Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fasuana and Vitoria are back early in the room, sitting and tending to the man Fasuana broke out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Look when things start disappearing you have to hold on tight to those you want to keep close to you.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

So. Here's my shot in the dark on the person in the portrait. I think it's Serena, Yasha-Mar's first disciple.
I am NOT good at interpreting Merian writing, but the writing on the top part, which reads right to left, looks like "Serena", and there are some relevant parts when Lamelie/Yasha-Mar was talking to Ellen about her.

Elentor posted:

Lamelie: Serena is the person I was looking for, like you were looking for Malu. In our culture, your first disciple was called Niseren. Serena took that part of the name to herself, meaning First in old Merian. She is a Far Glimpser. Or rather, she was a Far Glimpser.
Lamelie: She woke up after I was already a professor in my first memory cycle, and I taught her. Then, out of respect, Serena took upon herself to be my... cultural babysitter of sorts, and guide me through every life I led. She was one of the oldest people alive, and the first Far Glimpser that we met, hence her name.

Ellen: I vaguely remember that name. Yuga must have mentioned it.

Lamelie: Serena knew she would not be a Far Glimpser again. I do not know how. But however strong the people we've met are, Serena has the muscle memory of someone who trained for centuries. Kalistas don't live long, as we all seem to know.
Lamelie: If it comes to it, and she's the same Serena I knew, I do not wish to engage her, and I definitely do not want to hurt her. But things would be tough for us.

Ellen: She's a Senser, aren't Sensers generally weak? Isn't that why you trained Turina to be weak?
Lamelie: Yes, about that. Serena created the Prime Vanguard I was talking about. She uses her aura entirely to predict the enemy's movement, and attacks physically. Most people across all cultures saw Sensers as an extension of Mages. Like there's a gradient of how stiff your aura is, and if it's too tight, then you're better off enhancing your body, or equipment. Sensers were, in that aspect, weaker mages. An aura too scattered to condense into Magic, properly.

Lamelie: Serena never uses any of it. She simply keeps it spread to feel vibrations, like a spider in her web. By never spending her Kali she's always at peak energy. Her teachings were prohibited because... well, people like her are too dangerous to other Kalistas. And even the very first batch of students grew too arrogant.

So. Ayanari like Yasha-Mar (?), a Far Glimpser, and incredibly powerful.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unknown Day: Adrenaline / Unknown Time

Ayanari: The Containment Bay cannot answer you, Kalista.
Ayanari: I've been waiting for you, for a long, long time. And, to be honest, I thought I would have waited longer.
Ayanari: But... who, who are you?
Cheryl: Who are you?

The woman looks at you and yours thoroughly confused. She seems particularly confounded by One-Six.

Ayanari: That rifle is powered by magic, isn't it? You cannot shoot it here. There's a very powerful anti-magic field in this place. It's all that this quarantine zone is good for now.
Cheryl: Bullshit. The Kali emanating from behind you is huge.
She looks at the woman in the cell next to her.
Ayanari: Yes. Yes it is.
Ayanari: Impressive, isn't it? That she can manifest this much energy in a place designed not to.
Ayanari: But you can call my bluff, if you want, noth-

Cheryl aims slightly to her left and pulls the trigger. Nothing happens.

Ayanari: -ing will stop it from being true.
Cheryl: But... how? How? That woman, how is she-
Ayanari: I'm afraid not having good old gunpowder in this place will do you no good.

----------------------------------------------------

Ayanari: You're not supposed to be here, any of you. You're not the designated soul bearers.
Cheryl: Yes, we've already heard this story. What's going on here?
Ayanari: This moment was... written. In the book of fate, so to speak. I saw the Detective, and her partners coming here, and, no one, not even Yasha-Mar is among you.
Adrenaline: Who's Yasha-Mar?
Cheryl: That's the second time we've heard of this name recently. Who's Yasha-Mar, in no cryptic terms?
Ayanari: But being cryptic is part of the puzzle we're all in, isn't it?

Cheryl pulls a manual handgun from her trenchcoat. She points it at the Ayanari. The woman moves sideways, slowly, moving away from the Kalista in the cell.

Ayanari: You remind me of the detective. She was blunt, just as you are. I wonder...

Cheryl: Who's Yasha-Mar and why did we see a barge in her name?

Ayanari: She was the Directress of the Dam-Yunat, the first Dome the Ayanari, before me. To you, western, you might remember it as a school of magic.

Adrenaline: The first dome, that's where they took refugees... that's...
Adrenaline: That's also where they took us when the Merian flowers fell to the East Vast.
Directress: Yes, I know.
Directress: You are...?
Adrenaline: I'm Adrenaline. And this is my partner, Cheryl.
Adrenaline: Do you remember, One-Six? When the City of the Crescent... when it all died.

Directress: I remember the City of the Crescent. I remember cultivating the seeds of their flowers, planting them. That was during my tenure.

One-Six walks around, suspicious.

