Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Update: League is here!
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/42007

Even if you're not in it, check up on how your favorite forums is doing.

Draft Order:
Pick 3 in the first draft: Ches_neckbeard
Pick 10 in the first draft: dkj
Pick 8 in the second draft: Amergin
Pick 5 in the third draft: Wismail
Pick 2 in the fourth draft: Play
Pick 9 in the fourth draft: B_Sketchy
Pick 7 in the fifth draft: Zauper
Pick 4 in the sixth draft: Ben Nevis
Pick 12 in the sixth draft: Quarteroys (Cervixalot)
Pick 1 in the seventh draft: Alfalfa
Pick 11 in the seventh draft: Drunk Nerds
Pick 6 in the eighth draft: Major Ryan

pmchem posted:

The Interboard Challenge League (IBL) is a re-draft league, and for the 2012 season will consist of 8 teams with 12 owners each from the following fantasy football forums: The Huddle, Football Guys, FF Today, Dynasty Football Warehouse, Fantasy Guru, Fantasy Café, FF Livewire, Fantasy Sharks.

A 12-hour draft timer will be used throughout each draft and will be turned on 24/7. If an owner fails to make a pick before the 12-hour timer expires, the pick will be skipped, and the next pick in the draft will immediately go on the clock.

Starting lineup requirements are as follows:
PPR
1 QB
1 RB (max=3)
2 WR (max=4)
1 TE (max=3)
2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
1 K
1 D/ST
(9 total starters)

Draft picks may be traded.

I can answer any questions people may have.

We need a few more goons to round out our team. You may be asking yourself, "Am I Good Enough." Yes, you are obviously good enough, although you should probably have used a question mark, there. You are good enough because you are checking a fantasy football messageboard in July.

In so far:
Josh Allen
Blake Bortles
Jordan Wilkins
Kenneth Dixon
Marcus Mariota
Gus Edwards
Mitchell Trubisky
CJ Anderson

Oh, no wait, that's not the list. That's a list of fantasy players who had a higher YPC and more touches than Damien Williams last year.

In So Far:
1) Alfalfa
2) dkj
3) LesBeardly
4) Cervixalot
5) Sataere
6) Ben Nevis
7) Play
8) Amergin
9) B_Sketchy
10) Major Ryan
11) zauper
12) Ches Neckbeard

We want to get this going asap, so please consider joining. This forum is really good at fantasy football and being funny, and I'm excited at this opportunity to show off our community to other fantasy people.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Yes!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
lmao @ the op and first poster combo

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

lmao @ the op and first poster combo

You'd think since I've been living rent-free in your head for over a year, I would've classed the place up a bit. Yet, here we are.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I don't really understand what this is at all but I want to play

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

I don't really understand what this is at all but I want to play

Welcome!

It's easier than it sounds at first. It's basically different forums putting 12 teams across 8 different fantasy leagues to see who is the best. You just slow draft a team as normal, although draft picks can be traded.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Welcome!

It's easier than it sounds at first. It's basically different forums putting 12 teams across 8 different fantasy leagues to see who is the best. You just slow draft a team as normal, although draft picks can be traded.

Yay!

Reading it a bit closer it's starting to make more sense. Like, we'll be the entrants for something awful. How does it determine who wins, total fantasy score by the end for each sub-league, and then you also try to win within your sub-league?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

Yay!

Reading it a bit closer it's starting to make more sense. Like, we'll be the entrants for something awful. How does it determine who wins, total fantasy score by the end for each sub-league, and then you also try to win within your sub-league?

No idea, but later in the week I'll digest it all and explain it.

When you can, get a fantasy sharks account. This goes for everyone on the team

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

My fantasysharks account is so old it had a 5 digit password

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My name is on the list (though I don't think I actually said I would join), but I think I will bow out. I reached my league saturation for the year and I don't need a 5th platform to check daily, since it would be my only MFL league.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Signed up for Fantasy Sharks, I'm there as Ben Nevis. I hope that's not to confusing.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Account made.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Do we all need to get a fantasy sharks account?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Yeah, we need the account and then just let us know your username, so we can get you added to the group.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

User name is dkj

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
I posted this in the general FFB thread but might as well get it in this thread too: I'm on Fantasy Sharks as Amergin.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

I'm under brysclar on fantasysharks

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

On fantasy sharks as alfalfa_wins

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Alright I'm on there, username Play as is the case here. Regarding the question at the top of those forums, I'm pretty certain that I'm chum

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

Alright I'm on there, username Play as is the case here. Regarding the question at the top of those forums, I'm pretty certain that I'm chum

Eh, you're active on a fantasy messageboard in July. That's got to be top 10th percentile.

