Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Making the post count go up. Achievement unlocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Have you hit top sellers yet? You were on new and trending yesterday I saw.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

4G going for that boat money. Congrats!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

DACK FAYDEN posted:

https://melvoridle.com/

Someone really liked Runescape. Doesn't appear that they've done anything interesting like a synergy bonus to skills from other skills or anything. Just... grinding.

What's like this, but doesn't suck?

I’m enjoying it for 99ing things. Idlescape is another one but it is more online.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Lone Goat posted:

Synergism v1.01 update is out (EXPORT YOUR SAVE FIRST)

use code for free stuff:: anticipation

Link to patch notes before I refresh? I’m just grinding end game expensive research and runes right now.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...8PAYDnejZyKRLbQ

It's a pretty massive update, lots of end-game content.

I went ahead and refreshed so my anthill can get working. Challenge 8 looks awful. I don’t even have the minimum gold req to finish the challenge on a normal run lol

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Anfauglir posted:

8 is fine, 9 is loving bullshit and I don't even want to know what 10 is gonna be like. Spoiler, in case someone wants to know what 9 is: loving no runes challenge ugh

Ah yeah I meant 9 and can’t count. The ant progression looks like a slow rolling wave of getting OP that will be interesting once it gets a couple more days in.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

On Synergism does the rune optimal reset timer mean for reincarnation or transcendence? I may have been doing a dumb for a long time.....

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I'm not sure I think offerings are tied to transcendence but rather tied to reincarnate. I'm testing now but just reincarnating at optimal offering times I'm getting ~10-12k offerings and if I do the 1842 seconds at transcendence I'm getting way, way less. Are we saying the combination of them TOGETHER is going to make it larger as long as I don't transcend right before a reincarnation? It seems like transcending hurts my reincarnations more than not on a timer instead of a 1e25 power transcend.

I just got the 1e20 ants achievement so I'm going to do transcends for a bit and let a longer reincarnation run.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yes, unless the transcend is within about 5 seconds of reincarnation, in which case, jiggle the timers until it isn't. You get offerings each transcend, so it's way better.

Testing right now but it looks like you want to do your offering timer against reincarnation:

At 1842 seconds:

Transcendence: 2.5k offerings
Reincarnation: 11k offerings

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

In the gear optimizer you can lock items in a set instead of leaving it blank if you want

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Link to that juicy AHK for ant sacrifices to the sun god?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Snagged IOS 9MK9ELAY97ME

Thanks!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

If I buy the steam version of your game SHS can I xfer my IOS save? Screen is so loving small for all the stuff on there.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I enjoyed IdleOn up until about my 6th character and then I bounced off it really hard. It turned into a ton of micro and notes on each character. It is a nice game but more brain power than I wanted to exert. I really liked Idle Skilling and this one didn't disappoint it was just a different kind of game.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

USI:

I'm at Sector 30 right now. When you do a remort, how long do you do your CPU runs? I've been doing them for 4 hours each time I remort, which isn't a lot, and it seems to be doing fine. I'm struggling a little bit with what ship setup to run right now but will try a few configurations today to hopefully push past it.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

DACK FAYDEN posted:

presumably a reset (rather than a retrofit) and having advanced computer lab in a utility slot + using the module/shards for computing

Yes sorry.

A prestige using the advanced computer lab and the Compute tab with basic and advanced.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I think that research is the only way moving forward in progress post 40 but I'm not sure. I need the VP Max and VP Generation to up my levels for more reactor stuff to make meaningful progress around Sector 40.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

dipwood posted:

edit2: I tried to convert all my roads to stone roads and everyone died.

:snoo:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Jhet posted:

Interesting to note, less interesting that it took 3 days to get the smelter blueprint. Can't wait to spend 7 days on tier 2. The drop rates are messed.

Those automated buildings haven’t been a priority for me at silver, starting gold. They’re so slow and I’m in the “early game” upgrade loop where I don’t want to chill and wait. The exception is the charcoal one. I buy redwood logs off the market and let it chew on them for me. Maybe those feel more worth it at the higher tiers?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Shwqa posted:

I got a relatively high level account in that discord that I don't care about. I'll straight up asked what happened and expressed my disapproval. So far no bans or anything.

Terrible thing to have to do on your birthday. Happy birthday tho.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Len posted:

Since the incremental games reddit are still protesting where are y'all finding games?

