Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Same, plus this role is lovely to play, plus I hate playing town since I suck at mafia.

This is going to be an interesting post:

##vote 2 penny bottle imp
##vote Amnistar
##vote Anomalous Amalgam
##vote Bernstrike
##vote GulagDolls
##vote Leith Maclaine
##vote Mr. Humalong
##vote Mr. Steak
##vote Nep-Nep
##vote Podima
##vote Sandwolf
##vote Squiggly

I'm a Lighting Rod variant, based on voting.

I misread my PM for day 1, and thought that I was targeted instead of them, but it's actually that I'm targeted BY them.

So I sent the message to (someone TBD if I will claim), and it got redirected to Gulag.

For proof, it was "If Gulag gets copped N1, the result is unreliable".

My thought was that if Gulag got copped (likely), it'd hit me instead and return town.

So let's see what shakes out tonight now that literally every action is hitting me.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Yes, every action is hitting me tonight

Either I broke the game by stopping the NK or I’m dead

Original posts on LR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwolf posted:

Podima do not be so certain that Paul is town. Having a town or scum lightning rod with limitless boundaries is a little OP to me. That’s why I don’t trust all this lightning rod crap, I think he was manipulating the truth just enough to keep it consistent.

Paul what item do you have?

That's a fair point, noted. However, Paul has now been rolecopped AND copped on top of sending a very townie message yesterday, so unless there's some kind of wacky rolegodfather situation in place I firmly believe Paul is town.

Sandwolf, why the need to check Paul's item vs. confirming your role with the part that makes the moderator post something?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m not saying I don’t think Paul is a lightning rod. I think the extent of his power is not factual.

Pod I already confirmed the second part: imp didn’t have anything on him because he was a lover death, not a NK

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I want Paul to independently confirm the item because it’s a way of now confirming the people Nep saw actually visited Paul or not.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
One of the people who visited me tried to kill me unless im misunderstanding the results there also i think there is something not right with the LR. Something is muddled here.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Sandwolf posted:

I want Paul to independently confirm the item because it’s a way of now confirming the people Nep saw actually visited Paul or not.

That's true, if it's not the item paul has, then the back-up took over the bus driver role...soo...good answer.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote gulag

You were serious about trying to blow my head off weren't you?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

One of the people who visited me tried to kill me unless im misunderstanding the results there also i think there is something not right with the LR. Something is muddled here.

No one should have visited you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Paul was all ready to go at deadline and then immediately disappeared

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

Hell, no one should have even been *able* to visit him

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
There could be an answer in my favor:

Inside Access: each night, you may select another player and review their HR file.

But I was tracked to visiting bern, so I should be watched visiting Paul since I got his results.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

There could be an answer in my favor:

Inside Access: each night, you may select another player and review their HR file.

But I was tracked to visiting bern, so I should be watched visiting Paul since I got his results.

I'm not clear on what you're saying here? Can you restate this in another way?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Pod was able to confirm that I did visit Bern, so even though the flavor says I go to the HR file, it still counts as visiting another player.

So I am trying to figure out how I am not on Nep Nep's list if it got redirected to Paul, since I got Paul's HR File.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
there is only one way to settle this

Janken

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Amnistar posted:

Sandwolf posted:

Hell, no one should have even been *able* to visit him

Incorrect, Paul was able to visit AA to send a message as confirmed at start of day. (He didn't self-vote, after all.) However, I don't want to go down a rabbit hole of Paul somehow being a murdering lightning rod messenger - again, looking back at the message Paul sent Day 1 to me (that got busdriven to Gulag) about how he thought his role would affect any cop results on Gulag (again, based on a misunderstanding at the time that is logically consistent) that feels very townie to me. I can go quote the posts to recap, but agree with Sandwolf that checking Paul's item is a logical first step.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Podima posted:

Incorrect, Paul was able to visit AA to send a message as confirmed at start of day. (He didn't self-vote, after all.) However, I don't want to go down a rabbit hole of Paul somehow being a murdering lightning rod messenger - again, looking back at the message Paul sent Day 1 to me (that got busdriven to Gulag) about how he thought his role would affect any cop results on Gulag (again, based on a misunderstanding at the time that is logically consistent) that feels very townie to me. I can go quote the posts to recap, but agree with Sandwolf that checking Paul's item is a logical first step.

Paul did not vote for himself so he wouldn't be lightning roded to hiself.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Paul did not vote for himself so he wouldn't be lightning roded to hiself.

oh you called that out ><

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Water bottle

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Water bottle

and your full role name?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar posted:

and your full role name?

I did claim Gossip already, but that result is correct-ish. Precinct Gossip (Variant Lightning Rod).

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Paul ReiserFS posted:

I did claim Gossip already, but that result is correct-ish. Precinct Gossip (Variant Lightning Rod).

This missing is pinging me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Water bottle

consistent with what I received

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

But the presence of Precinct, which wasn't talked about prior is a wierd inclusion for someone making up results....

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Safe to assume everyone Nep visited then was also on Paul. Is Leith scum??

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Reaching out to Mod to make sure a certain word was not accidently left out of my results.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Precinct makes me believe his claim, but yeah variant was definitely in my role PM

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bern/Nep-Nep/Pod as remaining scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Could be Squigg instead of Pod.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It was AA that I targeted (pre any kind of resolution) and seeing myself was apparently an error.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Nep-Nep posted:

It was AA that I targeted (pre any kind of resolution) and seeing myself was apparently an error.

I thought you would see yourself unless you mean error by redirection issues?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hrm...alternative scum team would be paul/leith/???

I am not sure on this one. But I like Bern for scum so,
##vote bern

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why don't you say exactly that you're talking about.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Amnistar posted:

Bern/Nep-Nep/Pod as remaining scum.

hey. what is wrong iwth your reads. all of them.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

also, scum didn't kill last night.

##vote squiggly

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

why don't you say exactly that you're talking about.

I did. You tried to kill me didn't you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

also, scum didn't kill last night.

##vote squiggly

I don't buy this. I'm p sure scum tried to kill me unless you want to also claim vigilante

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

People being more quiet than not right now should probably be murdered

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

maybe you should figure out how your role works first. also unless you think I can visit two people at night and/or are scum with nep..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

I thought you would see yourself unless you mean error by redirection issues?

I never had any expectation I would see myself. Being on my own list of people seen visiting was an error.