One-Six: Do you have any proof of it? Do you remember what those days were like?
Directress: Your government refused to accept help of the Ayanari until it was too late. The portals opened in the final days took a fifth of the Dome with them. They called it the grey storm, that even the red fires of the East Vast could not overwhelm the silver and azure lights of your city.
Directress: A beautiful narrative, a pretty prose to a disaster that could have been avoided. That day the very shelters built to safekeep the survivors of the East Vast were destroyed by it. We rebuilt them as fast as we could, and our citizens shared their homes with the Merians of the Crescent, but many of you traveled west, accepting help from the Scars, wanting to move as far away from the desert as possible.
Directress: And some, so I heard, went further, all the way to Kenvlar.
One-Six: That's right.
One-Six: I was in the caravans to the Scars. But some of us... I tried to settle at the Edge, some of us could not get used to the iron tunnels of the Scarfolks. Like this hole we're in. But ultimately I needed money, and food, and ended up in the Scars anyway, though I could not get verified as from the Crescent anymore.
Directress: Is that so? I'm sorry.
Directress: Of all the Merian City-States, yours was the hardest to deal with, I'm sorry that your people had to pay the price.
One-Six: How do you remember so much of it? Are you a Far Glimpser?
Directress: Oh. In a way. I remember everything.
Directress: As far as I'm aware, I'm the only one who does.

Cheryl: This is a nice reunion and I'm glad you helped in keeping the two of them alive but you haven't answered the question. What does this have to do with anything?

Directress: I don't know how much you know, if you want me not to be cryptic.
Directress: Yasha-Mar was the designated Guardian of this Cycle. Does this mean anything to you?
Cheryl: Yes, go on.
Directress: I took Yasha-Mar's barge to this place. She and her protégée took a leave from Dam-Yunat to explore certain events happening at the Edge. But they never made back. They never saw the final days of their home.
Cheryl: But that barge, it was used decades ago, right? How could that be? No one was awake.
Directress: That's a very strong sense your group has. You're right.
Directress: It was used in the Between Times. Do you know what that means?

Adrenaline: Yes, yes I... I saw the between times.
Adrenaline: In a memory crystal. From thousands of years ago.
Adrenaline: The frozen time between each Cycle.

Directress: Nice, nice. I'm impressed. You seem to know a lot.
One-Six: And so do you.
Directress: Clearly not enough.
One-Six: Why do you say this moment was written? Are you attuned to Time?
Directress: Attuned to time? No, nothing like that. I'm not really attuned to anything.
You look confused at her. She laughs.
Directress: But yes, I did see the future once. But time is a fickle thing.
Directress: I saw the detective reach this place, knowing she was too late. She followed her instructions to visit the Hazard Archives, and there and then she moved, and finally returned to me. You see, the detective was there, in the Between Times.
Directress: But then, something happened. At the behest of her partner, she sacrificed most of the time in this cycle to retain some of her identity. At that very moment, things died. I saw her best friend fade, disappear as if he never existed, and her partner... well, I'm not sure she's all there, not that she was very sane to begin with.
Directress: That was not how I saw things to be. I suspected - that that, that had been the soul bearers. I thought they wouldn't act until this cycle started, but clearly I was wrong. And now we are both outside fate.
Cheryl: Can't say I disagree with you, I don't exactly like being here.
Cheryl: So what are you doing here? What now?

Directress: Now?
Directress: I'm gonna be honest, I never expected to see Aleena delivered to me like this.
One-Six: Excuse?
Directress: Yes, you don't even remember your wife, do you?
One-Six: What the hell are you talking about?
Directress: I'm talking about Turina here. She's been waiting for you to rescue her all this time.
One-Six: You mean the pulse, the numbers?
Directress: Yes, Aleena.
One-Six: I'm called One-Six.
She laughs.
Directress: Is that your name now, then?
Directress: Turina, I'm sorry old friend. Looks like fate played a terrible joke on you. Fate, or whatever lies outside of it.

Directress: Well, "what now" then.
Directress: Now is the moment you shoot me to learn that you cannot hurt me.
Directress: Information cannot hurt me.

Cheryl aims for her leg and shoots. The bullet is disintegrated as it hits her, and with it there comes a p͓̤͍͟a҉i̭̜ņ̪̲̲̠͓f̬̰̱͇͟ͅu͏͚͖̺̱̫̬̜l̨̼ ҉͍͇̙s̶c̕r̥͖̬͍̩̫͍e͍̹͕͙ec͔̮͚̀h͉̰͉̪͘.̺̪͢

Directress: I believe we've shared enough, don't you think?
Directress: "Now", we end everything.

Cheryl aims a̴҉̪͚̘͝n̨̙͕͈̫͢d̤͔̦̠̗̝̫͡ ͔s̡̛̥̜̹̪h̛̩̬͚̯̭̥̭̫o̤̟̳͚̫̼͇͓o̻̗ṯ̢́s҉͏̪̺͕͚̟̘̦̗̗ ̴̞̻̦̙̙a͔̠͠g̹͉̜̟͜͢a̘̬̹͙̣̩̟͢i͞҉̟̳͕̬̟̭͝n̢̬̳̼̙͉̼̟̲͟. Fasuana, who had been tending to her husband, oblivious to the external events, comes to her, asking what is happening.

Cheryl: Step back. Step back, stay back. Take your husband, leave. We were bait. loving hell, we were just bait.
Fasuana of the Axe: Bait for what? Who's the loving mage?

