Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Minus Green posted:

it's out now but it's called maddening this time

Lol they patched out the rapist Male Byleth voice. Based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Got this motherbitch today. What the gently caress do I need to know before I start playing

are you playing black eagles? there's a big Missable thing near the end of the first half.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Minus Green posted:

it's out now but it's called maddening this time

Back on my bullshit.

http://twitter.com/In__Training/status/1172036023464759298

Maddening xp gains feel like they're 1/3rd of the base game, this is gonna be hosed up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

are you playing black eagles? there's a big Missable thing near the end of the first half.
I've got a big missable thing right here.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I feel like there was a lot of cut content in that route or something. It's weirdly short too

are the other paths longer? eagles definitely felt short and rushed / cut content

what carries over in NG+

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Return itand play shining force 1 and 2 instead

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

bump_fn posted:

are the other paths longer? eagles definitely felt short and rushed / cut content

what carries over in NG+

yeah the other paths are 21-22 chapters instead of 18

statue bonuses and renown carry over (plus you now get a fuckload of renown on NG+), and you can use renown to buy back weapon ranks and other poo poo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
eagles have a longer path too. in fact i think all houses have 2 paths each

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

eagles have a longer path too. in fact i think all houses have 2 paths each

Unfortunately only Eagles does and their potentially more interesting one is the shortest most disappointing route in the game. They really dropped the ball there and it sucks. :(

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Craving Mcdonalds now...
https://twitter.com/JoeZieja/status/1172022170890817536?s=19

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

lmbo

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
The fact that Claude is connected with McDonalds all day breakfast makes me love him even more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Unfortunately only Eagles does and their potentially more interesting one is the shortest most disappointing route in the game. They really dropped the ball there and it sucks. :(

Blue lions had a decision at one point but I think it just shuffled the order of chapters

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

kmao

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

drat idk why I've been putting off finishing this game for weeks now, Claude owns

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I married Claude and beat the game last week ftw... I was gagged bc i thougbt you couldnt ship the other characters cause their support levels only went up to A but apparently you can and they get married from A?? Ng+ on hard gonna do Red house and try to marry short hair Ferdinand. Also hype for the next dlcs.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Skylark posted:

I married Claude and beat the game last week ftw... I was gagged bc i thougbt you couldnt ship the other characters cause their support levels only went up to A but apparently you can and they get married from A?? Ng+ on hard gonna do Red house and try to marry short hair Ferdinand. Also hype for the next dlcs.

they can get paired endings if they have an A rank, but it goes based on the Closest Allies section in their profile. So it's like you get two people to A rank, and then you keep using them together so they get as many points as they can and become #1 allies. It's kinda annoying because sometimes it means you want to keep units away from each other so they don't get too attached. Some people have romantic paired endings, but some of them are platonic.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Does this mean all my melee units are going to fall in love with each other?

Poor mages :(

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

fisting by many posted:

Does this mean all my melee units are going to fall in love with each other?

Poor mages :(

You can just not watch the support cutscenes and their ships wont develop, which I did my first playthrough bc i didnt know there could be marriages besides the main character's.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Romantic nite😍
https://files.catbox.moe/qyy3rr.mp4

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Im emotional about edelgard idk what these feelings mean.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

which path are you on?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the edelgarde scene at the end of blue lions was really sick,

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The whole Black Eagles route with Edelgard and deciding to fight against her was really powerful. This game has way more feels in it than I expected lol.

Having to kill former students was rough too, although I’m glad they didn’t put me against anyone I really liked... when it first started I was worried it would be a bloodbath and you’d have to take out nearly everyone you didn’t manage to recruit into your class

Black Eagles feels like the definitive route since it’s the one that gets you the most time with the major players in the story... I’ll be interested to see how well the other paths work, I’m on the last mission of Eagles now and will probably do a Blue Lions run before too long

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

which path are you on?