Plus, I'm doing this mainly to get the word out that SA still exists and has an active fantasy forum

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Zauper reporting for duty, I guess.

PS - what are the scoring settings?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I should've linked the rules and scoring
https://pastebin.com/vWEwg8FA

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

One more for the dream team.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dkj posted:

One more for the dream team.

I'm msg'ing someone who seems interested. I also messaged like 20 TAQ goons today so we'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm sure I'll have someone by tomorrow afternoon

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'll drag down everyones score in this whole thing. Gimmie that slot

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Walter34 posted:

DN - Tell the guys on the fence that they already have 18 trade offers in thei queue when they arrive!

Just waiting on LesBeadly to make a Fantasy Sharks account and get me his forum name there.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

quote:

The Huddle, Football Guys, FF Today, Dynasty Football Warehouse, Fantasy Guru, Fantasy Café, FF Livewire, Fantasy Sharks

which one of those is us??

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Play posted:

which one of those is us??

Dynasty Football Warehouse

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay, :siren:ASAP:siren: We need to do two more things:

- Get me emails so they can set it up on MFl. If I don't hear from you in 24 hours I will see if I can dig up an old goon fish bowl email

- We need to assign teams to leagues

7A - 7th Pick in the first draft - Claimed by Zauper

4B - 4th Pick in the second Draft - Claimed by Ben Nevis
12B - 12 pick in the second draft

1C - First pick in the third draft - Claimed by Alfalfa
9C - Ninth Pick in the third draft

6D - Sixth pick in the fourth draft- Claimed by Major Ryan

3E - 3rd pick in the fifth draft - Claimed by Ches Neckbeard
11E - 11th pick in the fifth draft Claimed by Drunk Nerds

8F - 8th pick in the sixth draft - Claimed by Amergin

5G - 5th Pick in the seventh draft - Claimed by sataere

2H - 2nd pick in the eighth draft -Claimed by Play

10H - 10th pick in the eighth draft - Claimed by B_Sketchy

The rule of thumb seems to be: If you like trading draft picks a lot, choose a later draft.

Just post itt and claim a draft, I'd like to get this all sorted by tomorrow.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 2, 2019

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

David.claiborne07@gmail.com

I claim 1C

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I'd like to claim 3E. I'll have the account made tonight

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I don't really know what any of that means but I assume a higher pick is better? Why are there so many drafts? What's going on? I'm confused and afraid

Anyways, I made a special email just for you because my usual ones are too revealing, I'm at Play.Something.Awful@gmail.com. Without knowing what this really means I guess I'll go for 2H? Is that a good one?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

My username at the mail service provided by google dot com.

I'll take 7A, so I can be lazy on the trading front.

ps - the pastebin you posted doesn't seem to have scoring settings.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

My username at the mail service provided by google dot com.

I'll take 7A, so I can be lazy on the trading front.

ps - the pastebin you posted doesn't seem to have scoring settings.

Just trade them all back into later drafts.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

I don't really know what any of that means but I assume a higher pick is better? Why are there so many drafts? What's going on? I'm confused and afraid

Anyways, I made a special email just for you because my usual ones are too revealing, I'm at Play.Something.Awful@gmail.com. Without knowing what this really means I guess I'll go for 2H? Is that a good one?

Don't stress: This year is more about joining the community and learning the ropes more than winning.

There are 8 different leagues so all us goons aren't all competing against each other, crab bucket style.

All the weird-sounding rules are just the kinks of having teams of owners compete. From your own point-of-view, it will be almost exactly like playing in a normal draft league

What spot do you like to pick? That'll best determine where to put you.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 1, 2019

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm torn. I've wound up drafting a lot so far from the back half, like pick 7 on. So in one sense, that's where I'd be good, but I've also done it a lot.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

I'm torn. I've wound up drafting a lot so far from the back half, like pick 7 on. So in one sense, that's where I'd be good, but I've also done it a lot.

Then I'd go first half. This is less about the competition and more about having fun and being social. We can min/max our skills next year after we feel it out.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Then I'd go first half. This is less about the competition and more about having fun and being social. We can min/max our skills next year after we feel it out.

Sure, I'll go 4b then.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'll take the spots nobody else wants. I'm that confident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Don't stress: This year is more about joining the community and learning the ropes more than winning.

There are 8 different leagues so all us goons aren't all competing against each other, crab bucket style.

All the weird-sounding rules are just the kinks of having teams of owners compete. From your own point-of-view, it will be almost exactly like playing in a normal draft league

What spot do you like to pick? That'll best determine where to put you.

Okay that makes more sense. So we will essentially each be in separate leagues, competing against people from these other forums, and then maybe at the end our total scores are added up to see which forum was the overall winner? That sounds fun and yeah 2H is good