Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey.

As usual, this is a heads up I'm still around. I've been carefully writing the next chapters, but I've been taking my time due to assorted stuff that gets in the way.

Update will come when it's ready (tm) as usual, but I'm still here. If you're still reading this or have this bookmarked, thank you for your patience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elentor posted:

Hey.

As usual, this is a heads up I'm still around. I've been carefully writing the next chapters, but I've been taking my time due to assorted stuff that gets in the way.

Update will come when it's ready (tm) as usual, but I'm still here. If you're still reading this or have this bookmarked, thank you for your patience.

It's all good fam, we'll be here for you.

You take care of your stuff, just know we appreciate the effort you put into everything you do.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Good content takes time.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

No worries Elentor! Take care of you and yours and stay safe. :bird:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Chaosfeather posted:

No worries Elentor! Take care of you and yours and stay safe. :bird:

Yeah this, 💛👍

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Elentor posted:

Hey.

No problem! Thank you for letting us know! :yayclod:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This memory is blank.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Adrenaline, you hold onto her.

"What if we're to lose each other?"

She looks at you. There's the coldness, the distance that brings you the dichotomy of the comfort you feel. The same distance that gives you solace, and a certainty that all will be alright, and that she will protect you. But also that same coldness sets her forever apart from your own feelings. Even if she feels the same, she will not expose them in words the way you do.

"You know I would die for you, right? To defend you. To protect you, even if you would rather have the other way", you tell her.
"I know."
With her arm over your shoulder, she pulls you, and you lay your head on her shoulder as you two walk across the black and gray and dull rooms, mysterious in their darkness, featureless when brought to light.

Fasuana of the Axe: We all die, Adrenaline. You strike me as someone who should be telling me this, rather than hearing.
Adrenaline: I'm not used to be afraid.
Adrenaline: You're here because of a loved one.

The axe-wielding woman pauses for a moment. "I am", she says, yielding to the same fear you fear.

Cheryl kisses your hair. "I will not leave you alone, flameling. I've survived more than you can imagine. When this is all over we'll go as far west as we can." She says that with an unusual tone, words that, while meaningful, are also empty. "Survived what, dear? Are you being poetic, or have you had a glimpse?" you ask.

"I've crossed the wastelands and death was sprung in front of my eyes. And I left everything, and there was no one to hear my cries.

I lost those who'd come with me, those who'd come to see, but not those who would die for me. Not even live for me."

Vitoria: The vast does that to western folks. When we leave this place, we'll take you to your west, sniper. Away from the death.

Perhaps you were wrong about her being cold. Perhaps you are simply not equipped to understand her experiences, her fears, her traumas. You hang onto her, as if to show you're there anyway. As you walk, the scent of Kali manifests. An aura that is surrounding, foreboding even, but impersonal and, somehow, familiar.

Fasuana of the Axe: I know that this feels like. This feels like Ayanari.
Vitoria: To, to.

One-Six looks around. "Why haven't we sensed anything before?" There is Kali all around us, like in the domes of the far east. And then what was darkness is turned to a faint teal, and what was featureless becomes connections on the wall. And although you've seen such circuit-like signs on the Ayanari before, you've never seen patterns like this.

Cheryl: Did we activate it?

Adrenaline: No... No, I get it. We've been thinking this all wrong. We were right the first time, the Ayanari would use portals. We were crossing portals. Opening and closing as we go forward.
Adrenaline: We couldn't feel anything because... who knows where we are right now, even?

And then you see it - the looped segment in front of you, or so it seems, gives way to a large circular room. The room is filled with chairs around a central, round table, and from the walls spring forth cabinetes, shelves. Crystal files, like the memory archives used by the Ayanari of the old.

And so, you can feel the rhythm again. The signal. And as you feel the pulsing rhythm, so do your new companions, as well a more familiar Kali.

Vitoria: Father. I can feel father. Mother, I can feel father!

Fasuana walks across the glyph-lit room, with a bewildered look in her face. However old she is, it is clear that this is a new experience, one for which she was not ready.
Vitoria: Father, mother! From below! Diere!

Cheryl: There's so much around. So much Kali. So many feelings.

