Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

Sounds kinda like you’re afraid of it tbh

I fully welcome it so we can put the matter to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Mikujin posted:

Confirming this. I was distracted with boxing day shenanigans and told Nep-nep he saw himself instead of Leith by mistake. Woops.

Thank you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I fully welcome it so we can put the matter to bed.

Who do you think is scum

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I guess if nothing else that also confirms my role, weird way to get there though

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
##unvote
Oh good, okay. so now the question is, do we beleive that AA wasa targetted by an un-redirectable NK last night.

If so, then one of the following did it:

Pod / Myself / Bern / Squig / Paul

If not, then scum were afraid to attempt the NK because they were worried their night action showing up to the watcher would contradict their claim, or their claim would be proven to be false.

I'm gonna reread AA to see how their interaction with steak actually ran, but I'm inclined to agree that this works out.

Lightning Rod Suggestion: Hit up everyone but the role-cop.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

And Rolecop should hit one of the people that we haven't confirmed their claim actually works.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Alright, not seeing the Pod case at all. Pod tried to push from Dancer to Steak and AA calls them out on it. Weird to me that now AA is saying that it was a soft bus, when before he was using it as evidence of trying to avoid a specific lynch.

It's odd to me to see a push against Pod because "Dancer is a scumbro" during the dunk of Dancer, and try to shift the vote from Dancer to Pod. It would make more sense to see the dunk through, aand then use that as further evidence that you should go after Pod based on the flip.

At the start of the day, immediately starts to push against analyzing night actions, and then, "thinks" that he was the target of a night kill.

Yea, I can buy this as a scum gambit to save themselves after night action bingo pushed the into a corner.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Willing to vote AA, witholding until Paul comes back around to set-up for whatever LR stuff he wants to do tonight.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mikujin posted:

Confirming this. I was distracted with boxing day shenanigans and told Nep-nep he saw himself instead of Leith by mistake. Woops.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i think squiggly's secondary ability, besides being able to hide, is that he can kill people at night. and his third ability is voting amnistar. fourth ability unknown

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

down for Squiggly or AA

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also don’t LR me Paul I can confirm my crap separately and my power is pretty nards. Ooh someone’s got a fuckin’ tchotchke, how fun

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Dec 17, 2019 7:30 PM GAME START
Podima makes one joke post.
Then lightly pushes gulag for his unwarranted flavor denial, possible counter claim.
Cautions Amnistar very early on for revealing item flavor. Sounds a bit suspicious in hindsight.
Another Joke.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
1st Unwarranted Shade Toss:

Podima posted:

If you could cop someone N0 who would you have copped?

My choice would be AA because I typically read his derangement as scummy regardless of actual alignment and it'd be nice to cut that Gordian knot. Second choice is Amni because I don't know how they play typically well enough to make judgment calls.
A rude meta take that feigns content very early on in the game when he’s been offering pointed advice in jokephase to Amni and light pushing of gulag.
[6 hours later begins pushing 2 penny]

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Presses gulag for his vote on birb while beginning to mount some light suspicion on Dancer.
Votes squiggly for lurking: I initially thought this was a good call out and showed some solidarity on the stance, but by the next morning he explains that it was only to call out Squiggly and returns to his push on 2 penny, while also calling out Sandwolf for their own vote.
He lightly presses steak for an opinion on Gulag/Myself.
Then he does some weird gulag defusal with 2 penny

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
And continues here with Paul
Then he makes a pretty hypocritical post in my opinion:

Podima posted:

To be very clear - I still firmly disagree with 2penny's assertions, but the fact that there's clearly some kind of internal logic behind them helps.

The stuff being called out about Gulag is no worse than any other Day 1 shitposting, and I'm skeptical of people who are using it as an excuse to not meaningfully comment on other things.
Which seems weird because he’s pretty much just been pushing 2 penny and soliciting other people’s opinions.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
He pressures Nep and Paul further for jumping on Bern and then tosses more shade my way saying I was shitposting, when I had initially placed crumbs and had some fun but played ball when asked. I think that’s a bull poo poo take, and I’m not going to say he was forming a narrative about me. I think that was really the point of this soliciting of opinions, and light shading of several players, making a trail of something to look back while singling me out for mostly innocuous and overblown reasons, especially so with the reveal of my claim and his own going back and identifying the crumbs in the flavor.

It is unfortunately not as solid a claim as 2 penny’s or tommu’s, but seeing how they flipped onto Dancer easily when they really found no initial suspicion of them is indicative of aggressive hunting. Push a narrative long enough, when it loses its viability jump to whatever town is pushing.

I feel like Podima is leading us by the nose, and while I too don’t have proof to substantiate my feelings like Pod, I can at least offer you a glimpse at the continued weak pushes on players while soliciting other’s opinions and playing behind a wall of mechanics and data dumps to continue leading and looking useful.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
He briefly votes squiggly again, but then moves his vote back 2 penny within the hour.

Then offers a defusal on Amni when Amni made the lie detector test with bird.

