Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SardonicTyrant posted:

Wasn't his power dependent on breastfeeding from his mother? It wouldn't be the grossest thing on the show.

Sorta.

The only way he could stay healthy was regularly drinking it.

Whether they keep the fact she continually mutated until she was just a giant tentacled blob with an afro, I guess we'll see, but I really hope not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If they do the G-Men, I really hope they skip G-Style because yikes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rocksicles posted:

You think they'll skip doing Flamer?

I just hope they skip Superduper.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Raccooon posted:

Its good they toned down from the comics. From what I remember the comics came off extremely homophobic.

And Ennis tried to cover it up by having Butcher say you shouldn't care about the words he used since he didn't actually hate gay people.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's been years since i read the comic but i thought the military could stomp the superheroes if they wanted to.

That's one of the comic's problems. Aside from the Homelander it does seem like every other super is a joke. The G-Men are wiped out by Vought's private military and the bulk of the superheroes are wiped out by the military when it comes to the big fight at the end.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Elephant Ambush posted:

Also they're already making fun of Trump's stupid gold sneakers

And just think, now they've got Trump's own Bible to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

massive spider posted:

Homelander is probably the best recent satire of Trump because a lot of them just lean on this 'can you believe the crazy things he comes out with?' type thing. Homelander works because it's less about the obvious goofiness and more about their shared desperation to be loved by all while lacking redeeming qualities to achieve it.

As a friend put it The Boys is a good show that can feel heavy handed and dumb because it's trying to address issues that are, frankly, heavy handed and dumb.