Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

kolby posted:

does anyone remember that early SA video of 2 kids recording in a bedroom. one is fat and looks like chris farley and says some poo poo like, "I'M STEVE JOHNSON" and the other kid just keeps saying, "AGAIN"

It's not funny but I think about it a lot because I can't remember what name he actually says

found it -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnusoYAgI80
If I ever forget what my sense of humor was like when I was 10, I can just watch this video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

kolby posted:

does anyone remember that early SA video of 2 kids recording in a bedroom. one is fat and looks like chris farley and says some poo poo like, "I'M STEVE JOHNSON" and the other kid just keeps saying, "AGAIN"

It's not funny but I think about it a lot because I can't remember what name he actually says

found it -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnusoYAgI80

I quote this a lot in my head and sometimes outside my head, including always saying that specific cadence of "What a smell"

Ganraam
Feb 26, 2005

Whatever he does represents both a gain and a loss, an arrival and a departure.
I'm trying to track down a B movie I saw on VHS once about 30 years ago. I've been thinking about it off and on over the years and occasionally will do some idle browsing for it. I think we rented the VHS when I was a kid. This was the late 80s or early 90s. I'm not sure when it was filmed but it has to be older than 1995 and I'd guess late 80s.

It took place in medieval times and the antagonist was what seemed to be a very tall big knight. a lot of the scenes were shot in the forest.

I remember one scene where the protagonist was riding his horse down a really really steep hill as fast as he could, and leaning back so far he was almost touching the ground himself due to how steep the hill was. I guess that could be a different movie but I'm pretty sure it was the same one.

There was a love interest and I think maybe there was a scene where her and the protagonist were hiding out from the big knight.

Anyway he ended up defeating the big knight and it turned out that the knight was this wooden power armor piloted by a dwarf. He beat him, opened up the chest, and saw the little guy inside who said or wrote something about how people bullied him so he built the armor.

I recently looked on reddit and found a guy who has been making a concerted search for at least 4 years! he had this to say about it:

quote:

It is a film from the 80s, maybe 70s. (I probably watched it in the 90's.) Seems to be a medieval fantasy.

The protagonist (young human man) is walking through some woods / forest (which is very dense and dark, but green and has some bright beams of light coming through the leaves). Then, in a small clearing, he meets a huge armored knight. He is tall (2m?) and wide. Maybe he was guarding that path or (part of the) forest - or maybe he was sent to kill the protagonist...

They engage in battle (I think the protagonist was a sword). The knight probably wields a huge and heavy weapon (axe or hammer?), but he is slow. He gets defeated (in a weird/dumb way? Maybe by his own mistake, since the protagonist has a kind heart?).

When the character examines the body of the fallen enemy, there is a "door" on his chest, that he opens (or falls off by itself) and there can be seen a small / little man (dwarf? Gnome?) inside, that dies from the battle a few seconds later. Maybe this "pilot" was naked, or wearing primitive underpants... This small chamber looks very hot (with red lights, maybe?), looked dirty and wet / sweaty (steamy, maybe), and had lots of levers, handles, chains and other "industrial" controllers. The knight was actually some kind of mecha / steampunk armor / mechanical suit / metal body / exoskeleton / robot-like creature...

After that, the hero just goes away.

Impressions I think I have:

the film is not a comedy / comic ?
it is fantasy, but can't remember about magic ?
there was a damsel in distress ?
the protagonist was not "naked" / bare chested (he had clothes on), so it is probably not a barbarian character / film ?
the protagonist was not wearing a heavy armor: he seemed agile ?
the scene I described had a "respectful" feeling to it. The "hero" alnost felt pity for the dying man / foe.

