Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Yeah, I dunno, I'm pretty sure northern Michigan has all of those places beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Residency Evil posted:

Yeah, I dunno, I'm pretty sure northern Michigan has all of those places beat.

MyAutoWorld.com bringing you hard-hitting reporting on these burning issues

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

What’s the over under on the Vette coupe with rear seats?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Michigan winning the density battle. Makes sense.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

"What’s perhaps most interesting about this data is that Corvettes are immensely popular in Florida – both on a total volume basis and on a per capita basis,”

:smug:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I wish there was a seasonal variation graph. That's the thing I notice here. Zero Vettes until June, then they all go into hiding in late August.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Residency Evil posted:

Michigan winning the density battle. Makes sense.

Michigan is a funny bubble of domestic cars owners, but understandably so I guess. Probably 7/10 you see on the road I'd bet.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Now show me the average speed these vettes are driven for each state.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Now show me the average speed these vettes are driven for each state.

Averages don’t work well with bimodal data.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The joke is that in Florida the average speed is 7mph.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

sharkytm posted:

I wish there was a seasonal variation graph. That's the thing I notice here. Zero Vettes until June, then they all go into hiding in late August.

yeah i think the catchment basin for Cape vettes in summer is like, all of the Northeast.

i want a heatmap in time series based on onstar data hook a bro up gm

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The joke is that in Florida the average speed is 7mph.

Which again is bimodally split between 85mph and 2mph, alternating every 1/4 mile on the freeways, with zero reason for the fluctuations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Until they hit one of our long bridges and routinely do over 100 driving like idiots

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Seems like pricing is possibly out?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, here is the complete pricing guide:

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/chevrolet/na/us/english/index/vehicles/2020/performance/zerv-reveal/02-pdfs/C8_Pricing_PDF.pdf

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Performance pack 2lt with the suspension lift in Sebring orange, yes thank you.

By the time I can afford one, I'm gonna be bedbound. But drat I want one.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah basically the same.

Just hope for the lottery of a lot of folks will order a "good combination" and eats the depreciation.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly I'd take 1LT + Z51. I don't need the parcel nets :colbert:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Okay but good ventilated seats are worth the difference by themselves

I live in Virginia, a wet hot hell hole. gently caress this heat.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Okay but good ventilated seats are worth the difference by themselves

I live in Virginia, a wet hot hell hole. gently caress this heat.

What are good ventilated seats? I've sat in Mazda 5, Kia Sportage and Lexus NX200t with ventilated seats and they all sucked to the point that I could barely tell there was any airflow at all, even trying to feel it. I was supremely disappointed in that, I thought ventilated seats were a good idea in concept.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

meatpimp posted:

What are good ventilated seats? I've sat in Mazda 5, Kia Sportage and Lexus NX200t with ventilated seats and they all sucked to the point that I could barely tell there was any airflow at all, even trying to feel it. I was supremely disappointed in that, I thought ventilated seats were a good idea in concept.
Cloth is fine without vents, but in my SS it takes me about a minute to realize that I've forgotten to turn the seat coolers on. It's not like you're sitting on a fan, but the seat never gets warm as you sit on it.

I would not buy a new car without ventilated seats, even being in San Diego where it's not that warm.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, basically if you expect some quick freezer to blow your nuts cold that won't happen.

Although I would like that setting, I assume market research had to balance that one out.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

The ventilated seats in our LS460 are really nice and work great. It's not arctic cold, but more like a cool soft breeze going up your shorts that feels good on a hot day.

The LS430 we had previously had them as well but they didn't work as well as the 460 does.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
drat the AUD dropping. Here's hoping the luxury car tax is scrapped.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

meatpimp posted:

You've not been in a well-optioned modern Ford product have you?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Cooled seats are ok I guess. Usually depends on the cabin temp if you're actually getting hot or cool air in the first place though. Heated seats however, I will not live without while living in the midwest.

Also why are you all not posting the coolest/dumbest vettes you can make?
https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?carline=corvette&modelyear=2020&brand=chevrolet&language=en&country=US&channel=b2c

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Crunchy Black posted:

You've not been in a well-optioned modern Ford product have you?

The Recaros in my Raptor are the best cooled seats I have owned, but they’re still not great at ventilating my backside. I suppose it also heavily depends on the thickness of your clothes.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Who wears clothes while driving?

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!
I actually like the way it looks on the outside. A ghetto ferrari kind of look to it, but that's ok, it kind of works. The interior and that goofy 1963 chrysler imperial steering wheel are atrocious though.

I'm honestly surprised at the pricing. Very reasonable for what it is. A goddamn pickup truck costs that much nowadays so I would have guessed they were creeping up towards $80 or $90k.

mobby_6kl posted:

Has there been a mid-engine car with a supercharger scoop sticking out above the roof line? I want them to do that.
Someone did it with a kit car version

IIRC it had a blown big block chevy.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Suburban Dad posted:

Cooled seats are ok I guess. Usually depends on the cabin temp if you're actually getting hot or cool air in the first place though. Heated seats however, I will not live without while living in the midwest.

Also why are you all not posting the coolest/dumbest vettes you can make?
https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?carline=corvette&modelyear=2020&brand=chevrolet&language=en&country=US&channel=b2c

I'm trying to outdo you with bronze/red stripes and yellow calipers but the bronze just doesn't show up properly.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
drat they're pretty in black. Blends in the awkward black patch on the side vent.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Resting Lich Face posted:

drat they're pretty in black. Blends in the awkward black patch on the side vent.

Color matched is an option.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Kurten posted:

IIRC it had a blown big block chevy.

The only acceptable Lambo Fiero kit.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

boxen posted:

The only acceptable Lambo Fiero kit.

Only if it'll wheelie.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

meatpimp posted:

Color matched is an option.

GM has historically been pretty good about custom orders, they just don't publicize it ala Porsche.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
2LT + performance pack. I'm fairly boring, but white/black on red is a tried and true combo.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Crunchy Black posted:

GM has historically been pretty good about custom orders, they just don't publicize it ala Porsche.
If so, the key to this might be the dealer being good. All my past dealings with dealers have been basically "if it's not listed that way, it's not available that way" :shrug:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Looking forward to my McVette

Seriously though, does anyone actually think the front fender stripes look good (in any color)?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Boomers probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Devils Affricate posted:

Looking forward to my McVette

Seriously though, does anyone actually think the front fender stripes look good (in any color)?

lol, I created the same combination a couple days back. When I saw those stripes I was like wtf is this?

e: Forgot to say, I added center stripe and a bunch of carbon crap. Sadly it didn't all show up well on my screen so I didn't do a screenshot.

I'll be curious if GM finally caves and says "Yeah, with the Z51 you can do spoiler delete".