Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Jaws 1 was awesome. Jaws 2 was a worthy sequel imho.

Jaws 3 and 4 were awful, with the third one being worse than the fourth. But I still like them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Orca was a pretty awful movie.
Basically trying to half rear end rip off Jaws, but with a killer whale instead of a shark.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

My brother got me "The Hebrew Hammer" for my birthday a few weeks ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hebrew_Hammer

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm going to try for next weekend.

Whats it like?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

wesleywillis posted:

My brother got me "The Hebrew Hammer" for my birthday a few weeks ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hebrew_Hammer

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm going to try for next weekend.

Whats it like?

Watched it last night. It was....... satisfactory.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Pastry of the Year posted:

Am I misremembering things based on a handful of standout memories, or were there a rash of "weird, horrible child" movies in the 90s?

There was "The 'Good' Son" with Macaulay Culkin.
he wasn't good

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

muscles like this! posted:

Its been forever since I've seen it but isn't the premise of Problem Child just "Hey, this kid's an rear end in a top hat!"

Well, he's been returned 30 times what do you expect?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Has anyone watched The Boogeyman?
Thats the movie that the SA paywall has scenes stolen from.
Its got to be good, it has John Carradine in it.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

The first one definitely did.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I forgot about this movie until recently, but "Terror On Tour" is pretty awesome awful.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081619/

I had it on VHS I think back in the 90s after buying it used from a video rental place.
Basically, its a band called "The Clowns", and one of the members (or maybe its a roadie?) likes to kill groupies. As I recall its because they're sluts or something.

FRom IMDB:
A rock band called "The Clowns" comes under suspicion of murder when several prostitutes are killed by individuals made up like members of the band.

Sounds about right from the last time I saw it.

Memorable line from the movie:
A prostitue, or groupie or whatever, just gets boned by one or more members of the group before the killer shows up.
She sees the killer, who is dressed as a member:

:biglips: Are you next?

:chef: (whispering) No.... YOU'RE NEXT!!

:biglips: aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhSADFG<EARV:QTEP{BQE:PNT<!!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

On the subject of awful movies. I'm probably going to watch both jaws 3 and 4 in the not too distant future.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Well I watched Jaws 3 (D!!!) last night. Even though this had better box office returns, I think its the worst of the four.
There was a few things that made me think 'why the gently caress did they do that'? or 'How the gently caress could that actually happen'? Like when a 35 foot shark was somehow able to turn around in a tunnel that was probably not more than 15 feet in diameter. Or why the poo poo did that guy make so many dumb rear end decisions? Money, I guess is the answer to the second question, but still what the fuckin poo poo?
But gently caress, I dunno. I guess its just a crappy movie that still made money.

Comments about Jaws THE REVENGE!!!!1 coming up soonish. Maybe tomorrow if I can stay away from the pub tonight.

E:
I also noticed a guy in the movie had a shirt that said "let a gargoyle sit on your face".
I thought that was probably some sort of sexual reference covertly slipped in there, but apparently its just an ad for Gargoyle Sunglasses.

Never heard of them, but maybe they were popular in 1983 or something.

wesleywillis has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Sep 19, 2020

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

^^^Yeah, the one in the Sea World.

Watched Jaws THE REVENGE last night. It was pretty crappy, but I guess I still like that poo poo. Jake was probably my favorite character, though Hoagie was up there too. The version I have on DVD is the one where the shark blows up after being impaled in the broken bowsprit of the boat they're in. There was another version of course, where the shark just dies or whatever. But explosions are cool I guess.

One thing that always annoyed the poo poo out of me is that people are always like PLOT HOLE, OMG JAKE GETS EATEN BY TEH SHARK AND THEN HE'S ALIVE AGAIN WHAT THE poo poo!!??
I remember the version where he's not found floating in the water after they kill the shark. But anyway, is it really that much of a plot hole? The shark bites his rear end and takes him away, but then spits him out a few minutes later. He's wounded but not dead. Jaws wasn't trying to kill him, he just got in the fuckin way. And like Jake mentioned earlier in the movie, Jaws probably just prefers white meat.

In one shot where he's in the sharks mouth, being taken away under water, you can still see him struggling, so he's obviously not dead immediately.

I remember when I first saw the movie, it came out in 1987 and I think I had the hots for Judith Barsi. We were both the same age, but her dad was crazy and killed her. :(

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I guess they aren't straight to video, but I wish they'd gently caress off with the Fast and Furious sequels.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians was just on. I missed it, but thats a pretty good, awful movie.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I love it, but its kinda bad.
Detroit Rock City. From 1999. Some kids in a KISS tribute band will do anything to go and see their idols at a show at Cobo Hall in Detroit in 1978.
Part of it was filmed at Copps Colliseum in Hamilton ON. I was in the crowd as an extra during filming, it was kinda neat being there.
The movie is pretty silly at times, but gently caress it. I like that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

We came from Niagara Falls, and even called first.
They were all like asking us what we were planning on wearing, and I remember saying something like "jeans and Generic Kiss shirt, not something that says like 'Kiss tour 1984 or whatever'". After all, the movie was suppose dto take place in the 70s.

We went there, signed in and took seats in Copps Colliseum and sat around for hours, while the band played Detriot Rock City like 10 times. The crowd grew impatient, and people would leave. After enough people left, they would ask us all to move over to (whatever section) so that it looked as though there was still a full crowd. Also they were very much "hey there fans please gently caress off with the laser pens" because they didn't exist in the 70s and of course there were a few incidents where someone was shining one in the eyes of one of the band members. We left before they were finished for the night and I don't know if the final cut from the movie is the one where me and my friends were *actually* in the crowd at that time or not, but I like to pretend.