"Mother, m͓̬̭̬̞o͈͔̝͖͎͡t̯̰h̩̟̘̯̹̞e̱r̸̺̦͈̰̪̹̮!͇͠" Vitoria screams, walking around, shouting words in their language.

And then there's no more sound. You're stunned and disoriented for a second, and you panic, thinking you've gone deaf. Looking around, you see others touching their ears instinctively. You walk to a wall and knock on it, but there is no sound.

In your head, you hear a voice - featureless, indescribable the same way you cannot describe what a regular sound would be like to someone who has never heard.

"Welcome to the Nexus. A basic silence field has been activated to discourage you from speaking dangerous things unwittingly in your respective languages. Alas, this center does not have access to your profiles, so I must assume dispelling such basic magic might be easy - I ask you not to, for your own sake.

This is both a warning to external dangers of which you might be aware, as well as a threat. This sector has been on lockdown for 348 years at an elevated threat level. It is beyond my control to prevent it from being raised further in case any of you do something deemed dangerous.

It is, however, in my interest to help you. The current group seems to speak West Merian, Ilbric, and -------. As part of the safety protocol, I ask you to choose a single language for us to communicate. I am now dispelling the silence field for your comfort."

Cheryl: What the gently caress is -------?

Elentor fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 11, 2021

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Elentor posted:

Be As Berserker.

no, wait:

To Be Continued.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

West Merian, obviously way better than East Merian

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Lol if it's english.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

What the gently caress is blank indeed.

Wait do I have to change my font now?

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Lux Animus posted:

Lol if it's english.

Please be this.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Next update will be out in a few days.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Time freezes.

You can still think, outside of space and time, at normal speed. This is because, for the briefest moment, you, as Adrenaline, realizes that you are not you.

You can feel the phantom pain. It becomes unbearable, and then it is no more.

-------------------------------------------------

Cheryl: English. That's the language. English.

Unknown Day: Adrenaline / Unknown Time

"The threat level has been elevated. Though by no fault of yours."

Cheryl: What do you mean? I'm just repeating what you said.
One-Six: No... something changed. We don't know English. We don't even know what language that is, do we?
One-Six: What changed? What is the third language?

"You are all under the influence of souls other than your own. But you know this, or this information would have shortened our time. E̤̭̺̘̲ng͙̥͖͈͓̭͓͝l͙͓̘̦í̩̝͉̩̯̞̱s̹̮̰̳̦h̳̺̗̼̖̯ ̞̹͔͚̕ì̱̺̗̘̹s̛͔̜̦͍̱̠͍ ̛̙̖̗̰̝̠̮t͍͓̼̭͉̻̬h͎̘̮͖͇̜͜ͅè̙͔͇ͅ ͚̱̜͔͍̗̼͟l̷a͈͇̝͉͙n̘̥̬̺g̢̘͈̰̘̠u͏̣͚̪̗͖á͓̮̜̮g̝̪ḛ̖ ̜̱̰̟t̬̪̯̪͝h̶̪̞̤̰e̘͔̙̲̪̰̟͝s̳̥̲̭̥̱e̛͈̼̬̮̹ ̦͍͚̫̰͙s̟̻̥̲̖̫o̳̲͎̤͓͖u̱̬̭ḷ̡͕̺s͙̦͍ ͇̗͙̩͞ş̥̝̣̲p̵̥̲͉͚ḙ͇̰a̝͙̙̗̕k̹͇̬͍̙ ̴̜̦̦w̦̲i̬̠̳t͢h̬̫̫͖̳ ̤̙̲e̹̠͙̞̪̞a͓̠c̬ḫ ot̜͝her͎̩.̻͔͇ ̲̣̻̱͇̹̜́I̸̪̹̱t̘̣͇̣͇͕̟'̫s̸̬ ͍̹̦̥͙͎̫ṋ̦̯o̩̤͈̝͙̼̙t̡͓͈̰̙͚̫͙ ͚͚̺̪̮̣͉f̳͕r̬̹̪o̤̪̬̜̦̩͞m̭̙̗ ̰͘t͍̻͓͇͖̣̕h̜͎iș̪̮ͅ ͍̙̥w҉o͞r͉̺̭̫̙̣̘͝ḽ͕d̶̹̤̗̠̜̬̣.͚"

One-Six: You mean, these souls are not... born here, in "lives past"?
Cheryl: Why did you tell us that if it was only gonna make things worse?

