Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU

According to the wiki I just got enough stats to autokill GRB. Does autokill give items too, or just the exp from the titan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU

Are there any fruits worth eating right away, or is it better to harvest everything for a bit to get seeds faster?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU

Is there any guidance on prioritizing NGUs/Wandoos

I find myself with some extra energy after the first hour of a rebirth outside of activating fruits and am not sure where the best place to put it is

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Right now my bosses are far enough ahead of my adventure that I have access to 3 zones and a Titan that I can't touch.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

pixaal posted:

Sounds like he should be using a variable designed for big numbers if that's what he's going for. Like BigInt (which is slow, but will certainly allow him to do RNG heavy hit calculations on an incremental game scale). Doubles work but we see the limitations of them with NGU's design, and Realm Grinder shows us what it is to try and go beyond the limits of a Double (you reset everything and do the same thing over only faster!) It's lovely.

You can certainly make plenty of games with a double you just have to be mindful of the limits when you are making the game. Doubles limit the scope but you can get several years worth of updates out of it and really does a game need monthly updates for 20 years? The reason a Double isn't a good idea for IA is that it's been out for a month or so and he's already hit the limits of the variable. Needs a complete recode, either with new variables or scaling down the numbers and growth.

If I were in his place I'd just use the library released by the AD guys: https://github.com/antimatter-dimensions/notations

e: this only goes up to 1e308, maybe this one: https://github.com/Patashu/break_eternity.js

The Fool fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 23, 2019

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

GrossMurpel posted:

Geez that's a lot of barely documented code. Why can't idle game numbers just be a double for the number before the exponent and a long for the exponent?

Most idle game devs are doing it because it's a low-barrier-to-entry genre and it's babies first game. Many times even babies first programming project.

e: I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just that it informs some of the code quality in idle-adjacent projects.

e: and js doesn't have double or long

The Fool fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 23, 2019

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I guess yes, Number is the same as double, it would be more accurate to say that js doesn't have int

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I want to like evolve but I've tried it 4 times now and I keep hitting a storage wall hard and can't be bothered to keep going.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I know most of you NGU players are well past this point, but I wanted to point out how insane the energy bonuses on the 2d set are compared to everything you get before.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

pixaal posted:

you are, you are never going to take that thing off. You did get them from sky and not forest right? Because the drop rate in forest is really low they keep dropping in later zones and titans, you never really go out and farm them they are pretty passive, just don't trash can them.

I took mine off but am still leveling it up.

The accessories from 2d and GRB are far more powerful than the pendant for me right now.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I really like structure in concept, but have bounced off the mid/late game a couple times now

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU - When is a good time to do the first no equipment challenge? I'm eyeballing auto-boost and wondering if it's worth my time yet.

e: unrelated, I finally have all of my basic speed caps down to 1

The Fool fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 11, 2019

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU, minor nitpick: I just reached boss 122, and penguins are at the south pole not the north pole

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU: Is it worth capping lower level blood rituals, or am I better off putting everything in my current best ritual?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I'm not accomplishing anything productive at work today so..

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Whoever said the trickster skills didn't make enough money didn't take them far enough to start robbing banks.

Rolling in the gold coins and gems now.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Klungar posted:

How do I get the ghost writing tree started?

spirit + air

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

What levels? Do you have your tier 1 class yet?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I could be wrong, but I think you need your t1 class.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I made an autocast script, paste the following in to you browser console. I've only tested it with chrome.

code:
// I shamelessly stole this sleep function from the first google result I saw
function sleep(ms) {
  return new Promise(resolve => setTimeout(resolve, ms));
}

// Dislaimer: I wrote this for personal use, so if anyone else uses it and it messes up their game it's not my fault.
// slotNumber, quickslot number of the spell you want to cast 1 through 10
// numberOfCasts, how many times you want to autocast the spell
// castDelay, delay in ms to wait between casts
async function autocast(slotNumber, numberOfCasts, castDelay) { 
    for (i = 0; i < numberOfCasts; i++) {
        console.log("Casting spell in slot number: " + slotNumber);
        console.log("Autocast progress: " + (i + 1) + "/" + numberOfCasts);
        document.getElementsByClassName('quickslot')[slotNumber - 1].childNodes[0].click(); 
        console.log(castDelay + "ms until next cast attempt.");
        await sleep(castDelay);
    } 
}
Example, cast the spell in slot 1 5 times every 30 seconds:
code:
autocast(1, 5, 30000)

The Fool fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 26, 2019

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

SettingSun posted:

Is there a way to automate casting spells?

Nothing built in, but someone posted an AutoHotkey script recently, and I posted a js script on the last page.

