Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Eldercain posted:

The stapler is something you'll use in the endgame for a long long time so hold onto it

Is it? I've got it maxed and held onto it, since I'll need it for unlocking The Beast and all, but it really doesn't seem that good? I've never even once equipped it and switching anything for it out now looks like it'll be a downgrade no matter what and I'm nowhere near the end of Normal. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Eldercain posted:

once you can do itopod well

Oh, this'll be my problem then. I'm not really at the point where I get more than maybe 3-4 PP after spending all day idling in it yet, so I'll hold onto it for when that becomes a priority

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The mystery prize is the real reward. You can get AP whenever, but that's only available there.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Speaking of NGU, I'm idling in BDW right now. Nearly maxed by first 200 stat boost (Power); if I transform that into something else (Toughness for this example), does it count as maxing the 200 Toughness boost as well, or do you have to do it the hard way for every stat?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Klungar posted:

You have to do it the hard way, transforming the boost will reset its level to 0.

Makes sense, but still sucks. Probably just work on some challenges for a bit instead then; drop rate in BDW is kinda absurdly bad after all.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The money pit button does turn green when it's able to have gold thrown into it, so there's something colorful there already. It's not flashy or anything, but I think it stands out a lot just from that.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

My favorite update is the removal of the changelog so you can't track what changes the dev could even be bothered to document. :v:

Cinara posted:

So uh, I dunno what is scaling focus, maybe it tracked usage from before? But mine gives 28.58 exp right now...

:psyduck: That's ludicrous. I just had to upgrade it six times to get it go from 0.37 to 0.38!

Which is pretty bad, honestly, not just because that's a lot of hassle for a minor upgrade but because despite that it's still below the old default.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

SettingSun posted:

Arcanum is great and I'm loving it, but would it kill the dev to include a changelog?

They had one a few days ago. It was a week out of date and then it was removed so they could add a second Discord link :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh, did they get rid of the Patreon link then? :v:

If they did, it's back now. Reddit, Patreon and two different Discords! :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

NGU feature request: Filter out perks/quirks/wishes for difficulties not yet unlocked (or make filtering optional, defaulting to filtering out not-yet-unlocked stuff).

Filtering in general would be great (getting to filter out ones you already have maxed would clear things up so much). Getting to reorder... Perks... helps a bit with those, but since there's not really any consistency to difficulty pricing, it only goes so far. Quirks don't even get that much, and are just all over the place.

Even a minimum default order based on difficulty, rather than the weird chaotic nonsense mess they already have, would alleviate it a fair bit I think.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

In NGU, is there something you have to do to get Macguffin Fragments above level 100? The game and wiki tell me there's no cap but they're still stopping at 100 for me and not going higher. My Energy Power Fragment has been sat there for ages now and I just noticed it's stopped because the Blood Alpha spell gave it a bunch of levels and it... did nothing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yeah, it's equipped in a Macguffin Slot. That's why I took so long to notice, I think. It was at level 100 yesterday (I checked specifically because it kept being the one to get the levels every time so I was curious where it was at) and it's still there now despite the Blood Macguffin spell giving it more. I was sorta expecting that maybe the display just stopped at 100 and it kept going internally but that's clearly not it. :shrug:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I don't know what update added the confirmation prompt to Sublimate Lore but it's hella annoying.

For stuff that's like one-time only or a class change, sure, I get that. But why this? It's so dumb

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm at a point where I'm collecting the Spoopy Set and the Jake set at the same time more or less, and I'm not sure which of them I should actually be wearing.

This is also a point where I'm starting to realize VERY shortly the advanced loot filter will become practically a necessity, for no other reason than to be able to get Jake set items without GRB set stuff clogging up my inventory. Which sucks because without spending a single AP and getting the free 50k I'm still only closing in on 70k AP. I'm way too poor to actually buy even the newbie pack, tempting though it's starting to seem, so I may just need to drop the idea of progressing for a while and just suck in daily roll AP until I actually get the advanced filter in like... A few months.