O̵҉͉̤̣̩̻͎̩̟ǹ̯̯e̶̶͇̖͎̞̫-̵͙͖̲̺Ś̸̩̥̣̠̦͢i͔ͅx̣͈̀͠ ̷̹̖̘͈̙̬̟r̛̭̲̬̳̜e̪̟͈̞̖̕ͅl̴͉̲̻̟͔̭͉͇e͖̬a̶̛͕̗̜͓̝̫͟ͅs̯̟͓̫̪͙̬͟e̵̼̲ș̞̦̪̕͡ ̢̹̺̘̣͓̱͓̀a̛̦̲͕̰̫͟ ̸̛̣̝͓͈̞͜ś͡͏͍̘̤͉̗ͅt̼̤̬͜͡r̮̱̲̦ơ̴̝̙͙̻͇̯n̸͓̰̘̪̩̲͜͟g̴͔͍̱̫̱ ̢͏̗͚͈̯l̙͇͘i̗͚̖̰͚͔̠̜͞g̵͍̝̳̤̻͘h̷҉͚ț̸̥͎͙͙́n͙̖̪í̞̯̼͢n̢̼̳̯͢g̞̦͚ ͓̜̮b͉̟̥͝ơ̫̲̺̥̩̖l̷̥̲̗̺t͓̩́ ҉̲̩͡f̨̩̻͉̗̠̖̬r̘̪ǫ̷̳̞̹̥̬m͔̺ ͏͚̫̠ṭ̴̟̠̯̪͈͞h̜̺e̻͕̪͙͙͘ͅi̵̼̹̮̜r̲͇͔̝̤̯̰̬̕͠ ̧͏̳̣͎̘̹͙͔h̺͢͠a̧̡̹͔̪̬̩̖͎͖n̴̢̧̮̠̠ͅd͏̹̟͔͍̺̲̀s̶̮̳̦̗ ̷̛̞̤͚̠̗t͏̠̖̻̟͎o̡̖̬̲͚̻̕ẁ̛͖͈̳͖̪̞͉͇͟ą̯̯͚̗͙̙̹͜͢r̷̹̮̖̞͞͠d̸̫̖̫̪͈̬̮͠s̺͔̠̘͉̠̺̥͍ ͎͖͉͝h̛̥͕͙̩̮̹͞e̡̠̰̟̭̺̹ͅṛ̫̝͚̘.̸̥͎̳̕ Everyone including the Directress is caught off-guard by the magnitude of their Kali. While the initial blast seems powerful enough to melt the amber behind her, it too fizzles and One-Six immediately looks exhausted, both from the Kali expenditure and from the phantom pain.

Adrenaline: Cheryl, she's, I think she wants to trigger the event.
Cheryl takes you and Fasuana and tries to run the way back. "Don't ask, don't hear. Don't hear anything." she keeps telling Fasuana. "Close your ears."

quote:

I don't need your ears.

You are the soul bearers. I saw them when they were still waking up. I heard them. And they avoided my designs, only to end up here so tainted by the Infohazard.

But in being here you have shown me something beautiful. That at long last we are outside fate. The Gods created Eons and they gave us Kali, and now through me we are finally going to be free from them.

She walks slowly towards you, with a wicked smile. Finally, you try to cast a Fire spell on her, but it fizzles.

quote:

It is a pity, that it is you - whoever it is you are, Adrenaline - Who is here and not Yasha-Mar. She came this close from wrapping everything up. If only she had not run out of time.

She should at least see with her own eyes how everything is gonna end.

This is the culmination of dozens of thousands of years of dumb people trying to use magic to gently caress up the World, and even dumber people trying to use it to unfuck it.

When the Gods in all their hubris gave us the power to change information as we saw fit. To manipulate the fabric of reality with our very will, only to be-

One-Six interrupts her by managing to release a lightning discharge, but besides the surprise, she is unharmed.

Directress: Only to be locked away from it.
Cheryl: What the gently caress are you talking about? Why do you want to trigger the Event?
Directress: To end everything. To end reality in a conclusive way.
Cheryl: But why?
Directress: So there can be no more us.
Directress: No more life. No more pain.
Cheryl: If you want to die so much you can just wait. Death comes to all of us. Even Kalistas.
Directress: Death is a meaningless word to a meaningless state.

