Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ACAB (I’m in)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Squiggly posted:

Filling up fast

Faster than most nights in Avengers binch

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I’m gonna bow out for now, may rejoin in the future after some work travel if it hasn’t started yet.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I was summoned back to this game

I’m ready to beat my wife and shoot minorities

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 17, 2019

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

you would be 16 and fill it

How dare you break the thin blue line of my edit

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

it's Avengers all over again

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I’m town for the first time in literally at least 6 years woohoo

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

GulagDolls posted:

I am a reverse miller.

So you’re a godfather? :bustem:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Podima posted:

Claiming this stuff unprompted is really dumb, it's clearly there for a reason.

ok mafia dad

i'm not claiming my thing though

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Roleclaiming Black Panther again I see

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

GulagDolls posted:

weird + forced

:thunk:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I was calling your posting weird and forced so it’s ironic that you called someone else that

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

GulagDolls posted:

##vote paul could be

Lmaomgus

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Dancer posted:

This does not feel like a vanilla game. I don't think VT exists, and imagine how hard it would suck for someone to show up in a game full of powers to be told "hey so not only do you not have any power, you're also a Miller, have fun xoxo" :v: .

This screams scumpost to me unless Dancer is new

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

White noise setup spec, overexplaining a soft claim that allows for a lot of possible future claims

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Because I wasn't clear before, Ill lay out the reason for my vote and why I sustained it;

Right at the start, Gulag said he was reverse miller. And I don't like early fakeclaims like this on principle as it muddies the water; crap in the beginning provides flexibility for breadcrumbing nonsense later on.

Eventually Gulag complained about AA doing the police chief thing, which in my head was a similar concept to his fakeclaim. Leaving aside that the reverse miller may have been a joke (again, I don't care for that type of early chatter)... ehhh it just struck me as hypocritical. Then yesterday Gulag omgus!'d 2 people, so my vote remained.

If consensus is just that the reverse miller thing shouldnt be given any weight, then I could change my vote.

I'm on board for this tbqh -- phoneposting last night so wasn't very verbose. I don't know Gulag's meta (but it sounds pretty shitposty) and I hate meta defenses, so he's posting weird pseudo-claims and OMGusing for no reason and being very "weird and forced" and that's enough for me in the context of everything that's been posted thus far.

I need to be very deliberate with my voting this game, instead of my usual willy-nilly, but ##vote Gulag

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bern -- can you clearly explain your lie detector thing, and whether it's shitposting or not?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Podima posted:

This on the other hand is not good, why are you focusing in on Gulag here and giving flavorposters like AA and Birb a pass? (Though I do see you're prodding Birb about the lie detector.) It's weird to double down on Gulag when the post you quoted is explaining how they might be open to backing off.

I'm also not a fan of the WELL MY VOTING WILL BE DELIBERATE, it feels self-conscious.

AA is flavorposting and hasn't made any contradictory claims or accusations. I'm not focusing on Gulag for flavorposting.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Podima posted:

To be very clear - I still firmly disagree with 2penny's assertions, but the fact that there's clearly some kind of internal logic behind them helps.

The stuff being called out about Gulag is no worse than any other Day 1 shitposting, and I'm skeptical of people who are using it as an excuse to not meaningfully comment on other things.

Writing it off as shitposting is easy and the type of meta defense I don't like.

He's counterclaiming AA without making any counterclaim, he's being OMGUSy for no reason.

Intentionally introducing conflict and ambiguity is scum behavior.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Posting an opinion list seems ridiculously premature and posture-y IMO.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Podima posted:

How does this jibe with this:

Getting opinions out there is townie, you're making calls and taking stances to be analyzed by others.

Do you disagree with AA's list? If so, what do you disagree with on there?

The content of the list is irrelevant, but I think at this point in the game, when a plethora of people have had 3 content-less posts, listing your opinions on every player is not actually providing valuable information.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar posted:

"I'm not going to participate in the game day 1 unless something comes up that is clearly defensible later on in the day"

Yea, definately happy with my vote.