Eh, I haven't spent a cent on it and it doesn't really take that long to get the Advanced Filter by that point. It speeds up a fair bit over time, as well, since the daily slots give better gains the more you do it. On top of that, as you kill Bosses and just get more Energy and Money that silently gets you Achievements. They increase AP gain across the board, but don't worry about going out of your way for 'em. Almost all of them occur naturally.

The first 100k is the hardest part of it, but after you have the filter, get the Yellow Heart, cap that with the Daycare (it'll take a while but it's worth it) and you'll be set for the rest of the game.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I'm coming up on the end of Normal, and am marathoning through a bunch of challenges for the benefits there and yeah, wow. I didn't think it would be that bad, but the 3 minute minimum makes it so much more of a slog. I get that it's there because it's the minimum time before you can Rebirth at all, but for the non-Laser Sword challenges it just kinda doesn't make sense?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Finally finished the last Normal Troll challenge in NGU. Should probably rush through the No Equipment set next, since that's a static difficulty across the board but I have like 15 of those to do. Blind, No NGU and No Time Machine are the ones that I'm putting off the most at this point, though. Blind especially, even though the daycare boosts will probably help out so much as things begin take more than a day to gain a single level.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I feel like, even at 15 minute intervals, Auto-Boost is kinda useless for how long it can take to get and maximize the efficiency of. That it only uses as many boost tiers as there applicable items becomes a problem with it when you'e able to rapidly fill your inventory, so you've still got all of 'em there but now they're one tier weaker. Better wait another 15 minutes to repeat the process but now you have Even More filling your inventory too (presuming you had any space left to begin with). It's really kinda bad and I'm sure there's probably some reason for why it works that way, but I find that it's better to just manually boost things or filter them out wholesale.

Auto-Merge doesn't strike me as particularly great either, but I do appreciate that being useful for maxing levels of stuff in new areas while away for whatever reason. It doesn't have the same issues as Auto-Boosting at least.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Shadowstar posted:

Do you have "Autoboost Recycled Boosts" on in your settings?

......I do now, thanks. How long has that even been there, wow.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

If you don't have it yet, absolutely get the +50% for Yggdrasil's first fruit of every rebirth. It's utterly fantastic and I so regret getting it maxed as late as I did.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Buying adventure stats is apparently really good for rushing through content and like doing speedruns or something. Because that's a thing that people do, apparently.

But yeah, for sensible play it's probably nice but definitely unneeded,.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I was getting that a few days ago, but it worked again after rebooting Steam. Dunno if that was just because it needed updating or not, though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Some things do ignore the cap (Augments and Time Machine are the two that come to mind), and some things don't and that inconsistency bugs me way more.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Ugh, it sucks that there's no good pick for the Krissmuss choice in the Money Pit. The theme hurts my eyes too much to ever use, so that'd be a waste and everything else is such a minor gain that it saves virtually no time and gives zero help. :sigh:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

explosivo posted:

I mean 10k AP's not nothing (I guess depending on where you are in the game) but I chose the IOU because none of the other options meant a drat thing and I also find the theme unusably eye searing and maybe that'll mean something fun down the line :shrug:

10k AP's the best alternative, sure, but it's not really enough to be worthwhile progress to anything (I'm at the end of Normal; working toward Beast v4). Plus with the new Challenge revamp, I did two 24 hour ones and got more than quintuple that in like 8 minutes. :v:

Maybe I'm just being dense here, but... what IOU?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Just maxed the Evilverse set (both the regular and the left/right boots), and I'm still nowhere near getting to the next zone as far as I know. I thought the whole "don't bother maxing it until later" advice was weird at first, but now that I got it done in like 2 days, I find it even more baffling. Maybe I just got really lucky, though? Considering how steep drop rates had fallen for later stuff on Normal, I was expecting this to be way worse. :shrug:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Meinberg posted:

Those colour schemes are not very colour-blind friendly. I cannot read the text on Meh, Decent, or Good cards without leaning in super close.

