Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm asking this as a Jewish person, but does anyone else feel like Stormfront looks extremely Jewish? She just has the exact same hair/face/nose/body as every pretty JAP I knew in college and I cannot tell if that's written into the show or not.

The actress's father's family is Jewish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm also curious if it will stay a behind-the-scenes irony or if they'll incorporate it into the show. I think it's interesting on the meta level because the actress knew who the character is when she took the job.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just glad thus far I haven't had to hear Hughie talk about how he feels "stuck-in".

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you reconcile it with lies, op.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Small White Dragon posted:

What was the deal in ep 1 where the Deep gets up and there was some weird goop under him? Considering there's a momentary focus on it I assume it's important.

he is a gross fish man. The end. Half the combined subplots of the fist three episodes is him coming to terms with being a gross fish man.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rappaport posted:

I was rooting for this to happen, but I'm not sure if that was the intent of the series.

I think the show is smart enough that ambiguity was the intent. It will provide some drama fuel in later interactions between Starlight and the Boys.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

The subtitles say sobbing.

thread title plz

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bioshuffle posted:

It's pretty clear most of you are not open to the idea that there are multiple ways to interpret and analyze shows

and some of these ways are stupid.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bioshuffle posted:

I don't see the point in attacking someone just because they view things differently.

insert calm hitler meme here.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so do we have a bead on her being racist or no?

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Liberty stabbed Shannon.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That the 1970's murder took place durring a storm is probably not a coincidence

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rando fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 21, 2020

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have a feeling the writers were all like "oh poo poo people might get mad if we kill a baby" and just added that line as insurance.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
So She's Always a Woman this year or next GO

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bioshuffle posted:

If you can legitimately explain which rules I'm breaking, I'll gladly stop posting. So far, the only thing I'm guilty of is making a few wrong guesses.

https://www.somethingawful.com/forum-rules/forum-rules/

You suck and though it's not a rule, it's a thing.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
plz

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
waiting for the redemption arc

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

Quote this post if you want BioShuffle to get probed until the season is over

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
How the gently caress is Homelander's lifestyle relatable to anyone?

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

The star of a show doesn't have to be relatable. They can be. Different stories work different ways.

Y'all are so dang arrogant about FICTION its crazy.

E: I don't think homelander is the main character but arguing so definitively over a concept as nebulous as "main character" in this context is insane.

I didn't say anything about who was or wasn't the main character. I asked how the lab-grown flying laser man was relatable to anyone.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Namaer posted:

If anything, like in real world situations with a power imbalance, I don't think anyone really could fully consent to having sex with Homelander.

Except GoGoGadgetChris somehow.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The 9/11 analog in the comics is that the plane Homelander abandons goes on to destroy the brooklyn bridge.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there was a whole line about it.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
spinoff better be called The Boys & Girls

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
all the test subjects were white, right?

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've seen Ennis described as a foreigner in love with America who only kinda sorta understands America.

As far as the too-cool-for-school edginess of his writing I think it's worth noting that Ennis was like 40 years old when he wrote The Boys.

edit: Unrelated/related, Meghan McCain named her daughter Liberty.

Rando fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 1, 2020

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm guessing the head-popping congressional hearing is the show's Reichstag fire moment.

Now for the Night of Long Capes.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've spent more than a minute wonderig if the fridging of the nazi for the sake of the neo-nazi's motivation is problamatic or not

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:siren: lmao Stormfront's rally speach cadence is 100% based on Tomi Lahren gently caress me, check it.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Does it really rhyme with penis?

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"oozing sex" sounds like advanced gonorrhea

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Tolkien also wrote this passage in the chapter "of herbs and stewed rabbit" where Samwise regards a dead Southron:

quote:

He was glad he that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace

so I don't think Tolkien's ideas are as without subtlety as some here think.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
okay it's up, go watch your show

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm guessing Vic having any semblance to AOC was pure misdirect for the sake of the season and will be dropped next year.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait to see the bouncing retarded ball-man supe. This Garth Ennis guy sounds like he has his poo poo together.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
She's economically anxious, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If Cash comes back next season it may be in flashbacks since they're supposed to be diving into some supe history per Kripke's last interview.