Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Garfu posted:

Evolve is my #1 favorite incremental game... After forking it and turning up the speed a ton while tweaking a whole bunch of other values.

Happy to explain how to do that for people that have never touched code, cause it really is a great game (at 10x speed without worrying about soul gems and increasing supply transfer rate for mechs and using the script). It's extremely easy with VS code
i'd be interested in a link to the fork if you don't mind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

crime weed posted:

i'd be interested in a link to the fork if you don't mind!

https://github.com/garfu/EvolveGFU

https://github.com/pmotschmann/Evolve/compare/master...garfu:EvolveGFU:master

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Gathering event is on in Ironwood RPG.

It's been a couple of months since I mentioned it, so I figured I'd bring it up again in case anyone has more input/objections: I've been doing guild events on a Gather -> Craft -> Gather -> Combat -> GoTo1 cycle, since it feels like about the ratio of how much time I generally spend gathering vs. crafting or combating; is everyone still okay with this?

I do change it up a bit if we need more of some resource or another for a Guild building, but otherwise try to keep to that. Also, it's a very slow slog, but we are catching up to #15 in the guild rankings; I doubt we'll pull it off before the game resets for 1.0, but I don't really think there's any way of speeding it up anymore, so that's fine.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 26, 2024

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Are there any recommended first buys from the Eternal Essence shop in Cycle Idle? I'm prob going to remain F2P so it'll be a slow trickle, right now I'm looking at Talent Refresh Amulet (one talent refresh per rebirth for 400 EE), but I'm curious what other people think.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
new turtle-themed semi-ngu clone just dropped https://superturtleidle.github.io/

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

right-click equips, incidentally, not doubleclick or drag-and-drop. odd choice

e: lol all the "how to play the game" stuff is in the quest tips. not sure how i missed that, as stuff like "buy multiple sets of armour for them to auto-upgrade" is quite important!

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Mar 27, 2024

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

right-click equips, incidentally, not doubleclick or drag-and-drop. odd choice

e: lol all the "how to play the game" stuff is in the quest tips. not sure how i missed that, as stuff like "buy multiple sets of armour for them to auto-upgrade" is quite important!

the other important thing that's only semi-hinted is that you can click the bottom left turtle to get money instead of selling stuff.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Lone Goat posted:

Are there any recommended first buys from the Eternal Essence shop in Cycle Idle? I'm prob going to remain F2P so it'll be a slow trickle, right now I'm looking at Talent Refresh Amulet (one talent refresh per rebirth for 400 EE), but I'm curious what other people think.

I'm just saving for the -1hour harvest time upgrades for the garden. Feels like it could pay off in the long run.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Made this for Melvor's archeology as an intro for 'what to go for' without looking up to the wiki for everything, hope it helps peeps.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Residual Toast posted:

new turtle-themed semi-ngu clone just dropped https://superturtleidle.github.io/

Tried this and right now it doesn't feel like it's doing anything interesting yet? It's only at v0.3 so I should let it go develop for a while. Gating boss attempts behind random drops feels miserable though.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Residual Toast posted:

I fiddled with this a bit yesterday. It appears to be super early in its development. Or maybe I am just a bit dense.

I managed to beat the monsters in the first area, and somehow got the cage item I needed to attempt the boss. It got consumed, and the boss was going to beat me, so I went back to farming a lower level thing. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get another cage. So I can’t get to the boss again, and can’t seem to progress the game.

I could probably try leaving the game open overnight farming the scorpions right before the boss, but after I bought everything out of the store, I was out of time, and didn’t want another idle game staying open on my computer for now.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Orvin posted:

I fiddled with this a bit yesterday. It appears to be super early in its development. Or maybe I am just a bit dense.

I managed to beat the monsters in the first area, and somehow got the cage item I needed to attempt the boss. It got consumed, and the boss was going to beat me, so I went back to farming a lower level thing. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get another cage. So I can’t get to the boss again, and can’t seem to progress the game.

I could probably try leaving the game open overnight farming the scorpions right before the boss, but after I bought everything out of the store, I was out of time, and didn’t want another idle game staying open on my computer for now.