That's A Yikes From Me

(agreeing here)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

:goofy:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Nep-Nep posted:

This is a nitpick in isolation but combined with other points in your posts others have brought up it bothers me that you feel like you can plan on enjoying AA being alive when town has no way to know who scum will target

[b]##vote Leith Macline[b]

I'm on the fence on this being an actual scumslip. But it's a good catch.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bernstrike posted:

lie detector was 100% legit confirmed and not just some gifs from the wire, anyone who disagrees is not keeping it 100 imgay style

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

And I don't like you.

Leith's post is literally self-defense for something nobody is attacking him on (yet)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Bernstrike posted:

if you’re town you’d have nothing to worry about

I have nothing to worry about.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar posted:

People I think are not town:
Bernstrike - The lie detector reads as bullshit to me, and it's too much bullshit as a town for me to accept. Especially sincce they're re-inforcing thata it's not joking around.

Bernstrike posted:

lie detector was 100% legit confirmed and not just some gifs from the wire, anyone who disagrees is not keeping it 100 imgay style

:thunk:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar committed the same sin of a bullshit wish-washy opinion list that I gave AA grief for. Calling Bern's post "re-inforcing" is the closest thing to an outright lie I've seen thus far. Their Podima vote and backoff was bullshit of the highest order.

Amnistar #2 to Gulag on my vote list.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Please lie detector the following:

You guys are idiots.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mr. Humalong posted:

Gee, how strange that the smooth-brained, infantile scum team killed one of the confirmed town. Such a brave and controversial choice of night kill from what is surely a real think-tank of arable geniuses.

Time to look back and see if one of the knuckleheads that talked about their items had a ballpoint pen

This feels like a “congratulating the doc” scumtell kind of thing for some reason

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sandwolf posted:

Man I’m lurking because I kind of hate this game. Gulag isn’t fun at all, Podima is bullying anyone who talks, bernstrikr made a dumb and scummy post and then steak got hounded for calling it out as such

I’m not scum though, this isn’t even my scum meta. *pulls toothpick out of ear* I’m a cop baby

Same, plus this role is lovely to play, plus I hate playing town since I suck at mafia.

This is going to be an interesting post:

##vote 2 penny bottle imp
##vote Amnistar
##vote Anomalous Amalgam
##vote Bernstrike
##vote GulagDolls
##vote Leith Maclaine
##vote Mr. Humalong
##vote Mr. Steak
##vote Nep-Nep
##vote Podima
##vote Sandwolf
##vote Squiggly

I'm a Lighting Rod variant, based on voting.

I misread my PM for day 1, and thought that I was targeted instead of them, but it's actually that I'm targeted BY them.

So I sent the message to (someone TBD if I will claim), and it got redirected to Gulag.

For proof, it was "If Gulag gets copped N1, the result is unreliable".

My thought was that if Gulag got copped (likely), it'd hit me instead and return town.

So let's see what shakes out tonight now that literally every action is hitting me.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sandwolf posted:

Paul what does your role do separately from everything you just claimed about Gulag?

Did you just make it so all those people you voted are going to lightning rod to you?

Yes, every action is hitting me tonight

Either I broke the game by stopping the NK or I’m dead

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Sandwolf posted:

How in the gently caress do you think what you just did is a pro-townie play?

Best case nobody is dead, worst case I am

Yolo

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

lol if that's the entire player list? Didn't you just guarantee that you're going to die?

The doc (assumption) will also be targeting me, so we’ll see how it plays out

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Oh and ##unvote

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Leith Maclaine posted:

I have reason to believe there may be a busdriver in play.

The results from last night are not consistent with the words on the screen but it could just be tactics.

Yeah I said that already since Gulag got the message about him that was not sent to him

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

And actually doing this may just get me roleblocked and everything else plays out however

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar posted:

Paul, can you tell us the flavor of your lightning rod / messenger variant role?

Gossip basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar posted:

Why did you send a message to someone saying that the alignment results of a cop can't be trusted on them?

Gulag was getting redirected to me so he’d cop town (incorrect understanding as previously explained)

I did not send that to him, the message was busdriven or otherwise redirected