Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If you had cash shop stuff then surely it must have been attached to an account somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ghostlight posted:

If you had cash shop stuff then surely it must have been attached to an account somewhere?

NGU does online saves Kong, 4G should just need the Kong account name. A year ago I think is before steam, but if it was steam version it should be on the steam cloud.

e: wait Kong is still up, you should be able to login and download your Kong save if you know your password.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Nothing on Kong.

I played on Kong originally, then moved to kartridge, played on kartridge for awhile, had to reformat my computer and lost my kartridge save. My kongregate save at that time was 120 days old (made a post about it in this thread), but as you can see now kongregate has nothing at all.

Cropped to include my username to show I was logged in.

I don't have any like, proof I spent money on the game beyond posts in the old thread about doing so? If nobody can do anything than that's just the way it's gonna be but I thought I'd ask.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Agent355 posted:

Nothing on Kong.

I played on Kong originally, then moved to kartridge, played on kartridge for awhile, had to reformat my computer and lost my kartridge save. My kongregate save at that time was 120 days old (made a post about it in this thread), but as you can see now kongregate has nothing at all.

Cropped to include my username to show I was logged in.

I don't have any like, proof I spent money on the game beyond posts in the old thread about doing so? If nobody can do anything than that's just the way it's gonna be but I thought I'd ask.

Download CheatEngine and give yourself some AP.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Agent355 posted:

But you do, go to kong's past purchases thing and et voila.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The save should exist though

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Okay that taught me that I have 2 kongregate accounts and that I was logged into the wrong one. The right one has a save file for me (though I'd rather just start over because I forgot wtf I was doing anyway and it's already months behind my furthest spot so w/e) and also this history of shame.

I need two pictures...

It stops in february but I played until August. I'm assuming anythign I bought through kartridge would have also registered in kongregate? But maybe not.

Getting a save file I could use with steam that was just a fresh file with all that poo poo back in would be the bees knees.

And yeah I do have the cloud save on the (other) account (I didn't remember I had)

E: I suppose i could cheat engine exactly the AP I was missing or w/e, but I don't know how to do that.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 27, 2020

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Another Chronicle - i read some clues about the dragon boss while talking to someone and promptly forgot them before I got to it. Anyone remember what the clues were?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
- Recommends Spirit Water as protection from it's fire breath.
- Fire monster so water magic is strong against it.
- Has a tendency to fly up in the sky so Wind magic is also recommended.

Really only the first tip is worthwhile.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
For the rock golem boss in Another Chronicle:

Wind magic makes it so the rock walls blow up on their next action. That's nice, but he makes 3 of them and it's basically impossible to nuke more than one (because the top one will absorb all attacks until it runs its self destruct) per run through the line up. There's no AoE spells, right?

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Bedurndurn posted:

For the rock golem boss in Another Chronicle:

Wind magic makes it so the rock walls blow up on their next action. That's nice, but he makes 3 of them and it's basically impossible to nuke more than one (because the top one will absorb all attacks until it runs its self destruct) per run through the line up. There's no AoE spells, right?

i don't think so. or at least, i haven't seen any yet. i just alternated my normal and wind attacks

also, is there a save editor anywhere? i kinda want to gently caress around and see what tamer and sorcerer school is like but gently caress restarting and i'm not anywhere near the reincarnation thing

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

No AOE, but you can take out 2 of them in a round by separating out your wind magic monsters. So one casts, a neutral monster or two attacks while the wall explodes, then your second casts.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Hit me up on discord with any ol newbie file made on steam, i can add those packs on for you.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Thanks for the offer, sent you a DM on discord.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Anything good out recently that's not Synergism or Another Chronicle?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Another Chronicle question: After clearing the Bandit Camp in Academic City I'm presented with two options: "Get Treasure" or "Talk to Knights". The second one just seems to end thing right there after a single extra scene, but Get Treasure opens up another pair of choices, only this time you can either "Examine the camp", which locks out the second option, or "Search the Bandit", which seems like it allows for the first option to be taken alongside. Trouble is, the choice requires an at-this-moment massive Destiny cap of 5.5K (I'm hovering around 3.15K with the Ancient Ruins zone freshly unlocked) plus 7 Movement.

