Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

is there any reasonable progress in alterhistorian once you get to steam engine? seems like the only thing left to do is the essence purifier but rounding up hundreds of energy 10 at a time is some bullshit.

buying a steam engine should unlock the pulverizer for purchase, which is the next big step

and if you're not already, you should be using input mergers as storage so you dont have to sit around with poo poo on your cursor waiting for bars to fill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Venuz Patrol posted:

buying a steam engine should unlock the pulverizer for purchase, which is the next big step

and if you're not already, you should be using input mergers as storage so you dont have to sit around with poo poo on your cursor waiting for bars to fill

after you get pulverizers and upgrade the furnaces with one of the two things you can make, is the next step just building more energy production and filling up two merger's worth of storage to unlock the purifier?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

How do I sever a pipe connection once I've made it?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

How do I sever a pipe connection once I've made it?

click on the input and it'll cancel outputs leading to it

i dunno what's after the purifier, haven't played that far yet

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I've been playing Ngu Idle for 650 days now, I'm in late Sadistic, I've maxxed Energy and Magic caps, beaten all the bosses in the boss mode, and just finished all of the hacks. Looking at what the last (?) titan requires for the later forms and the last (?) adventure zone require, should I just be dumping all of my experience into adventure stats?

I'm probably about a month from finishing all of the wishes, too, and I don't see any way to bump those adventure stats other than better equipment and metric fucktons of experience.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Looks like I should at least have some idea how to get iron by now (got a bunch of lava made and some upgrades from it and essence) but I'm not seeing anything.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

dis astranagant posted:

Looks like I should at least have some idea how to get iron by now (got a bunch of lava made and some upgrades from it and essence) but I'm not seeing anything.

I'm betting it has to do with the 40 essence upgrade to the Purifier.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Well, vitriol is loving useless but maybe if we go even further beyond.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Venuz Patrol posted:

click on the input and it'll cancel outputs leading to it

i dunno what's after the purifier, haven't played that far yet

Where exactly on the input? I try clicking on the number or the input pipes and nothing happens.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

xiw posted:

Where exactly on the input? I try clicking on the number or the input pipes and nothing happens.

right click on the pipe

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Ham Equity posted:

I've been playing Ngu Idle for 650 days now, I'm in late Sadistic, I've maxxed Energy and Magic caps, beaten all the bosses in the boss mode, and just finished all of the hacks. Looking at what the last (?) titan requires for the later forms and the last (?) adventure zone require, should I just be dumping all of my experience into adventure stats?

I'm probably about a month from finishing all of the wishes, too, and I don't see any way to bump those adventure stats other than better equipment and metric fucktons of experience.

You should definitely be dumping into adventure stats. You'll spend a decent amount of exp on them. And if you're already near to collecting all the other parts, then it's just pumping the stats from rebirths and exp into power/toughness. You may need a little into regen, but also perhaps not. It'll be fairly clear if you do.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

xiw posted:

dis astranagant posted:

right click on the pipe

For anyone else having trouble, it seems like removing pipes doesn't work (for me) unless I refresh the page. Makes it hard to tell what action specifically removes them though.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

also I was being dumb, you want to right click on the input number.

e: oh, left clicking also works. was right clicking because I was also right clicking to grab everything out of an output at once.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 6, 2022

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Ham Equity posted:

Only 650 days? Looking like a speedrunner compared to me. I just recently finished around the 1450 day mark...but that's what happens when you forget about something for weeks at a time.

More pertinently, yes, my experience is that adventure stats will probably be your final exp sink. You won't have many other productive uses for experience at that point, as you've noticed.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
Right clicking has been removing them fine for me, but there have also been times where I didn't understand what was happening and invisible pipes could explain that.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Enjoyed Alterhistorian. Tip: If you're stone-locked, it's definitely worth building up the 810 energy to upgrade it instead of continuing transmuting, i wasted a bunch of time on that.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

xiw posted:

Enjoyed Alterhistorian. Tip: If you're stone-locked, it's definitely worth building up the 810 energy to upgrade it instead of continuing transmuting, i wasted a bunch of time on that.

Input mergers also function as early storage systems if you want to let the machine run for a while

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

yeah, getting your stone and water maxed out shortly after you get steam engines online is a very good idea.

since it took me ages to blunder into this: the ending is triggered by holding ~.2-.3 of the product of the obvious endgame building on your cursor

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

If the Alkahistorian series scratched a specific itch for you and you've been looking for more, or you just enjoy spinning different resource plates, maybe The Altahistorian's Conquest is for you?

https://dystopia-user181.itch.io/the-alterhistorians-conquest

Also, ran into a civclicker, Clicker Ultimate https://clickerultimate.github.io/

Looks like Altahistorian was one of the entries to the Summer Incremental Game Jam on itch.
https://itch.io/jam/summer-incremental-game-jam-2022/entries

As for Clicker Ultimate, I've hit the prestige/colony option on it and the game just gives no indication on if there is any more content really, or just a couple rounds of prestige-ing.
Also having 'colonies' be your prestige mechanic is incredibly silly when you're dumped right back into the pre-stone age.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of incremental games like this where all progress just stops the moment you've idled for a bit, because the resource stockpiles max out and nothing happens.
Always prefer it when there's atleast -something- that keeps on ticking and working. Be it an automation thing, autobuying certain things, or just a mechanic where 'wasted' resources do something useful.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 7, 2022

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I think I broke something on Alterhistorian's Conquest, I got the Steam Engine but don't seem to actually have a way to make Steam, and none of the upgrades on the other buildings say anything about making steam either.

