Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I couldn't make it through 30 seconds of the trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

yeah I eat rear end posted:

can we take a moment to admire this guy's hat (only picture I could find of it no idea who the dude on the left is):

is wearing your hat like that actually a thing or is it only in post-apocalyptic anti-christian outlaw biker gangs?

I went to Concordia Language Villages for summer camp for a few weeks when I was a kid. There was a kid in my cabin that always wore his baseball cap like that. He looked like an idiot and we told him so constantly.

Then one day, we all got cycling caps with German colors on them. You know, the ones where you usually tip the brim up. He refused to tip up the brim and kept it down instead.

He was a weirdo.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Pastry of the Year posted:

LOTTO: A MODERN DAY TALE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxc-hJ5sB5A

I've had this movie sitting on my hard drive for years and I have not been able to bring myself to crack the seal

Pretty sure sharing this with people is against the Geneva Convention. Holy smokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg_t3y3zoMQ
This is basically babby's first LARP session, plus Kevin Sorbo phoning it in soooo hard. It's a kickstarter movie that spawned 5 sequels because it did so well, I guess? I watched it with my sister and it was an absolute drag, but apparently I'm just not the target audience. The characters are all jerks (because that creates conflict and conflict is interesting, right!??), the world is almost literally just the DnD handbook, the writing is clunky and full of cliches. 5 stars! So if you like bad fantasy movies, this is like a goldmine.

On a similar note, but more fun, there's the 2000 Dungeons and Dragons movie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SnA2rv4ros
It's really bad, but my wife loves it. My favorite bits are: Jeremy Irons just devouring all of the scenery in sight, the elf knight lady with this extremely polished, form-fitted body armor with a perfectly sculpted belly button, and the sub-villain's periwinkle blue lipstick.

Another bad movie that I love is Slipstream (1989)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX6r9zXVOk8
My sister and I found this at the local 99 cents store way back. The film quality is pretty bad. It's set in a world where some kind of techno-apocalypse caused the world to be covered in a heavy windstorm, so a lot of scenes have tons of wind-noise, making it really hard to hear a good chunk of the dialogue, which may or may not be a selling point. It's got Mark Hamill and Bill Paxton, showing up for a paycheck and not much else, and brief cameos by Robert Coltrane, Ben Kingsley and F. Murray Abraham. It was directed by Steven Lisberger, who directed Tron. So imagine Tron without the groundbreaking special effects. It's too bad Hamill and Paxton didn't deliver better performances, I really think the corny plot and dialogue in Tron is saved by Jeff Bridges and David Warner performances (and the distinctive look of the film), and they could've done the same here.

What makes this film memorable is Bob Peck, who you may remember from Jurassic Park. Bob Peck plays an android named Byron, as in Lord Byron, being hunted because he killed a man for ~reasons~. Somehow Bob Peck sells it. He's [i]mesmerizing, he just absolutely commits to the part. It's like flipping a switch- every scene where Peck is speaking, you're watching a serious drama, and then every other bit is a sci-fi flop from the 80s. After we watched it, I wanted to see what else he was in because he was so drat good, and was sad to discover he died back in 2000 from cancer. Shoot, I haven't thought about this movie in years, I should check out some of Peck's other roles.

You can watch the whole movie here

Zonko_T.M. has a new favorite as of 18:55 on Aug 30, 2019

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Quote is not edit! Whoops!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

friday night plans: officially sorted

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

just a couple minutes in and velocipastor is amazing me already with their special effects

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

overall review: it's a way to spend $7.99 and an hour and 10 minutes of your life

a very good way, to be clear

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I've got to say, where pureflix really suffers is in the talking animal movie category. I put on "The Dog Who Saved Summer" and it's just kind of lame. So far this isn't even christian-themed. In fact the dog is named Zeus, which imho is more blasphemous than pure for a flix.

i mean come on they don't even use bad cgi to make the dogs' mouths move. It's just a voiceover. These dogs are not talking!

this movie is offensively bland. I thought you were better than this pureflix.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Sep 1, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

i mean come on they don't even use bad cgi to make the dogs' mouths move. It's just a voiceover. These dogs are not talking!

If it worked for Look Who's Talking Too, it'll work for The Dog Who Saved Summer :colbert:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I mean, OK, all the stars were there including people from hit show "dog with a blog". They clearly spared no expense in casting. but honestly, this dog shouldn't have needed to save summer. It wasn't his fault summer was ruined, it was the other dog. And he certainly shouldn't have the burden of foiling a diamond heist on top of winning back the love of his family.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Jaws 1 was awesome. Jaws 2 was a worthy sequel imho.

Jaws 3 and 4 were awful, with the third one being worse than the fourth. But I still like them both.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

wesleywillis posted:

Jaws 1 was awesome. Jaws 2 was a worthy sequel imho.