Discarded possibilities:
Hawk the Slayer (1980)
Clash of the Titans (1981)
Dragonslayer (1981)
Excalibur (1981)
Time Bandits (1981)
The Beastmaster (1982)
The Dark Crystal (1982)
The Sword and Sorcerer (1982)
Conan the Barbarian (1982)
Krull (1983)
Conan the Destroyer (1984)
The Warrior and the Sorceress (1984)
Ladyhawke (1985)
Legend (1985)
Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome (1985)
Labyrinth (1986)
Lionheart (1987)
Mio in the Land of Faraway (1987)
Willow (1988)
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988)
Erik the Viking (1989)
Basket Case 3 (1991)
Snow White and the Dwarfs' Secret (Snehurka a Sedm Trpasliku / Schneewittchen und das Geheimnis der Zwerge, 1992)
Army of Darkness (1992)
other Terry Gilliam's films

What's more is he drew a short animation of the scene based on his recollection! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA_ejq-rrqM&ab_channel=RicardoCaco It is a fair representation of what I remember too.

I was content to just keep an eye open for it but this guy's been looking for the same movie for a long time, so I feel like I really have to find it now.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I doubt anyone here will have it, but I'll post my white whale anyway: a copy of the episodes of Ken Jennings's 74-game winning streak on Jeopardy!.

It was 2004 so you wouldn't think it's that difficult to find, but it was right on the cusp of widespread DVRs/digital streaming. Had it been just a few years later they'd probably all be on YouTube in lovely 244p from someone's pirated Dish Network stream.

From what I gather, copies exist in the wild, but only in the hands of tape traders, who sit Smaug-like on their basements full of hoarded VHS tapes and will only share a copy if you have something they don't, and who recoil in horror at the thought of digitizing their precious collections and putting them on YouTube for all to see. Otherwise, it seems like everything is locked in Sony Pictures' vault except a few scattered clips on YT, plus a couple episodes they re-broadcast when Jeopardy taping was shut down last year due to COVID.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Cowman posted:

How do I download from the tindeck archive? I'm trying to get this dumbass meme song from an old LP and I found where they had uploaded it to tindeck which went down several years back but webarchive archived it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20181029175544/http://tindeck.com/listen/goui

This might be a silly question, but have you checked it's not anywhere more accessible? https://soundcloud.com/megaboner/rooseveltmd-im-gay has basically the same name and the same duration, for instance.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Porfiriato posted:

I doubt anyone here will have it, but I'll post my white whale anyway: a copy of the episodes of Ken Jennings's 74-game winning streak on Jeopardy!.

It was 2004 so you wouldn't think it's that difficult to find, but it was right on the cusp of widespread DVRs/digital streaming. Had it been just a few years later they'd probably all be on YouTube in lovely 244p from someone's pirated Dish Network stream.

From what I gather, copies exist in the wild, but only in the hands of tape traders, who sit Smaug-like on their basements full of hoarded VHS tapes and will only share a copy if you have something they don't, and who recoil in horror at the thought of digitizing their precious collections and putting them on YouTube for all to see. Otherwise, it seems like everything is locked in Sony Pictures' vault except a few scattered clips on YT, plus a couple episodes they re-broadcast when Jeopardy taping was shut down last year due to COVID.

Some, but not all, of them can be seen on the Internet Archive: https://archive.org/search.php?query=jennings%20jeopardy&and[]=mediatype%3A%22movies%22

If I'm reading these search results correctly, the episodes reaired on Game Show Network at some point, so that means archivists had more than one chance at recording them.

Media hoarders exist for sure, but in recent years I've seen a lot more of the attitude that "there's no point in saving things unless they're available to all," so hopefully you'll see more of the episodes you're looking for come to the surface.

e: the forums software really dislikes that URL, so you'll have to copy-paste it.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

uvar posted:

This might be a silly question, but have you checked it's not anywhere more accessible? https://soundcloud.com/megaboner/rooseveltmd-im-gay has basically the same name and the same duration, for instance.

that's the exact dumbass meme song I was looking for. I searched the title and got nothing so thanks so much for finding this!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Pastry of the Year posted:

Some, but not all, of them can be seen on the Internet Archive: https://archive.org/search.php?query=jennings%20jeopardy&and[]=mediatype%3A%22movies%22

If I'm reading these search results correctly, the episodes reaired on Game Show Network at some point, so that means archivists had more than one chance at recording them.

Media hoarders exist for sure, but in recent years I've seen a lot more of the attitude that "there's no point in saving things unless they're available to all," so hopefully you'll see more of the episodes you're looking for come to the surface.

e: the forums software really dislikes that URL, so you'll have to copy-paste it.

