Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Eldercain posted:

The stapler is something you'll use in the endgame for a long long time so hold onto it
Is it something you ever stop using? I still haven't found a replacement for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That's what the "More playtime!" banner on the load button is telling you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Aurgh thank you for letting me know. I was getting ready to get rid of it for more inventory space. All these random boosts in my inventory on accessories that isn't pure stats, I've been unsure if I need to hang on or not. Wandoos speed + Adv Training speed? (King Circle Amulet) NGU Speed? (Regular Tie)

I don't understand what Respawn does on the stapler?
Wandoos is mostly for pushing bosses to unlock the next feature/zone so it's good if you're doing that but it's also not usually your pain point anyway, plus Advanced Training generally achieves the same thing. Advanced Training itself is also good for breaking into farming new zones and for reducing Wandoos for pushing bosses, but it's also fairly cheap so it's not of high importance and disappears entirely from gear very quickly. They're nice bonuses to have on items that are otherwise good, but they're not chase stats.

NGU Speed is a top tier stat because it takes a lot of resources to cap out your NGUs and they are your primary long-term way of boosting your effectiveness. They don't reset and they have knock-on effects on every other system, so any time you are shaving off them is solid progress regardless of where you are in the game. For instance, I'm 22 billion exp into the game and I've only just started replacing NGU Speed stat items due to being able to max out without them.

Respawn lowers the time it takes for new enemies to appear - I think the base is 4 seconds - and since enemies are first your primary source of loot and boosts, and later your primary source of PP, lowering the time between them speeds up your accumulation of all three. There's only a half-dozen accessories with Respawn and the Stapler is both a very early item and has the second-highest amount of it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

What I do is turn off "Use Major Quest if Available" and leave it idling through minor quests while the major quest bank fills up, and when it does I crank through the major quests actively. I know some other people in the thread don't like questing at all and just leave it to idle through any available quests, but there's no benefit to stopping questing entirely.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

something posted:

I'm sorry, it was just a boss made to set up the joke about the bearded man, and I was not trying to imply the bearded lady was a trans woman or anything, honestly. I see I described the beard/goatee as "gross" though so i did take that part out for the next patch. I hope that's at least better.

edit: I've also changed the pic a bit:

Aurora posted:

i appreciate the change and response. thank you
The forums were making GBS threads themselves yesterday but I just wanted to go back and say how nice it is to have a developer who doesn't immediately poo poo the bed the moment someone asks for their existence to be slightly accommodated.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I also started playing it after the new UI and found it totally fine and comprehensible. Certainly much more so than looking at the old pictures of some nightmare treasure chest.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yeah. I've done that gently caress up as well.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Something, not sure if this is a bug but the money pit Worn Equipment result doesn't work with the second weapon slot.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

comingafteryouall posted:

I'm running NGU in chrome and it seems like it's running significantly worse since the last update. Anyone else experience this or should I be poking around on my computer to solve the problem?
My Chrome just updated and NGU absolutely tanked hard - it's like it's running at half the frame rate it used to.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

what the gently caress is phage lmao
it's a tier-2 prestige currency you get on doing seedship resets rather than blowing yourself up

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Mr. Peepers posted:

OK, before I get too deep into NGU, I need to know: is this a game I can progress reasonably fast in without using too many external resources/guides?

Like Trimps, where aside from punching my poo poo into a perk calculator once a portal I can make satisfactory progress on my own. Not like Realm Grinder, where if I don't look up exactly what 30 bonuses to take out of the 500 offered while also taking into account a whole bunch of other poo poo like gem count and time of day, I can expect virtually no progress.
Yes. I looked at a spreadsheet just when I was starting out to figure out whether I should be buying energy or magic and cap or power, but after a few weeks I gave up on that and just bought whatever felt necessary.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I found that generally at that point I'd get to where I could idle in the zone for a few minutes before dropping to the safe zone and then just keep an eye on it while I was browsing or working to get enough items to throw in the daycare then go back to idling the tower.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

In NGU, I'm currently around the mid to late 50s in Bosses and have ~400XP overall anything I should be building towards atm or is it just grinding XP for idk what?
Beating boss 58 is your next content unlock.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Venuz Patrol posted:

how many ~100 plasmid runs do you do in evolve before it's a good idea to hunker down and aim for space

i've done like 7 runs by now and it seems like crispr mods are paling in comparison to hoarding plasmid to crank up the production bonus
I did maybe a dozen? I play very slowly at work though with no auto or anything so it took quite a while.