Jaws 3 and 4 were awful, with the third one being worse than the fourth. But I still like them both.

my favorite is the one with the shark that explodes when touched by the tip of the boat and also it roars. I think that was the fourth one. I remember 3 not being too terrible except for how dumb the "shark is hunting our family specifically" plot was. e: maybe all of what i'm talking about is from 4, it has been a while since I watched it

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 13:51 on Sep 2, 2019

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I enjoy Jaws 3 more than 2, stupid lingering 3d scenes and all.

Slow still shot of jaws ramming into the glass is hilarious.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

just a couple minutes in and velocipastor is amazing me already with their special effects

I wasn't sure if that was edited for the article, but holy poo poo that was the actual scene?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Schubalts posted:

I wasn't sure if that was edited for the article, but holy poo poo that was the actual scene?

Yeah, it's on the screen for a good 20-30 seconds too. I was worried they'd use that gimmick for every special effect for the rest of the movie but fortunately they had some restraint.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I realise the movie could pretty much never be made, but it annoys me that VelociPastor doesn't work as well as VelociRaper.

Ooh, VelociRapper could be a kids' movie with MC Hammer as the voice of a CGI rapping dinosaur.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Sunswipe posted:

Ooh, VelociRapper could be a kids' movie with MC Hammer as the voice of a CGI rapping dinosaur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOQ7bqtRLC4

he's too busy working on his music career apparently

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I recently acquired a copy of 1982's 'Q: The Winged Serpent', starring David Carradine, Shaft, and that guy from Law & Order. Honestly it looks amazing, can't wait.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nCE3xpqBNdM

And look at this loving poster

Imagined has a new favorite as of 04:51 on Sep 3, 2019

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Orca was a pretty awful movie.
Basically trying to half rear end rip off Jaws, but with a killer whale instead of a shark.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

My month trial of Pure Flix is about to end and I feel like I haven't scratched the surface on their "properties". I'm going to spend 11 dollars to be a paying member of this movie service and I am sure I will not regret this.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Imagined posted:

I recently acquired a copy of 1982's 'Q: The Winged Serpent', starring David Carradine, Shaft, and that guy from Law & Order. Honestly it looks amazing, can't wait.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nCE3xpqBNdM

And look at this loving poster

David’s gotta have that top billing for sitting in his armchair and muttering drunkenly for five minutes.

Behind Maslow
Apr 11, 2008

Evil Toons (1992)

Trailer: https://youtu.be/J7othu6spYY

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0099524/

A group of hot girls are hired to clean out a house. They find a book that looks like the necronomicon. They read from the book which releases a cartoon demon. Said demon sexually assaults one of the girls, morphs into her, starts to kill the others who often get naked. Oh, David Caradine is there too.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I watched "wolf warrior 2' the other night

It's super RAH RAH CHINA LOVES AFRICA propaganda film

Decent enough action flick but the fingerprints of the Chinese government are all over it. It's ridiculous

It literally shouts at the screen "China and Africa are friends" multiple times and ends with saying to the audience

"If Africa ever needs our help, then you can have it because we are friends"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The first movie is just as bad with the bad guys being American mercenaries (and by American I mean they're lead by Scott Adkins, a British actor.)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

muscles like this! posted:

The first movie is just as bad with the bad guys being American mercenaries (and by American I mean they're lead by Scott Adkins, a British actor.)

There was a subtle dig later on in the film saying how the American forces we nowhere to be found when they were needed

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
Anything by Andy Sidaris is going to be terrible, but Hard Ticket to Hawaii has a special place for this scene alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAaPeMMJLgs

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

CombatBonta-kun posted:

Anything by Andy Sidaris is going to be terrible, but Hard Ticket to Hawaii has a special place for this scene alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAaPeMMJLgs

Hard ticket to Hawaii is amazing , and the end sequence with the harpoon gun and the dude breaking through is a scene of surprising quality I'm a film with nunchucking blowup doll assassins

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Behind Maslow posted:

Evil Toons (1992)

Trailer: https://youtu.be/J7othu6spYY

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0099524/

A group of hot girls are hired to clean out a house. They find a book that looks like the necronomicon. They read from the book which releases a cartoon demon. Said demon sexually assaults one of the girls, morphs into her, starts to kill the others who often get naked. Oh, David Caradine is there too.

I don't know why the "this dude is RUDE!" tagline is cracking me up every time I look at it but it is.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't know why the "this dude is RUDE!" tagline is cracking me up every time I look at it but it is.

then you'll just love this screen capture from the direct-to-video F.A.R.T.: The Movie (1991), fully half of which is dedicated to a guy farting and laughing while he watches TV shows about farting, including this stand-up by The Rude Dudes:

edited to add the video box art

note: I have never made it all the way through this despite several attempts over, like, ten-plus years of having a lovely VHS rip of it

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'm still not convinced the N-headed shark attacks movies count as "terrible movies", but...

I used my work from home day today only partially because Syfy was doing a marathon of these (3, 5, and 6 headed shark attack) and it really made me think, seeing them back to back like this. When the shark can get you on land too, it makes things a lot more complicated, but you would think even considering that, running directly into the water and trying to outswim the shark would be your last resort. And yet the characters in every one of these movies does this like all the time. See a boat 1000 feet off from shore? Run off the island and into the water. The boat motor stalls in the middle of the ocean? Jump in the water. See the shark swimming toward shore? Walk into the water and tell people to check out this whale.

