Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Carados posted:

I like it when the numbers go up, but sometimes the numbers go down! Did I break something?

That reminds me! If you're just starting NGU, don't be afraid to do a rebirth that lowers your Number if you aren't really have anything else to do that run. Doing a whole lot of short runs is the best way to get exp early, and you need it very badly. This is no longer as necessary since exp drops in adventure mode got buffed though if you can't/don't want to play that actively.

NGU request: since we're getting sorting options for the Perk/Quirk/Wish screens, one option for those menus that would be really useful is a "filter out completed perks" option. It would greatly reduce clutter, especially on the perk screen.

Also, a sort by total cost rather than cost per level might be nice for a better idea of what the true total cost of some perk actually is. So something like the first McGuffin slot (250 pp) showing before the second rank of energy/magic stats (50 pp x 100 = 5,000 pp total) to better show the relative cost of fully filling out something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
I should have mentioned this on the last page, but new NGU players: your feedback is really appreciated, either in this thread or the discord! Something is very good about making sure new players can catch up reasonably well (not going for a very long time where you aren't unlocking or reasonably progressing anything), and has even very recently gave the early game a big leg-up with exp gains. So, new goons progressing through the early and mid game will always have their input welcome, since the early game experience is really important to keeping the game healthy.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

DontMindMe posted:

Any tips for starting out in NGU? EXP priority and such? Things 1000% worth getting from sellout shop?

Currently pushing towards beating boss 37 to unlock more stuff (waiting on augmentations)

EDIT: I already fell for the mystery prize trap

The 100% most important thing in the sellout shop is the Improved loot filter imo, although you won't truly need it until you hit at least one Titan imo. From what I remember I just barely had enough AP for it by the time I needed it. The regular loot filter is still worth getting as a stopgap until you get there, although I forgot how much exp it costs and how high your energy stats should be before you get it.

After the improved loot filter, however many inventory slots you feel you need followed by accessory slots, and then when you hit 1 energy on all basic training Instant Training Cap is very worthwhile.

Don't worry about lowering your number between rebirths, if you find yourself able to play a bit more actively doing 15/30 minute rebirths for a while will net you a ton of exp.

When you unlock magic, you won't need to buy any more of it with exp for a while, although increasing the speed a bit may still be worthwhile.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Bedurndurn posted:

I went back to playing WAMI while I'm waiting on stuff to be ready for evil in NGU. I understand it way more this second time around, partly because of the guy's post advocating for it here and being a lot more familiar with the genre as a whole.

There's a christmas event running in it now, which gives out some free early game stats if anybody else wants to check it out.

I think there's always some sort of event, the Halloween one went right up to about a week ago when it switched to this Christmas one. I imagine this one will keep running until we hit Valentines day at that pace :v:

I've been playing WAMI for about three weeks now, and while there are a few things that are definitely not quite as well fleshed out as it is in NGU, it has a number of mechanics I think it implemented extremely well. For example, the adventure game mode completely removes all inventory management. You can freely switch between things in the item list, and duplicate drops are automatically merged and buffed without any input from the player. Because it's completely automated from the get-go, items go up to a significantly higher maximum level (up to 1000) and are split between different rarities of drops. You'll always max out the common drops fairly quickly for any given zone, and the rarest drops won't be maxed before you can move on to the next zone.

What this means is that you can usually go back to old zones and try and farm up old rare drops if for some reason you can't currently farm the latest zone. It feel nice to be able to get progress somewhere even if you can't kill things in the highest accessible zone for some reason or another (challenges, switching gear to prioritize bonuses to some other feature). Since all the gear you've gotten is always easily equipped, using specialized loadouts for specific tasks is very powerful and fluid. On top of that, all gear applies 10% of their stats at all times even when they're not equipped, so even if old gear is objectively inferior to every other choice in that slot you get some small benefit from farming old stuff.

The downside is, individual drops past the first time you get a new item aren't as meaningful as combining things in NGU (there aren't any bonuses for maxing a set as far as I can tell), but most of the systems in the game seem to operate on a slightly lower scale numbers-going-up-ness compared to NGU. As an example, my current reincarnation bonus (similar to NGU's number) is only up to +200% as of this moment, but this benefit still feels powerful because it also applies to the equivalent of Energy Power/Bars and several other mechanics while NGU's number feels like it only effects a few core things.