Is this "Search the Bandit" worth the hassle of just sitting on the event for a long time? Does the original choice of Talk to Knights do something else further down?

AotC
May 16, 2010

KazigluBey posted:

Another Chronicle question: After clearing the Bandit Camp in Academic City I'm presented with two options: "Get Treasure" or "Talk to Knights". The second one just seems to end thing right there after a single extra scene, but Get Treasure opens up another pair of choices, only this time you can either "Examine the camp", which locks out the second option, or "Search the Bandit", which seems like it allows for the first option to be taken alongside. Trouble is, the choice requires an at-this-moment massive Destiny cap of 5.5K (I'm hovering around 3.15K with the Ancient Ruins zone freshly unlocked) plus 7 Movement.

Is this "Search the Bandit" worth the hassle of just sitting on the event for a long time? Does the original choice of Talk to Knights do something else further down?

Search the Bandit leads to the second ending. I haven't done it yet but from what I gather in their discord it's recommended to get 4-5 first endings done before trying to do it.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Evolve:

Is there a benefit to using trade routes or craftsman to trade/make tier 2 poo poo instead of just mashing the 'sell/make all' button?

I know there are challenges that force you to do it but I didn't know if you could actually get a better value ratio by using them or if they were just there to help with automation.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010
Not sure on the trading side of things, but once you get some upgrades for them craftsmen have a much better ratio of raw materials to finished goods than manual crafting does.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

AotC posted:

Search the Bandit leads to the second ending. I haven't done it yet but from what I gather in their discord it's recommended to get 4-5 first endings done before trying to do it.

cool, thanks!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I only just re-unlocked challenges in NGU, is it just me or are there alot fewer of them now? I mean individual completions, not types of challenges. I seem to remember alot of these being 20+ completions to get all the rewards. This is great.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, 4G changed that after a lot of bitching and moaning from us. It's way less effort for the same reward now.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Good job goons, peer pressure is cool :ocelot:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Another Chronicle: Okay, what the hell am I missing at rank 8? This boss in Dim Cave is flat out impossible; am I seriously just sitting here with my thumb up my rear end for more ritual ranks?

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 30, 2020

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

At Rank 8 the Familiar routine is now unlocked. There's a way to boost your stats in there after some time investment.

AotC
May 16, 2010
The first orc kill blows. You'll need about lvl 7 or 8 in lesser demon. Make sure to put yourself in the last party slot as well.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

AotC posted:

The first orc kill blows. You'll need about lvl 7 or 8 in lesser demon.

:catstare:

Well I guess I'll gently caress with it in an hour or so then.

AotC
May 16, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

:catstare:

Well I guess I'll gently caress with it in an hour or so then.

Good news is you're just an hour or so away from the first reset mechanic!

When you get it remember these words: rank doesn't matter, DR every hour.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

AotC posted:

When you get it remember these words: rank doesn't matter, DR every hour.

Really?

Though my dark rituals had been mainly done when I remembered to do it so they've been all over the place, but now I'm curious. Why's that?

Vanisheerrrrrr!!!

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

Musluk posted:

Really?

Though my dark rituals had been mainly done when I remembered to do it so they've been all over the place, but now I'm curious. Why's that?

It's the same idea as number in early NGU (multiplier is number): reset as often as you reasonably can because you get all the currency from ritual levels (xp from killing bosses in NGU) every reset and that's what gives you long term progression, and do some longer runs if you are close to beating a boss monster so you have time to push up your renamed Advanced Training levels (similar to killing a new titan/farming a new zone).

AotC
May 16, 2010

Musluk posted:

Really?

Until you can push rank 28 in a reasonable time (<2hr) it's better to reset every hour to grind inspiration for upgrades. After 28 it gets a bit looser due to will giving another rank multiplier.

You only need rank for very specific actions/quests, so you can take a longer run to push if needed.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Another Chronicle: I seem to have hit a serious wall at the initial part of the Coastal City; last Dark Ritual took me a day and a half, and I haven't seen any progress on anything other than a few summons in a day or so. I've grabbed every research drop bonus I could find, left myself on the sewer last night, and woke up this morning to all of six (6) sludge slime researches (a little less than one an hour); do I just have to manually pound at the Rocky Road until I get enough research/stone to do some advancement? I've got 15 levels in familiars, do I need to just dump all my habit into them for awhile until the Lesser Devil starts helping enough?