Just do it when you want to - you don't lose the option to blow yourself up so if it's taking longer than you want just push the reset. The production bonus effectively runs out at ~500 plasmid so anything above that you might as well put into crisprs until you do a space reset for phage.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

No, those are all features that haven't been ported to the mobile.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Good stink lines on the spacesuit

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

lol if you're some kind of fruitcake wizard farting about with birds and cooking instead of endlessly performing card tricks while mainlining ghosts.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I sold my bed because now I rent myself out to townspeople instead of sleeping.

I agree that there's not enough to do idle-wise with mana.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

^^^: in your minions tab you set them to Active - you need to have Allies Power available equal to their level (5)

broke: buy milkweed to raise butterflies and study nature.

woke: sell all possessions to buy ornate chests and grind townsfolk to buy a castle then swear off wealth forever and idly travel the world reading palms boosting multiple skills at once.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Where the gently caress do you get runestones. I swear to god.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Cinara posted:

Crafting 15
Neat. Time to find out what piece of furniture I can buy for the one extra level.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The game let me ascend to tier 5 without having the right amount of research and now I have 0/0 without the ability to use most of the max research options because they require research. :madmax:

e: whoop, I'm back. I just had to literally grind for a while.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 27, 2019

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

^ You will automatically go back to the adventure if you run out of Stamina, but not if you run out of HP.
Despite its somewhat ambiguous text the Expedient Retreat upgrade does the latter.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I have a Kong-related bug - my beautiful Christmas UI has disappeared.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

something i just noticed my amulet and looty are now transformable. goddamn you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Eldercain posted:

Has anyone done joyless in evolve? What's the reward for finishing it
You get a challenge achievement that's worth more mastery than a regular one.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

my number is definitely above average.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

KazigluBey posted:

Something happened in Arcanum again, this time it's like my dude isn't auto-attacking any more? It feels like it's taking ages to kill even trivial enemies.
When the dev put the spell-list in they also changed it - intentionally or otherwise - so that you only attack with a weapon when you can't cast any of your memorised spells. So if you, like, memorise buffs that you want to keep up during combat or something rational like that, you will cast those on your turn instead of using your weapon to deal damage.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Phssthpok posted:

There's a really cool bug where enchanting Hestia's Charm with life pool adds 4 life to each instance of Hestia's Charm. There's no limit to the number of charms you can get from Hestia's Cottage, and no limit to the number of enchants on each charm. With three of them that means each Blood Gem converts to 12 life. :orks101:
has the dev made them equippable again?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

it was definitely an early sign when he posted to the game's reddit that he was too busy coding to make a roadmap.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

FYI, Arcanum is on Kongregate only now, under a new name:
https://www.kongregate.com/games/lerpinglemur/theory-of-magic

(same game, no new content yet, but that's its new home now)
ugh. oh well, i beat the 10k catacrypts so there's nothing to do anyway until prestige options.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

uh oh, kongregate can no longer find my ngu cloud save?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I signed out and back in and flushed my cache and everything.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Thankfully my chrome doesn't retain local saves due to some third party cookie blocking.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You know I hit that button every single day and totally forgot that actually generated a file on my computer :lol:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Mine broke a couple of days ago with Chrome and I had to restore it from local save.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I would say that running NGU and Adventure will get you a lot more bang for your buck - even at half-rate - than investing in the long-term returns of any of the initial magic options. Pushing bosses very quickly stops being as important as actually being able to do the content they unlock - I think that's even the case when beards unlock - while NGU and PP are two of your most important sources of progress.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If I'm at ~1E26 Adventure stats and want to down Exile v4 whats my best plan of attack?

I've gotten all the Adventure perks/quirks except for Rich Perks III and Rich Quirks II, and I'm all out of any possible Wishes. Am I better to blast rebirths for the MacGuffin (45k) bonus, or just let everything stack up for a few weeks until I get into kill range?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Blind is probably the easiest of all the challenges you've named.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

only the last troll challenge gives a reward and the reward is the boss multiplier is reduced by half while in a troll challenge.