The problem is less sitting on old media these days as it is finding a place to host it. Sony's one of the more aggressive companies on Youtube on copyright claims. That's forced many channels to go unlisted on Youtube (which carries a big risk that the URL becomes public or the videos get on public playlists). There's also the risk that the Internet Archive puts a stop to the Sony evaders uploading there.

There is an underground sharing network for soap opera episodes. For a lot of reasons, there has been no effort to monetize them, but Sony is aggressive, even if the episode aired in 1987.

Halbey
Dec 9, 2009
A DVD or Blu-Ray copy of the 1999 movie Swing. One time I rented it on accident at Hollywood Video because it was behind the Swingers box. It's streaming, but I'd like my own copy.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
This one is weird: in Feb 2007, I was visiting LA and turned on the TV in the hotel. There was a guy saying such weird poo poo in court that I have been trying to find details since. Here are the things I can remember:

1: it was a court case
2: it seemed to be real. Not fake.
3: the guy was acting as his own lawyer, and (it seemed?) trying to defend himself from murder or at least wife beating.
4: details: he was a 40-55 year old American Asian guy, and was talking about the justification: "she knew I was on a diet and she took me to hometown buffet and tempted me with the meats". I had never heard someone say 'meats' before, so that was weird. I think ? he was wearing an ill-fitting suit, he didn't look particularly well-dressed.
5: he didn't seem particularly intelligent, by which I mean he seemed dumb as a rock. His justifications were really bad.

I've googled it and can't find anything at all. I do remember it was hometown buffet because I'd never heard of that restaurant before, I remember 'tempting me with meats', but I don't remember what the tv show was. It seemed to be some judge judy style thing but she doesn't do murder cases. Is it even legal to film murder cases? IDK how this works.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Halbey posted:

A DVD or Blu-Ray copy of the 1999 movie Swing. One time I rented it on accident at Hollywood Video because it was behind the Swingers box. It's streaming, but I'd like my own copy.

Dang, happy b/c thought I'd found a copy (on VHS) but then realized you demanded on DVD/BRD... Ugh...

E: By apology, found this sketchy-rear end poo poo, but no guarantee this is legit whatsoever lmao: https://www.dvdplanetstore.pk/shop/drama/swing-1999/
E2: Purchase a Region 2 DVD from Amazon UK for a mere £9: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Swing-Region-2-Nick-Mead/dp/B000TNFA26

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 27, 2021

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Dang, happy b/c thought I'd found a copy (on VHS) but then realized you demanded on DVD/BRD... Ugh...

E: By apology, found this sketchy-rear end poo poo, but no guarantee this is legit whatsoever lmao: https://www.dvdplanetstore.pk/shop/drama/swing-1999/
E2: Purchase a Region 2 DVD from Amazon UK for a mere £9: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Swing-Region-2-Nick-Mead/dp/B000TNFA26

Just putting it out there that a DVD drive for a PC can have the region changed, but there is a limit on how many times before it becomes permanent. So if a spare is scrounged up, it can be used to not only play the dvd, but used to make a legal backup.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

You can play dvds from all regions through VLC, even if they player is region locked.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pretty sure MakeMKV doesn't care about regions either.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Back in 2003 I snuck into San Diego Comic-Con and got into the Sony presentation where they unveiled the first clip of Spider-Man 2 and a trailer for Hellboy.

I managed to find this hilariously over edited video about the Spider-Man 2 portion:
https://youtu.be/vF7BLfMT13s
(worth watching just for the nerds circa 2003 being interviewed about seeing the clip)

I can't find anything about the Hellboy portion and I would really get a kick out of seeing it. I now love Hellboy but at that time I knew nothing about it, hated the trailer they showed, and I was baffled by the Q&A where nerds asked Mike Mignola things like, "Will there be pancakes in the movie?", and he replied, "We know what the fans want, there's lots of pancakes and kitties."