They have a discord channel but I can't possibly think of a worse place to keep an eye on new games than a chat room.

I might break free. I can smell freedom!!!! Right after this prestige.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I’m still mad they removed thieving so quickly after adding it. No trade chat still sucks because cobalt tools are expensive af.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Youth Decay posted:

The Dodecadragons page now says "DodecaDragons is currently unavailable due to personal reasons. Please respect my wishes to not talk about the game for the moment." Apparently the dev deleted it due to negative feedback? Lame, I was playing that :(

I’m sure the incremental games subreddit is taking this well.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Luckily, it has been uploaded to Github and you can import your save if you want to keep playing.
https://github.com/DemoninCG/DodecaDragons

in Ironwood RPG how are ya'll making money? Farming looks like a decent way to pump out some gold or combat? I'm up to 85 woodcutting but my forging/mining/smelting hasn't kept up and I'm stuck trying to buy obsidian hatchets as they show up, let alone astral hatchets, but the market is turbo expensive. If any of the GOON guild members, which I should probably join, want to set up a trade via orders or something let me know!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

You can see it in the leaderboards also but I think you have to be in a guild to see that.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Sivart13 posted:

gooboo seems like a well-designed game but I'm still struggling to contain my desire to click around between all the tabs looking for small gains rather than just coming back in 6 hours like a sensible person

:same:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

StrixNebulosa posted:

I have the itch to start an idle game again. The OP is from 2019, a lifetime ago, so I thought I'd ask - is the big hotness still NGU? I'm looking for a big long game I can fiddle with daily for a while until I burn out. I really like Orb of Creation, I struggle with Melvor Idle, I put 251 hours into Trimps, and I should probably just buy Idle Galaxy 2 already, that one was fun to beat.

New thread hotness GooBoo idle has a disclaimer it is a years to play game and is still what I’d call beta, open source, and taking up a decent amount of my idle time. It is confusing as gently caress sometimes and nobody knows all the systems to min max your fun away yet.

https://tendsty.itch.io/gooboo

Virigoth fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 1, 2023

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Gooboo has turned into a bottom tier game for me the longer I play it. I might open it up in a couple weeks to see if any balancing has been done. It is too fiddly for a self branded "play it for years" game for my tastes.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Any goons playing Ironwood RPG who can smith a full set of Obsidian Body? The market is dead, Discord isn't getting them filled, and I don't want to waste 2 weeks leveling up Smithing if I don't have to. I can do bar exchange, trade for forging/cooking/alchemy stuff, or gold.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Xerol posted:

I'm one level away from being able to do this with divine level potions so I'll move over to working on levelling that up.

I’ve got someone in trade chat doing the first 5000 for me right now. I’m smelting more bars so I can afford the rest in a trade.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Crell posted:

Want to put up a buy order for as cheap as possible and I can fill 675. I can keep making more if I get some bars. I'll put up a buy order for those

BO up at 168! Put up a bar buyback for those at lowest price and let me know and I'll fill it.

Rynoto posted:

Have got ~25k obsidian bars as well as the levels for it.

I need another 5500 obsidian platebodies and 3500 obsidian shields. Can you do astral forging? I think it is probably still out of my price range but I could do a sword and hatchet.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Crell posted:

Filled it, buy order is up for 5k more bars at 68. That should get 5500 body's with preservation pots.

Bodies are 2 bars each so double it and I'll fill it.

E: filled the 5000 to start

Virigoth fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Oct 18, 2023

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Crell posted:

Done the first batch, put up an order for the total amount you need.

Nice! Thanks Crell! Toss up the 9650 bars and I'll fill it. E: I filled the second 5000 order also.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

baram. posted:

what was the first game with that layout, melvor?

Idlescape I think. Melvor was a clone of it iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Tingus Goose User on Reddit posted:

I am trying to post here since this is the main place I'm seeing people post about this game. The creator of this game has a discord where they asked people to sign up for a focus group. When sending emails for the focus group, they utterly failed to use BCC. Now strangers have my email address, I have theirs, and I've been getting a huge influx of spam email since signing up.

I want to warn others before they try getting involved in the Tingus Goose groups and get their data compromised too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/incremental_games/comments/18hifbw/tingus_goose_data_breach/

Whoopsie Doodle and Unconfirmed but the Goose is on the Loose possibly