Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It looks like the whole game got roleblocked? That’s a terrible reason for a vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We lynched scum yesterday because of a case based on content, not results. Let’s keep it up!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

Why? Killing SiV seems legit and also checks out with scum in masonries speculation.

Why Yuming over fitty or kb too?

Toal is probably scum with SiV.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Eh, ok. Let's go: ##vote Toal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GenericGirlName posted:

Also, yes I was blocked last night. I tried to cop 50.

Kill someone please.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GenericGirlName posted:

Hey so hear me out. What if I had a way to give town another kill D1. It requires a vote though, and if it doesn't go through then I die.

GenericGirlName posted:

The way it works is I initiate a Murder on a player. Each player votes yes or no. if it comes up majority 'yes' by the end of the day, then we kill them in addition to the regular lynch

Do this immediately right now or ##vote GGN.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

I'm merk thread thinks I caught scum look at me vote 3 people in one hour :words:

I did catch scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Toal is pretty clear scum. They kept the door open to vote SiV and talked negatively about SiV without ever actually voting SiV and, instead, pushed other candidates (Bif). It's an open and shut case. Matlock merk here. :words:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##no

Why didn’t you kill Steak or Byers?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

If we vote no GGN supposedly dies right?

Yes. We should all vote no.

1. GGN flipping scum is what I think will happen. Look at my case.

2. If GGN flips town, I’m confirmed town.

That said, I don’t mind the 50 thunderdome because he is trolling and his usual troll is a scum troll. But.... let’s kill GGN.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
GGN claimed my role exactly as it is, mostly.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

50 pounds of bread posted:

The phone thing is actually a reference to one of the games I submitted, where a guys spaceship broke down on an alien planet and he needed to find a phone to call space AAA and he goes to a bar where the aliens wouldn't let him use the phone unless he could beat them all at air hockey.

I just thought asking about the phone was hilarious. I've also mentioned the black knight which is a flavor thing from beyond dark castle, but unrelated to my role which is just town.

Tell us why you should live over GGN. Or don’t. It’s your life. Not mine.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Because I'm town and they targeted a townie with a thunderdome.

I'll have time to read more into it after work, but trying to force a case on 15 minute breaks at a secure workspace isn't really a recipe for success.

Oh ok. I, too, am town! Game solved! Let’s close the thread.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Merk, I dont think you saying you are town in thread has quite the same weight as when I do it.

I have literally claimed scum in response to being asked if I am scum before.

Cmon man. You know this poo poo is garbage. You’re way too good to think garbage influences anyone. Open up the trash and put this in it.

Give us the real scum hunting. You can do it!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Man, I’d switch to yes. That 50 content sucks.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I remember back in the day when 50 was a mafia player looked up to. Now? What is this?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

bro, people never don't think im scum.

anyway, ##vote byers and i may switch to ggn if the murder doesn't kill em because their use of the power was maximum scummy.

Your stuff on SiV was scummy. If you don’t want to die soon, do some scum hunting!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

shall i just quote all of my posts about byers? why have people entirely forgot about him today? please explain how he's apparently cleared for the d1 action cuz i dont see it??

Make a succinct, persuasive case. I don’t understand why it’s so hard to get people to do obvious things to stay alive and advance their win condition... if town?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
“Hey [person who looks scummy], who do you think is scum?”

“Ugh, wow, ugh. Why don’t I just quote sixteen posts I made over the last nine days that say what I am feeling UGH”

Oh ok.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

As far as potential people using SiV as a bussing opportunity, I think that vote placement makes GGN and byers the only potential bussers I would consider here.

Yes. GGN has the worst SiV vote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Look at that. A little sass gets the old boy moving and shaking.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
GGN Is Scum
Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Vote ##No

1. She played her role in a way to try to appear town rather than try to find scum
  2. SiV's role interactions with GGN look like two scum buddies
  3. She opened the door to vote SiV but tried to push other candidates

1. She played her role in a way to try to appear town rather than try to find scum

GenericGirlName posted:

Hey so hear me out. What if I had a way to give town another kill D1. It requires a vote though, and if it doesn't go through then I die.

GenericGirlName posted:

The way it works is I initiate a Murder on a player. Each player votes yes or no. if it comes up majority 'yes' by the end of the day, then we kill them in addition to the regular lynch

GenericGirlName posted:

We can save it but if we do it and majority is "no" then I die :/ which would suucckkkkkkk!