There is this from the year before with Guillermo Del Toro, and it's definitely not the right one mislabeled (Del Toro didn't come in 2004):
https://youtu.be/Fdi7to8EJ2o

I would also be interested in seeing the full version of the Spider-Man 2 portion, all I can find is a bunch of different copies of the short heavily edited one I linked above.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

FishMist posted:

"Iverson's Pits" by Dan Simmons, it's in a compilation called Dark Visions
Thank you, that's absolutely it! I'd been looking in YA poo poo (well, i don't think YA was a category yet back then, but) because I was so young when I read it that I assumed it had to've been a kid's book from the school library, but my mom collects hardcover print copies of everything Stephen King puts out so we probably had that compilation for the sake of the King stories and I read it from her shelf.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
Speaking of books, I read a children's or YA book in the early 2000s that I think was about exploring a huge weird magical castle. In one part, the characters come across an angel (?) who constantly cries. One of the characters is really blase about it, like "oh yeah that's so-and-so, he's always doing that" kind of thing.

I wish I could remember the name of it. I want confirmation I didn't dream it. It's impossible to search though.

InediblePenguin posted:

Thank you, that's absolutely it! I'd been looking in YA poo poo (well, i don't think YA was a category yet back then, but) because I was so young when I read it that I assumed it had to've been a kid's book from the school library, but my mom collects hardcover print copies of everything Stephen King puts out so we probably had that compilation for the sake of the King stories and I read it from her shelf.

YA existed in the early 90s, though it seemed to be a lot more focused on adolescent problems (I read sooo many books back then about what I can only describe as "tragic teen pregnancy"). Now a lot of it is paranormal for some reason.

I looked it up just now and apparently The Outsiders is considered the first real YA book, from 1967! I had no idea.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Telemaze posted:

Speaking of books, I read a children's or YA book in the early 2000s that I think was about exploring a huge weird magical castle. In one part, the characters come across an angel (?) who constantly cries. One of the characters is really blase about it, like "oh yeah that's so-and-so, he's always doing that" kind of thing.

I wish I could remember the name of it. I want confirmation I didn't dream it. It's impossible to search though.

These may help, if you didn't make the rounds of tvtropes yet:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TheEeyore/Literature
There's a bunch of 2000s fantasy stuff linked there as examples;
Maybe take a quick glance through and see if anything rings a bell?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Wangst
Could be useful, too - there's a lot more tropes related to whiny/emo characters linked here that address various aspects/categories of super-sad characters.

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 27, 2021

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Telemaze posted:

I imagine you'd remember if it was Harry Potter but it sounds a lot like Harry Potter.

It's the right time period, features kids exploring a huge weird magical castle, and there's a crying ghost in the bathroom that people don't really care that much about.

That probably makes it much more difficult to find since most searches would just bring up Harry Potter stuff.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I want to hear a song again that was the soundtrack to a psychedelic mushroom growing DVD that was ripped and posted to the :filez: community torrent sites. The video was a simple instructional filmed in a guys kitchen that went over the method of preparing a storage tub to grow mushrooms. He frequently referred to “rock coir” as a growing medium.

The song in question was two strummed acoustic guitar cascading over each other. Sounded lovely.

The other song on the disc is the worst tuneless Guitar plucking I’ve ever heard in my life, if that helps narrow it down from anyone’s library of early 2000s shroom grows dvds

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ganraam posted:

I'm trying to track down a B movie I saw on VHS once about 30 years ago. I've been thinking about it off and on over the years and occasionally will do some idle browsing for it. I think we rented the VHS when I was a kid. This was the late 80s or early 90s. I'm not sure when it was filmed but it has to be older than 1995 and I'd guess late 80s.

It took place in medieval times and the antagonist was what seemed to be a very tall big knight. a lot of the scenes were shot in the forest.

I remember one scene where the protagonist was riding his horse down a really really steep hill as fast as he could, and leaning back so far he was almost touching the ground himself due to how steep the hill was. I guess that could be a different movie but I'm pretty sure it was the same one.

There was a love interest and I think maybe there was a scene where her and the protagonist were hiding out from the big knight.

Anyway he ended up defeating the big knight and it turned out that the knight was this wooden power armor piloted by a dwarf. He beat him, opened up the chest, and saw the little guy inside who said or wrote something about how people bullied him so he built the armor.

CD came up with a few possibilities:

westborn posted:

More like something else to discard because it's pretty obviously not it (as I see no real similarities otherwise), but I just stumbled upon a "medieval" episode from The Wild Wild West that features a tall knight suit being operated by a little person (not a fantasy dwarf). The actual title of the episode is apparently "The Night of the Green Terror", not what the YouTube video says.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Hearts and Armour?

imdb posted:

Bradamante, a woman wearing an invincible suit of armor, is travelling the countryside at the time of the Crusades. After ending up in the middle of a web of romantic and cultural tangles, she finds herself in love with a Moor prince, while one of the Christian knights has fallen in love with a Moor princess. Others, however, are against the cross-cultural romance, and Bradamante's love is soon forced into a duel to the death. Will she ever be with her true love?
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0086074/

The_Doctor posted:

Oh hey, the full film is on Youtube.

Edit: a VERY similar looking scene happens at the 48:00 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhLNA6c9dj0&t=2889s

Ganraam
Feb 26, 2005

Whatever he does represents both a gain and a loss, an arrival and a departure.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

CD came up with a few possibilities:

Unfortunately it isn't either of those. thanks though! I am now posting in that thread.

I also made a post on film find and someone suggested Star Knight but it wasn't that either. Although Star Knight and Hearts and Armour look AWESOME.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I suddenly remembered a white whale I had for years that might actually be workable

My friends and I once worked ourselves into convulsions imagining an alarm clock that was a voice clip of Vince McMahon yelling "get up! Get up, you son of a bitch, get up!" and we were SO SURE we could find clips of him saying those things, but all our efforts came close but never quite there.

It is not hard to find him saying "you son of a bitch," but we never could find him saying "get up" which, well, was kind of crucial to the entire thing.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Dr. Quarex posted:

I suddenly remembered a white whale I had for years that might actually be workable

My friends and I once worked ourselves into convulsions imagining an alarm clock that was a voice clip of Vince McMahon yelling "get up! Get up, you son of a bitch, get up!" and we were SO SURE we could find clips of him saying those things, but all our efforts came close but never quite there.

It is not hard to find him saying "you son of a bitch," but we never could find him saying "get up" which, well, was kind of crucial to the entire thing.

Are you sure it’s not an Arnold Schwartzenegger clock? I had a lot of fun listening to prank calls using the Arnold soundboard and I know both quotes were on there.

Just spitballin’😎

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DerekSmartymans posted:

Are you sure it’s not an Arnold Schwartzenegger clock? I had a lot of fun listening to prank calls using the Arnold soundboard and I know both quotes were on there.

Just spitballin’😎

They're not talking about an actual alarm, they're looking for a sound clip they could use to make the alarm they imagined.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Tip posted:

They're not talking about an actual alarm, they're looking for a sound clip they could use to make the alarm they imagined.
This is true, but also I am laughing out loud imagining this alarm clock now including a potential huge range of celebrity voices delivering the same aggressive command to wake up, so I am glad for the misunderstanding there

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Misunderstood the total point, mea culpa! I used to use a Win98 alarm program to wake me up at max volume. The website on Geocities that cataloged and collected Flash soundboards could “hold” hundreds of them if you paid the dude $5 to send you the full set. Everything from Arnold to Darth Vader to Martha Stuart would scream insanities at you randomly, but the very first shout every single day was Sean Connery.
“You’re the man now, dog!”

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

shadow puppet of a posted:

Sadly no, none of the Christopher Mason books are it. Though the title for "Practical Alchemist" sounds exactly like what I'm looking for, sadly it is not it either.

oh poo poo, but you did lead me to it via Goodreads puzzle books list. Its "The Tasks of Tantalon"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2571171-the-tasks-of-tantalon

Thanks!

Next I'll buy a copy and post that god drat find a ring puzzle.

I just want to let you know you just slew my own white whale because I've been looking for "The Ten Doors of Doom" for years without knowing what it was called and only a vague idea of what it was about, and I found it via your link. THANK YOU.

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe
There was this web comedian guy who had a skit where he was Sylvester Stallone doing some adult baby thing and this woman was brought in by his people to play to this fetish of his.

He's crawling around saying "I'm a baby" and the woman isn't quite sure what she's supposed to be doing. At one point she tries to make it sexier by offering him some of her breast milk but he declines, saying "No Mom, you know I only like formula!"

Haven't been able to find it since about maybe 10 years ago when I first saw it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dr. Quarex posted:

This is true, but also I am laughing out loud imagining this alarm clock now including a potential huge range of celebrity voices delivering the same aggressive command to wake up, so I am glad for the misunderstanding there

My friend, have I got a solution for you.

https://www.cameo.com/

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
That goddamn gif or mp4 where this chick is doing yoga and then a puppy comes in and you think something is gonna happen there, but then they both run off and then a huge pig or boar just shows up.

I originally saw it on this board but I don't remember what thread or whatever it was in.

Thanks in advance will WUL most helpful

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
When I was a little kid my parents hung in my room, right over my bed, a poster. It was a map of Middle Earth, IIRC, lacquered onto a piece of plywood. It had an illustration of Smaug on it which terrified 4 or 5 year old me. It may have had other characters on it, and the predominant color on it was either white, off white, or some sort of aged paper yellow, but I can't be sure of the exact original color.

This would have been produced no later than 1982 or so, but was probably from the 60s or 70s.

Anyone know where I might find this image?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

MachineryNoise posted:

I'm trying to find a song that was a very minor meme maybe a couple years ago. It was a very sexual English song from a gay German solo artist in the 80s (maybe early 90s). People would joke that it was the origin of Rammstein, but it sounded more like something Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft would have made.

Gunter's Ding Dong Song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPrnduGtgmc
Tomboy's "OK to be Gay"? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J10WRzLdO4

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

holtemon posted:

That goddamn gif or mp4 where this chick is doing yoga and then a puppy comes in and you think something is gonna happen there, but then they both run off and then a huge pig or boar just shows up.

I originally saw it on this board but I don't remember what thread or whatever it was in.

Thanks in advance will WUL most helpful

https://reddit.com/r/Unexpected/comments/mcq5q8/when_i_came_to_yoga_for_the_first_time/

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
There is a scene from a movie where it's an adult man and his elderly father and the father chides him about how difficult it was to raise the man, and the man responds with an outburst of "I WAS A CHILD" along with some other stuff about kids being expected to gently caress up and parents being there to guide them or something. I can't remember what movie this is and the search terms I can think of for it don't work.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

People talking about beezbo reminded me of something.

maybe it's somebody's white whale and they don't even know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAKnm9IQeEY

ben shapino fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 6, 2021

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

signalnoise posted:

There is a scene from a movie where it's an adult man and his elderly father and the father chides him about how difficult it was to raise the man, and the man responds with an outburst of "I WAS A CHILD" along with some other stuff about kids being expected to gently caress up and parents being there to guide them or something. I can't remember what movie this is and the search terms I can think of for it don't work.

Was it in the context of a vampires vs mercenaries and robots fight set atop an evil Los Angeles law firm?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Was it in the context of a vampires vs mercenaries and robots fight set atop an evil Los Angeles law firm?

I don't know, honestly. I feel like it'd be something more serious than that though, with the dad being a character similar to Jack Nicholson's character in As Good As It Gets. Also though, I don't know what movie you're talking about. It sounds pretty rad

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

:drat: that’s my brand new white whale! I gotta see that, post haste!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

VideoTapir posted:

When I was a little kid my parents hung in my room, right over my bed, a poster. It was a map of Middle Earth, IIRC, lacquered onto a piece of plywood. It had an illustration of Smaug on it which terrified 4 or 5 year old me. It may have had other characters on it, and the predominant color on it was either white, off white, or some sort of aged paper yellow, but I can't be sure of the exact original color.

This would have been produced no later than 1982 or so, but was probably from the 60s or 70s.

Anyone know where I might find this image?

1.1970 poster "Map of Middle Earth" by Pauline Baynes

meh.

2.Art by Barbara Remington

My mom had a set of LOTR with this image broken into 3 for the book covers. The creepy little duders DID freak me out mildly as a kid! It's sort of like a map (progression through different areas of ME)

But yeah, this leads us to...
3. Map version of #2 (with same scary dudes):

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 6, 2021