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004
Do your furnaces accept water? I don't remember if they need an upgrade to do it.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
They don't need an upgrade. And for the future one of the buttons on the left side of the machines tells you all the possible inputs so you don't have to guess.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

American Dad posted:

Do your furnaces accept water? I don't remember if they need an upgrade to do it.

I thought I tried that, but I may have only checked the one input column and not both.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Cultura just dropped recently as a fun little animal racing/breeding game: https://talaxi.github.io/Cultura/

I've been enjoying myself quite a bit with it, though it's probably worth mentioning the economy is pretty harsh. With your free coins you probably wanna make sure you get at least a barn for each animal type and the auto-breeder or else you'll struggle a bit.

Dev's working on it quite a bit, and seems pretty open to feedback just judging from the reddit thread.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Looks pretty brutal. Like Cataclysm++

Finally got around to the challenge and so far it has just been a race to build as much infrastructure as possible while waiting at the points where it automatically reduces the timer. Should be Fun* :shepicide:

Actually quite worried about having the population to support things and spamming living quarters and biodomes.

Goodbye planet.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 10, 2022

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Finally clawed my population back up. Now I'm waiting around for soul gems to drop so I can make the jump to Andromeda.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Mmmm... Hits the spot
https://hard-drive.net/psst-hey-gamer-want-to-see-some-numbers-go-up-click-this-article/

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

hosed up by not starting over from zero but with faster counting a few times.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Immortality questions:

Are followers just mostly useless? I just unlocked them and the only ones that seem helpful at all are the Hunter and the Scout. The hunter brings in enough meat to give you ~10k stamina before he leaves and the scout lets you just rake in gems but they're both random so you can't really rely on getting one over the useless dudes.

Is tossing Commune with Divinity/Meditation in the projection slot as powerful as it seems? Spend 5 mana every day to get 10 mana+hundreds of stamina/hp/spirituality?

e: For people who are stuck/don't want to do the manual item merging (it sucks a lot) just run infuse equipment for like 20 years. You'll instantly jump way over the limits to automate everything equipment related.

uPen fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 12, 2022

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

uPen posted:

Immortality questions:

Are followers just mostly useless? I just unlocked them and the only ones that seem helpful at all are the Hunter and the Scout. The hunter brings in enough meat to give you ~10k stamina before he leaves and the scout lets you just rake in gems but they're both random so you can't really rely on getting one over the useless dudes.

Is tossing Commune with Divinity/Meditation in the projection slot as powerful as it seems? Spend 5 mana every day to get 10 mana+hundreds of stamina/hp/spirituality?

you eventually get activities to both recruit and train up followers, and when you get a priest it's very helpful in getting spirituality aptitude up.

I'm currently stuck at 997 on ascensions because drag and drop doesn't work on mobile so I can't use projection and even with 60 priests 100q spirituality seems impossible. I also can't finish the last impossible task because even 1 scout gets me killed. not sure what I'm supposed to do except maybe let it run for weeks for empowerment pills

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I think the hardest part of these idle games is once you hit a certain level it becomes incredibly difficult to balance the growth scaling with the multiple different forms of high level math you end up having to do for efficiency / to make things actually possible. Realm grinder is great but good lord as soon as you hit midgame it becomes just math. Synergism is like that a little bit it doesn't get anywhere near as bad

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

I think you forgot the NSFW tag.

That was a good article.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Jhet posted:

I think you forgot the NSFW tag.

That was a good article.

I got lost midway, what trick did they use to get 230k bonus?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
With so much discussion of Immortality Idle, should there be a link to it at the front page?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

For anyone that cares, Legends of Idleon has been released on iOS with cross play between your PC account. There is a big release event, so just playing it on iOS and talking to an NPC gets you a bunch of gems and event chests filled with candy and xp boosters. In addition to being able to get another 50 event chests a day from actively killing monsters.

I think I got 600-700 gems from the one time bonus and grinding out some of the extra boxes (while working towards some other stuff).

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/idleon-idle-mmo/id1636526901

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Bloodly posted:

With so much discussion of Immortality Idle, should there be a link to it at the front page?

tbh I think it'll end up a flash in the pan. it's good but by the time it's smoothed over it'll end up being a 3 day game tops.

also have you seen the op? I am a terrible thread owner I haven't touched that poo poo since the thread opened lmao

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I finished getting gaseous assets and immediately took the opportunity to transfer to cookie clicker on steam. Months and months after starting into that dead-end shadow achievement, and now I can finally start finishing the rest of it again- my thanks to the folks who gave me advice on it!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Catpain Slack posted:

hosed up by not starting over from zero but with faster counting a few times.

That's the next article in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Clicker Ultimate

Done a few prestiges, hit the Age of Revolution and there are no new upgrades, just increasing ranks of the resource banks. Do I just keep getting those and eventually new stuff shows up again?