Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm going to judge whether I should touch the NFL the first few weeks by how this would go:

Falcons +3.5
Chiefs -3.5
Rams -1.5
Lions -2.5
Texans +7.0

I didn't touch it at all last year until I saw the Patriots were +150 underdogs against the Chiefs in the AFCCG, and as a Chiefs fan there's no goddamn way I was passing that up. I have very conflicting feelings about Dee Ford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Similar to my week 1 thing:

Ravens +5
Falcons +1
Cardinals -2
Buccaneers -5
Texans +3

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

I should have been betting against my lovely teams and on the Pats for years now, god drat it.

I came back from a hiatus from sports betting to go in hard on Patriots +150 against my hometown Chiefs in the playoffs last year because I thought it was effectively free money.

I have very conflicting feelings about Dee Ford.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Dallas -7 at the Jets seems way too good to be true, am I missing something obvious?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Dallas -7 at the Jets seems way too good to be true, am I missing something obvious?

Thank god I'm aware I'm as bad at this as I am

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

So far the only football I've bet on this season was the Rams +1 against the free-falling Cowboys, whoops!

I'm going back to what worked for me in the past (betting against my hometown team in the playoffs) and getting in on Titans +295

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

Someone who knows more than I talk about SB prop bets so I can throw some money into a fire.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Not putting anything down yet, but if I were gambling today I'd go Cardinals -7 vs. Football Team & Ravens -7 @ Texans

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Tempted to go

CIN +6.5
PIT -4.0
ARI -5.5
BAL -3.5

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Tempted to go

CIN +6.5
PIT -4.0
ARI -5.5
BAL -3.5

Not bad!

I also threw in Green Bay straight up and ATL -3, the latter of which I don't want to talk about.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Going for a moneyline parlay of Rams/Chiefs/Cardinals/Ravens in the early window

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

Going for a moneyline parlay of Rams/Chiefs/Cardinals/Ravens in the early window

Dropped a hedge bet on the Raiders a little while ago, so barring an Alex Smith miracle comeback I'm up for the morning.

Additionally threw some smaller moneyline bets on Carolina (yay) and Jacksonville (oops). If Haushka wasn't totally cooked I could have cashed out for a small gain on that one at a tie game earlier, but alas he had to shank them both

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I lost what I thought was the freest prop I've seen in a long time, Carson Wentz ending the night with more passing yards than Ben DiNucci against a historically bad defense.

I legitimately hope Jalen Hurts takes his job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

With Pittsburgh still having something to play for in the 2 seed still potentially being in the mix if Miami wins next week, my eyes are bugging out at them being +255 underdogs in Cleveland