Stop going into the water.

And stop just chopping off one of the heads! In the first one it was forgivable, Danny Trejo didn't know what would happen after he spent like a solid minute whacking at the middle head with his machete (seems kind of an impractical tool to bring on a boat, by the way), but the people in the sequel should know you have to keep chopping. It would be a bit of a stretch for the shark to regenerate after finely dicing the entire thing.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I thought pureflix would be an endless source of entertainment and didn't even mind that I paid 11 dollars because I forgot to cancel. Now I am definitely canceling. There is just too much bland garbage to dig through, and not entertaining garbage. Biker gang apocalypse movie series? Great. 2000 movies about overcoming basic marital problems through christ? I can't do it. Sorry pureflix.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I rewatched cat in the hat the other night

It's really interesting to see how much that didn't stick the landing and how it fell flat

To juxtapose, I recently watched STALKER and had an enjoyable time with it

Cat in the hat takes 40 minutes to get onto a major theme of the cat's box leaking into reality and warping it, but it frenetically bounces off the walls with sub plots (mother's party, boy is mischievous and must behave, mother's boyfriend is a prick etc) to distract you in those 40 minutes.

And to it's strength it has an incredibly strong visual design that honestly isnt bad for a live action Suess film.

While STALKER, A movie often called slow, has a setting and a story that includes evading the police in a sort of hide and seek style and gun fire in the first 20 minutes or so. Admittedly having read the book STALKER is based on I was far more prepped for the mood of the film.

I read a quote that stated something like "STALKER challenges you to be bored" and I think that's a real good way to put it. The shots are long and earthy but subtly tracking or drawing focus. Contrasted with Cat in the hat's frenetic colour and editing style.

I definitely enjoyed cat in the hat more than I expected but I couldn't quite pick the audience. I have a few young reletives spanning from 3 to 8 and I don't think they would have enjoyed it. The humor was almost always to adult for kids, but the visuals were honestly a touch disturbing ( or just unpleasant) for the younguns.

An odd film worthy of study of what not to do

And interesting

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

To celebrate thanksgiving and my dad coming up to visit, we watched Thankskilling, about a rude as all heck murderous turkey. It's hilarious (albeit very crude) even when you're not drunk, which puts it in a pretty esteemed category in my rankings of terrible movies.

The part where the turkey wears the sheriff's face after brutally murdering him and the main characters carry on as if nothing is strange about this is my favorite part. I haven't laughed that hard since Velocipastor.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Anybody else delving into shovelware Christmas movies for the season?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Anybody else delving into shovelware Christmas movies for the season?

I kind of wish I hadn't canceled my Pureflix subscription last month (after forgetting to cancel my trial and paying for 2 full months). I bet they have a treasure trove of terrible christmas movies.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Tubitv.com has a strong showing, and it's free. Highlights from my watching so far have included Christmas Trade (2015, a father/son body-swap with William Baldwin as the dad), Christmas Tail (2014 romcom with dog drama), and Monster & Me/Santa & Me, which is about a mean girl getting turned into a monster by Santa, to teach her a lesson. Becoming a monster entails having a unibrow, four facial boils, messy hair, and blackened teeth.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Has anyone watched A Karate Christmas Miracle yet?

munce
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107668/

Nemesis (1992)
Directed by Albert "Cyborg" Pyun
Alex, a burned out LA cyborg cop, is forced by commissioner Farnsworth to find his former cyborg partner and lover Jared who's about to deliver sensitive data to cyborg terrorists who wish to wage war against humans. Is he being played?

I wanted to tell this terrorist that I had given a lot of though to what she said back in LA. About whether I was more machine than human. I wanted to tell her she started me thinking. I really wanted to tell her all this. But she was dead. So instead I, I sat there listening to the sound of approaching jet engines. The kind of jet engines that LAPD used in their vehicles.

Hello we are the LAPD

Business cyborgs

and so on

Everyone is a cyborg

Its a pretty bad movie.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
The sequels are kind of amazing for how loose they get with the plots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

munce posted:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107668/

Nemesis (1992)
Directed by Albert "Cyborg" Pyun
Alex, a burned out LA cyborg cop, is forced by commissioner Farnsworth to find his former cyborg partner and lover Jared who's about to deliver sensitive data to cyborg terrorists who wish to wage war against humans. Is he being played?

I wanted to tell this terrorist that I had given a lot of though to what she said back in LA. About whether I was more machine than human. I wanted to tell her she started me thinking. I really wanted to tell her all this. But she was dead. So instead I, I sat there listening to the sound of approaching jet engines. The kind of jet engines that LAPD used in their vehicles.

Hello we are the LAPD

Business cyborgs

and so on

Everyone is a cyborg

Its a pretty bad movie.

I watched this minutes ago and unironically loved it

Want a modern remake