My JS script allows you to auto cast anything you can put on the hotbar.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I need a reliable source of bodies, I have a number of actions that let me do things to bodies and their parts, but I haven't found anything that let's me get more bodies.

e: also, what skill gives my the ability to imbue blood stones

The Fool fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 27, 2019

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Gay Hitler posted:

Where is this js script

The Fool posted:

I made an autocast script, paste the following in to you browser console. I've only tested it with chrome.

code:
// I shamelessly stole this sleep function from the first google result I saw
function sleep(ms) {
  return new Promise(resolve => setTimeout(resolve, ms));
}

// Dislaimer: I wrote this for personal use, so if anyone else uses it and it messes up their game it's not my fault.
// slotNumber, quickslot number of the spell you want to cast 1 through 10
// numberOfCasts, how many times you want to autocast the spell
// castDelay, delay in ms to wait between casts
async function autocast(slotNumber, numberOfCasts, castDelay) { 
    for (i = 0; i < numberOfCasts; i++) {
        console.log("Casting spell in slot number: " + slotNumber);
        console.log("Autocast progress: " + (i + 1) + "/" + numberOfCasts);
        document.getElementsByClassName('quickslot')[slotNumber - 1].childNodes[0].click(); 
        console.log(castDelay + "ms until next cast attempt.");
        await sleep(castDelay);
    } 
}
Example, cast the spell in slot 1 5 times every 30 seconds:
code:
autocast(1, 5, 30000)

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Interrupting the Arcanum talk, I got my first Uug kill this morning after a 9 day rebirth. I might have been able to do it on day 7 but have been distracted by Arcanum.

No-Equipment challenge is next

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU Steam: Are the Steam achievements supposed to have parity with the in-game achievements? If so, I'm missing a couple.

Also, in Steam the boss 200-301 achievement icons aren't red

e: otherwise fantastic job and I'm uninstalling kart and never looking back.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

GrossMurpel posted:

4G posted his income numbers for the first 2 or 3 months after he released on Kong in the last thread. You'd be staggered just how many people buy premium currency stuff.

I dropped $5 earlier today because I wanted the 1/2 boost timer

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

mdxi posted:

Or do you have to have enough money in your steam wallet before the buttons will work?

In windows if you don't have enough balance it will prompt you to add funds.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Eldercain posted:

I think it's around the beard wall of I'm remembering discord chat right. Even then you're up to 10h as fruits become important to progress

24h rebirths started being really useful for me right around the time I was able to autokill Jake. I feel like that's where the scales tipped in exp gain from titans vs bosses. Prior to that I was doing regular 1h rebirths.

e: I just got my first uug kill last week for reference

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I need to go buy a lottery ticket. I got 85500AP on Friday and the consumables jackpot this morning from the wheel in NGU.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Not just cybernetics.

I totally want to kill a talking pig titan, rip out his heart and replace my own with his.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I started NGU and am kind of liking it so far, though I kind of am in a small holding pattern of grinding keys/number drops so I can get those bonuses unlocked and move on to clockwork/maxing the GRB set

I kind of want to start the challenges but how low should I be with the basic training costs before that?

I had my basic training low enough that during my first basic challenge I got all but the last one down to 1.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

play on Steam, and energy cap/magic cap is probably the more efficient investment at that stage

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the stars aligned and I maxed out looty mclootface, the red liquid, the pissed off key, the scrap of paper, and half of the jake set in the same day

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Anyone know how to change your name in NGU Idle? The name that appears over your character when fighting bosses.

In steam it appears to come from your steam profile, I think Kart was the same way

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

loving Mega Lands

Wait until beardverse

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I had to buy the "1/2 Auto Merge and Boost Timers" before I really felt like it made a difference.

But otherwise yeah, the improved loot filter is A++

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Auto-Merge is more useful now with inventory merge slots.

I don't have the same issues with Auto-Boost anymore, but I currently filter out all but my top two boost levels. I realize that's not the most efficient because those filtered boosts don't get recycled, but it's the trade off I made to solve the inventory problem described above. At least they're still getting applied to my cube.

e:

Shadowstar posted:

Do you have "Autoboost Recycled Boosts" on in your settings?

I was unaware this was an option.

The Fool fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 14, 2019

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Gay Hitler posted:

This is great thank you.

Wheres the option that let's ngu run minimized or in a non active tab? lol

Steam or kart

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

It's called Parallels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NGU: I having to setup a new computer and don't have my old computer. I was using the Steam cloud saves with no issues, but having just installed NGU on the new computer I just see a message saying "Fetching Steam Cloud, on moment..." but nothing ever happens. Anyone have any suggestions?