Given WAMI has probably been in development for way less time than NGU I think it's done a pretty good job taking a shot at attempting a similar game style, it clearly cribs a lot from NGU but does enough differently to make it not feel like a complete rip-off.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

It was brought up in the discord that letting the card bonus you get be completely random could be frustrating and too random when combined with the other RNG present in the card mechanics. I think a thematic way to implement this would be to let the player choose which "card set" they want to pull cards/booster packs from, with each set having specific stats in their cards. Like how, in magic, you could choose to buy a Ravnica booster pack or a Morridan booster pack or whatever.

That way, you won't have complete control of the card bonuses you get, but more than if it were completely random. Maybe have the most important/powerful stats (adventure stats, hack/wish speed, etc.) be in multiple packs so that a few aren't picked exclusively by everyone, or have way more pack types with fewer card types in them but force the player to choose to pull from 2-4 of them at once. They could even have silly names/cover art.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Kin posted:

It's currently only at about 3000.

I've got the items from the AP shop to let me auto filter boosts into it now so it's starting to go up a bit faster.

Though I've been farming special boosts in the strange lands for the cane of destiny to get more energy/magic so there's not been much going onto the cube for a little while now.

Should I be pouring it all into there instead?

Definitely don't prioritize cube over anything else - boosts to the cube are always less meaningful than to equipment. Let the cube boosting only happen when you don't have anything else to do with the boosts.

The only real 'problem' you're probably having is not having the game open enough, and there's not a lot you can do to change that. The only other thing that could really be hurting you iirc is if your inventory isn't big enough to hold all your boosts before autoboost activates.

I have a similar problem in that I keep my computer off more often than a lot of end game players so my cube is pretty far from the soft cap too, just know you'll be progressing a bit slower than others.

Edit: Oh right, if you're ignoring boost perks/quirks those would also be a problem. They've much more useful than they seem at first glance.

Manyorcas fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 6, 2020

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Are we that close to the release? Is there a rough ETA available?

Fake edit: Oh, we ARE halfway through January, huh...

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

something posted:

Sneak peek at version 0.0.0.0.0.fuckthisisearly build of game 2:

no actual gameplay yet but look, pretty colours!

The small starting area reminds me of the seablock mod for factorio that slowed the pace of the game almost down to idle game levels. Glad to see that idea taken to its obvious conclusion.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

A few people have mentioned getting stuck on Exile v3 and v4, and I was too for months, what helped me was realizing that siphoning exp into adventure stats gave pretty significant value at the time. I don't think there's really any time before that where it's worth putting it in anything other than normal stats so it's easy to forget that's something you can do.

It will still take at least weeks, even with cards I imagine.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Something I think would be very helpful for NGU Industries - the ability to put a cap on how much of a stockpile you want of a material, that causes your producers to stop producing.

I almost went :words: on how this compares to what happens in factorio, but the short of it is, between the production, speed, and beacons, trying to math out proper ratios for production seems like it's going to be VERY hard, and it might be easier for the player to just experiment instead. Since many intermediates use the same base reagents, if you could put a cap on one or more of the intermediates, you can make sure one intermediate product doesn't accidentally eat more base reagent than it needs. This is becoming especially noticeable in tier 3, where everything is eating computer chips and it's very easy to accidentally have more of some of them than the other. This also should make it easier to determine if a production problem is being caused by having not enough preceding reagent or an improper ratio of parallel intermediates.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

I thought of a few more things for NGU Industries!

1) I noticed some research now has actual jokes, which I may have missed while spamming upgrades, so a way to view all completed research might be cool.

2) None of the tooltips for beacons mention exactly how much they improve their stats, although you probably know this and you're just keeping it blank in case you change it during testing.

3) Maybe the ability to filter research by types of Juice needed by clicking the juice icons?

Also, with the changes to the production speed gain/loss screen, I'm not sure capping resources would still be useful. But maybe!

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

Do I understand beards correctly in NGU? My understanding is that active beards soak up a percentage of the excess Energy/Magic generated by your Speed/Bars when you're at cap, modified by Power and divided among active beards if you have multiple active beards on the same resource. All beards that have been active during a given run give you the bonuses you've earned thus run, plus their permanent bonuses. Then when you rebirth, your active beards add their levels to that beard's permanent bonus and any levels gained on inactive beards are lost.

Is that right?

