Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Manyorcas posted:

That reminds me! If you're just starting NGU, don't be afraid to do a rebirth that lowers your Number if you aren't really have anything else to do that run. Doing a whole lot of short runs is the best way to get exp early, and you need it very badly. This is no longer as necessary since exp drops in adventure mode got buffed though if you can't/don't want to play that actively.

NGU request: since we're getting sorting options for the Perk/Quirk/Wish screens, one option for those menus that would be really useful is a "filter out completed perks" option. It would greatly reduce clutter, especially on the perk screen.

Also, a sort by total cost rather than cost per level might be nice for a better idea of what the true total cost of some perk actually is. So something like the first McGuffin slot (250 pp) showing before the second rank of energy/magic stats (50 pp x 100 = 5,000 pp total) to better show the relative cost of fully filling out something.

the plan for .427 was to get to that but then i realized it was gonna require some more reworking than i have time for to let you sort + filter at the same time. def. not enough time for my launch this friday. so tl;dr you'll get it maaaybe early sept.

ps: :firstpost:

pps: to any goons who stumble across this post: you can always pm me (4G) on Discord to get access to SUPER SECRET GOONS ONLY CHAT . Just give some proof you have an account here and etc etc.

something fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Buzkashi posted:

I can't find anywhere that you talk about the plan for .427, what's being introduced/changed?

it's in the status updates channel on the discord but the highlights are:

* Further tweaked how the main menu fetches the cloud save on Kong to be more-er gooder-er.
* Added Story for bosses 151-190! This story can only be seen when you move to Evil difficulty. You gotta work for that deep lore!
* Added 40 new boss portraits to go with the added story!
* Fixed Wish offline progress not accounting for minimum-time reduction perks/quirks.
* Added the ability to save your current diggers and to later cap them all with 1 click.

ripped from my WIP patch notes.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Aurora posted:

well, guess no one cares about the weird transphobic bit. i don't really care if the inspiration is 'sideshow attractions', it's always been gross and exploitative

I'm sorry, it was just a boss made to set up the joke about the bearded man, and I was not trying to imply the bearded lady was a trans woman or anything, honestly. I see I described the beard/goatee as "gross" though so i did take that part out for the next patch. I hope that's at least better.

edit: I've also changed the pic a bit:

something fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 7, 2019

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh hey, a new thread. Someday we'll get a new game I want to play.

I'll make it for you in 2020 dw

(joking but also totally not joking)

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
man i wish I was a toilet tethered to a crash test dummy

to not shitpost: ideas were thrown around in the NGU discord about SA banner ads and well i went and bought 3 months of this fella:

something fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 9, 2019

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

pixaal posted:

Where do I unlock robotic unicorn anus trees?

that'll be the next fruit

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

and the claw won! posted:

The challenges are so tedious and unfun though, except troll and i guess laser sword. Everything else about NGU is cool and good though.

:agreed:

that's why i just want to leave them as dead content but i get unrelenting whining to keep adding rewards to the boring-rear end challenges. arghhhhh

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

DontMindMe posted:

So...uhh...NGU question

I see that Yellow Heart boosts AP by 20%. Does this apply to ALL AP gains, including from sellout shop?

Because if it does I made a huge mistake.

EDIT: Oh, well it is only 5% base so not that bad if it does. Also, something you owe me a few favors now.

Yea, it affects ALL sources of AP gain. When you make a level 100 yellow heart that benefit is always on.

And thanks for your purchases! When i get back from my vacay (monday) you can hit me up for the goon gift if you like.

Hint: it's AP

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
i too, was looking forward to some genital adventures

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
hey just fyi I applied for steam finally and got the paperwork stuff done so now i spend the next couple months figuring out how to hook up all the Steam SDK stuff woooooo

PS: decided that steam release will also be Sadistic difficulty update. Expect a couple zones, bunch of sadistic only perks/quirks/wishes, and maybe a new titan.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
how do you even get these pp2 or pp3 points? i'm very slowly trudging along getting regular prestige points and costs go up quadratically so its like level 2 max i can afford in something after a day.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
i don't get it.

should i be able to get it?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm trying to play between two computers on Kartridge, but there doesn't seem to be any cloud saving

right my bad, i forgot to rename the button "backup save" which is just a 2nd layer autosave going off every 30 mins for kart.

Good news is i'm starting work on the Steam version and I really hope i can sort out Steam Cloud saving there!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

The Fool posted:

Most idle game devs are doing it because it's a low-barrier-to-entry genre and it's babies first game. Many times even babies first programming project.

can confirm, am a baby

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Mr. Peepers posted:

OK, before I get too deep into NGU, I need to know: is this a game I can progress reasonably fast in without using too many external resources/guides?

Like Trimps, where aside from punching my poo poo into a perk calculator once a portal I can make satisfactory progress on my own. Not like Realm Grinder, where if I don't look up exactly what 30 bonuses to take out of the 500 offered while also taking into account a whole bunch of other poo poo like gem count and time of day, I can expect virtually no progress.

It's pretty hard to screw yourself over by playing wrong. You might be a bit suboptimal, but i've tried to make it so if you just get upgrades that generally "feel" right to get, you'll get there.

Also, offline progress is very similar to online (only big exception is item drop in regular zones).

edit: oh right, the unlock quests for later Titans can also be tricky without spoilers.

something fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 26, 2019

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Fat Samurai posted:

I have just started NGU.