GenericGirlName posted:

So I only want to do this if town 100% thinks there's value in double lunch D1. Otherwise I save it.

Asking for town's permission and support before using an ability is scummy. GGN didn't try to find anyone's alignment here and instead just came to the thread asking us what she should do with this ability.

GenericGirlName posted:

Okay, sorry I'm back like 24 hours later, but I had guests over last night and work has been bad today. Don't worry though, soon I'll be unemployed.

As per true GGN style, I come with gifts, mostly because I couldn't actually say anything during the previous game day.

One of my powers is a role cop where I get alignment+game name+one ability
N1 - I copped DB (but obviously this could have been redirected?). Town. I wont say the whole game, but the one ability seems to be billy hatcher related(idk I never played this). But they have an egg. With all this talk of redirection I don't know how useful this really is? but I will put it out there. I picked pretty much at random because I was very sure the last 3 votes D1 were scum and we would actual pursue them yesterday.
N2 - merk, town. I will once again only mention one game, SS13 (hell yes, amazing) the ability from this game is AMAZING and people really need to stop roleblocking merk!!!!!!!! I don't really know how to describe it and also be vague but you submit a request and then get a one use power in return, mod makes up what the power is.

N1 I was given a lovely gun by someone???

RE:Why did I cop merk N2? It seemed like thread traction keeps going away from actually being suspicious of people who didn't want a free kill D1, and I didn't want to tunnel on those same like 3 people forever and ever. I copped merk because they hadn't really posted much.

Why would I admit I am a cop? Let's just say, my last ability, a passive, makes me feel pretty likely to make it to the next day, and I guess town should know this info. People who redirected, please maybe...don't :(

ok, now I need to make a second post responding to some other stuff

GGN needlessly claims a ton of information gleaned from role cops to the thread. Why reveal all of this information (besides the results of alignment)? Why include that weird explanation for targeting me (because her scum buddies convinced her to target me)?

2. SiV's interactions with GGN look like two scum buddies

spacing in vienna posted:

In re the PRs, I told shelf 3 that I had a couple of somewhat useful abilities and one very very stupid one and that I had to go for the stupid one. One of my games is Crazy Frog Racer so I can be the most annoying thing ever and assign people stupid PRs for the day.

I picked GGN because we tight and I knew she'd probably understand that I just had to be an idiot. I picked Hal because he ended the day yesterday by saying he hated discussion sooooo IRONY. And then I had no idea who to pick for #3 but I realized GGN and Hal were sequential in the sign up list, and right below them was IS.

First, SiV chooses GGN for a PR. If you are scum using this ability, wouldn't you choose a scum buddy as a distancing effect?
Next, SiV chooses GGN for the PR that basically doesn't even let GGN play mafia on d2. If you're a scum buddy picking the PR for a scum buddy, there isn't a better PR to let your teammate basically do nothing for an entire day and get away with it.

3. She opened the door to vote SiV but tried to push other candidates

GenericGirlName posted:

I could go either way on the SiV read, but I'm also both biased (I love SiV) and paranoid (SiV was scum last game we were in! I was nearly TRICKED!!!) so who loving knows how badly I'm misreading her.

I will forever be willing to vote IS and I don't like the mouth feel of 50's posts during this game day. I'd rather not do the Murder command, and would rather cop tonight.

##vote IS I'm going to put the official vote on IS, but this isn't a done deal.

GenericGirlName posted:

I don't think Solus is scum, but I don't want to go towards a no lunch. When the next day starts I'll initiate a murder on Byers and we can get Byers as well as someone else, assuming that makes sense once we get the flips.

##vote Solus :(

...and then when momentum looked like SiV was pretty clearly getting lynched:

GenericGirlName posted:

Ok no I completely misremembered an exchange on D2 and it is not as scummy in retrospect, but SiV has been having a certain air to their posts that feel scummy? But at the same time it's so different from Serious Town Geared scum in the previous game we were in together. SiV is difficult for me to read unbiasedly, so with so many people finding her scummy I HAVE to vote her because if she's actually scum and I didn't help kill her I will be so loving mad at myself.

If SiV is scum: lmao giving me the post restriction because she KNEW I wouldn't find it suspicous? Top Ten Anime Betrayals......

##vote SiV

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm not scum, but disengaged town.

This stuff isn't even fun. Stop.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mikujin posted:

@merk - do you think it likely the SiV would give an ally a posting restriction to effectively excuse them from making content posts for a day?

