Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I was driving through northern New Mexico about 12 years ago when I heard a cover of "Papito" by Manu Chao on the radio. That it was a cover of this song is all I was able to determine. It was in a completely different style from the original. It was sung by a woman who sounded almost exactly like the character Milla Vodello from Psychonauts.

I've had no luck tracking this down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
When I was a little kid my parents hung in my room, right over my bed, a poster. It was a map of Middle Earth, IIRC, lacquered onto a piece of plywood. It had an illustration of Smaug on it which terrified 4 or 5 year old me. It may have had other characters on it, and the predominant color on it was either white, off white, or some sort of aged paper yellow, but I can't be sure of the exact original color.

This would have been produced no later than 1982 or so, but was probably from the 60s or 70s.

Anyone know where I might find this image?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Teketeketeketeke posted:

1.1970 poster "Map of Middle Earth" by Pauline Baynes

meh.

2.Art by Barbara Remington

My mom had a set of LOTR with this image broken into 3 for the book covers. The creepy little duders DID freak me out mildly as a kid! It's sort of like a map (progression through different areas of ME)

But yeah, this leads us to...
3. Map version of #2 (with same scary dudes):

None of those are it.

It was definitely The Hobbit centered and MAY have been Rankin Bass Hobbit. Smaug was prominently and distinctly featured, but didn't dominate the whole thing.