Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Free auto work is worth its weight in gold when you h e a crew of bruisers on your payroll driving around town in the Bronco raising hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
FOR A GREAT gently caress CALL 555-7617

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Hell Stink posted:

FOR A GREAT FIUiCK CALL 555-7617

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Hell Stink posted:

FOR A GREAT BUiCK CALL 555-7617

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Well mister, aintcha gonna kiss em?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

be nice

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

RIGHT BOOT

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
i saw this once when i was 11 and the only scene i remember was the main character walking in on some guy buttfucking a woman in a back room

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Kak posted:

i saw this once when i was 11 and the only scene i remember was the main character walking in on some guy buttfucking a woman in a back room

How could you tell it was buttfucking?

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

JK Fresco posted:

How could you tell it was buttfucking?

back then i assumed all doggystyle was buttfucking

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I figured it could have been in the dialogue too

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i like how there's apparently a nationwide ranking system of coolers

i legitimately, unironically love roadhouse in all its homoerotic glory

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Awesome movie, would totally watch right now if I had AMC
Until it's time to not be nice!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Kak posted:

Oh, Steve.

"You gonna be my regular Saturday night thing."

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

*teleports behind you as the snick of a bootknife coming out is heard*

heh nothing personal kid

*you slowly slide apart into two pieces*

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

haljordan posted:

I like how there are zero cops in the whole movie except for the very end and even when they do show up, they don't seem too concerned about the half dozen dead people at ben gazzara's house

I didnt see nuthin

Burns
May 10, 2008

I was watching an unsolved crime story of some 300 person town in the states where basically there was a real piece of poo poo guy stealing poo poo and being a prick for like 30 years. He almost killed a store keeper and wasnt imprisoned as he had a mob lawyer. Eventually the town got together and murdered him. I kept thinking wait a sec ive seen this before and its Roadhouse. God drat Roadhouse is so good.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

536 posted:

I didnt see nuthin

Polar beer fell on me

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Honky Dong Country posted:

Also fyi Roadhouse is currently on Netflix :getin: gently caress AMC

And I'll say that the blind dude (or the people that actually play those songs) unironically rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HmLFyvFxTc

RIP both these awesome dudes.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Its totally ok for my mentor to show my girl his pubes

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Back in the late 90s tbs would put roadhouse on after wcw thunder once or twice a month. Im not exaggerating.

it was the perfect movie to keep the pro wrestling crowd from changing the channel and they could do it almost every other week like clockwork.

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i like how the movie goes from quasi believable in the first half to batshit insane impossible in the second half. great movie.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

536 posted:

i like how the movie goes from quasi believable in the first half to batshit insane impossible in the second half. great movie.

Yeah it would like literally be impossible to fight in those jeans. :pants:

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I'm cigarettes-and-sex-louche Sam Elliott flashing his pubis to show off battle scars to the woman Dalton is sleeping with

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I love you, mijo

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I saw this movie when I was a little kid and thought it was cool. Then I saw it when I was a little more grown up and realized how retarded it is. At this stage in my life I can appreciate the schlock factor.

Anyway, I hear Rhonda Rousey is gonna be starring in a remake of this. I just hope she reveals the mystery of where I can find a great Buick.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

i legitimately, unironically love roadhouse in all its homoerotic glory

Laterite posted:

I watched this again for the millionth time a few weeks ago and it still kicks rear end.

same, same, it owns so goddamn much

Also the monster truck scene is hilarious, it's just so dumb but you know everyone on set was high fiving the gently caress out of each other when it was shot :allears:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Related to the subject:
Rifftrax are having a sale and you can get the Road House Riff for :siren:FREE!:ducksiren:
Coupon code: PAIN.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shoulda had a quick audio clip in the background of the guy saying "why you people keep calling, I ain't sellin' no Buick!"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The American Dream posted:

Back in the late 90s tbs would put roadhouse on after wcw thunder once or twice a month. Im not exaggerating.

it was the perfect movie to keep the pro wrestling crowd from changing the channel and they could do it almost every other week like clockwork.

That's pretty goddamn genius.

Also un/post, He's just a working man...

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
I love Roadhouse.

When my ex-wife and I first broke up and I had to move out on my own, I was so goddamn poor that I couldn't afford internet, or even a phone. Through a workplace charity that donated stuff to school-age mothers, I was given an old TV and VCR that was so outdated none of the pregant teens even wanted it. The only good movie they had on cassette was Roadhouse.

During the dark winter of 2009, as I saved money to leave Oregon, my only human contact was co-workers I barely spoke to, clerks selling me cheap malt liquor, and Roadhouse. I left it in the VCR on repeat, and had it playing in the background constantly until spring came and I had enough saved to move to California. Roadhouse kept me going when I should have just given up.

That's a true story.

I also have a prop shirt worn by an extra on Roadhouse. I'll take a picture and post it when I get to work in a bit.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I haven't seen Roadhouse since Swayze passed. I should watch it again.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I also have a prop shirt worn by an extra on Roadhouse. I'll take a picture and post it when I get to work in a bit.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I love it because it's basically a white trash kung fu movie. The only way it could be better is if Wesley transformed into a demon at the end of the movie and Swayze had to roundhouse kick him back to Hell.

I also attended a Q&A with a dude who told stories of being a "Swayze Wrangler" on this film and having to drag him out of shady hotel rooms and dive bars while Swayze was high and wanting to gently caress anything that moved.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I didn't know Swayze was down to clown like that, rip you awesome guy.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

A Fancy Hat posted:

I also attended a Q&A with a dude who told stories of being a "Swayze Wrangler" on this film and having to drag him out of shady hotel rooms and dive bars while Swayze was high and wanting to gently caress anything that moved.

lmao this owns

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

1redflag posted:

*rips out OP’s throat*

Wait, what? I don't remember this. I thought he was just the best drat bouncer ever. Not some throat ripping assassin.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

roadhouse is a trashy yojimbo is a samurai fistful of dollars is a western red harvest

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i probably got the order wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Haven't even seen it since it was new but it'll always have a special place in my heart.