Also, is there a wiki for this somewhere? I Googled and couldn't find one.

EDIT: And I see there's a new page in the thread, and my question is answered immediately above my post.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 30, 2020

AotC
May 16, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

do I just have to manually pound at the Rocky Road until I get enough research/stone to do some advancement?

Also, is there a wiki for this somewhere? I Googled and couldn't find one.

When you advance to a new area you can grind manually to unlock the next tier of allies. They tend to be more powerful (even with fewer levels/seeds) than the previous area's. Also eat pork. Lots of pork. The food bonus helps early on and you reset the level scaling on it when you DR.

Afaik there's no wiki, the official discord would be the closest thing: https://discord.gg/wkD59z4

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
If you don't have any auto-eat slots yet (first is at 200 satiety cap) then get that asap as then you can just afk grind stat food.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

AotC posted:

When you advance to a new area you can grind manually to unlock the next tier of allies. They tend to be more powerful (even with fewer levels/seeds) than the previous area's. Also eat pork. Lots of pork. The food bonus helps early on and you reset the level scaling on it when you DR.
Yeah, I had the next tier of allies thing figured out pretty quickly, and I've grabbed a couple of the rock dudes, but they aren't nearly as big of an upgrade as the previous ones have been (I think they need a lot more research).

Okay, the food thing helps a lot, I've been eating slime jelly, mostly. I'll switch to pork.

Rynoto posted:

If you don't have any auto-eat slots yet (first is at 200 satiety cap) then get that asap as then you can just afk grind stat food.
How does food work, exactly? It's not super-clear from the in-game prompt, that was one of the things I wanted a Wiki for. Also, for whatever bonuses to "Sacred Ritual" do; I was guessing just a flat EXP bonus, but I'm not sure...?

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Thanatosian posted:

How does food work, exactly? It's not super-clear from the in-game prompt, that was one of the things I wanted a Wiki for. Also, for whatever bonuses to "Sacred Ritual" do; I was guessing just a flat EXP bonus, but I'm not sure...?

Far as I can tell food just gives you the same additive bonus every level. Each food level gives you a certain amount of satiety which gives a bonus to satiety capacity per DR and a percentage boost to your next DR talent multiplier. if you hit ritual as soon as you get 100% you'll tend to get around another 10% or so capacity, but you can keep eating indefinitely for more stats and diminished capacity increases. You unlock auto-eat slots that you can set to automate a single food eating at 200, 500 and ??? capacity totals. my current run right now has a capacity of 428.3 and when I ritual it'll go up to 482.9 because I afk-grind food a lot.

The Sacred Ritual bonus is I think just an additional percentage bonus

Elissia fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 30, 2020

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It takes increasing amounts of a given food to get bonuses but that resets on dark ritual. I usually spend the first half hour or so of each dr farming up pork, apples, jelly and salt as they become available.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
One thing that took me a bit to realize is that satiety cap increases based off a food's efficiency as a decimal value. ie. pork with 4 efficiency increases the cap each time by 0.4. This makes it worth to do a good amount of each of the steaks as they're easy to get with gold + wine. Beef Steak, in particular, gives +2% attack per completion (as does just normal beef at +1%)

Elissia posted:

You unlock auto-eat slots that you can set to automate a single food eating at 200, 500 and ??? capacity totals.

Goes from 500 to 1000 for the third slot.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 30, 2020

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So there are like, multiple tiers of resets in evolve, the first one is just nuking yourself but I guess the softcap for the currency you get is only like 200 ish, then I can spend it on upgrades or try and push to the next prestige level?

I'm not real sure what I should attempt, any hints?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Agent355 posted:

So there are like, multiple tiers of resets in evolve, the first one is just nuking yourself but I guess the softcap for the currency you get is only like 200 ish, then I can spend it on upgrades or try and push to the next prestige level?

I'm not real sure what I should attempt, any hints?

Nuke yourself as every species then attempt space.