"This information was not meant for you. Under normal circumstances none of you should be here. Whatever unlikely chain of events brought you here has likely caused a great deal of trouble. It was meant for The Detective, the one to bear the souls. Now that you know this information, however, your contamination has reached critical levels. I apologize.

Adrenaline: What the gently caress do you mean critical levels? What detective?
One-Six: You haven't answered yet. What changed?

"This place is split in four separate wings and exists to deal with the event you're all familiar with, the near extinction of humankind, the loss of civilization and the missing memories. These are all linked in some way I do not know."

Fasuana of the Axe: The infohazard.

"Correct. You are not the first Kalistas to visit this place during this cycle, but I am set only to acknowledge the soul-bearers. Acquiring the information of the souls you contain sets in motion a protocol that should not have been presented to any of you. What changes is that the privileges granted to the souls have been increased. Or should I say, the breach between our realms has been further opened."

You feel confusion. None of this makes sense to you - and yet, you feel like some of it also does.

Cheryl: Let me see if I understand.
Cheryl: Some time ago, I presume, Julier has found this place. Some Kalista who's been gatekeeping the way north, a real pain in the rear end for everyone down south.
Cheryl: We knew he and his gang had found something, and kept sending resources. We did not have the means to deal with them, so we played a guerrilla warfare.
Cheryl: Those three riders of his, they were the ones to have found this place. They're women, engineers, does that match?

"Correct, although they have not been the only ones to breach this facility."

Cheryl: Right. And then this place was not activated for them because they do not have the voices in their heads. But I thought...
Fasuana of the Axe: I thought everyone had them. And that that had been the case for generations.

"Entities are merged as part of the Event, yes. Most people merge, mix, or die.

The souls you carry, however, are part of a Black Ops plan set in motion during the last cycle. To sneak entities who could acquire information, without triggering the Infohazard. They would fit in, and none would be the wiser. They currently reside, predominantly, in the Ayanari with the Fiery Tattoo. Souls can only be passed by those who have opened their Kali to one another in trust, which means somehow, you've had contact with the Detective."

Adrenaline: Me?

Adrenaline: But... how? Cheryl rescued me. And... One-Six and I, we haven't had... contact with the outsiders.
Fasuana of the Axe: My daughter and I don't go around sharing mementos. I am here to find my husband, and I hope to get some answers about that.
Cheryl: I haven't opened my Kali to anyone other than this group, either.
One-Six: I have the remnants of a powerful Kalista, but these are just glimpses. Maybe that could have something to do with it.

One-Six: But who is the detective, even? Why do you call them that?

"I don't know who it is. It's part of the protocol. Someone has to investigate what happened. The detective; the security detail; the memory keeper, which has come to be known as far glimpser throughout the cycles; the mentor; the diplomat; the fighter. They have varied over the ages, we adapt to what we have. Most of them are meant to be low Kali but high skilled individuals who can carry their tasks with low risk of triggering an event, protected by one or two powerful Kalistas at most. In other words, the opposite of this party."

Cheryl: We are here, though. Your detective isn't. And while it's true we do not have a varied skillset, we are still the ones who made through.

"Yes, but unfortunately, you are all contaminated. This wing has been sealed. I'm only sharing so much information because you are past the point of no return. You are all compromised."

You feel a gut punch for a brief moment, but it goes away. You don't feel as nervous as you should be.
Fasuana of the Axe: You are telling us we are dead. I assume there's a spell in place to calm us down right now, because I think I should be pretty angry. What are we dead from? Radiation?

"Radiation? Yes, there is a fairly high level of radiation in this environment, caused by a leak centuries ago. The nexus contains portals to many areas, some of which are now taken by the East Vast. That, however, should not be your concern. You are all contaminated because you know too much. Were you to try to leave this place, at best the information you know would cause you to die - things around you would wither, erode, and then reset as if you were never there. At worst, you could trigger a global event.

I'm afraid you can no longer leave this facility."

------------------------------------------------------------

There are tears, but even your senses are dampened. You want to feel rage at being robbed of your feelings, but you can't feel it either.

