Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
steak got a bit mad that humalong and gulag basically caught him out about hum’s alignment, because to him that was being chased for the wrong reasons. it super frustrating as scum when that happens

then Pod blew up his deflector claim. Steak had hard bussed against pod before that, I don’t see him going that hard against a scumbud

ergo I think hum, pod and gulag are town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Any idea where he’s coming from?

Nep-Nep posted:

I am not immune to the lightning rod

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
AA I think saw which way the wind was blowing and put a vote on steak earlier, notwithstanding that a bunch of people had already unvoted steak,
and that AA was pushing me early saying that my vote on steak was unwarranted or whatever

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Leith and AA for scum imo I’ll expand on this once I eat

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

You've been lowkey pushing me for the majority of the game even before any claim. This feels like you trying to establish a long term narrative. Let's keep in mind you p much drove the lunch on tuppence and when he claimed something not easily lunchable you pivoted onto Dancer who just so happened to be 3P.

You don't exactly look great, and hiding behind your mechanic posting is a great cover for you to continue leading town.

This post is interesting because it echoes something I thought very early where town could be just sitting around jilling off while scum pod led the discussion making himself trusted scum, but I don’t see how town would think this after pod blew up steak’s night claim

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

scum not withholding does reinforce the idea that town watcher real

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Mikujin has corrected my rolecop results to be Precinct Gossip (Variant Lightning Rod) but he will not post it in thread directly.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

scum not withholding does reinforce the idea that town watcher real

*withholding kill

brain is hurt

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nep-Nep posted:

Leith and AA for scum imo I’ll expand on this once I eat

Kinda second guessing myself now. I'm perplexed as to what it means that I did not see Lieth last night. I need to go over n1 again and everyone's discussion about that.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm perplexed as to what it means that I did not see Lieth last night.

It means that either your or Lieth are lying?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Gotta admit, the fact that Nep isn't pushing Leith hard makes me reconsider my idea that Leith is the scum of the pair.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Amnistar posted:

It means that either your or Lieth are lying?

I'm trying to work out "can it mean something else?" Since carelessly jumping to the wrong conclusion could be a big problem. I'm town, and Lieth is town and vote him out, that's likely going to lead to my execution too.

I find it weird that given how many people thought I was scum that Lieth didn't immediately flat out call me a liar, vote for me and attempt to persuade others too, and I'm not sure if that is town being equally cautious about this, or scum deciding it isn't worth it to push me right now.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I'm very confused by it also. If Nep got everyone who visited Paul, then she should have included me since I got Paul's results. Maybe the order of actions mattered.....

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith visited Paul - "confirmed" by results corresponding to paul's role.

Nep visited paul - "confirmed" by sandwolf, whom nep saw, visiting paul and getting back the correct item.

You both, from your own perspective, successfully visited paul and got back valid results.

The fact that Leith doesn't show up in Nep's watch list means there is a lie going on.

So, sinc leith and nep are both, for some reason, acting incredibly scummy bout this whole situation, what is everyone else's thoughts on which of the two is lying.

So far, I have the following:

1.) In order for Leith to be lying, they have to either be a brilliant guesser to know it'd be Precinct Gossip, or Paul is also scum.
2.) In order for Nep to be lying they either need a role that is not nightkill as scum, or Pod is a liar.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The main thing giving me pause is that Leith posted a result before I did, and I don't know why a scum Leith would do that unless the scum team thought the lightning rod was a bluff, because if it's real then of course I'm going to post a result counter to Leith, and then his time is ticking down at that point more or less. Already being down a member, I can't see why they'd go for that. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scum may have been afraid of lightning rod so used rolecop just to find out more info, I can definitely see Leith for scum, Nep Nep just forgetting that as scum feels just like, too dumb

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Yeah I’m way more toward scum rolecop but that means Nep is lying then?

Lieth’s alignment wouldn’t change Nep’s result

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Unless Nep is scum, or scum have some sort of ninja ability thing

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The only other possibility I can think of is that Leith and one of the people I did see are both scum and swapped their role claims. Podima claimed tracker variant and confirmed Leith's n1 action, but never specifically stated having chosen to track Leith. I sure did misremember that until I read over that again just now.