You've got the gist, correct. Once you have all the beard slots and the last beard unlocked it becomes a tab you never really click on anymore.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

You're on the right track for the Jouster unlock, you just have to get really, really lucky. I managed to unlock it without having to use any zone tokens or anything.

I think the tournament has the most tiers of 'rarity' for its events, it seems goes from (most common) Exhibition match > Qualifying match > Semifinals match > finals match > *grand* finals match (least common)

The only one I'm not 100% sure exists is the finals match one, so maybe it isn't being that dickish :v:

Edit: There's also Quarterfinals, so if each one is rarer than the last... yeah I'm glad I got lucky.

Manyorcas fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 14, 2020

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

Okay, sorry to doublepost, having unlocked Questing should I be actively doing minor quests to grab as much QP as possible upfront or should I idle minor quests while continuing to farm gear and ITOPOD?

Doing minors actively is... not suggested. For your sanity's sake, more than anything. But yeah, the increase in QP doing minors manually isn't worth completely losing your PP income.

You probably want to do manuals whenever you get a quest you haven't done before (so you can level the quest item to 100), idle minors, and imo even majors are only worth doing manually if you boost them with butter. Most people end up idling majors too.

----------

This touches on something I've wanted to post about, but 4g has patched in a bunch of tools to help manual questing that has made manual questing ALMOST idle, but it takes a combination of three tools (two of which you won't have for a while) to really get things rolling. These tools have slowly been patched in over time since questing was added and I think some players still have manual questing written off as far too tedious for the reward, but these tools allow you to turn large amounts of idle time into manual quest turn-ins.

The first tool you need are the automerge slots in your inventory. The more you have, the better.

Second, you need to get the third-highest tier of the Fibonacci Perk, which I think is realistic sometime in Evil difficulty. This perk causes all quests to require 50 quest item turn-ins instead of 50-60 randomly.

Third, you need all of the "Bonus Handin Progress" Perks and wishes. The last of these are only available in sadistic difficulty. What this one does is it allows combined quest items to provide (level/2) quest items for turn-in purposes. So, if you have a level 100 quest turn-in item, it counts as 50 quest turn-ins. This only really pays off when you have all 4 of the perks/wishes.

Once you have all three of these tools, you can now do manual quests very idle-y. You go to the quest zone long enough to have at least one quest item for each (or most of) your automerge slots. Protect them, or else they'll all merge into the first slot. With that done, you can leave for many hours and the game will combine hundreds of quest drops into those quest items. Each quest item at level 100 is a free major quest turn-in: So you still get long-term benefit from being gone for a long time.

If you're doing this method, definitely don't feel obligated to get ALL autocombine slots filled with level 100 quest items when you check in on it, those are just in case you forget about it or have to leave it be for a long time. Even just two or three at level 100 will give you large rewards when you can play actively. Eventually, you're going to have a whole bunch of leftover quest items from various zones - and you'll be able to rapid-fire turning in major quests with the manual bonus. I've been able to get hundreds of thousands of QP turning in majors with the beast butter this way, and I think it's worth doing if you catch Beast Butter on sale and have extra AP to buy a batch of it, or have a bunch stockpiled from the wheel or something.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Basically, just have a name in discord similar to your SA name, poke 4g whenever he's online and maybe make a short message in one of the public channels so he can find you easily to promote you.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Eldercain posted:

200ish. just finished rock lobster gear, my guess is you have way better r3 than me

I just finished the 70s zone and I get around 160, so I'm going to be closer to your perk point generation when I catch up than New Yorp's. My guess is some players having a huuuuuge exp lead to give them a leg up on the hacks and NGUs at this point.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Chin Strap posted:

I don't understand why "Grinding Mana Rocks" isn't working like it should. is it just bugged? Keeps going of on other routes I tried and not just hitting mana rocks

It's been pretty good about remembering routes that can hit rocks for me, but it might just be that none of your routes can currently finish a mana rock. Each time you get mana from a rock it permanently increases how long it takes to get more mana from that same rock, so after using "Grinding Mana Rocks" for a while you may need to experiment with new routes again.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Aurora posted:

i'm at a loss of where to proceed in cavernous, i can't quite get clone 3 or enough mana to make any equipment yet

When I was at your point, I got through by focusing on clone 3. When I finally found a path that let me get the gold I was getting so close I let my loop run for a while to run up skills until it was fast enough to finish it. With 3 clones, getting past the enemy is no problem, but I'm stuck basically immediately after that + sapping the new mana pools.