"As long as I can find my family, I do not care if I have to stay here or not. I've lived in the East Vast for centuries. I'm patient." Vitoria has been quiet. She holds her mother, while looking at One-Six from time to time, with a worried expression.

One-Six's anger doesn't seem to be subdued. They're no longer the person you once knew. Something awakened that day, and you still can't understand it.

"Who made this place?", One-Six asks. "I don't know".
"How long has this been going on?", One-Six asks. "This is the 27th Cycle."
"How long do we have?", One-Six asks. "I don't know."
"How can we ever leave?", One-Six asks.

"Help us fix the Event. Were I to let you go, all it would do would be to hasten your death. This facility exists for a single purpose, to fix the Infohazard."

Cheryl: How can we fix anything, if we can't leave this place? Why are you telling us this, then?

"Because the souls within you are not bound to this place. They are not bound to our time or space. You are trapped here, but they are not."

Cheryl: So we are just conduits? I'm not gonna sit here and rot away. What can we do?

"I would like to reestablish contact with the other wings. You can sit here and wait, or you can help me do that. But be warned that the dangers you will face are heavy: Any exposure to the outside world will destroy you. The security in place is also extremely dangerous. This facility is large and not meant to be meddled with."

Fasuana of the Axe: As I've been saying, I'm here to find my family. What are we looking at?

"This north wing is the Memory Archive. This is where you're at. It contains files, memory crystals, reports. However, none of it can be known to the outside world. For security reasons, even I do not know what is contained in them, I know only what is needed. The content contained here has been deemed, at some point, by someone who accessed this place, important to be preserved.

The west wing is the Containment Bay. It is where the chosen Kalistas are kept safe from the events outside. However, I have lost access to the Containment Bay a few centuries ago. The detective's souls being here mean that, at some point, the detective escaped, but I do not know what lies therein.

The south wing is the Hazard Archives. That is where all the chosen Kalistas are monitored, selected, and kept track. It's the link between this facility and the outside world. It can keep track of how close we are to the Global Event.

We are, however, faced with a paradox. We have the information that might be able to fix the world, but those who know it cannot fix the world. This was the cycle where - through the outsider souls - this flaw would be fixed. It is clear, however, that something else happened."

Adrenaline: And none of us have any idea of what it is...
Cheryl: And the east wing?

"I do not know. I am a system designed dozens of thousands of years ago, and I do not think anyone alive should know how to interfere with my functioning. I do not know what could have dampened or hacked me. Although we are on lockdown and I need access to the West and South, the East Wing is different: All physical access to the East Wing has been cut from within the facility. Something very important lied there, and someone with great power and ill intent went to great lengths to lock it away."

This memory is blank.

Fasuana of the Axe: Could it be that instead, the place was compromised and the facility itself cut off its access on purpose?
Adrenaline: Oh, that's... even scarier.

"That is very much possible. I am not privy to everything in the facility, as compartmentalization is key to prevent a cataclysm. It is possible that this place itself cut off contact with the East Wing."

One-Six: In which case your memory could have been deleted as a fail-safe. Maybe the place got contaminated.

"It's possible.

But before I help you find your family, and help you help me, I need to fulfill my role. If someone you know is in this facility, then they probably are in the Containment Bay. Once you leave this wing I will seal it, and your only way back from the structures holding this place will be through the other wings, should you succeed. Or you can stay here and wait. But you are the soul bearer. And I need you to fulfill the soul bearer's role."

You walk around, looking at the files. As you approach them, their name is read to you in your mind. Reports, files, memories.

Adrenaline: So what do we do, Louder Voice in our Head? You said the privileges of our Souls have been increased, but at a risk.

"Usually they can influence your decisions, and this is still the case. However, they can opt to touch this realm themselves here, and, in doing so, become containers to these memories.

If they do that, you will not be privy to the memories they access, and they may be touched by the infohazard. I don't think it can offer any meaningful danger to their realm, but it might limit their interactions with this realm. It's a risk we have to take.

You are at the limit of your knowledge. You might want to look at these files at your own risk, but the "phantom pain" will only increase. At any given time, only the most important files are kept, and files reviewed to be useless are requested to be deleted. These are the current twenty files, along with the cycle in which they were added."

