Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Now that I'm older and go fishing on my own I notice there are tons of suspicious cars at boat ramps. Hood-lookin sedans with tinted windows that have the engine running. Are there just too many of them for the cops to deal with? Are the cops paid off? Are these not actually drug dealers like I'm assuming? Sometimes they seem to just sit there for hours and hours are they waiting for other people to leave? Are they doing drugs in the car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I go fishing alone often and see this all the time. I don't know what they're doing either. I figure it's either people doing/selling drugs or people having sex.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Why don't you mind your own goddamn business OP

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They are Fish and Wildlife police making sure you aren't pulling any illegal fish out the lake OP.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Amarcarts posted:

Now that I'm older and go fishing on my own I notice there are tons of suspicious cars at boat ramps. Hood-lookin sedans with tinted windows that have the engine running. Are there just too many of them for the cops to deal with? Are the cops paid off? Are these not actually drug dealers like I'm assuming? Sometimes they seem to just sit there for hours and hours are they waiting for other people to leave? Are they doing drugs in the car?

My suggestion is you just leave those cars alone unless you want to find out *exactly* what's going on, capisce? Ain't nothing in those cars that you need to see, and ain't nothing in the trunk of those cars that doesn't deserve to be fish food, if you catch my drift.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Looks like OP is fixin' for a pair of cement loafers.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
if you slip one a $5 they'll "clean your catch" if you get what i mean

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
It's the fish. They're having a smoke. Leave'm alone.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
They're desperate people contemplating driving into the sea and ending it all. Go give them a hug, even if they protest or pull pistols on you.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Can you hear any rap music coming from the cars? It could be some of those super criminals.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

My suggestion is you just leave those cars alone unless you want to find out *exactly* what's going on, capisce? Ain't nothing in those cars that you need to see, and ain't nothing in the trunk of those cars that doesn't deserve to be fish food, if you catch my drift.

Sir it's illegal to feed the wildlife :) I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to make a report with fish & game

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

what I don't get (I've seen this while fishing too oddly) is the times when there's ONE of them.

And that's the ONLY other vehicle in the lot and you know they ain't fishing, because you can see that because YOU'RE fishing, and they ain't launching no boat because there's no trailer and nothing else going on. And no one else comes the whole time.
Like even if I wasn't doing anything suspicious at all, if I was the only person, sitting alone in a car, for hours at the far end of a park's parking lot, I'd expect the police to hassle me just because, and I'm the least suspicious looking jackass out there. In fact I don't look suspicious ENOUGH and I'd figure they'd hassle me more because of that.

(Or if I wasn't alone and I was out there parked as a solitary car loving and suckin to my hearts content with someone I'd still expect to get rolled up on pretty fast)

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

We don’t want to go on the boat, so we’re just gonna wait in the car...

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Icochet posted:

They're desperate people contemplating...ending it all. Go give them a hug, even if they protest or pull pistols on you.

I dunno man, I've seen The Client.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

I tell my wife im going to work then sit at the docks contemplating driving in and ending it all. i got fired months ago

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

hell astro course posted:

We don’t want to go on the boat, so we’re just gonna wait in the car...

What the gently caress

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tane posted:

I tell my wife im going to work then sit at the docks contemplating driving in and ending it all. i got fired months ago

I like the avatar/post combo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Big Beef City posted:

what I don't get (I've seen this while fishing too oddly) is the times when there's ONE of them.

And that's the ONLY other vehicle in the lot and you know they ain't fishing, because you can see that because YOU'RE fishing, and they ain't launching no boat because there's no trailer and nothing else going on. And no one else comes the whole time.
Like even if I wasn't doing anything suspicious at all, if I was the only person, sitting alone in a car, for hours at the far end of a park's parking lot, I'd expect the police to hassle me just because, and I'm the least suspicious looking jackass out there. In fact I don't look suspicious ENOUGH and I'd figure they'd hassle me more because of that.

(Or if I wasn't alone and I was out there parked as a solitary car loving and suckin to my hearts content with someone I'd still expect to get rolled up on pretty fast)

Oh surely someone cums.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
'hood looking sedans' aka cadillacs. what you are seeing is old ladies whose men are fishing and they are content to sit in an idling air conditioned car for 4 hours because gently caress everybody else, they're dead soon

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

Oh surely someone cums.

My point was how FAST it does or doesn't happen Burt.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Have you ever heard of carstalking OP? You might be a victim!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I saw another hood sedan today while fishing...

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
The decapitated body of a man was found in a truck parked at a boat ramp around here three years ago. Perhaps the cars at your local boat ramp are being used in a similar fashion.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They are Fish and Wildlife police making sure you aren't pulling any illegal fish out the lake OP.

it's this, they're DNR

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I saw these constantly when I lived near an isolated boat ramp. It was creepy and yes probably drug-related so I did not question it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

all the really cool stuff happens under a bridge

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Can we also talk about random, seemingly good condition cars left sitting on hard shoulders on motorways. Your initial thought might be that someone ram out of petrol or had a mechanical failure. But its a road you go on quite regularly and the car has now been there weeks, perhaps months idling in the sun. Mysterious.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm not saying it's aliens but hypothetically speaking if I was an alien I'd definitely disguise my spaceship/observation tower as a car. Earth is full of cars, it's totally inconspicuous!

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
waiting for the people that own the boat to arrive so you can get on said boat, trucks don't fit many people

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the implications of open water

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Ape Fist posted:

Can we also talk about random, seemingly good condition cars left sitting on hard shoulders on motorways. Your initial thought might be that someone ram out of petrol or had a mechanical failure. But its a road you go on quite regularly and the car has now been there weeks, perhaps months idling in the sun. Mysterious.

It's cheaper than airport parking.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You ever just drive down to minimally used boat launches just to people watch?

I mean, not to fish or boat or walk your dog or anything. I mean...just WATCH the people down there? What are they DOING just sitting down there in their cars like that?? hosed up imo

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I have to travel throughout the US and more times than not I'm not towing my travel trailer and I'm cheap so I don't like spending per diem money on a hotel room, so I routinely sleep at places like that. I get bothered by cops if I sleep in the cab though, so I have a small bed setup with my camper top but sometimes I just fall asleep in the cab.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Ape Fist posted:

Detroit seems to have a bit of a problem with people doing that with boats:

https://www.boredpanda.com/ronnie-dahl-returns-boats-in-captains-hat-detroit/

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Kind of a weird choice to go to the launch ramp if they're doing something shady, considering how pretty much any other spot around the lake will have less traffic from uninvolved persons

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Fishing groupies there to check out your rod.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Sometimes I wish I was ran over by a random car but knowing my luck I'd be left in a coma aware of the outside world.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Call the cops like a bitch maybe I bet you would

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Gaunab posted:

Sometimes I wish I was ran over by a random car but knowing my luck I'd be left in a coma aware of the outside world.

Why? That sounds really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Theyre smoking weed, hth