Basically I just can't think of an actual explanation for what I saw vs what was claimed with a town Leith, so there's my vote.

##vote Leith

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I think there is something else going on because as Amnistar pointed out earlier, with a multi lightning rod and a mass claim, Paul could just freeze everyone and then we could have a stalemate. Paul could unfreeze one person at a time and see what happens and win that way. Etc Etc Etc.

I know that mine and Nep's results show a conflict and of the two, I obviously not Nep but I believe there is something else going on.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
or we could stop playing night action bingo and play some gosh darn mafia

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

What is interesting is that I did target AA, and I got lighting rod.

I think Nep Nep's results are VERY off.

Nep,

How do you explain that I am the one that pointed out we had a conflict? Would I do that and take the risk of exposing myself or just lie low?

There is something else going on, what that is, I don't know.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Bernstrike posted:

this. ignore leith/nep

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bernstrike posted:

you know that won't happen

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Podima posted:

I mentioned it before but I'm posting a poo poo ton atm so here it is again:

I have role confirmation that Birb was visited last night.
Leith is the only one who claimed to visit Birb.
Leith and Birb's claims around the rolecop stuff confirm that Leith knew Birb's role, further verifying that Leith visited Birb.
If Leith and Birb are scum together then the scum rolecop wasted their N1 action on a scumbud... why?

Ummm, Pod,

How did you confirm that I visited Birb if you are a tracker?

Tracker should have tracked who I visited, not who visited Birb.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

The results you are describing would be appropriate to watcher.

Tracker would have tracked that Leith visited Birb, not that birb was visited by someone.

Leith Maclaine posted:

Ummm, Pod,

How did you confirm that I visited Birb if you are a tracker?

Tracker should have tracked who I visited, not who visited Birb.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

##vote Podima

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##unvote

Mikujin just pinged me to note that I should have seen Leith. Mystery solved

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Did he say anywhere he targeted birb and not you as a tracker?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep-Nep posted:

##unvote

Ughhhhhhhh

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

##unvote

epic

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

Did he say anywhere he targeted birb and not you as a tracker?

Dec 24, 2019 13:56

I have role confirmation that Birb was visited last night.
Leith is the only one who claimed to visit Birb.
Leith and Birb's claims around the rolecop stuff confirm that Leith knew Birb's role, further verifying that Leith visited Birb.
If Leith and Birb are scum together then the scum rolecop wasted their N1 action on a scumbud... why?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Nep-Nep posted:

##unvote

Well, that would explain that. Glad I didn't vote for you.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sandwolf posted:

Ughhhhhhhh

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Its my second role ability, and the same reason I didn't take a targeted action last night (or N1). I'd prefer to keep it under wraps because it's extremely good for catching scum in lies, but I'm also happy to claim it if people truly feel it's necessary on the balance alongside my play thus far.

Regardless - I'm still happy with a vote on AA. While I unfortunately don't have role based evidence, the claim and gameplay both feel suspect as others have pointed out today. ##vote AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Its my second role ability, and the same reason I didn't take a targeted action last night (or N1). I'd prefer to keep it under wraps because it's extremely good for catching scum in lies, but I'm also happy to claim it if people truly feel it's necessary on the balance alongside my play thus far.

Regardless - I'm still happy with a vote on AA. While I unfortunately don't have role based evidence, the claim and gameplay both feel suspect as others have pointed out today. ##vote AA

"I've got a great ability to catch scum, but this guy is scum because I said so, and others have said the same without much real reason or mechanic to substantiate."

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

"I've got a great ability to catch scum, but this guy is scum because I said so, and others have said the same without much real reason or mechanic to substantiate."

Sounds kinda like you’re afraid of it tbh

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Nep-Nep posted:

##unvote

Confirming this. I was distracted with boxing day shenanigans and told Nep-nep he saw himself instead of Leith by mistake. Woops.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Anomalous Amalgam (2): Bernstrike, Podima
Squiggly (1): GulagDolls
Leith Maclaine (1): Amnistar, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Podima (1): Leith Maclaine
GulagDolls (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Bernstrike (0): Amnistar, Amnistar

Not Voting (6): Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, Paul ReiserFS, Sandwolf, Squiggly

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 29th, 2019 at 4 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days, 20 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Okay, okay