Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Official AFC North Discord: https://discord.gg/s49B3ha

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Please let this be the one thread in this goddamn subforum safe from Play's posting.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Get out of here Play

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

If only literally any Browns fan was also self-aware

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Blitz7x posted:

When does Juju get traded to Las Vegas for a third

The day you show up on time for work

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Dang I don't think this guy likes the Steelers!!!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

The Bengals are trash even in preseason. Incredible consistency

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

It is 6:25 A.M. Sunday September 8th 2019. Today is the day I tell my grandchildren where I was, and what I was doing when the unstoppable 100 year long Browns Dynasty started. Sorry Titans.

lol

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Get out of here Play!!!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Play posted:

id wondered how many post in a row it would take to bring BT out of the shadows. three is the answer

One post for every point the Steelers have this season.

Now get out of here Play!!!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

It is 6:25 A.M. Sunday September 8th 2019. Today is the day I tell my grandchildren where I was, and what I was doing when the unstoppable 100 year long Browns Dynasty started. Sorry Titans.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

https://twitter.com/LamarHeisman/status/1181405297253978112?s=20

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Get out of here Play!!!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Great day for the AFC North. Saved the forums from an entire day of Plays awful posting for a full 24 hours, and the only teams that matter in the division won games.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

These posts are bad

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Doctor Butts posted:

Last night when we took our kid trick or treating I had to stop for a minute and check something out on my phone, so I fell behind.

To catch up, I ran across the street to meet them.

My wife got all pissed off and said “You shouldn't be running across the street like that in dark clothes at night, you might get hurt!”

I told her "Relax, this is Baker Mayfield's neighborhood. We all know he can't hit anyone wearing a Browns jersey."

It's not often I hope something is STDH.txt

but here we are

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Kawalimus posted:

you dont rush me on a bird morning like that.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm like the lone Steelers poster itt, so I'm not sure wtf you're on, but there is a post history button you can use to make sure you don't say dumb poo poo

Happy veterans day bud. You're not the only Steelers fan in this thread. Maybe someone can put you on their shoulders

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Cavauro posted:

get out of here play

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Cavauro posted:

get out of here play

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Get out of here play!!!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Lamar yeet yeet YEET!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Despera posted:

That take is quackers

Wheres the guy who called the next 100 year long browns dynasty?

You quoted him

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Skipjacks is definitley more offensive than Redskins

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

The Football Funhouse › The AFC North: hooting and hollering like idiots

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

I got nothing to say but Eat poo poo, Cleveland

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Please stop this line of posting

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

The Cleveland Browns and coach Freddie Flikken have been eliminated from playoff contention.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Ghost Dog posted:

im the wrong loving manager to try that winning poo poo on

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

hHahahHahahahahaHAHAHAHAHhHahahHahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaAhahahahahHahahHahahahahaHhHahahHahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaAHAHAHAHAhahahahHahahHahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahHahahHahahahahaHhHahahHahahahHahahHahahahhHahahHahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaahaHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHhHahahHahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaAhahahahaAHAHAHAHAhahahahahHahahHahahahahaHAhHahahHahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaHAHAHAHAhahahaha