Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
The Final Earth 2 is a short and sweet incremental. No real idle or rebirth mechanics, but travel time is fun to optimize.

Wasteland Scavenger - postapocalyptic survival idle game. Short, with both win and loss conditions. You have to alternate between collecting food, water, and supplies until you find enough people to dedicate some full-time to each. It's possible for your people to die if you do not manage resources well. You need multiple people for a completely self-sustaining loop, but it's probably possible to win with just a single person left alive.

Heart of Galaxy: Horizons (fullscreen link) - 4x idle game, gets impossible to manage the trade routes without tampermonkey scripts. Great paradigm shifts when you unlock technologies that enable new resources on old planets. Offline progress limited to 1000 minutes.

Idle Loops - simulation of creating a script to play an idle game. Lots of interesting paradigm shifts for such a small set of core mechanics. It has an ending. Offline progress limited to 80% speed (but set the "offlineRatio" javascript variable to change that).

Clickpocalypse 2 - dungeon crawling idle game. A few years old, but discussed here recently. Most of the content consists of unlocking new classes and completing challenges and achievements. Offline progress limited to 12-16 hours.

Quepland (fullscreen link): Fantasy adventure game with skills and crafting. Under active development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

Something about NGU just doesn't quite grok to me atm. Maybe it's being sorta forced to keep progressing on a reset to keep number not going down or the amount of time (about an hour atm) I have to wait for get my Basic stuff up to speed to get wherever I was previous in order to keep level.

Yeah, NGU is not really about making the NUMBER go up. It's a temporary stat that you can always get back if you lose it. There are also lots of permanent stats that are more satisfying to work on.

Most progress is in the form of unlocking new zones where you can find new items. Sometimes NUMBER is the bottleneck to get to new zones, and you need to build it up overnight to get past one more boss. But sometimes you can get more attack/defence power faster by ignoring NUMBER and doing several short rebirths to get EXP to spend on permanent energy/magic/stat increases.

There are several ways to increase each stat, and they usually multiply together, so you are encouraged to try lots of different things.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Stone Story RPG is a semi-interactive adventure game made entirely with ASCII art. Many challenges require you to intelligently respond to different enemy types by changing equipment or using potions. But if you craft and equip a loadout that can let you survive indefinitely in a level, it becomes an idle game. Then long-term gameplay emerges where you figure out how to farm specific zones overnight for the crafting materials you need to break into other zones.

Later on, you unlock a scripting language to automatically perform the actions that had been manual, and it becomes fully idle-able.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

Neat. Time to find out what piece of furniture I can buy for the one extra level.

You can raise max Crafting with actions :q: crafting gems, not furniture.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

nothing is more important to a wizard than the depth of their lore

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

http://www.lerpinglemur.com/arcanum/

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Finally, a fantasy game that lets me roleplay as a murderhobo

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

There's a really cool bug where enchanting Hestia's Charm with life pool adds 4 life to each instance of Hestia's Charm. There's no limit to the number of charms you can get from Hestia's Cottage, and no limit to the number of enchants on each charm. With three of them that means each Blood Gem converts to 12 life. :orks101:

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

mycelia posted:

I must have finished it just before he pushed that update. You get fuckall from finishing it, but I did manage to pick up some ebonwood wings. I'm kinda sad because I was enjoying trying to speedrun different classes to check out their exclusive stuff, but now that I've got all the halloween equipment I don't want to get it again.

If you want to speedrun different classes, here's a tier0 save with all the halloween stuff.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Kongregate just loads games in an iframe. You can usually open that in its own window and bypass all the chat and microtransaction stuff.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I kind of want to start the challenges but how low should I be with the basic training costs before that?

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

NGU: butts bar bar when?

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

No "lol"?

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Unity can compile for Mac OS. I think I can get the compiler to run on travis-ci.com so that somethingggg would just need to upload the source code and download the build.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Skynet Simulator

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

How do you beat the goblin?

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

The challenges with no rewards are a good way to kill time during quarantine.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

I finally got a whole page of foil cards

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

I was stuck around 53 mana until I realized I could put multiple clones on the same mana vein.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

I renamed resource 3 to "EM" so more items would enhance it.

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Questing is always relatively slow unless you manual quest every day.

There was a post several pages back describing a good questing strategy. If you get the upgrades from various sources that make a stack of 100 quest items count as 50, and make every quest take exactly 50 items, then you can use auto-merge slots to accumulate instant-hand-in stacks for major quests. It's half the speed compared to doing major quests manually, but it takes no attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

uPen posted:

Never dropped a game faster than Bitburner than when I finished the tutorial and it went "We know this looked like a cute Exapunks style 'coding' game but actually you can just use javascript."

I played through Bitburner with both its custom "netscript" language and with javascript, and the most fun I had was figuring out jailbreak bugs in netscript.