Directress: Death as we see is just the fear of not existing as ourselves. Some may believe in reincarnation, some may believe that the Gods plan an afterlife to them, and some believe in nothingness.
Directress: I believe that Death is just the background to Life. There, in that background, there springs life as we are proof of it. Conscious and aware of a life in which we have no real choice. It is, I believe, ironic that the closest thing to choice we have are the whims of strangers on the outside. I hope you enjoyed being the plaything of different Gods.
Cheryl: Trust me, it sucked, considering it led us to being here with you.
Directress: If this is any consolation, I don't even think you were supposed to be alive. You, of all people, are here on borrowed time.
Directress: In death, there is no time, no sensation of the delays that physics bind us to, no anything but the infinitude of possibilities that may give birth to life again.
Cheryl: You're assuming that your view is the correct one. That you know the unknown.
Directress: No, quite the opposite.
Directress: In death, our ignorance and biases toward it plays no role. The truth of what comes after is revealed, and whether you or I are wrong or right about our predictions play no part.
Directress: Hence why I do not seek to play dice with nothingness. Do you see the difference?
Fasuana, looks at her confused, trying to understand what is going on. Vitoria is holding onto her father, nervous. She hasn't spoken a word. Both the Directress and Fasuana exchange looks for a moment, although you cannot understand why.
One-Six: Is that what the Infohazard is? You don't seek the end of all life, but rather a magic that... prevents information itself.
One-Six: Something that once spread, would stop anything in our universe from existing.
Directress: You are right. When the Infohazard was first created, a great many countermeasures were made.
Directress: You see, I'm not trying to trigger the Event. The Event is just another countermeasure. Everything that happens with it - it's just reducing the amount of information in the world.
Vitoria: You're crazy. So you're like what, head of a doomsday cult?
Directress: It makes sense, don't you think? But no.
Directress: I am the fruit of the labors of those who came before me, I suppose. I know not much about those who started it, all I know is that I am the one to finish it.
Vitoria: But how could you know all this without triggering the event yourself?
Directress: I am immune to information. The final Divine blessing bestowed upon this world. You have gotten things wrong.
Directress: I can bestow miracles on behalf of the Gods in my task, and alter reality itself, but I am not a Kalista. I was meant to find the Eon of Information itself, and use it not to destroy the Infohazard, but to destroy the very concept of Magic, the manipulation of Information from beyond the laws of physics. With no more Kali, there would be no more Infohazard. The final workaround, if you will.
Directress: This is the very final point where fate intervenes. This is the very end of the line. The subsequent generations are gonna be ever weaker, and the world will slowly fade and wither and die. Well, this world, at least.
Directress: But all the information you know along with Turina's Kali, once exposed to the world will trigger an Infohazard faster than any counter-measurement can contain, and every word I tell you only strengthens that.

Adrenaline: Who's to say there's not something bigger than yourself, then? Some bigger fish. This is after all only one realm among many others.
Adrenaline: Are the laws of physics discrete or continuous? That seems to be a binary question, like it has to be one or the other, but what if it's neither? Can the laws of physics be described as discrete or continuous if they don't exist in the first place?
Adrenaline: If we are but the dreams of a mad God, or writings in a book, like the book of fate you mentioned, then maybe destroying everything here won't even matter.
Directress: You are right, but there is nothing I can do about it. Maybe we are the dreams of a mad God, and maybe once this dream is over, a new one will begin, and we will play our parts in it.
Directress: But those are unknowns I have no power over. Whatever contains those greater realities is beyond our reach. Maybe Vaulore will know of our tale, and tell the Gods not to make of us their playthings anymore. Or maybe not. I cannot affect that.
Directress: What I can make sure is that at least here there will be no more pain.

She raises her hand, and some Eons glow from inside her body, but you can feel no Kali from her despite a huge amount of magic being emanated. The entire building starts to shake. The surroundings slowly give way to holes and pools leading to the world outside, as if she is turning the very walls into portals. You have this one final thought that the same person who kept the portals open to save you once is now gonna use that same resource to kill you.

You hold tight to the one you love.

Directress: And no more Gods.

[Showdown, Part I] Event #273 Rules
* Custom Commands cannot be used by anyone Fully affected by the Infohazard.
* Basic Commands cannot be used by anyone Fully or Severely affected by the Infohazard.
* Advanced Commands cannot be used by anyone Fully, Severely or Heavily affected by the Infohazard.
* Further Delves, Trainings and Glimpses are disabled.

* Commands may be parsed before this Event is over. Event 273 will be over when the remaining Delves and Glimpses are posted.

Good luck.

Custom Command: As Fasuana of the Axe, kill One-Six.

Inventory, Part I

Elentor fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 13, 2021

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I am so confused. :psyduck:
I really should have paid more attention to what was going on.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

[Switch [Fasuana of the Axe]]
As Fasuana, Kill One-Six

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Command Acknowledged.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The phantom pain starts, only to be suddenly halted by the sound of metal splitting the air apart, then tearing through flesh.

Next to you you see One-Six lying on the ground, their body nearly split in half around the torso.

Vitoria: Mother, no!! No, what, what-
Fasuana of the Axe: I'm sorry, daughter, but the kid has to go.
Vitoria: Bejrin, Bejrin, Bejrin!

You scream as loud as you can in abject horror. Cheryl steps in front of One-Six and aims at Fasuana.

Cheryl: What the gently caress did you do?

Fasuana of the Axe: What I have to do to keep my family safe.
Fasuana of the Axe: The entire world is about to end a few seconds from now. There are higher odds that if we stop it here right now some miracle might happen that will bring the kid back to life, than the odds that we will salvage this mess if we are all dead.

Cheryl: Don't come closer or I'll shoot you.

Fasuana of the Axe: Your gun can't hurt me and even if it can shooting me might be the smartest thing you do.
Fasuana of the Axe: But one way or another if you're gonna point it at someone you should point at the Bejrin's ex-wife.

One-Six: She's right. I... I should have thought of it sooner.
One-Six: Killed the three of you fuckers. And that Turina...
They cough blood, but that seems irrelevant compared to the huge pool of blood surrounding them.
One-Six: Guess it's me then. gently caress, I can't move my legs. I can't... we were all goners anyway.
One-Six: Cheryl. Even if we can't kill her, that would... at least... halt some of that Kali.

The Directress looks at the dying One-Six with incredulity. "This... this is foul. Aleena would never, she wouldn't...". Cheryl hesitates for a moment, then shoots at the woman in the cell. The bullets break the glass, but don't seem to harm her. Much of the Kali spreading around, scattered immediately comes back to form a protective barrier.

