Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Anyone who doesn't read the AFCN thread is an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

HereticMIND posted:

I'm so sorry, Browns fans. You're out of the playoff hunt. You now have to watch the Ravens and Steelers play for another few weeks. If I actually was sorry, I wouldn't be giggling with glee. Oh, how sweet karma does taste indeed.

Karma for what? What have the Browns done to wrong you?

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

i hear browns opponents do this too but with the score of the browns game

a simple but spectacular post

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
man facepalming (medium dark skin tone)

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

does anyone know the birdsong that sounds like this: buh guh guh guh goo goo goo goo goo. it's fast yet slow

That's probably about what Austin Collie sounded like when he tried to speak by the end of his career, maybe you heard that and mistook it for a bird? Just trying to be helpful here.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
On Discord you could livestream your birding sessions :smugbird:

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Told you. Lamar thinks like I do.

*thought

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Imagine being one of those suckers that doesn't read the AFCN thread

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
His white balance is just hosed up in those shots even though he says that's not it. Probably had it on auto and it got confused by something.

Edit: basically the same thing that happens with all those "what color is this dress!" photos

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Crows and ravens can look blue in certain light. I've seen it with the naked eye. I think it has to do with the oils they preen with?

Yeah and I'm sure that contributes some, but look how cool the light looks on the bird, and he says the pictures were taken at sunset. The photo is WAY too cool.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Sure, things can do all kinds of funky color reflection in different light, but photos are easy to mess up too.

Like the photo someone posted above:

The wings are flashing a little blue for whatever reason, maybe that's just what color they are in bright light, or maybe they're reflecting the sky, whatever, but see how the light on its head and body still looks very natural, warm, and whiteish-yellow?

Compare that to one of that guy's photos:

See how it looks like someone just put a blue scrim over the entire image? It's even more obvious on the closeup of the head someone posted above. The highlights are blue, the shadows are blue, the beak is blue, the eyes are blue, everything is blue. It's made more confusing because there really isn't anything in the background to give color reference, and the crumbs on the beak are relatively unaffected since they are mostly neutral colored, though even on those if you zoom in you can see blue creeping in on areas that had more color. It's a dead giveaway the color is messed up.

Here is a 5-second white balance adjustment of the same photo. It's not perfect, but you get the idea:

See how much more natural the light looks?

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Well, I tried.

Anyway, gently caress the Steelers

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
oh no that really is his name

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Time posted:

Left to right
Metapod, Eifert, Diesel, oberst, me, popdog, d-link, cavauro

would, would, would, would, would, would, would, would

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

chamois posted:

where are people getting that kodak black was a diddler? are you aware that there is more than one rapper?

Well I'm going to guess it's from the multiple times he was arrested for false imprisonment of a minor and sexual assault. It never stuck, so maybe there was nothing there, but when someone just keeps getting arrested for the same thing you sort of start to wonder.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Tandon Doss was really good on some Indiana teams that absolutely sucked and it makes me sad that he wasn't good in the pros.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

They had to google 'yellow throated bird' because they don't watch much football

A good post

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I knew it sounded familiar. Some motherfucker in my neighborhood has peacocks.

lol I was just about to post with some peacock sounds to see if it was what you heard. A farm near me keeps a big flock of them also. For some reason that sound gets used in movies a lot also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Cavaurowns