Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I somehow didn’t have this bookmarked.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My three games are the best three games. Discuss.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
50 has been playing mafia so long that he submitted his first three mafia games to CPig for his role

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
5 scum
2 3p

scum:
merk
spacing in vienna
Jen X
Podima
Byers4312

3p:
b-minus1 (SK)
Bif (Survivor)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Confirmed

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
None of my games were used in my role!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am back. I have no idea what is going on. I wish I was scum because then I at least could sow confusion... or would you even need to do that here?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also am at a lake this weekend so will largely be phone posting, maybe from a jet ski!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mikujin posted:

Rolling scum two games in a row must suck.

##vote merk

wakka wakka

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I tried to target Byers and got egged. I FIRST tried to target Podima and was told Podima isn't in the game. :)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I tried to target Byers and got egged. I FIRST tried to target Podima and was told Podima isn't in the game. :)

Sorry, this is wrong. I was trapped in a bubble.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote KB

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

What's your reasoning?

“I’m confirmed because I’m claimed PGO in a role madness game” is immediate lynch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Can you elaborate here?

He’s saying he’s confirmed. He’s not. End of line.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SalTheBard posted:

Sorry I haven't been in the thread as much as I would like. I was injured in a cattle herding related accident and I'm in a lot of pain (don't run down hills barefoot when the ground is wet). Basically where I'm at is I don't like the push on KB, I admit I have a blindspot with KB but this doesn't seem like his scum game. KB is much more analytical and god fathery than gambit mcgee. I do agree with SiV that Quid has been in, throw shade, and disappear. So I would vote Quid.

Hal is interesting too because his entire game related post history can be read in literally 30 seconds with his only interesting post being "I hate discussion" and then hammering Nat20. So I would vote Hal as well.

People I will not vote for today: KB and myself.

This post gives one scum read that puts SiV in the crosshairs if it goes the wrong way and one town read based purely on meta that I can't possibly believe you believe.

I'd also vote Sal.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sure. Here we go: ##vote Sal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SalTheBard posted:

Sorry in a bit of pain related daze. What exactly is pinging you

I was pretty clear in my post?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mikujin posted:

Did this prohibit you from performing any actions?

My action on Byers failed, yes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It’s worded such that it sounds like I was roleblocked, not that Byers was Jailed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mikujin posted:

Without quoting the PM, can you be as descriptive as possible about the circumstances of your being blocked? It seems flavor may be particularly useful this game.

I’ve said plenty.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mikujin posted:

It's not so big, but he is lying about being roleblocked, which may mean he did jail (super-jail?) Byers. There's no reason to lie about something so innocuous, even less so for him to come out and let us know unless he's trying to cause more confusion.

That being said, there's no reason to lie if you are town.

:perfect:

I’m not lying. My action to target Byers failed because of a bubble. The flavor (like eight words) made it sound like I was roleblocked and not targeting someone jailed. That’s it. I’m not saying anything else because there’s nothing else to say.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

King Burgundy posted:

I play these games for the night action puzzle solving. You've played with me several times so I feel like you must know this. So again, just trying to sell nonsense to others for your scum game.

You are the only person in our chat who didn't talk about scum reads or powers, right? I'm not misremembering? Thus cagey.

So your puzzle solving skills involve you claiming 100% confirmed town on d2. How would you, the great puzzle solver, react to this claim if someone else made it?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Could we please stop roleblocking me? Kirby ate me last night and I couldn't do anything.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why did Mikujin act like he had extra information regarding the bubble if it was Byers that did it?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Sorry, this is wrong. I was trapped in a bubble.

Mikujin posted:

Did this prohibit you from performing any actions?

merk posted:

My action on Byers failed, yes.

merk posted:

It’s worded such that it sounds like I was roleblocked, not that Byers was Jailed.

Mikujin posted:

Without quoting the PM, can you be as descriptive as possible about the circumstances of your being blocked? It seems flavor may be particularly useful this game.

merk posted:

I’ve said plenty.

Mikujin posted:

Sure, but I'm trying to figure out why you're lying

spacing in vienna posted:

.... K I just noticed this. You wanna elaborate, because this sounds big.

Mikujin posted:

It's not so big, but he is lying about being roleblocked, which may mean he did jail (super-jail?) Byers. There's no reason to lie about something so innocuous, even less so for him to come out and let us know unless he's trying to cause more confusion.

That being said, there's no reason to lie if you are town.

:perfect:

merk posted:

I’m not lying. My action to target Byers failed because of a bubble. The flavor (like eight words) made it sound like I was roleblocked and not targeting someone jailed. That’s it. I’m not saying anything else because there’s nothing else to say.