By the way, if you missed the tooltip like I did for a long time, you can have up to as many copies of the equipment as you have clones, so with the third clone you can basically go from 4 damage/second to the goblin to 9 damage/second.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think that steel furnace at the top doesn't actually need coal, you can just upgrade iron bars. The description makes it confusing if that's so.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Aurora posted:

i tried tossing in iron bars but it didn't work so coal is probably around somewhere

I finally found the coal, but after having finally killed 3 creatures, attempting to kill any of my remaining ones is... :psyduck:

I feel like I've reached a point in the game where every step is a serious struggle and my last two breakthroughs haven't been rewarded with enough (any) mana to use the new coal.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Is there ever an unlock to automate buying buildings, especially in lower tiers? That's going to get really old really fast otherwise.

Also, I was in for a nice surprise when I saw each tier had their own equipment grid :yum: (I never got to play the first beta)

sweetroy posted:

is the goon channel on the discord still a thing? how do i get in

If you mean NGU's discord, yeah it's still there and active, just send a message to 4g with your SA username and he'll promote you.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

shs posted:

A building auto buyer is something I've considered, but my concern is that unless it has some amount of smartness built into it, it'll just burn all of your prestige resources on buildings that you didn't want. And even if it is smart, it'll probably still misfire a lot.

Once you've reached the end of a layer 2 or 3 times, you can usually just buy 25 your way back to where you were in a few seconds.

Even if an autobuyer was only available for the lowest prestige layer, where you probably won't care about the use of resources too much, it would save a lot of time.

Alternatively, a "Buy x of all buildings" or "Buy up to x of all buildings" button could also be useful, but then you might run into UI space problems.

Now that I know I need to use gacha energy on every layer I'm sure only using it on the highest tier pulls is the wrong move for a while, but I gotta go for them 5stars :v:

Edit: So am I correct in assuming that only building production, passive energy gain, and any sort of ticking timer are the only things being tracked while offline? Tracking offline progress for the dungeon seems... hard.

Manyorcas fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 24, 2020

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Kin posted:

When i mentioned getting access to Wishes in NGU, someone mentioned saying goodbye to advanced training, is there a wish i've not seen that removes the need for them, or is it something way off in the future (i only just completed all of the faster wishes wish)?

I don't know exactly how far it is ahead, but if you sort by "total cost" with no filters it's on page nine, but it's an evil wish that comes after some sadistic difficulty wishes so you may not see it until you get near the end of evil.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Honestly, I think the biggest problem with sadistic is that there's currently no features to unlock to work towards to, and there won't be for a few months while 4g works on getting his next game closer to being ready.

But I think this was going to happen regardless of when development had to take a break; a similar stop before adding wishes or something would have been equally boring, if not worse, since it'd be that much easier for players to reach the end before having nothing else to work for. It's kind of a pitfall of playing a game while it's actively being developed. Ask MMO goons how they feel about major patches/expansions being delayed.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

I treat the potions I have in NGU like items in a JRPG. Am I probably just gonna sit on them forever?

They become exceptionally useful once you unlock wishes, so hoarding them until then isn't too bad. I think the only consumables that are really not that useful are mcguffin muffins and EM bar bars. I guess you can use the bars when doing troll challenges?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

KazigluBey posted:

It's kind of interesting, if frustrating, that "optimal" QP progress in late-Questing is the stack-to-100 method once you get all the upgrades allowing for a single Level 100 quest item turn-in to clear a Major active quest.

Here's a link to the post I made about it since it was a while ago. It was cool to figure out, but even now I see the beast butter on sale and think "Should I do that again for another 100 majors? ehhhhh :effort:"

KazigluBey posted:

WAMI suffers from a similar issue in that by extreme late-game some progress factors are online-only, for example: how important Slimes become and how massive their bonuses get, which becomes a problem because they aren't factored into offline calculations.

When I unlocked alchemy in WAMI and realized how much of a tedious pain in the rear end it was going to be, I quit on the spot. It's a pity, I liked some of the things WAMI did with the item dropping and bar-equivalent mechanics.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Just fill your inventory and skip the 50% tax. What else are you using it for?