I do agree that the lie detector push on Amni was for bad reasons, but again I take it more of an example of Pod trying to push the thread back in the direction of his push on 2 penny be it a basic scum tunnel or what have you.

Then as I’ve already pointed out makes several more posts pushing 2 penny until the claim at which point he jumps to Dancer after pretty much dismissing it previously.

Then tommu dies at night. It’s pure luck that it also doomed 2 penny.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think he made a bus swing onto steak around deadline just for distancing, because it was a period of 23 minute between voting steak and switching back about 3 full hours from deadline still.

Dramatic [url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896200&userid=157116&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post501032716[/url]]vote on steak[/url] early the next day

Unvotes 32 minutes later with a one line gut feel from [url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896200&userid=157116&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post501033440[/url]]Amni[/url]

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think he made a bus swing onto steak around deadline just for distancing, because it was a period of 23 minute between voting steak and switching back about 3 full hours from deadline still.

Dramatic vote on steak early the next day

Unvotes 32 minutes later with a one line gut feel from Amni

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
my second ability doesn’t do anything (it’s something like people don’t know me but they will?) if I had to guess it might be similar to the stupid newbie role

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Votes Steak then unvotes in the same minute.

Then Steak melts down and thanks podima for a good game. Doesn’t actually revote steak but posts the hammer flag for 2 penny.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

assigned cop at birth

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Begins next day hammering hard on my claim early on and reinforcing his suspicion on me.

I think he's making an easy push based on my claim. I do feel that my protection was popped and that a scum kill some how ended up targeting me whether it be a 2nd redirector or some other undisclosed mechanic. I feel like this has been staged and Podima hasn't actually really been all that helpful lunching scum. His kind of fake call outs on steak and then unvoting him at -2 looks real suspect. I feel good about this vote. I made my crumbs early and deliberately. I claimed my actions and support any and all investigations.

I cannot kill tonight as it is now an odd day, but if I live and Podima lives to the fourth night. I intend in full to kill him.

##vote Podima

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GulagDolls posted:

assigned cop at birth

lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The fact that he vote unvotes steak twice for p much no real reason when he himself have laid down other reasons to vote steak looks p telling to me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think one of, or maybe even both of, Amni and Gulag are scum with Podima.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nice meltdown

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

Nice meltdown

no rebuttal, scum?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Nice meltdown

That's not exactly a melt down, officer.

It's what you might call police work. You'd recognize it if you weren't a dirty IA rat trying to interrupt good officers and detectives from doing their jobs.

Nice job getting caught, rat.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

no rebuttal, scum?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nice case. too bad you forgot to make it on squiggly, the confirmed bad guy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

nice case. too bad you forgot to make it on squiggly, the confirmed bad guy.

Where did this happen?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

steak told me

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I give AA credit for a pretty good desperation effort when he knows he's owned and has been since the day he was delivered into this miserable world, but he's ignoring one simple question that other people have pointed out already:

If I'm scum, why do I do this?

Podima posted:

Steak is lying, he's a busdriver who busdrove me and Gulag N1.

I can often be found with a toothpick, Gulag received the message intended for me.

##vote steak-n-scum

The alternative is to let Sandwolf drive an execution on Gulag for "lying" about his item, you may recall. People who aren't AA can read from here on to see the context: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896200&pagenumber=28&perpage=40#post501058039

---

Anyways AA is scum. I agree completely that the right move here is to have Paul vote everyone but Leith (including himself if he feels sassy), THEN vote AA out and have Leith rolecop someone suspicious. Everyone who isn't scum with an active ability should withhold, so the Watcher can tell us who acted if scum stop being cowards and do a NK. Reminder that the following people have their roles functionally confirmed:
- Leith (Rolecop) - confirmed by two successful rolecops, can withhold
- Squiggly (Hider)
- Nep (Watcher) - mod confirmed, should not withhold
- Paul (Lightning Rod/Messenger) - confirmed by your mom last night, can withhold the message
- Sandwolf (Flavor Finder and will confirm himself) - should confirm himself via making the mod post a thing
- Bern (Backup - already rolecopped) - was rolecopped by Leith already

That leaves the following:
- Podima (Beat Cop (Tracker)) - will not take a targeted action
- Amni (Brutal Roleblocker) - confirmed to target Squiggly N1, has freely claimed the brutal part of their role which counts in their favor, should withhold
- Gulag (Bodyguard) - should not withhold
- Humalong (Alignment Cop) - should withhold

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

humalong should be allowed to cop

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Hello friends

I went home for Christmas for the first time in 5 years and I've been a bit busy. Drinking mainly

Haven't read anything and won't until Saturday earliest as that's my flight. Hope you all have had a happy holidays as well!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Squiggly posted:

Hello friends

I went home for Christmas for the first time in 5 years and I've been a bit busy. Drinking mainly

Haven't read anything and won't until Saturday earliest as that's my flight. Hope you all have had a happy holidays as well!

this is a p obvious scumslop, you can guess why before I wake up tomorrow

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

So obvious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

humalong should be allowed to cop

ACAB