Mikujin posted:

Yep.

Nope.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

"Sacrificed to nega-miyamoto" sounds like a scum kill, but I might be reading too much into the flavor.

How sure are we about the "scum on each shelf" argument, by the way? Because bif mentioned it was lonely on shelf 1, but didn't add that's because there were only two of us.

Byers, wanna explain anything?

Huh. This is pretty scummy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

In re KB I haven't played with him before so I don't know any of the "this is/isn't his scum game" stuff.

What I don't like is that he immediately posited "I am definitely confirmed, and anyone saying otherwise I'd clearly scum." What he said happened is plausible, but it's far from the only explanation, especially considering that night actions were a clusterfuck.

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, I'll play along for a moment before I disappear. Still waiting for Sal's answer.

Please explain my thought process for doing that. What prompted me to claim all this at the start of the day as scum?

Dammit, this post is what pushed me over to kb over quid. Because I loving hate "why would I do this, as scum?"

Scum know things that town doesn't. That's the entire premise of the game.

##vote KB

Quid if you actually are town then stop lurking dammit.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Yeah this shift [to Quid] is giving me weird vibes, esp since this is plurality.

I see your point, and hell, I cased quid. I just get nervous whenever a case gets big traction at the last minute. Makes me think scum are pushing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote SiV

1. Needlessly claiming flavor to seem helpful but isn't actually helping at all (color, game choice)
2. Votes KB and then never comes back to it. Doesn't even mention it today (this is distancing by the way)
3. Votes Quid but then talks negatively about the Quid lynch knowing that Quid is flipping town
4. Starts off the day today with a 'how sure are we' and 'hey Byers give us night results' which doesn't do anything to help find scum but kind of looks helpful

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'd also vote KB.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was on that shelf with you, yes. I, however, got Kirby’d.

AA, I think it’s weird that you claimed to target KB in the shelf. Why claim that at all?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
50 trolling is usually scum 50.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I claimed flavor in direct response to a question Miku asked. I haven't mentioned kb today because I'm more focused on bif and 50 atm.

I wasn't asking Byers for night results, but rather "wtf why the gently caress are you not an egg," and lol if you don't think that's a reasonable question.

Incidentally, Miku was very clearly hinting that he saw you perform a night action, in conflict to your claim of roleblock, and it's odd to me that you don't realize that. It wasn't about the bubble at all.

I assumed Mikujin did the bubble at the time. Now, I don’t know what he’s claiming.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SolusLunes posted:

I haven't been as into this game, but I'm very suspicious of both SiV and KB

I'm also suspicious of the fact that there was a switch from SiV to KB, and then no mention of that by KB

regardless

I tried to do a thing to toal, and it failed

This is where I am, but I didn't target toal!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GenericGirlName posted:

Okay, sorry I'm back like 24 hours later, but I had guests over last night and work has been bad today. Don't worry though, soon I'll be unemployed.

As per true GGN style, I come with gifts, mostly because I couldn't actually say anything during the previous game day.

One of my powers is a role cop where I get alignment+game name+one ability
N1 - I copped DB (but obviously this could have been redirected?). Town. I wont say the whole game, but the one ability seems to be billy hatcher related(idk I never played this). But they have an egg. With all this talk of redirection I don't know how useful this really is? but I will put it out there. I picked pretty much at random because I was very sure the last 3 votes D1 were scum and we would actual pursue them yesterday.
N2 - merk, town. I will once again only mention one game, SS13 (hell yes, amazing) the ability from this game is AMAZING and people really need to stop roleblocking merk!!!!!!!! I don't really know how to describe it and also be vague but you submit a request and then get a one use power in return, mod makes up what the power is.

N1 I was given a lovely gun by someone???

RE:Why did I cop merk N2? It seemed like thread traction keeps going away from actually being suspicious of people who didn't want a free kill D1, and I didn't want to tunnel on those same like 3 people forever and ever. I copped merk because they hadn't really posted much.

Why would I admit I am a cop? Let's just say, my last ability, a passive, makes me feel pretty likely to make it to the next day, and I guess town should know this info. People who redirected, please maybe...don't :(

ok, now I need to make a second post responding to some other stuff

You’re a role cop, not a cop. I also think you steal abilities if you’re Kirby.

Why come out with all this info? If you think we are town, just say that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GenericGirlName posted:

*sigh* I clearly say that I get both role AND alignment come on

This is usually a scum role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
And you played it like scum. Why say all this stuff about two town people? Why full claim?