I was just informed that it splits into two routes after I missed the Edelgard route :S I like to avoid spoilers as much as possible and was on my ng+ blind in black eagles. I actually thought that who the flame emperor/rebel leader was would just swap depending on the house lol, so I figured Claude would be the bad guy now that I picked Edelgard's house or something. So finding out that Edelgard did the same thing even when you're in her house was super shocking to me, and then my chat told me I missed the opportunity to join and it made me legit a little upset.. Cuae now it turns out this playthru might be a lot more like my previous one. Plus I have all these church dweebs in my party now.. sigh.

The good news is, I still have Ferdinand, my favorite guy. And I am able to keep his hair short, like I wanted. And that was my goal for this playthru... So my thinking is I will finish this playthrough so I can keep my renown and stuff. Then next ng+ pick black eagles again and do the other route this time?? And possibly even try to marry edelgard cause I just found out shes bi... Then after that blue lions cause i never saw that before.

Really tho im crazy lol there are two big things of dlc coming so i need to start one of my new games and set this aside!! I should try to table this game soonish and wait for dlc to drop. Its hard tho lol i love srpg...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I dunno what route to play next after BE. Maybe Claude, he seems cool, but apparently his route is super similar to the other BE one? Sounds weird lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dunno what route to play next after BE. Maybe Claude, he seems cool, but apparently his route is super similar to the other BE one? Sounds weird lol

It is but it's also the one that has the most satisfying ending. Its unique final level is also really cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Part II of blue lions is really cool but idk how it compares, im still on part 1 of my Claude playthrough. I gave up on maddening though bc it isn't very fun

Kazooiegirl
Apr 20, 2014

you are my center when i spin away
Do you guys fw Seteth or no? I never rly connected with him and he sort of bugs me for some reason but i have no idea why. I think maybe just bc he seems too serious. And I dislike the way he treats flayn its kind of patriarchal imo.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I definitely hated Seteth at first but I grew to kinda like him by the end of Silver Snow. I liked that he's loyal to Rhea but not like a brainless servent. He has some good paralogues with like Bernie and other people that reveal he has a sense of humor.

I paired him off with Catherine and they have this awkward ending

definitely get him and Flayn's support to A

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kazooiegirl posted:

Do you guys fw Seteth or no? I never rly connected with him and he sort of bugs me for some reason but i have no idea why. I think maybe just bc he seems too serious. And I dislike the way he treats flayn its kind of patriarchal imo.

There's a reason for that... It's spoilers though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Kazooiegirl posted:

he is cool. i dont use him in my party but i used him as a support character so i could see his supports

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kazooiegirl posted:

I used him on silver snow and he won me over. He's pretty cool. His supports with Hilda and Bernie are my favorites because they bring out his passion as a writer.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
waiting for all of the dlc to come out before i come back to this .. i did 2 routes and one was the short black eagle one. i suppose theres technically 4 right now and the dlc is adding 1 more (?). the new difficulty levels will be nice too

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I liked Seteth, he kinda has a stick up his butt but only because he takes his responsibility towards Rhea and Flayn seriously and I like characters like that, especially when you see him open up and show his sense of humor in some of the supports. His and Flayn’s paralogue shows why he’s a little overbearing with her and it makes sense, and in their supports he learns to back off a little.

I feel bad because he’s the only character I lost, he died towards the very end of the game and I just pushed on because I was nearly done with the level and he just “retreated” instead of actually dying. But it turns out if you do that then their Animal House “where are they now” thing will say that they died of their wounds shortly after the war. RIP homie

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

new dlc came out yesterday with saunas and dogs and cats I guess? some new costumes. I haven’t bought the pass yet. Now you can make teachers wear their class’s battle uniforms in battle instead of their default outfits.

Jeritza is now available if you’re playing on Crimson Flower. He gets supports with his sister and both Byleths but nobody else. He’s free as part of the update and you don’t need the pass.

Anna is part of the pass, but doesn’t have any supports, even with Byleth.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Jeritza is now available if you’re playing on Crimson Flower. He gets supports with his sister and both Byleths but nobody else.

lol i would have thought he'd at least get one with caspar or something given his and mercedes' paralogue but :effort: