Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1159227535592439809/photo/1

Kind of annoying that I have to like the Dolphins now.... At least several Dolphin players.

Are those...Vans cleats?

edit: Apparently they are. Pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/kstills/status/910523592370245632?s=21

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I follow Omar on Twitter because sometimes I enjoy reading super negative perspectives on how the Dolphins are gonna be mediocre until the end of time. Then every day I think about unfollowing him because of his endless stories about how all the girls at the club want him and his boys, his weird devotion to Ritchie Incognito, and how he can retweet both pro-Trump and anti-Trump rhetoric in the same day because above all else he just want to be a contrarian.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Who's the guy who posts the rules about tweeting at him at the beginning of training camp, Omar or Armando?

Omar

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

tarbrush posted:

One coach! I just want to not hate one goddamn coach

He didn't even make it to the first game before driving a wedge in the team. :negative:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It's funny watching the beat writers who applauded the idea of the Dolphins rebuilding constantly freak out every time a player gets cut and start claiming no one will ever want to play for Miami again because they're untrustworthy.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think for the most part the Dolphins have some of the dumbest and laziest beat-writers around, and the coaching staff has kind of killed off whatever inside contacts they had so they're kind of adrift and this is the path of least resistance.

I'm sure they just figure that as long as they disagree with every move Miami makes, they'll be right most of the time. Which I can't really blame them for, but it's hard to respect guys who don't go out on a limb.

I would have liked to have kept Tunsil though. For a team that's had O line issues forever, it's hard to let go of someone with upside.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
e.f..b

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So it is possible for me to hate them more.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

fsif posted:

This is a somber time for all AFC Easters. It’s time to leave petty grudges at the door and say “gently caress the Patriots.”

Yeah we gotta set aside our historical differences and come together like street gangs do in prison.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Ehud posted:

I love being the new Browns. I haven't felt this free from my emotional attachment to the Dolphins in many years

It's pretty great. This is the first time in forever that I watched the annual Baltimore embarrassment game without getting a knot in my stomach like I'm viewing the ending to Requiem for a Dream.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Oh Omar :allears:

https://twitter.com/cjhoytabc27/status/1171835673671864320?s=21

He, or at least the Sun Sentinel PR people, did end up apologizing

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/1171876275671228422?s=21

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I woke up one morning and was so fatigued that I passed out for two hours after summoning enough energy to pick up the phone and call in sick. Later it took everything I had just to go to the kitchen and get water. The whole thing was scary and weird. Next day, felt fine, like nothing happened. I always wondered what that was about. Maybe it was mono?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

mcmagic posted:

I actually find Gase pretty likable in his media availability. He doesn't bullshit. The decision making and product on the field has been another story though.

People like Donald Trump because he “tells it like it is” but those people are idiots and Trump and Gase are still crazy egotistical fuckups.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That final play in Miami was basically the scene in Trainspotting where Spud has a job interview.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Hope Miami picks him up.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
For a second I really thought Miami was gonna dominate this game. Good thing they haven’t.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

torgeaux posted:

Why would you think that?

A lifetime of watching the Dolphins do the wrong thing.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
At least you’re finding out how bad Gase is right away instead of two or three years of fool’s gold.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If the Dolphins gently caress up the tank they better go ham on an o-line.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Amy Pole Her posted:

I fully believe Gases dipshit view of OL falls under the Gase putting his QBs in losing situations

He just doesn’t seem to respect the position

I just don’t understand how you can make it anywhere in the NFL, especially HC, not respecting that position.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
All this just so we can get four wins like we always do.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Given the pieces he has and what he’s done with them, is it still too early to think if Flores is a decent HC?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Having a hard time dealing with Ryan Tannehill living his best life out there. Good for him, but drat.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I love the annual Miami victory against New England because it’s the only time I can wear gear in public and people are congratulatory instead of saying “Dolphins? Really?”

Note: I live in Nevada.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Can’t I ever just look forward to a Dolphins offseason without there being some weird coaching poo poo I have to worry about?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If I already picked up a season ending injury, I would snatch up that #5 draft pick money so fast instead of going back to Alabama. But I suppose a case could be made that your ability to make money post-football if you’re a bust in the NFL is much higher if you’re a Heisman winner with a national championship. Plus, I’m not known for sound financial planning so it’s a good thing I’m not Tua’s manager.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Brain Curry posted:

His whole mic’d up was good

https://youtu.be/EJRPEacjTlI

“I got his leg!” :3:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Professor Funk posted:

Bills blowing a 16-0 lead to end their season? Sounds like destiny to me

I’d believe it if it wasn’t Houston.

edit: lol, I may have spoken too soon.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 5, 2020

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
And so passes Tom Brady, last of his name.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
People can laugh and children can play on the streets again.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Print the shirts.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Amy Pole Her posted:

They love him. Loooovvveeeeeee him

They’re a very stupid group (politically active Cubans who live in south Florida). My brother in law most of all. You can guess what every argument turns into... “Castro Castro Castro” without understanding any of the intricacies

The Cuban side of my family all moved to Houston and became people who say poo poo like "Trump brings people together."

We don't talk much.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Tank for Tua status: Accomplished

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Ehud posted:

Tua has the #1 and #3 best selling jerseys on nflshop.com

we’re going to the super bowl

Buying someone’s jersey before they’ve even started playing is a level a optimism I’ll learn understand or reach.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Flying around might actually make a trampoline less dangerous.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I'm happy that Tannehill gets to laugh all the way to the bank.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

drat shame what happened to Cam after that space alien attached itself to his brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Professor Funk posted:

Overreactions to meaningless training camp snaps is one of the best parts of training camp imho

Seriously yeah. It’s like going to the movies and giving whoever you’re with the ol “hey that one looks pretty good!” look during the previews.