Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/VoughtIntl/status/1571877020199428098

gently caress Todd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
oval office

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I love that he doesn't even have a last name

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Lol that acronym

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

look, soldier boy’s racism is different than stormfront’s racism, which is different than homelander’s racism

it’s a rainbow of unique racism vibes

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Wheeee posted:

look, soldier boy’s racism is different than stormfront’s racism, which is different than homelander’s racism

it’s a rainbow of unique racism vibes

On this here nine-quadrant chart, I would posit Soldier Boy as...

Lawful Racist.

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
There are shades of gently caress-face, you know

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lol, Todd is actually a oval office. That's great

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

christmas boots posted:

We're talking about the Soldier Boy that was about to murder a child, yeah?

Ryan's a supe and should die too

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its true that soldier boy was a piece of poo poo and had it coming but the point stands that not letting soldier boy kill homelander, then everybody gangs up on soldier boy, was so insanely goofball stupid that it made me think less of every character involved and the show itself.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

I don't know about that, but also I wouldn't have cared either. I can understand though why Butcher would protect Ryan. It felt realistic that in the moment Butcher was not thinking about the consequences, only protecting Ryan, and really whenever does Butcher think about anything at all? It also setup for a badass fight between Homelander and Maeve.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

OctaMurk posted:

So you agree with Soldier Boy, a supe?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/voughtintl/status/1573126253674364928?s=46&t=_2Q-yiLLGX1nUlmQVzgDfQ

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
People say Soldier Boy was about to kill Ryan, but they already showed multiple people surviving the blast, just being depowered. The tower might collapse I guess, but that wasn't how the situation was sold.

Also, just to gripe
I hate how the Boys went looking for a supe disabling weapon, then found Soldier Boy who the Russians somehow coincidentally had turned into a supe disabling weapon. The level of plot convinience was staggering

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 23, 2022

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

JossiRossi posted:

People say Soldier Boy was about to kill Ryan, but they already showed multiple people surviving the blast, just being depowered. The tower might collapse I guess, but that wasn't how the situation was sold.

Also, just to gripe
I hate how the Boys went looking for a supe disabling weapon, then found Soldier Boy who the Russians somehow coincidentally had turned into a supe disabling weapon. The level of plot convinience was staggering

Yeah, why would the Russians want a way to kill supes?

Homelander only wants peace and justice for the world.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

JossiRossi posted:

Also, just to gripe

They went looking for a weapon, their first clue that lead them to Soldier Boy was that it was a supe-disabling weapon.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Yeah Solider Boy was always the link

E: Or Soldier Boy, I forget which

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Yeah Solider Boy was always the link

And the weapon.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Cpt_Obvious posted:

And the weapon.

Right, but even before they knew that it wasn't a coincidence that they found Soldier Boy because the only evidence suggesting a weapon might exist is because he was presumably killed by it. I guess you could argue that there's a sort of contrivance in that the thing they were looking for didn't exist (There was no weapon used to kill SB because he was never actually killed) but ultimately they turned him into the same sort of thing anyway, but eh I think that's splitting hairs a bit.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

:vince:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

OctaMurk posted:

I believe he will.

He wasn't upset about that one guy getting turned into a bloody sundae, it made him happy. He's going to be firmly in the Homelander camp and become more like him if not radicalized.

In the end, he might realize what's happened, be sorry about it and ask Butcher for forgiveness after some massive destruction and deaths.

Butcher will hug him as Ryan cries and keeps saying he is so sorry, he was wrong. Butcher will say it's alright, that he forgives him.

Then Butcher snaps his neck.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Tell that to Ryan’s snapped neck

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Loving all the in-universe meta.

Now with the Deep!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
this may be the dawn of the seven but it's sunset on a-train

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
What the gently caress is the giant stoplight about

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Wee Bairns posted:

Now with the Deep!

I love how they made sure that the shop of Deep in there is done extra shoddily and doesn't match at all. :allears:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I like Translucent in that picture.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Wee Bairns posted:

Now with the Deep!

"LOL there's only 6 of them!"

oh jay posted:

I like Translucent in that picture.

:hmmyes:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/1574413625191796743

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

that poster would be an incredible way to foreshadow the addition of a character named Stoplight, who is referenced several times in the first eps of Season 4 before being revealed as a giant talking stoplight

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

That DICK! posted:

that poster would be an incredible way to foreshadow the addition of a character named Stoplight, who is referenced several times in the first eps of Season 4 before being revealed as a giant talking stoplight

Stoplight, the only one who can stop Starlight. :hmmyes:

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I didn’t love the finale episode but “ha ha ha…alright…” is one of the highlights of the show.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

davidspackage posted:

Stoplight, the only one who can stop Starlight. :hmmyes:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

This marketing campaign is really leaning into the idea that there is no such thing as bad publicity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3PKlWd0ZfM

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Surprised they have that traitor starlight on the can.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's cause cans sell

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea but REAL patriots know she's a traitor and won't buy that can. Should have put a REAL hero on there like Homelander or maybe Blue Hawk or Gunpowder. They'd sell millions! :911:

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
Other than the compound V/Temp V distinction, is there anything in the show that suggests individual doses of compound V are unique? Are characters' different powers' the result of slightly different versions of the compound, or is it all due to differences in their individual biology?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Considering the orphanage of young supes with powers that were dangerous to themselves and others, I'd say it's a biology gamble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

My son turned 12 this week and asked if he was old enough to watch The Boys. We said no. He asked how old he was going to have to be. We told him we weren't really old enough and shouldn't be watching it.