Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Outrail posted:

Imagine having turkey based heart palpitations every thanksgiving before you've even eaten anything.

A 6 foot turkey would be terrifying. Kid dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey what the gently caress? Tim (Joe Mozello) was Paul Deacon in Bohemian Rhapsody? Wow, nice! Totally didn't recognize him.

Lead in The Pacific, as well. A friend's brother knows him and sent her a photo of a movie-quality velociraptor model he has in his house.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

MageMage posted:

So any theories as to why the Jeep's were able to be repaired in Jurassic world?

I think it's because Gerald Harding survived for years there.

Because it was in the script and moved the story forward (I didn't see the movie).

I'm reading Dinosaurs Rediscovered: The Scientific Revolution in Paleontology by Michael J. Benton on the recommendation of someone earlier in the thread, and I'm really enjoying it. He even has a chapter on Jurassic Park.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Per the text, a velociraptor is like a 6 foot turkey...

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Jurassic World Evolution is on Steam sale until the 23rd, FYI.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Wouldn't that be ground for a libel suit?

The guy he wrote about would have had to argue in court that he had a small penis (seriously): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_penis_rule

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

As I think about it, wouldn’t Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy take the trophy for literary pettiness? Didn’t Dante work like dozens of his contemporaries into myriad circles of Hell?

Yes. In the notes from the Musa translation, he covers how tons of people he hated were named or implicated to be in Inferno and Purgatorio, especially several Black Guelphs and Ghibellines, and especially Pope Boniface VIII.

I also have a hypothesis that a modern Dante would have been redpilled since *Abloo Bloo Bloo* "Beatrice doesn't notice me" and he tends to run away crying a lot when he sees her (La Vita Nouva).

The North Tower fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 25, 2019

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

I mean that's less redpill stuff and more that it was really popular to have an unrequited "love" at the time dante wrote that. Something about unobtainable purity or somesuch.

Yes, yes, courtly love, love from afar, and all that stuff about love as pure as one would love God.

Let me have my fun and imagine some 4chan poster being Dante’s modern incarnation and writing a 14,000 line poem about the slut girl who didn’t want to gently caress him.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Didn’t he also write one of his critics into one of his books as a pedophile or something?

Also forgot to add Michelangelo painted Biagio da Cesena as Minos in his Last Judgement, complete with the ears of an rear end and a snake biting his dick. Being a petty person has a long history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

I know I'm overthinking things but I've always wondered what would actually happen if you put dinosaurs millions of years and eras apart into the same ecosystem like Jurassic Park does. Like what chance does a Jurassic Period sauropod have against a superpredator like a T Rex? There were giant sauropods in the Cretaceous but not many in the Rex's hunting range. Or in reverse how would an Allosaurus get along hunting Ceratopsids, like that Battle at Big Rock short film? The movies never really talk about how this artificial ecosystem would struggle from what are essentially dozens of invasive species all competing with each other. As a theme park that's fine, but in the wild on Isla Sorna or now the mainland I'd really like to see how the ecosystems adapt or fail to adapt to new species.

Life would find a way, friend.