[YOU CAN EITHER:]
[VOTE] - Vote as usual. Both you the players and Cheryl's Party get to share in the knowledge, but you can't be sure which memories will be chosen or how many.
[CONTAIN] - Pick up a single memory to contain. This memory will then be available to you players. However, by choosing [Contain] you understand and agree that your SA account may be affected by the Infohazard.
Once contained, a choice can no longer be voted or contained by another player.

A) BETWEEN TIMES - 5 [VOTED]
B) DANGER - 23
C) ENTROPY - 4
D) EON - ???
E) GATE: DETAIL - 18 [VOTED]
F) GATE: GUARDIAN - 18
G) GATE: MENTOR - 18
H) HIDDEN MAN - 2
I) PATIENT ZERO - 25
J) SANDSTORM - 2
K) SENSER - 26 [VOTED]
L) SHAPE OF THE WORLD - 3
M) ??? - 26
N) ??? - 26
O) ??? - 26
P) THE MERGING - 6
Q) TIME CHANGE - 7
R) TIME CHANGE - 5
S) WAR - 26
T) WORLD END - 1

Proceed.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 11, 2021

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[Contain]
Livin dangerously :black101:

e: for good measure

quote:

[CONTAIN] - Pick up a single memory to contain. This memory will then be available to you players. However, by choosing [Contain] you understand and agree that your SA account may be affected by the Infohazard.
I do indeed understand and agree, yep.

[b](USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 21, 2021

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FILE: DANGER
CYCLE 23

Report: The Turina Protocol

During Cycle 23 we have encountered a stray Amazon who calls herself Turina. She has been contained and, due to the sensitive situation, the nearby portals to the facility have been closed.

While using a Time-Sensitive Kalista, we have strong evidence that her Kali dwarves everyone reported so far since Report Reference Missing. It is possible that Turina has the highest Kali potential in recorded history. This is in line with the event during Report Reference Missing, which presents an extreme danger.

It is strongly encouraged that she is not allowed to wake up until there comes a time when her powers can be subdued. Our Time lookup indicates that keeping her alive is safe for the next centuries and, Goddess willing, we will succeed in our task.

Our recommendation is never to wake her up until the Infohazard is over, or until there comes a time when a powerful enough Time Kalista can look up into her remaining lifetime. If that's the case, and if she is to become an agent, we also recommend teaching her the basics of Glimpse Detection, so that she can prevent the timeline from being altered once established that she isn't a threat.

And similarly to Report Reference Missing, do not attempt to harm her if you do not have the means to protect yourself from someone altering the Timeline against you.

We do not have the means for either as of now, so we choose containment as the safest procedure.

- Yelma, Far Glimpser

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
[CONTAIN] World End

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh, wait? All I get is probably a probation? I’m too greedy for this option, let’s risk it:
[CONTAIN] [H - HIDDEN MAN]

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Catalina posted:

Oh, wait? All I get is probably a probation?

That you know

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
[CONTAIN] - Entropy

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Elentor posted:

That you know

Yup! I figure that, but my greed is the one driving this, sooo...

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

thanks for the update! and wow, the journey continues. I have a question for the gm: since this place contains memory-stuff and direct knowledge on a player souls level, does it count as a Delve or similiar related thing?

Also, the thread title's being eaten.

Maybe we ought to prioritize memories and clues that help us? or what went wrong last time around or so.

I know the hazard archives came up with the dragon, or another plot point. That's probably a good place to start.

quote:

"I don't know who it is. It's part of the protocol. Someone has to investigate what happened. The detective; the security detail; the memory keeper, which has come to be known as far glimpser throughout the cycles; the mentor; the diplomat; the fighter. They have varied over the ages, we adapt to what we have. Most of them are meant to be low Kali but high skilled individuals who can carry their tasks with low risk of triggering an event, protected by one or two powerful Kalistas at most. In other words, the opposite of this party."

This's interesting. With roles to play, I wonder if we can figure out what the other parties are doing and composed of.

quote:

"Yes, but unfortunately, you are all contaminated. This wing has been sealed. I'm only sharing so much information because you are past the point of no return. You are all compromised."

There's an interesting possibility here, that is, for the players to remove our influence from a person. We may want to consider reducing someone's count to zero and seeing if that can lift restrictions and make an envoy out. There's a command to switch, and it gets expensive later, but we may want to give up someone for the sake of making a message get out.
Are there any low - player count wise - party members that would make good candidates? The player site is down so its hard to check. not sure if intentional?