With a hard breath, One-Six releases an electric discharge towards her. "Susi!", the Directress screams. She scoffs at disbelief. The discharge dissipates some of the protective Kali. And with that, the young Kalista stops responding.

You scream, shaking them. You try to check for a pulse, but that's useless. Your entire group's body functions have been almost entirely halted since in this place. Like vampires of the myths, you are frozen between life and death.

You can't stop crying. To your surprise, neither can Vitoria.

Cheryl is trembling. Her eyes are teary, but she holds her gun steady at the Kalista in the distance.

Fasuana of the Axe: You said you were glad we delivered Aleena to you.
Fasuana of the Axe: I knew the Bejrin was way more powerful than anyone here. The kid and the girl there are perfect to end the world.
Fasuana of the Axe: But you already know for a fact that she can't do it herself, or you would have triggered with her alone.

Fasuana sits down with a very smug look on her face.

Fasuana of the Axe: I'm guessing part of your miracles do not include healing or resurrections.
Fasuana of the Axe: Do you wanna gamble on us being enough for your plan? Because I think, I think you will just trigger another Event.
Fasuana of the Axe: And if this is the end of fate as you say, then you only have one shot.

Proceed.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 11, 2021

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
Eh gently caress it let's try something crazy, who knows how this works anymore, maybe everyone in the room counts as the party.

Switch [Directress]
(And then in case it works)
As Directress, Stop

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually legit attempt, but sadly, invalid. I like the way you think.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
Alas. I have but one more idea in me. It's probably more crazy.

As Soul, create new command: Hijack

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I appreciate the enthusiasm but you uh, don't have that kind of access. Much like how some of our members can send messages to other characters because that link had been open in-universe, you'd need an in-universe way to hijack someone.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

As the_steve
Check permissions

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Right now you can't do anything. You can do inquiries like that one as you just did, post ideas/suggestions for others to do as a proxy, but you yourself are fully infected and can't do much during this event other than secret commands. Secret Commands are not locked by the infohazard (but you don't have any).

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I know I'm fully affected by the Infohazard, so I can't do anything here.

Do I still have a Delve or two lined up in the queue that could help resolve this Event?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually yes, one of your delves is really interesting.

Caines
Sep 1, 2019
Requesting Switch Jakeline, Kill Directress.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
Heck. I forgot about this one.
[Check Inventory]

It might not be useful but that won't stop me.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Caines posted:

Requesting Switch Jakeline, Kill Directress.

Just to make sure, you're requesting others, right? You're at 0 Energy at the moment.

64bitrobot posted:

Heck. I forgot about this one.
[Check Inventory]

It might not be useful but that won't stop me.

Command Acknowledged.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ok, so I'm going to spitball an idea, and maybe someone smarter than me can work with it.

So, if the Directress can't be hurt by information, which if I'm reading the posts right, looks like that also means she can't be hurt by stuff we know is supposed to hurt (I.E. Bullets won't hurt her because the information of "Bullets kill you" is known), then, what if we could get rid of the information on an Axe and then kill her with the axe?

It's convoluted and dumb, but I came into this game waaaaaay too late, so I'm not sure what we're capable of.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Lux Animus posted:

I know I'm fully affected by the Infohazard, so I can't do anything here.

Do I still have a Delve or two lined up in the queue that could help resolve this Event?

Elentor posted:

Saving my energy for this. Though bear in mind I'm compromised in unknown consequences from getting the file on Sidgar, so putting this out there in case someone wants to save their energy to be my back-up/partner.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Sorry for the double post, but hell, might as well try this:
As One-Six, [Think] "how dead am I, really?"

else:

[To GM]. For those of us who's character was One-Six, who is our character under Character Preference now?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Reclaimer posted:

[Switch [Fasuana of the Axe]]
As Fasuana, Kill One-Six

A̰̺̮̦͈̦̹ͩͨ̅ͤ̏͠s̢̞ͅ ̼̩̹̪͈ͨ̒̎P̻̖̮ͬ͑ͯiͭͥͤ̌ͪ̄҉ṭ̵̺ͬ͊̋ͬ̋ͮ̀ḇ̷̪̼̱͈̩͎̉̏u̦̩͍̻l͉͚̹̭̯̺ͯ̕l̮ͪ̎ͥ͋̃͂ ̤͓͔̙̱͐ͫ͛͛ͣͨ͆f̴͚̩̝͖̈ṫ̙͉̣͉̼̭͔.̡͎͖̦͔̫ͬ͗͋ ̂͂̓ͪ͏̝̯ͅĶ̻ͬ̏̔e̯͎͎̜̔̓ͫ̆͑$̢͍̫̥̈́̾̂͋ͬ̎h̖̥͉͉͐̈́̓a̗̮͈̺͓͂ͤ̒,̫̠̥̼̮̭͐ͯ͂͐ ̳͚͖̻̞͑͆́̏̾͒͌͜ͅṡ̴̞͖͓̞̱͈̤̂̉i̢͂̄ͧ̌n̵͇̟̩͓͚̟ͧͮ͛̑ͬͅg͎̗͙͇͐̊̈́ͩͅ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHUbLv4ThOo

