Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018
Anyone ever think about how they wish this was made? It was supposed to come out in 2011 and have characters like Adrian Toomes, who takes charge of the daily bugle and becomes Vulture, and Mysterio supposedly gonna be played by Bruce Campbell. I've been wishing lately that this was made, because this is one of my favorite movie franchises. I was a little kid When I saw the first one when it came out, I already loved spiderman, any seeing the adaptation on screens, it really was spiderman to me. I watched the 2nd again recently and I was surprised at how much I liked it even today. It just makes me wish that they took a shot at a 4th one, so that we had more than about 1 and a half Reilly good films with those actors and the directors style. I don't care what anyone says, the amazing spiderman movies and the new marvel movies don't compare one bit to the old ones. They were way more unique, and defined early 2000's cinema for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
only one of those three movies was good, and by accident, seemingly

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
https://twitter.com/TheTohruAdachi/status/1153490119757684736

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

Toby Maguire is my spirit animal

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Awful CompSloth posted:

Toby Maguire is my spirit animal

Pizza time!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Never seen a spiderman movie, but if it has Sam Raimi's trademark "unseen predator hurtles through the forest to attack the terrified Bruce Campbell" scene except spiderman pouncing on a criminal I guess I understand why he made so many movies out of it

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

2 was the only good one. 1 was boring crap, and 3 was chaotic crap.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Every Spiderman villian is corny as gently caress even for comic book standards

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

my timewasting bullshit is SUPPOSED to be melodramatic

it's camp! gently caress standards.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kak posted:

which is why they are maybe the only superhero movies that aren't absolute garbage. Lmao @ idiot redditors who want their CGI-fest manchild fantasies to be deep, dark and edgy.

edit : and also, interconnected with one another like lmao so loving dumb

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
This is my favorite scene in the MCU

I laughed for several minutes in theaters at this. The rest of the audience didn't find it as funny for some reason.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I liked the part where his radioactive jizz killed MJ.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Human Crouton posted:

2 was the only good one. 1 was boring crap, and 3 was chaotic crap.

Really? 'Cos I only saw the second one, and it was poo poo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kak posted:

I'm actually more entertained by the idea that the guy who builds his own pumpkin bombs and rides a sled around is more realistic and relatable to the public than

SUPER EMO HEMAN UNIVERSE LORD, DARK MASTER OF ALL MATTER WHO IS VERY UPSET ABOUT THE TIME THE ACTUAL GODDESS MINERVA INSULTED HIS WOMB QUEEN IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE TIMELINE THAT YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND, DAAAD.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
After how bad 3 was I don't remember anyone really pining for a 4th.

2 was legit awesome though

Awful CompSloth
Dec 15, 2018

Fenrir posted:

After how bad 3 was I don't remember anyone really pining for a 4th.

2 was legit awesome though

I know what you mean. I saw 3 in theaters when it came out when I was pretty young and I probably liked it well enough, but I sort of recall not really expecting a 4th one for some reason. Maybe it just "felt" like the series ended with 3, with it not being as good, and the years passing by.
2011 honestly seems late for a 4th one, I feel like by then a lot of people would have forgotten about the series, with it being 9 and 7 years since the once that made it a hit. Still though, it would have been worth it if it was any better than 3 I think just to cement the series place in cinema. Would have been better the reboots anyway.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Bruce Campbell should have been Mysterio and his motivation should have been that his cameos in the other movies were all the same dude, who was fired from various jobs because of Spider-Man. Wrestling league shut down once Bonesaw was beaten, fired from his usher job after Mary Jane complained about him keeping Peter out, and his French restaurant was destroyed when Peter fought the Sandman.

He decided to call up his old acting school buddies (played by Sam and Ivan Raimi and Ted Raimi) who help him build the suit and the props and all that crazy crap. At one point he calls them Larry, Moe, and Curly and they all try walking in a doorway at the same time and get stuck.

This would be better than any Spider-Man movie released since the 2nd one and you can't debate that fact.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Yes but then you'd still have Toby with his little scrunched up running face facing off against Bruce loving Campbell

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Awful CompSloth posted:

Anyone ever think about how they wish this was made? It was supposed to come out in 2011 and have characters like Adrian Toomes, who takes charge of the daily bugle and becomes Vulture, and Mysterio supposedly gonna be played by Bruce Campbell. I've been wishing lately that this was made, because this is one of my favorite movie franchises. I was a little kid When I saw the first one when it came out, I already loved spiderman, any seeing the adaptation on screens, it really was spiderman to me. I watched the 2nd again recently and I was surprised at how much I liked it even today. It just makes me wish that they took a shot at a 4th one, so that we had more than about 1 and a half Reilly good films with those actors and the directors style. I don't care what anyone says, the amazing spiderman movies and the new marvel movies don't compare one bit to the old ones. They were way more unique, and defined early 2000's cinema for me.
Why would I want a movie where someone takes over the Bugle from J. K. Simmons?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Why would I want a movie where someone takes over the Bugle from J. K. Simmons?

Has JJJ even been in any of the non-Raimi Spider-Men?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Sunswipe posted:

Really? 'Cos I only saw the second one, and it was poo poo.

I'd love to see how much you would hate 1 and 3 then.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Has JJJ even been in any of the non-Raimi Spider-Men?

He shows up in the post-credits of Far From Home and JK Simmons reprised his role.

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
Spider-Man 2 was a masterpiece, and it was the first time I had ever gone to the cinema to see a movie twice. I'm pretty sure it has the best representation of Dr. Octopus, and I sincerely hope they re-use Alfred Molina if they get doc-ock in the new films.

Spider-Man 3 was uhhh, strange. The only thing I remember was my dad going "holy hell is that the guy from that 70's show" and laughing because he just couldn't imagine him as someone else. How (and why) the hell do you cast a scrawny little toddler as big boi Eddie Brock? :psyduck:

I kinda wish Amazing Spiderman 3 came out, I liked Andrew Garfields take on Peter, they killed Gwen and the sinister six were on their way but whatevs.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'm waiting for Woody Allen's Spiderman 4.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Spider-man 1 was played very safe but Spider-man 2 was Raimi with a little more freedom and its legit awesome, it sit's alongside X-men 2 as the best comic book movies to date (except Spider-man 2 sits higher as it wasn't directed by a nonce.)

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Impeach Spider-Man

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The Raimi films seem kind of cheesy in hindsight.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

skooma512 posted:

"Yes I want these movies for kids to be more grown up"

Some rear end in a top hat nerd with a monkey paw in 2004.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
only if they CGI BOOOOOOOONESAWWWWW in to every single scene

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I wish they could be scrubbed from existence and people could be executed for the mere mention of them.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

skooma512 posted:

They were always cheesy and that's why they were good.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
All three Raimi movies are masterpieces

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Who What Now posted:

All three Raimi movies are masterpieces

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The montage in Spider-Man 3 with "edgy" Peter Parker is actually the only good scene in the movie.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

General Dog posted:

The montage in Spider-Man 3 with "edgy" Peter Parker is actually the only good scene in the movie.

that would exclude JK Simmons' scenes as JJJ, so no

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Yes, and what is your problem with the Power Ranger costume?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

The Green Gobbler

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

LGD posted:

that would exclude JK Simmons' scenes as JJJ, so no

also the clothes-lining of gobbo failson but that completes the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I think it's great that the Green Goblin is actually scarier with the mask off.