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 21, 2021

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Let's go for mystery option
[CONTAIN] M)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Contain - Dealer's Choice, gimme a good one :rolldice:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the_steve posted:

Contain - Dealer's Choice, gimme a good one :rolldice:

I can't do that as it can be biased, sorry.

VVVVVVVVVVVV Or repeats

I'll process the remaining commands tomorrow.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 21, 2021

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Elentor posted:

I can't do that as it can be biased, sorry.

:negative:
drat, guess we'll go with Contain - World End then. That seems like a promising line of forbidden exposition.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

[CONTAIN] J) SANDSTORM - 2ARUDE

I understand and agree to the contain conditions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erb4n8PW2qw

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

I will do what I can do help, both the thread and the characters trapped within it!

I understand that there are consequences. [CONTAIN] I - PATIENT ZERO

And if that's the last I can exist in this world, so be it! I will watch from the shadows and cheer you all on.

Chaosfeather fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Feb 22, 2021

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
One of us has to not be at risk. I will [Vote] A :toot:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

[CONTAIN] S - War

Give me that sixer!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Elentor posted:

Cheryl: English. That's the language. English.

:thunk:

As usual, Cheryl continues to intrigue with how much she seems to have a direct link to us players compared to other characters. She's the only one I can think of who when their dialogue comes from our posts, it comes more often and more verbatim.
I would wager that Cheryl and Yuga-Clarice would probably be the characters most under our benevolent and wise influence compromised, since both of them were saved from death due to our votes....though in Yuga's case that looks like more of a case of us accidentally killing her off in a timeline she was supposed to be in, and one of us being smart enough to prevent that last minute. It's interesting to note that Yuga seems to be aware that she died and was saved, but Cheryl is not.

64bitrobot posted:

One of us has to not be at risk. I will [Vote] A :toot:

I appreciate someone doing the smart thing! :cheersdoge:

Catalina fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 21, 2021

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
[CONTAIN] D) EON

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
[CONTAIN] L) SHAPE OF THE WORLD

I understand and agree that my SA account may be affected by the infohazard.

Never did want to post forever.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is confusing

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FILE: ENTROPY
CYCLE 4

A strange constellation pops up in your mind. Some stars lighten up amidst countless others.

"This file has been preserved elsewhere. The stars are the key to your archive."

Elentor fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 22, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
F) Contain Gate: Guardian

I understand and agree that my SA account may be affected by the infohazard.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GATE: GUARDIAN
CYCLE 18

There is nothing in this memory bank, except for an enchantment and a note.

"This file is a backdoor. It establishes a link with the designated Guardian of your cycle. It's an exploit I designed to allow people in this room to have contact with the outside, but use it carefully. Remember, any information you send them puts them in jeopardy.

-Archmage Yasira of the Ayanari"

----------------------------------------------

As the Container of Gate: Guardian you, PMush Perfect, can send a message to the Guardian at most once between updates (including now). Keep in mind that that does not reveal to you who the Guardian is.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Vote E

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As you look into this file, Catalina, you do not feel the corruption affecting you at first.

Instead, you feel a heavy dread that you have been, somehow, compromised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILE: HIDDEN MAN
CYCLE 2

My name is Sidgar, the Detective of my Cycle. We have less than a week before this Cycle is over.

I am agent of the Veira Empire, situated in a place you would know as [North Ragnandar] at present time. I have the Kali property to be immune to memories. There are few people who can acknowledge my existence. I lived through the end of the first cycle.

These are the things I found:

* The time between the first and second cycles can be calculated to be 93 years. This is considerably shorter than the time between the first cycle and pre-historic events, which is estimated in the thousands of years.
* The second cycle lasted 321 years.
* The first cycle lasted around 1300 years.
* A massive use of Kali has been detected on a global scale 5 months ago, with no precedent and unknown purpose.

Unfortunately, no progress was made towards knowing why Kali sets off the long sleep. The damage in the second cycle was minimal compared to the huge loss that spurred this endeavor. The obvious theory is that whatever magic was used in the past months greatly accelerated the process.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh that's loving clever.