(̢͈̮̝̞̟̩̫̑͂͊ͨͩ̚Ù̮̦̣͕̠̝͆͗̓͛͛̕S̬̯̝̠̞̑ͮ̀̀Ȩ͙̘̼̭̌ͫ͑͌͐R̺͕͓̤̝͓̓ͯ̍̈́̔̓ͩ ̗͎̰͔̯W̻͛́͋̃̽͒A̷͎̜̼̽̎̄ͬ͑̅͐S̼̖̻̞̔̑ ̩ͭP͓Ǘ͛ͦT̶ͫͣ ͚͉͇̭̆͆Ǒ͖̯̺ͥN̓͛́͒̎̚ ͚̗̝͔̪̰̦́͂̿ͣ͜P̲͙͖͛Ř̟̳̠̥͓͚̑̄͂̉̚Ỏ̮̠̠̀B̼̘̮̈̂ͯ̽A̫͇͉͕̰̅̄̿͐͜T̬͗ͨͮ͛ͦͮ̚I̵̘͍̻̹̺͇͛O͆͑̊ͨN̲̻͉͞ ̞͙̩̺̬̘̖̑̋ͧ͗F͕̈́̾͒͟O̲̜̣͕̟͟Ŗ̙͍͍̘̦͈͊̋ ̩͋̋͋́͊͆̅T̞͒̂̾ͤ͂͂H̜̞̬̫͚̻̠͋I͑ͨ͂͐҉S̹͊͐̌̄ͫ̽ ̟̭͓̟̝̩ͭ̐̈̇P̡͗̇O̷̥ͬ̏̾̄S̃͂̓̑T̬̣̅̂̆ͨ̆̀͘)̖̪̫̺̺̬̔ͭ̆̄͊͌͟

Grace Baiting fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 7, 2021

Catalina
May 20, 2008

How do I use the Infohazard to delete someone else's post?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Catalina posted:

Saving my energy for this. Though bear in mind I'm compromised in unknown consequences from getting the file on Sidgar, so putting this out there in case someone wants to save their energy to be my back-up/partner.

Elentor posted:

Which command/delve is is it? I am not infected! I also have access to reveal delves if we have a -really- good juicy shot to find, explore and take. (it scans for secret and hidden delves in a post or nearby)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe I clarified this over PMs but to repeat: * Further Delves, Trainings and Glimpses are disabled.

This is both because right now it sort of doesn't make sense in-universe and also because if we explore every remaining delve the game will never end.

Catalina posted:

How do I use the Infohazard to delete someone else's post?

I can comedy probate Grace Baiting if they don't mind lmao.

Catalina posted:

[To GM]. For those of us who's character was One-Six, who is our character under Character Preference now?

Still One-Six. I'll process your other command later.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

As Gabriela

> Realize Time is a construct
> Become aware that reality is collapsing. Laugh
> Reach across said construct and punch The Directess in the face.
> Flip the double bird psychically before it all ends.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I appreciate your enthusiasm but alas Gabs does not have transcendental super powers.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Elentor posted:

I appreciate your enthusiasm but alas Gabs does not have transcendental super powers.

I choose to believe this means that the command was denied only because Gabriela doesn't have the power to, and not because it's out of character.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Someone should probably drop Turina. It's basically the only chance Cheryl and co. have of leaving this place alive.

Sorry about One-Six; it was them or everyone.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Taps pockets, slowly takes a card out of the back pocket and smiles timidly while looking at it.
Throws it in front of everyone.
Th card falls face up.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Inventory, Part 1:

----------------------------------------------------------
Cheryl:

Aeonic Longrifle
{Wind} {Metal}-{ } {Fire}
*Damage: 25-45 on Physical Mode with Cheryl.
*Damage: 15-20 on Energy Mode with Cheryl.
*Damage: Varies based on the Wearer's Kali, Distance and Eons equipped. Can scale far higher than current values.
*Additionally, Cheryl always critically hits when applicable.
*Costs (4%-7%) Kali to shoot.

This long distance rifle uses Kali to create projectiles and shoot. It has two modes of operation - it can create physical bullets and accelerate them, or shoot projectiles of pure Kali energy.

It has a dynamic acceleration chamber, controlled by the wearer's Kali. The Aeonic Longrifle is nigh unusable by anyone other than Cheryl herself - the once existent chamber for regular bullets has been removed, and the scope functions as little more than a magnifying glass with no precision or markers. Cheryl relies on her Time sense to shoot and modified the rifle to be hard to use by others, in case it fell on enemies' hands.

Due to its properties, the Aeonic Longrifle has a maximum range that Cheryl herself doesn't know, but it can be reliably used against targets at 2,500 meters (~1.5 miles).

Twin Iron Revolvers
*Damage: 32

These two handguns can hold up to six bullets each. They're made of common iron and have no magic properties intentionally. When using them, Cheryl uses her Kali to hold them in place and stabilize the metal.

Cheryl holds with her a mix of spare Iron Black, Tungsten and Lead bullets.

