Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of bad sequels, did you know that they made an entire series based on the Statham Death Race movie? Confusingly enough "Death Race 2" is actually a prequel about the guy who was Frankenstein before Statham, played by Luke Goss who ends the movie horribly scarred and about to run the race that kills him at the beginning of Death Race 1. Actually that's not true because Death Race 2 did well enough that they made a sequel to it (while still being a prequel to the Statham Death Race) and so they retcon the end of Death Race 2 so that actually Luke Goss Frankenstein is fine and he is replaced by Dougray Scott who they just dress up as Frankenstein and he's the guy who died at the beginning of Death Race 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I found pure madness on Prime Video. "Bruce Lee and Chinese Gods" (Note I don't think it actually has Bruce Lee in it) an animated movie from Taiwan(?) made in the 70s. IT IS COMPLETELY BONKERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HG1zZ9Sin4
Also it is on Youtube.
Check out the opening which for some reason has explanations of all the characters, in German.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ultraviolet is goofy because they cut out an important plot point so the story ends up not making sense (becoming a vampire is supposed to drastically shorten your lifespan which the movie never actually mentions so it seems like there's no drawback to being infected.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The first movie is just as bad with the bad guys being American mercenaries (and by American I mean they're lead by Scott Adkins, a British actor.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its been forever since I've seen it but isn't the premise of Problem Child just "Hey, this kid's an rear end in a top hat!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jestery posted:

What the gently caress.was "The Snowman"

I've never seen a movie be bad like that before

The director came out after it was released and said that they actually forgot to film like 20% of the script. Apparently the issue was that they didn't have a ton of time for filming and stuff just slipped through the cracks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

In Cowboys and Aliens Harrison Ford goes "What are they going to do, buy something?" when he's told about their plan. But yea it being a Scientology text explains a lot. The villains are Psyklos, which is meant to be Psychologists, because El Ron hated them. Also has an slave Alien Race the Chinkos, because El Ron hated Asian people.

Also the Psklos were all evil because every member of their race got their heads messed with by psychologists to remove their morals. There's one "good" Psyklo (the one played by Forest Whitaker in the movie) and he's only good because it turns out he was secretly born outside the system.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aginor posted:

Stephen King's Cell is possibly the worst film I've ever watched. How can a movie with John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson be so bad? But I soldiered through it because I'm a hero.

The book was no treat either. Like the part where King just randomly kills a character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Isn't Eugene Levy in a surprising number of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They just announced that after the next one there will only be two more for the mainline series. This will bring it up to 11 total.