose protagonists can go "I know! Let's enshrine a statue and worship it as a god to non-violently resolve a complex web of relationships between a bunch of doofuses!" and then do it and it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Shamiko has become a powerful and effective demon...

Though it's a good thing Momo is paying for her phones.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is a second season coming at any point?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Is a second season coming at any point?

Not as far as we know. It seems to have gotten a good amount of buzz, tho, and there's absolutely enough manga for it, so if the production gods are kind, perhaps.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Sunrise Arrow crew got the next chapter up pretty quickly. Chapter 64!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Aaaa

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
RIP that Familiar.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

My only disappointment from this overall wonderful and heartwarming (and therefore business as usual) chapter is that Ryo didn't actually become a magical girl. On the other hand Shion might...

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Omnicrom posted:

My only disappointment from this overall wonderful and heartwarming (and therefore business as usual) chapter is that Ryo didn't actually become a magical girl. On the other hand Shion might...

I was deep down hoping that she would accept, only to turn the tables on the familiar and take control of the situation. Then again, that might just be too OP.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Aaaaaaaa!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Fish Kyubey got what it deserved.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

They should date IMO

Edit: Also now that I've actually read the full chapter MOMO YOU COWARD WEAKLING lol

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 13, 2020

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Omnicrom posted:

I mean can a demon even become meguca in the first place?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

Fish Kyubey got what it deserved.

Make Ryoko cry and pay the price!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm sure Kyubei Fish being in the hands of Ogura-san is not gonna lead to any major plot points down the road ha ha hah I'm super curious as to what her end game is as she's hinted at knowing way more than what she has let on

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Also, I like when characters start busting through their manga panels, which has happened in the last two chapters now. Good job Ugallu.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
one of the authors of akuma no riddle made a machikado yuri doujin

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_story_of_shamiko_spending_the_night_at_momos_house

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

fruit facts

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Ugallu doing the math

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

That was fun, thanks for posting it

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Finished the anime and liked the hell out of it. Don't think you've won!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Chapter 65!

Momo has definitely upped her game since the last date.

Agronox fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 21, 2020

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Anri has a super cute family.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Ganbare, Shamiko! Brainwash the restaurant staff and escape before they figure out what you did!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this is a much bigger crisis than a hostile magical girl.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
lol, how did I miss this panel earlier

"With that very body of yours"? Shamiko is getting more blatantly thirsty.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
All their friends have realised how dense these two girls are, and are doing everything to set them up. Except for the rivals, who are trying to subtly insinuate themselves in there instead, but subtlety bounces off hard.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Momo's date outfit game is on point.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Who are the rivals?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Mikan, maybe Lico (But maybe she just enjoys 1-upping Momo). Alchemy girl wants Shamiko for her body(parts).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mikan's a good friend who supports their relationship. lico has a boyfriend, despite not being a tapir.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012
When do you think it's going to get to explaining alchemy girl's deal? The comic's been dropping a lot of hints.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Syritta posted:

When do you think it's going to get to explaining alchemy girl's deal? The comic's been dropping a lot of hints.

The next arc focuses on her quite a bit. You can find non-typeset translations up to chapter 70, which is everything published so far.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
New Chapter! You aren't ready for it.

Also, that new issue of Kirara Carat came out yesterday. Machikado Mazoku was on the cover, but there wasn't any new announcement.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
*everyone nodding* Yeah Lilith you have a point...

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Why yes series, I would like to an academic paper on the history of Medieval Japanese Magical Girls.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Maxwell Adams posted:

Machikado Mazoku was on the cover, but there wasn't any new announcement.

Well it was a pretty nice cover anyway, everyone enjoying their Ancestue Burger:

...though yeah, a S2 announcement would've been great. :(

Also, looking at the new chapter again, part of the fun of this series is spotting things that you missed the first time, like Shamiko peeking through her fingers at Momo's makeover, the obligatory tummy touching in the panel where Ogura pops her head in, and Lilith carefully descending from the oil drum where she makes her grand announcement.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Upset at people not liking Momo's Roller skates

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Omnicrom posted:

Why yes series, I would like to an academic paper on the history of Medieval Japanese Magical Girls.

There should have been a translation note on that. In the anime industry, they use the loan work 'bank' to refer to stock footage. Ito wrote out a word that is pronounced 'banku', but the characters mean 'good luck poem'. Then she writes up a huge explanation about how magical girls use 'banku' (stock footage) to transform. It's just one big bi-lingual pun.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Upset at people not liking Momo's Roller skates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Maxwell Adams posted:

There should have been a translation note on that. In the anime industry, they use the loan work 'bank' to refer to stock footage. Ito wrote out a word that is pronounced 'banku', but the characters mean 'good luck poem'. Then she writes up a huge explanation about how magical girls use 'banku' (stock footage) to transform. It's just one big bi-lingual pun.

That's great. I love how serious Machikado is about its silliness, and vice versa.