Fasuana of the Axe:

E Ej-Ajrae, The Axe
{Negentropy}-{Metal} {Metal} {Wind} {Gravity}-{Void}
*Damage: 168
*Greatly reduced strength requirement: Any regular human can hold E Ej-Ajrae with ease. When unequipping, Fasuana absorbs the Gravity Eon to remove this property.
*Greatly increased attack speed: Variable based on skill and Kali of the user. Current day Fasuana can perform 6-8 attacks per second.
*Extreme Durability: The Axe has been infused with Kali for millennia and has reached both extreme hardness and extreme durability. It is nigh impossible to shatter E Ej-Ajrae.
*Negentropic: E Ej-Ajrae is immune to weathering and the minor effects of the passage of time. Any object that collides with it, no matter how big, will have its parts used to recover E Ej-Ajrae if possible. The axe is made of a layers of Iron, Iron Black, Bronze, Lead and other time-lost materials from the east to maximize this property.

E Gy rin, Watch of the Vast
{}
This compass-looking contraption reads the flow of Kali from the East Vast, displaying the direction, speed and attempt to predict the flow from miles away.
If existing, the E Gy rin attempts to communicate with other Ilbric devices and use their local information to increase its and others' predictions.

Jevaramangwarda, Wyrmcoat
{Negentropy}
*Armor: 120
*Reduces all Lightning Damage Taken by 65
*Reduces all Fire Damage Taken by 85
*Reduces Fire, Lightning and Cold Damage by 30%

All Lightning and Fire Damage directed at the wearer is absorbed by Jevaramangwarda whether it hits the coat directly or not.
Extreme Durability: Jevaramangwarda is made of the scales of the roaming wyrm Varaman, who deliberately chose to venture into the East Vast for sport. Its material has absorbed Kali for centuries and was exposed to an extremely powerful creature, taken down by Fasuana of the Axe.
Negentropic: Jevaramangwarda is immune to weathering and the minor effects of the passage of time.

Dai-kahrhawa, Boots
{Negentropy} {Water} {Light} {Life}
*Nature and Earth-based Elementals avoid attacking the wearer.
*Nature and Earth-based Animated Entities are converted when touching it.
*Selectively absorbs wet particles around it.
*Selectively reinforces the ground underneath.

These unique boots are enchanted with the living tissue and nectar from a distant relative to the Merian Flowers, mixed with long lost flora brought all the way from the Amazon Forests. They allow the user to walk freely in sandy, wet or rough terrain.

Immunity to rooting effects: Animated tree roots, appendages, and otherwise organic objects being controlled my magic are automatically coerced into stopping any harm when they come close. If they are part of a self-aware entity, then that entity itself is hypnotized or tempted in joining Fasuana, depending on their Kali and willpower.

Mel Aylanir, Precursor Shield
{Negentropy}

*Reduces Projectile Damage Taken by 60 - 160, based on the wearer's Kali.
*Reduces nearby Allies' Projectile Damage Taken by 30 - 100, based on the wearer's Kali.
*Does not work against projectiles dealing less than 4 Damage.
*Nullified projectiles are disintegrated on contact.
*Attackers take damage equal to damage prevented if they activate the Shield with their body.

A gift from the ancient Ayanari, this device creates a shield around the wearer selectively, based on the speed and size of incoming projectiles. This custom device was first created to help the Ilbric nomads to survive the East Vast, then further modified by Fasuana to reinforce the device itself.

Vitoria

Bje'druhg, Iron Hammer
{Negentropy}-{Metal}
*Damage: 42

Although it looks like a regular tool, Vitoria's hammer contains multiple hidden tools and sockets for attachments, which she uses to adjusts her trinkets.
*Negentropic: Bje'druhg is immune to weathering and the minor effects of the passage of time. Any object made of iron or any iron alloy that collides with it, no matter how big, will have its parts used to recover Bje'druhg if possible.

Dynamic Diorama
{Earth}{ }
This small board, once activated, scans the surrounding area and uses Earth Magic to create a replica of the surrounding terrain. The scale and range can be changed, and the Diorama can update in real-time to display the movement of entities up to 300 meters away.

Debris Repellent
{Earth}-{Gravity}-{Reflection}
*Earth and Metallic objects flowing towards an area of 1.5 meters around Vitoria lose 20% to 100% of their speed based on their projectile damage, scaling from 9 to 2 initial damage.
*When active, the Debris Repellent also works against melee attacks if the object is metallic in nature.

This device created by Vitoria blocks smaller debris and renders her mostly immune to sandstorms. It can be turned off at will not to cause interference with other devices.

Personal Shield Generator
{Negentropy}
*Reduces Projectile Damage Taken by 40.
*Does not work against projectiles dealing less than 3 Damage.
*Nullified projectiles are disintegrated on contact.
*Attackers take damage equal to damage prevented if they activate the Shield with their body.

This creation of Vitoria attempts to replicate the technology used in Mel Ayanir by the Ayanari. Although it doesn't achieve the same potency, it is far more conservative with the user's Kali and can be compared in energy efficiency with the shields later used by the Prime Vanguard.

The Compass Tattoo
Embed in Vitoria's skin around the waist and back, this contraption sends electric signals based on the direction and the flow of the East Vast, relative to her. If in danger, the intensity of the signals can wake up Vitoria in time to move.

Proceed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I chose a hell of a time to fall behind. :stare:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

X) Message Guardian

quote:

To the Gardener,

I have found the plant that seeks to end all plants. It was waiting for us, inside the garden shed. A trap.

It intends to open the garden shed, and let loose an infection of mold so great that no possible garden, present or future, will ever survive. I have played right into her hands.