I am not colour blind, and I still find it hard to read Meh, Okay, Good or Decent in that example. It's just a really bad colour choice on the cards themselves, I think?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

So, is there anyway to get informed of when the Evil adventure areas open up? I already knew when Evilverse did from seeing it on the wiki by accident a while back, but at some point I did get PPPL unlocked. I just didn't know until like right now because the Boss Fight logs don't tell you when it happens. Just kinda have to know or learn by accident it feels like :v:

Granted my Adventure stats aren't high enough to handle it yet, but still.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Cobalt60 posted:

TWO DAYS ???
gently caress I just got to PPPL what do I do to rush for new content o fuk

Hah, yeah, I'm about there as well. A little bit ahead, since I'm currently idling in it to drop-farm gear while at work, but the new stuff seems so, so far away still.

Except the QP Fruit. Very glad to see that around. Now just need a QP Digger to go with it. :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Finally unlocked Hacks in NGU and... good Lord are the R3 upgrades in the EXP store expensive. Even a single point of speed is going to take a couple days to get. :shepface:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Mr. Peepers posted:

I just unlocked hacks 2 days ago. I make 12-15M exp/day

Uhh, stupid question perhaps but... how? I make about 2-2.5M exp a day and I sure don't think I'm missing anything that'd make up that gap.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

pixaal posted:

Do you have 24h fruit, fruit of knowledge doesn't suck and good Ygg / XP NGUs? You seemed to imply you have been ignoring the Evil NGUs, which could be part of your problem. I could be way off base for that part of the game though it's been awhile but I'm fairly certain your around the time that starts to pick up.

Yeah, I have all of page 1 of Ygg at 24 hours, both FoK perks, First Harvest perk maxed and 10M Ygg/EXP Normal NGU and 156 Ygg/3 EXP Evil NGU. I've definitely been ignoring Evil NGUs across the board for now, but that's because they take a ton more resources for about half the gain, and my Magic is usually tied up in Blood production.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

shs' new idle is pretty cool and kinda reminds me of Trimps in a way. It's unfortunate then that it's inexplicably super resource intensive (on my end at least) and has this awful lag when trying to do anything. Not like processing lag, but actual delay keeping up with wherever my mouse is and then it takes a little bit to register inputs as well. Since no one else has mentioned this, it might just be me though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

You can click on the blue bar to make it go faster. This doesn't help if its like 100,000%+ slowdown but it works fine for most things even long before you're supposed to be able to access them

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Just wandered right into another useful glitch in Tour of Heroes. Once you get a Zone Improvement Token, you can use a seemingly infinite number of them until you reincarnate. It just keeps counting down so you have a negative quantity of them, but the prompt to use one never goes away.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Okay, I must be missing something weird here because when you're getting Boosts in that Ordinal Markup game, that part goes way faster when its offline. Like, it said I'd need to wait for ~2 hours to get a single set of boosts, so I turned it off for a bit. Come back and in less than that time it completed a bulk set of 3 (5/6/7 for a total of 18 boosts) giving me a ton more than I was expecting to get in significantly less time. :psyduck:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The last update added the Changelog to the game, along with some other tweaks.

My favourite part of it is that it wiped out the Objectives screen.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

+1 from the Farm, -1 from the Otter.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Just finished the last challenge in Prestige Tree, and it seems to slam into a wall immediately at that point. H/Q gains plateau, B/G slow to a crawl just shy of new upgrades (B at 1257 and G at 598), never mind even beginning to pretend to approach T5 stuff. I feel like I'm missing something here, but I've checked everything and I've got everything I can. Is this just supposed to be a tedious slog at this point, for the first time in the whole game?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yeah, that was the first real slow spot which is pretty good. There was another between Challenge 13 and SP, that took more time to scale (at least in part because I kept getting bored of the constant grind of and BA/M) but I got over that too. Now I'm just grinding out SP for the last couple upgrades and then I think it's just a straight shot to the ending? Nice to have a more recent one of these that's got a specific endgoal at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

This is cute, someone made Candy Box as a Prestige Tree mod https://raw.githack.com/Acamaeda/Candy-Tree/master/index.html

e: not much content tho

This is a neat idea, but that it very quickly requires you to grind out 1e1000 lollipops is utterly ridiculous. It's pretty obvious that they just ran out of content after a few minutes of gameplay and threw up an impossibly high barrier pretending there's more past it, but still.