Sure, you could fill your inventory with quest items - but only for one quest, if you're gone for a long time. Chances are the next quest you start will be a different quest though, and how are you going to get your dreamcatcher drops if your inventory is filled with caterpillars? Unless you're babysitting the next quest you'll probably go idle long enough to miss a bunch of drops from your inventory filling up again, or you can throw away a bunch of your dreamcatchers, but with item combining you can instead throw away just half of your dreamcatchers while making room for the next set of items. Combining also allows you to idle productively longer, albeit at an effectively 50% slower droprate.

It's definitely not without it's downsides, but I found it to be the best qp payout for your attention input if you're using beast butter.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

What exactly are the requirements to unlock a new Layor in Endless Battle: Return of Hero? I've unlocked up to layer 3 and have prestiged it with 25 in all the buildings, which seemed to unlock higher layer 2 and 3, but still nothing on tier 4. Do I need more buildings than the lower layers? Or is it also tied to dungeon zones or something?

It was kind of hard to know what really caused me to unlocked layor 2 and 3, but if I need to push for a larger number of buildings it would be helpful to know so I can plan my prestiges appropriately.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Lilli posted:

What unlocked layer 4 for me was building 50 of the final layer 3 building.

Okay, cool, so it's (probably) just the final building you need to spam a bit to get that. At least I'll have a bunch of kingdom builders to use from prestiging too early the previous times.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Two small feature requests for Endless Battle:

1) In the Quest Summary screen, you can see the total bonuses you've earned from completing quests. It seems to be that the same bonuses on different layer tiers stack multiplicatively (if I'm wrong here, correct me!) and I think it would be convenient if we could easily tell which bonuses came from which layer tier. One way would be to separate each tier into it's own page, so you're always taken right to the page with the relevant layer's bonuses, or possibly just making it one big page with each layer having a separate section, with the currently selected layer highlighted.

2) More automation please :v: right now, all the various Creation upgrade currencies make it somewhat tedious to go through and buy upgrades, and since I'm just trying to buy the cheapest ones as I can afford them, I wouldn't mind throwing an auto-buy option into that screen. The only currency on that screen you might not want to spend immediately are the regular power gems, but even then you don't need more than 100-150k at a time. This probably wouldn't be the optimal way to upgrade everything, since not all the upgrades are equally valuable, but with all the currencies spread among all the layers it would save a fair bit time trying to eyeball currency costs.

I'll hold off on requesting auto-upgrading magic spells since those have significant difference in power and you most definitely want to actually put thought into those :v:

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

shs posted:

Quests from different layers that benefit the same resource do stack multiplicatively.

I recently uploaded a new build (125) that adds some extra information to the quest summary menu. The Steam and Android versions should be out. The iOS is in review.

My hang up with automation is that, even though I made the game, I don't really know how to play it optimally. Regular upgrades are easy because there's no decision to be made (just buy all of them right away), but for things like spending prestige resources versus hanging on to them to receive a boost, or buying one creation upgrade versus buying a different upgrade, that's really complex and I don't think I'm capable of building something that makes good decisions.

Oh yeah, I'm making this request having no idea how to play optimally either. It'd be really hard and complicated to find that I think! My specific request was just to automate my own very simplistic method of choosing upgrades, which honestly is pretty selfish of me :v:

Thank you very much for the update, the layer building material mechanic of the game is interesting.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Aurora posted:

so what's my goal after i unlock questing, getting the last few sets in the adventure zones before pushing to 300?

More or less, yeah. You'll also need to beat all 4 difficulties of the beast, which is a new thing that'll be on all future titans as well. You'll have the last adventure zone sets done long before you can kill beast v4.

The other thing to look out for is to start finishing most of the challenges - I think the ones that are still kind of hard at the end of normal are no Time Machine and no NGUs? Those you might want to finish after getting some evil sets, just use your best judgement if the later challenges still seem really hard.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Cockmaster posted:

On NGU: I've just gotten myself a maxed-out Slimy Set, and my Adventure stats just got to where I can autokill Beast V2. What should I be doing to get my stats to where I can handle Chocolate World? I've been putting the full force of my energy into the Adventure NGU for a while now, and it's up to about 680,000. Is there anything else worth looking at?

I think you're just at the point, or very close to the point, where the best way to make progress is spending XP on adventure stats. Although I think you should be able or nearly able to max out all the NGUs at this point as well?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Cockmaster posted:

Might it be worth getting the "Improved Cube Boosting" perk? I've already maxed out "Boosted Boosts 1" and "Beasted Boosts 1".

