Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Colby is this image personified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Then who is Mike Perry

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shadow225 posted:

Then who is Mike Perry

Mike Perry is incapable of pretending in any facet of his existence, that's why he's so awesome.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm pretty sure Mike Perry isn't capable of anything but total sincerity. For good or bad.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Covington is a growing up during the George W Bush years internet edgy right winger who probably voted for Ron Paul back in the day that saw Chael Sonnen once and thought I can do that too and instead of learning Chael has charm, is genuinely funny, and everything he says is a routine prepared before he even says it Colby just says the first thing that pops into his head to offend people because when he saw Chael he was like hell yeah look at this guy taking it to the immigrants and the Jews and the Mexicans and the Brazilians finally were allowed to speak our mind. And his mind is horrifying and cruel and from violence.

Contrast with

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6oyft

Refuge in Audacity vs Being a Prick

Colby is closer to Jones really.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The other important thing is that just because people talk about what kind of shithead he is doesn't mean they give a poo poo about watching him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

TheKingslayer posted:

The other important thing is that just because people talk about what kind of shithead he is doesn't mean they give a poo poo about watching him.

Probably because unlike Chael this isn't the Obama years and instead he's part of the power in charge so its punching down authoritarianism.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shadow225 posted:

Then who is Mike Perry

The first pane of the comic.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lid posted:

Probably because unlike Chael this isn't the Obama years and instead he's part of the power in charge so its punching down authoritarianism.

Punching down is important for mma. Hth

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Racist oval office is a poo poo gimmick to get publicity and like all racist cunts, Covington needs annihilating. MAGA bellend.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

BlindSite posted:

Punching down is important for mma. Hth

Luckily for his opponents Colby can't do that either.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Racist oval office is a poo poo gimmick to get publicity and like all racist cunts, Covington needs annihilating. MAGA bellend.

Can't wait to see him get wrecked.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

willie_dee posted:

Can't wait to see him get wrecked.

This is his entire business model & it works- same with JJ

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

beep by grandpa posted:

"It is with heavy heart that I do this," Jon Jones said as he shoved the neck end of a Cristal bottle up a cocktail waitress' butthole in The Spearmint Rhino's champaign rule. "I take no joy in this, but as part of my carefully researched and thought out media persona I have determined this is the only way I can ensure my next fight receives upwards of 575,000 views. I hope you understand, I am doing this for my family." A tear rolled down his cheek.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't pay for ufc events, I'll be watching him get wrecked for free.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

willie_dee posted:

I don't pay for ufc events, I'll be watching him get wrecked for free.

*jeff monson barrels into the room*

"YOU LIKE WATCHING PEOPLE GET hosed FOR FREE?"

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

*jeff monson barrels into the room*

"YOU LIKE WATCHING PEOPLE GET hosed FOR FREE?"

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDFmYiK-5QI

Nate is still scheduled to fight this month huh, I forgot.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Ben Askren vs Demian Maia is gonna be the main event of UFC Singapore. I'm sad because I don't want either of them to lose and I will be on that side of the world and unable to attend.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

JaySB posted:

Ben Askren vs Demian Maia is gonna be the main event of UFC Singapore. I'm sad because I don't want either of them to lose and I will be on that side of the world and unable to attend.

That fight is gonna be dope and we will finally get to see K1 Maia knock someone out.

Based upon MMAth, Maia is a better striker than Robbie Lawler considering their most recent common opponent.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Brut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDFmYiK-5QI

Nate is still scheduled to fight this month huh, I forgot.

this fight was so sick. and the 2nd one was even better

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Does it? The reaction to him, despite him visiting the white house and managing to get the president's kids to sit through his fights, is still indifference.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

With each day that passes it gets weirder seeing Conor actually fighting now that he's long since retired and living on cocaine mountain

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

Does it? The reaction to him, despite him visiting the white house and managing to get the president's kids to sit through his fights, is still indifference.

I think it all depends on whether or not he can actually beat Usman.

This isn't just UFC but here's a lovely interview of Action Bronson about his love for MMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-IODi51-8Y

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

JaySB posted:

Demian is going to win

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

spb posted:

Demian is going to win

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Walker vs Anderson for UFC 244

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1158429992126164993?s=19

I hope no amount of beasting and or overtime occurs in this fight

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

My friend is fighting on the Contender Series tonight:

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1158800151697395712?s=20

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

sorry, i only have room in my heart for one combat sports competitor named tombstone, and its the battle bot

good luck to your friend though. does he require any kind of animal medications?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JaySB posted:

My friend is fighting on the Contender Series tonight:

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1158800151697395712?s=20

you goin?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Tell your friend he's one of Spider-Man's shittiest villains

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Walker vs Anderson for UFC 244

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1158429992126164993?s=19

I hope no amount of beasting and or overtime occurs in this fight

In Anderson’s case, to Beast is to lay on top of people, right? I can’t remember anything about his fights other than the vague impression that they’re very boring.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Tell your friend that microwave baby oil is a tried and true method of victory

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Yes

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Good luck to your pal. I'm hooked on contender series in spite of myself. There's just something about the constant stream of people claiming they're doing it for their baby or dead relative that entertains me.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Darrick Minner is a Vegas guy too. He's fighting Gilbert Burns' brother and is a MASSIVE underdog...

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Guess it’s not open to the public despite the news article saying that it would be and I can’t get a hold of my friend.

Edit: the UFC was kind enough to get me a ticket.

JaySB fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 7, 2019

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's dope. Enjoy and snag a few pics if you can/are willing to post them. That new facility looks great.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
geez your friend is a strong boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
welp