I also had to randomly figure out that you can buy equipment from the shop multiple times, leveling it up. Most gear goes up to 10. I'm in the second area now, but I think this might need some more time in the oven, there's still a lot that's not clear to me and isn't communicated well.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

Tried this and right now it doesn't feel like it's doing anything interesting yet? It's only at v0.3 so I should let it go develop for a while. Gating boss attempts behind random drops feels miserable though.

It needs some balance, but hasn’t really been too much of a bother. You end up getting enough of them while idling for crafting items. I’m up to being stuck at level 30, unable to finish the Arena and getting wrecked in the dungeon. Still seems fairly close to being able to do it.

Nice concept, needs more time to finish cooking.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
It seems like there's really only one way to continue progressing at any given point. The less obvious way of progression for me was the locked chests. The 2nd tier one of those seems rarer than it should be, but eventually gave me a new weapon that was able to carry me through the penguin dungeon thing. The lightning trinket thing was also a significant progression bump.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Bedurndurn posted:

It seems like there's really only one way to continue progressing at any given point. The less obvious way of progression for me was the locked chests. The 2nd tier one of those seems rarer than it should be, but eventually gave me a new weapon that was able to carry me through the penguin dungeon thing. The lightning trinket thing was also a significant progression bump.

Yep, that's what I'm grinding up right now. It does seem fairly linear, but not really that slow yet.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Musluk posted:

Made this for Melvor's archeology as an intro for 'what to go for' without looking up to the wiki for everything, hope it helps peeps.

These are good recommendations and focus grouped by us weirdos in the NGU goon chat. Archaeology is a skill that onramps very slow, but has some incredibly good stuff in the loot pools once you get it rolling.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Turtle game seems pretty cute so far for such an early game. I didn't have any trouble learning about things like equipment upgrading or chests; the tooltips all seemed fairly clear for me. Maybe those weren't in yet when you all who had trouble tried. Seems to be a fair bit of weaving back and forth to farm stuff for crafting with though. I'm okay with it occupying a window for now.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I got the Sacrificial Dagger but I still can't even scratch the 3rd boss in Super Turtle Idle. I'm stuck at level 30 I feel like I should be unlocking talents or classes but am unsure how to progress. Best armor I can get seems to be from the second boss tiger so I've started farming it more.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

How do you play this build, if you don't mind me asking?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

socialsecurity posted:

I got the Sacrificial Dagger but I still can't even scratch the 3rd boss in Super Turtle Idle. I'm stuck at level 30 I feel like I should be unlocking talents or classes but am unsure how to progress. Best armor I can get seems to be from the second boss tiger so I've started farming it more.

Basic rule of the game seems to be that bosses are usually something you skip and come back to later. At this point you should soon be able to clear the first arena "showdown" and start grinding the first dungeon. In practice, maxing every piece of equipment you haven't yet is worthwhile for the associated bonuses.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

Basic rule of the game seems to be that bosses are usually something you skip and come back to later. At this point you should soon be able to clear the first arena "showdown" and start grinding the first dungeon. In practice, maxing every piece of equipment you haven't yet is worthwhile for the associated bonuses.

Ah that was it I kept doing the skirmishes but not the showdowns thanks.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I can't make it through the Penguin Dungeon even with the dagger and that seems like the only place that I'm even close on. Do I just need to farm area 2 and hope I get tiger armor? I'm not sure if I'm missing something but it seems like I need to get really lucky with life steal procs or get a significant buff in durability to go any further.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

WarpedLichen posted:

I can't make it through the Penguin Dungeon even with the dagger and that seems like the only place that I'm even close on. Do I just need to farm area 2 and hope I get tiger armor? I'm not sure if I'm missing something but it seems like I need to get really lucky with life steal procs or get a significant buff in durability to go any further.

health potions are very useful there if you're just barely dying, but more king kat armor def helps. note you'll probably need the net gun for the last boss bc he chain heals your first few times through

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I never bothered to make one of the net guns, prioritizing the grinding of equipment asap, and it will pay off to take that approach.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Saraiguma posted:

health potions are very useful there if you're just barely dying, but more king kat armor def helps. note you'll probably need the net gun for the last boss bc he chain heals your first few times through

I got the netgun drop recently from a bronze chest but it says it's useless at level 30? Or is there a higher level one?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

WarpedLichen posted:

I got the netgun drop recently from a bronze chest but it says it's useless at level 30? Or is there a higher level one?

that's enemy level, not yours

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Saraiguma is correct, the enemy boss in that dungeon is too high level for the netgun. You just want to get a damage combo that overpowers them; I recommend maxing out the dojo boss outfit and using a food-ring-weapon-stamp damage combo.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

the regular penguins are effected by the net, for what its worth. And carry's over to King Penguin, if you pop it on the penguin just before.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I was able to net king penguin? multiple times.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Combat Event is on in Ironwood.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
turtle game: what's Insight for? obviously I like filling out logs and etc but there's a number there in the Grand Archive

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Apparently nothing so far.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

DACK FAYDEN posted:

turtle game: what's Insight for? obviously I like filling out logs and etc but there's a number there in the Grand Archive

the actual books give some class bonuses though when you unlock them.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Cycle Idle:

Ok, I've nearly cleared the first island. All my L25 class skills are unlocked, as well as the Warrior L30. 5/5 crafted everything from the first island except the pants that require a really rare drop off Vermin King. Gotten a lot, but not all, of the Knowledge unlocks. Plant store is cleaned out, Card decks are chugging along.

Is there anything else that needs doing, or is it time for some long rebirths trying to unlock new zones on island two? I've got a DEX setup* that will clear out the Ripperian node in about a day.

*rogue basic attack; rogue active attack; hunter active attack; Block; Accelerated Healing; Bestial Knowledge is getting me 158 Ripperian kills an hour

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

So, Turtle Idle, I feel like I'm going crazy here -- I have thirty-some odd copper ore. I go to the Guildwork tab, go to the copper bar recipe, and hit craft all. Nothing happens. Am I missing something?

e: Ah, browser issue. Tried a different one and it worked.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 29, 2024

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

There's also a weird warmup period when you start crafting something where if you don't wait for the bar to start moving before you leave the crafting tab it seems to either get stuck or not start or just craft one item even when you said craft all. Might also be browser related since this seems like one of those kind of edge cases.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Feels like I've reached the end of content for Turtle Idle after just 2 days. I beat the level 31 zone boss and it gave me an item I can't use because it's WIP. Cleared all the dungeons as well.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i'm really tired of combat bar-fill idle games. i got into CIFI because it wasn't one of those and now that i'm on the second prestige layer i got jumpscared by one, and it doesn't work properly offline to boot. please....please stop putting idle rpgs in your idlers...

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Lone Goat posted:

Cycle Idle:

Ok, I've nearly cleared the first island. All my L25 class skills are unlocked, as well as the Warrior L30. 5/5 crafted everything from the first island except the pants that require a really rare drop off Vermin King. Gotten a lot, but not all, of the Knowledge unlocks. Plant store is cleaned out, Card decks are chugging along.

Is there anything else that needs doing, or is it time for some long rebirths trying to unlock new zones on island two? I've got a DEX setup* that will clear out the Ripperian node in about a day.

*rogue basic attack; rogue active attack; hunter active attack; Block; Accelerated Healing; Bestial Knowledge is getting me 158 Ripperian kills an hour

I'm slightly ahead of you, and I've just been doing some long rebirths to unlock new stuff on island 2 (The top one is some new rebirth skills for knowledge and quest progress, not as strong as the other skills), working on the bottom one now.
The recipes you unlock take a ton of mats, so that's gonna be a grind and a half. I think that when I've unlocked all the new features there I'll go back to unlock all the knowledge stat buffs on the first island while I grind up garden and cards/ichor shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I'm also on the 2nd island but haven't grinded down any of the entry mobs yet. I've killed 2k of the middle one overnight. My rebirths have been based around maximizing quests for the card game. Last card game I did I got ~200 Ichor, which was neat. I got the level 30 skills for Druid, Mage, and Hunter... but unless you get Level 30 in subsequent runs or near it, the penalty makes them too lovely to use in practice.