It's an excellent perk, even if you currently are hitting the softcap for cubes, that won't always be true and it'll give you a headstart for adventure stats in the future. It depends heavily on what your other perk options though.

re: capping NGUs at the end of normal - I may also be confusing the end of normal with the end of evil, oops :v: It has been a very long time since I was last in normal difficulty.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Kin posted:

So i should basically just chuck a certain % of my E/M/3 into blood/time machine (for gold digger boosts) and wishes and then the rest into NGUs?

Yeah, this is probably going to be the case for most rebirths from now on (barring more future features that use up those resources). Eventually, you may want to have dedicated sets for NGUs/Wishes/hacking, with each rebirth being dedicated to focusing on one of them on top of a small % going into your blood/tm/advanced training.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

pokie posted:

Does anyone here play WAMI? Is it worthwhile?

I played it for a good month - it does some interesting things with the basic mechanics of NGU (Energy cap is a currency you can spend on mechanics, adventure mode item drops automatically raise levels but go to a much higher level limit) but too many of the mechanics eventually didn't have enough automation or got too fiddly and I eventually quit. It has some good ideas but seemed to be releasing content faster than it could be polished.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

ScottyJSno posted:

So I am playing NGU and something weird is going on.

I have been grinding the final Sadistic Wish Accessory Slot. It only has 4 hours 3 min left and has not ticked a second off today while I have been playing at work. It has all my magic/energy/R3. Other Wishes I can watch the seconds tick off but not my 4 hour 3 min Accessory slot. Any Ideas?

This is a fairly common bug with that wish about how the the game keeps track of really, really big numbers - I think it's called a "floating point calculation" error, and your progress is so small compared to what you need that the game rounds your progress each second to 0. You can either pop a potion or wait until your stats are a bit higher to pass it, I believe it only happens at a few specific points in the wish progress bar.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

quick ngu question that's puzzling the bejesus out of me

i have stats

i purchase some adventure power

my base power raises. both my total power and total toughness raise

what is causing this. is it cube-related?

Adventure stats are a multiplier of Attack and Defense, respectively, and have been since the start of the game. It's very, very easy to not notice since A/D isn't very important for most of the game and has many, many factors that cause it to go up.

It's even kind of strange how the stats breakdown shows it, base Power/Toughness increases base A/D but equipment P/T gets it's own entry in "Equipment modifier".

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

How on earth are you supposed to get past Skip the Second? Is it just a bunch of quirk grinding?

This is where I'm currently stuck too, I grinded up to 40 each quirks/hindrance spirits but it's stalling out just before e2,300- did I not grind enough or do I just have to let this challenge sit for a while?

Also, is it always best to buy as many of the most expensive space buildings possible, or is it better to have a more equal number of all the buildings?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

He has said he would add the Cooking feature,

Last I heard he still wasn't sure what the next feature(s) were going to be, but this particular comment was probably a joke :v:

Ineptitude posted:

but all the posts lately has been for his new game so im not sure if there is any ongoing development to NGU.
Would be nice if the game was finished and some of its bigger issues were tidied up before abandoning the game.

NGU isn't abandoned yet, he's just been trying to get NGU-i into a good enough state to push out the door on steam since Kong is exploding now, though I don't think there's an ETA on when focus will return to NGU. It is definitely making sadistic more of a slog to not have any features right now but hopefully it'll be fine when the game is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

nessin posted:

Just as a heads up for Another Chronicle, I took Tamer first because of the summon monster/party theme and it's kind of obvious that is a bad idea if not nearly impossible to complete. Like I'm about to hit Rank 25 but need another 150 destiny to get the Beginner Tamer title and I can't see how to get that much. My only options for increasing destiny are getting 200+ researches for the Orc and Treant or getting to rank 30 to advance the Forest upgrade. Plus there are some other wonky effects, like you lose the ability to make Anchovy Sandwhich, so I've got no bonus from that food nor can I get any. I'm basically stuck grinding for a couple days to level up my Familiar rank a couple times in the hopes that will get enough to overcome the slums dungeon and that opens up more options for Destiny.

I took the warrior school and also lost the ability to get the sandwhiches from farming the first zone, so I think you can only get that bonus from after doing a full resurrection. Just got to the city and working on clearing the first dungeon there, I'll see where I get stuck next.