Is it worth it to farm boosts to level 100 in the stage they appear, or do they keep appearing in later stages as well? I've dicked around a bit in the forest and I've only seen lvl 2 boosts, but I've only killed like 10 things there, so my sample is pretty small.

yo, you better join the discord so you can get into the SUPER COOL GOON CHANNEL :colbert:

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Hi friends

NGU Idle got its store page approved so here it is! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

If you lovely goons could wishlist the game, it'll help the Steam algorithmic overlords push NGU to places to be seen and then I become happier.

edit: also, I have some steam keys if anyone wants to help test the steam implementation. Goons get first dibs.

something fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 28, 2019

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
woah, that was a lot more goons than i expected.

okay to make this easier for me to deliver keys, i'd ask if you pm me on discord so i can keep track of it all. Also note that:

1) It's gonna have WIP builds that may be totally busted at times

2) Any save put into it will not load back into the .427 builds on Kong and Kart

3) I'm really hoping for testing and feedback to come out of your early access plz

given that, PM away on discord!

Ineptitude posted:

To be honest, im not looking forward to sadistic difficulty at all.

Is really the average player so far into evil mode that another higher difficulty is needed?

A pretty small percent, but still surprisingly higher than you'd expect! Also those folks are the ones most into the game, so keeping the bleeding edge content going is pretty important.

something fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 28, 2019

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
quote is not edit

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
lotta goons brainstorming ideas in Discord for the new zones coming in the steam port + sadistic update, and here's what was come up with, if you're interested in the creative process:

(Spoilers for post-exile content ofc)

The Rad-Lands

Head - Cool Shades
Chest - Leather jacket
Pants - Flamin shorts
Boots - Skateboard
Weapon - Nunchuks
Acc1 - Not-drugs (make somethin weird AF)
Acc2 - power glove

Back to School Zone

Head - Dunce cap
Chest - School Jersey
Pants - ULTRAWIDE Pants
Boots - Shoes with Wheels on the Bottom
Weapon - Floppy Elastic Ruler
Acc1- The S
Acc2 - A Walkman

Cowboy-ville

Head - Oversized cowboy hat
Chest - Assless Vest (just a normal looking cowboy vest basically)
Pants - Assful Chaps
Boots - Extra Spiky Spurs
Weapon- The Six Shooter
Acc1 --
Acc2

(possibly two part battle corgi?)

Special 2nd weapon - A 9mm Beretta

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

interrodactyl posted:

How do I get in the NGU-related discord?

The actual discord? there's giant buttons all over the game to get linked to it but here:

https://discord.gg/Hp6KbaS

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
thats the sex number

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Just an odd display bug that happens when you have extreeeeemely low progress per tick in the offline simulator, havent gotten around to fixing it.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
In Outer Space, no one can smell your dickcheese

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

Pixaal, how many PP per kill are you up to now?

I remember when i had just broken 1 per kill you were at 3,5. I just hit 3,5 so just curious how the numbers scale.

For someone probably well overdue for sadistic difficulty to be release, they showed a pic getting 14 pp and change per kill.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Just submitted a build of NGU to steam for review, and now am equal parts :toot: and :ohdear:

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Falcon2001 posted:

Grats! Will we be able to export/import saves from Kartridge over to Steam?

Yep, there isn't any cloud save link between platforms (because both steam and kong frown upon it i believe), but nothing stops from saving to a file on one and loading in the other.

fake edit: oh and you can't load a file back to an earlier build , but common sense should have told you it wouldn't work anyways.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

We really can't mix games like this.

especially since there's Space gear coming up - i actually thought that was what elder was talking about for a second.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Merijn posted:

Grats! Does it have Steam achievements?

it does indeed, about 60 to start. Not a ton of crazy ones, but it can be expanded if i feel like it.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Devor posted:

Congrats!

Do you submit it with a bunch of saves so that they can verify your content isn’t inappropriate?

Or is it just review to make sure it runs on various hardware?

I showed them pics of the most butt-like icons and told them the game says naughty words like poo poo and crap, they did with that info what they will.

They basically check i got the steam api stuff working to their satisfaction and isnt like, a virus i guess.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Pigbuster posted:

The swat team is on their way. Arrested for butt crimes.

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE, COPPERS

edit:

final edit i swear:

something fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 23, 2019

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

KazigluBey posted:

the Space Station 13 school of headdress-design/surgery

the robutt from that story is indeed immortalized in the game, if you didn't know. :science:

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
:toot: NGU got approved for release!

I was able to move up the official release date to October 1, 2019!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

DawnOfMinstrel posted:

I feel like this has been drowned out due to Arcanum chat, but congratulations, 4G!

Gonna grab it as soon as it's there and drop some cash on it.

Thanks, and hey i'm also balls deep in arcanum, it's managed to pull me in more than any other game this year - probably my pick for best browser game in 2019!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
They dont auto advance when doing offline cals yeah.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Your wizard groggily opens their eyes on their four poster bed, slowly realizing their robes are soaking in the blood of their victims. They smile, turn to their side, and happily fall back asleep.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Psst. One day til Launch!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Yep!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I'm open to re-buffing it slightly when i add the exile feature (cause of the reason you just mentioned about it speeding up progress), but I got data from quite a lot of files/feedback from players at around exile v1-2 where they were outrageously overcapped on drop chance even for exilev4 which they couldn't even begin to touch statswise.

Also sorry for ignoring this thread i was running around responding to stuff about the steam launch but YES, it's out on steam! Any kind reviews you goons can toss onto the pile helps me out a lot <3

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1147690/NGU_IDLE/

link is here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Hooray for steam! When I loaded my web game into steam, it reset all of my capped stuff (wishes, advanced training, augments, blood, etc), but that's minor!

There's also a tiny display bug in the settings screen. Probably in web too, but I didn't test:
Changing the R3 color to Green or Gold doesn't update the display to show green or gold as selected. The others do. It still changes the color, it just doesn't show that color as selected.

The cap resetting thing is a quirk i had to add in specifically when you move a kong save to kart or steam. only should happen the once.

your caps are slighty higher/lower when moving the saves over from webgl to .exe cause of numbers and floats and stuff.