Yes. 100%. It lets you perfectly hide as scum for a whole day.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Yeaahhhhh... ok, champ. Let me just do what you tell me do.

*pulls corners of mouth into a rictus*

Better? See... haha ha... ha.

Thanks, dad.

Who is scum and why?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

If you're a scum player and want to use that PR in a way that advanced your win condition, you'd: 1) select a super loud voice in the thread that is speaking negatively against you or a scum buddy (didn't happen); or 2) give it to a scum buddy who can do nothing for an entire game day (this is what happened).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapitalistPig posted:

SIV-Wetrix X2 - Crazy Mega Man Frog Racer- Scum aligned was tossed in the trash can on d3!

[i]Wetrix X2 - Crazy Mega Man Frog Racer - Everyone's favorite robot murderer stars in a relaxing racing game where he races against early internet memes across an ever changing landscape of terrain that lowers and drops and suddenly fills with water. Watch out for bombs! (Wetrix, Mega Man 2, Crazy Frog Racer)

Absorption - When you do the night kill, if successful, you will absorb an ability from the target as a one shot power.

Landscaping - You may choose a player at night and they will be trapped by the earth making them jailed that night.

The most annoying loving thing ever - As a night action you may target three players. At the beginning of the following day, I will announce this to the thread by posting a crazy frog video. I will assign everyone targeted an annoying post restriction that must be followed on pain of modkill.

One note: SiV didn't perform the night action on n1 even with this Absorption ability. That must mean the scum have a better role than this to do the night kill.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mikujin posted:

I am strongly inclined to think AA is not scum based on this weirdly spastic play that is 100% reminiscent of their town play in two previous games.

I was thinking more #2 than anything else, to be honest. If GGN does not flip scum, would you be inclined to vote Hal, as the last remaining player to be post-restricted?

I haven't read Hal. I take scum hunting one flip at a time, usually.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Will GGN flip before the end of the day with a ##no?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's farty. If 50 gets vigged today and the flip happens at end of day, I might cool on GGN until tomorrow so we can see 50's flip.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Byers2142 posted:

Toal. Toal was unblockable, and they needed Jen dead after that D1.

Ah, good catch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

Clearly if Mr Steak was role blocked then that stopped the night kill.

##vote mr steak

Sorry I was out hiking all of saturday and missed the deadline folks. Well done and all that.

This vote jumps off the page to me re: Mr. Steak. The question is: Is this distancing? What is going on here?

Steak's content on SiV yesterday is super scummy, but I can't get over this post that doesn't make any sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Tries to advance Solus when the SiV stuff is slowly about to bubble:

merk posted:

##vote Solus

Let’s do this instead.

Mr. Steak posted:

u know what, im fine w this then byers then merk then 50

##vote solus

---
This:

Mr. Steak posted:

nah, siv hasn't really been scummy just awkward. come on this push on him is scummy as hell

Mr. Steak posted:

im not gonna vote siv out! she's too fun to play with!

Mr. Steak posted:

okay i'll spill. i do think siv is scum but in my last scum game i kept her until endgame so she promised to do the same for me in her next scum game... i want to lynch other scum before her for that reason lol

##vote Mr. Steak

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Can we just even out no and yes. Will ggn still die in a tie? I dont think she is scum.

What do you think of my case? I saw what you said, but how do you refute the points that I made?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can someone post a votecount? I can't access votefinder at work for some reason.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We should not hammer Steak until the yes/no thing is figured out.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GenericGirlName posted:

N2 - merk, town. I will once again only mention one game, SS13 (hell yes, amazing) the ability from this game is AMAZING and people really need to stop roleblocking merk!!!!!!!! I don't really know how to describe it and also be vague but you submit a request and then get a one use power in return, mod makes up what the power is.

FWIW: Last night, I submitted a request to get a one use power in return, and this action was successful. I don't intend to elaborate further beyond to agree with the thought that non-targeted actions may not have been impacted.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

the votes on me are worse than ever this morning. if you want ggn dead so bad (which i agree with) then can we wait until the murder is resolved before killing me? either 50 flips and we most likely kill ggn for murdering town, or ggn flips and we go from there. killing me today too isnt wise, since those flips should illuminate a lot about me and byers. we shouldnt lynch either of us today (even tho i think byers is scum still)

Yuck. Goodbye.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There’s a lot wrong with that post. It’s a scum player making a last ditch effort to not die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

no, merk. you just tunnel like a madman and got lucky early this game. im kinda over the mighter-than-thou act

Ok. Good luck in the next game!