I do not know if it is within you capabilities, but if it is: Destroy the garden shed. Do not open it. Do not listen to the noises inside. Do not look at the wreckage.

This will likely be my last message, so I have a confession to make as well. I lied before. I don’t actually know who you are. I’ve been writing notes and throwing them in the direction of someone I was told would be able to read them.

I will do whatever I can. I’m sorry.

Your regretful friend,
The Preserver of Mushrooms

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Command Acknowledged.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Elentor posted:

Directress: Yasha-Mar was the designated Guardian of this Cycle.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's better she doesn't know I know that.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Delve - Barge Chase: Traitor

As Malu, you raise a sound barrier. No one in your group should have the ability to hear you. You try not to let anyone have your lips in their field of vision.

Malu: If I ask you to yield your visor to me, what am I gonna read in them?
Goa Tania pauses for a moment.
Goa Tania: You will read that my name is Serena, sir.
Malu: And what else will I read?

She takes her helmet off.
Goa Tania: The Kali measurement of each person, their affinity, and other encoded information that might be hard to explain.

Malu: And for whom are you spying?
Goa Tania: I'm not spying for anyone, but I am associated with the First Dome of the Ayanari. This should be obvious. We take Kenvlarian names when working on western grounds, so me having two names should not be surprising.

"She's right", you think, but that still doesn't answer your question.

Malu: Serena, were you the one to erase our memories?
She looks at you puzzled.
Goa Tania: No, sir, I was not.
Malu: Can you take a look at the Unit 4 barge and count how many people are there?
Goa Tania: Five, sir. The Captain, the Senser, the Mender, the Soul Warrior, and the Fire Warrior.
Malu: Right, and when I asked about our chances against them that's what you answered. Can I take a look by myself?

She hesitates, but hands you her Helmet.
Goa Tania: Visor, give full access to Malu.
You put up the Visor, excited to finally see how a Prime Vanguard helmet works.

Malu: Five... I take the number to the right is their Kali measurement?
Goa Tania: That's right.
You turn to your own ship, and then you look at Goa Tania, and for the first time in a long while you feel goosebumps.
Malu: Why is your number just so high?
Goa Tania: I'm very old, sir.
She gestures politely, asking you to give her helmet back. You take it off and give it to her.
Malu: Just who are you, Goa Tania? Serena? And why pretend to be weaker than you are?
Goa Tania: I'm the creator of the Prime Vanguard, Captain. I'm a member of the board of the First Dome. This mission concerns important matters for the Ayanari. However, I too do not know the details, much like you. It's important for things to be compartmentalized, for reasons that, I'm sorry, I cannot explain.
Malu: It's the Infohazard, isn't it? I've been looking into it. I've seen it, with my own eyes.
She doesn't say a word.

Malu: Read my diary. 'Of Note: Black Suit, Six. Memory Kalista. Weak. Stay outside the range. Possible Memory Eraser.'
Goa Tania: But that doesn't make any sense. The auto-pilot is keeping a very safe distance from them. I'm not sensing any Memory Kali. You saw my visor, it shows nothing.
Malu: You were in charge of the autopilot.
Goa Tania: Yes, but check the log. I've only set it to stay further and further away.
Malu: Which means they either had a huge sudden boost in distance, or we have a traitor.
Goa Tania: Captain, there's nothing in your notebook.
Malu: My notebook...
Malu: What were we talking about?

--------------------------------------

Goa Tania: Sidgar.

The Ayanari extends her arm, pointing at Jakeline, and the Eons inside her arm lighten up. You can feel a sudden burst of Kali, as if she's ready to cast something big.
Jakeline: Err, hi? Goa Tania? What's go-going, what... what is going on, Captain?
Jakeline: You're scaring me.
Goa Tania: There's only one Kalista capable of erasing information, not just memories. Sidgar. We stayed outside Sidgar's range this entire time, haven't we?
Goa Tania scratches her arm.
Goa Tania: I'm standing my arm offensively towards you. Captain, do not interrupt, hear me.
Goa Tania: I'm standing my arm offensively towards you. Captain, do not interrupt, hear me out. This woman, she woke up-
Goa Tania looks at her arm and counts the scratches.
Goa Tania: Stop wiping my memories, quit it. One more scratch and I'm killing you.

Malu: What is going on?
Goa Tania: This woman, she woke up years ago, in amber. She was taken to a hospital in a city of the Edge, the city of Paradise. This was thirty years ago.
Goa Tania: We only know her name, Jakeline. But we know what happened to the city-
Malu: "Paradise".
Malu: It... everyone there died. I know... I know this story very well. Way too well.
Goa Tania: She's the patient zero of this... this "cycle". I've been trailing her for years now, trying to figure out what caused that Infohazard.
Goa Tania: You're Sidgar, aren't you? But how... how do you hide your Kali? Why do you look like a Fire Kalista?

Her expression turns from scared to a frown, a look of disappointment.
Jakeline: You know too much, Far Glimpser. Would that I could kill you right here, right now. You may not realize, but you are far greater a danger to the world than me. This mission is more important than you and I.
Goa Tania: Why are the two of you here?
Jakeline: To make sure people like you don't ruin our chances of ending the Infohazard. Now sleep.

Proceed.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Switch Jakeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

malbogio posted:

Switch Jakeline