Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

OldAlias posted:

what’s fake finland
iceland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I live in Actual Finland so most ladies I see are very beautiful.

Kinda like me. :wink:

jerry show me one actually beautiful Finnish lady and i'll stop bothering you forever

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Agile Vector posted:

too young for the vaccine
too old for stress not to be a trigger
just in time for shingles

this sucks. the rash is mild, but all the neighboring skin feels sensitive and i got all the cold-like symptoms but at least i spotted it early and got on antivirals. also it's my dominant side, so everything is more annoying except sitting at my desk at home not moving

protip: don’t do what I did and get shingles then covid then shingles again

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Subjunctive posted:

my wife worked in physical and occupational therapy and said that at least in the hospital system what happens is that they end up damaging their body enough moving people (hmm, regs say this is a 3-person carry but we only have 2 available so…) that they have to stop doing that work by middle age

a lot of them move into non-clinical roles, I think

That sucks I didn't know they had to do stuff like that. I thought they like taught you how to work out after you got a peg leg or something.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Roosevelt posted:

jerry show me one actually beautiful Finnish lady and i'll stop bothering you forever

and swedish finns don't count

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cold on a Cob posted:

protip: don’t do what I did and get shingles then covid then shingles again

:stonk: good gravy

the 2024 run for our household has been: covid, then flu, now shingles. i had a light covid, but dodged the flu, so i got some padding between my rotation

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Agile Vector posted:

too young for the vaccine
too old for stress not to be a trigger
just in time for shingles

this sucks. the rash is mild, but all the neighboring skin feels sensitive and i got all the cold-like symptoms but at least i spotted it early and got on antivirals. also it's my dominant side, so everything is more annoying except sitting at my desk at home not moving

i was lucky (unironically) and got the shingles near my eye and went to the doctor immediately upon feeling a stinging sensation in my eyeball along w/ a very mild rash and the dermatologist knew instantly it was shingles and got me on antivirals in record time

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

if the shingles was anywhere else i probably woulda waited to go to the doctor

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i knew some attractive finns once

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

otoh linux is finnish so its a real tapestry

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
username/post anticombo :smith:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

knox_harrington posted:

and swedish finns don't count

take that, Åland islands

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Branch Nvidian posted:

get some debrox and clean that poo poo out
this stuff usually works great, but also i succumbed to the gadget lifestyle and bought one of these things to look inside my ear and scoop the wax out. I feel like purchasing something like this is immediate qualification for this thread.

https://www.amazon.com/BEBIRD%AE-Removal-Otoscope-Silicone-Compatible/dp/B08M9G18H3

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i like to live on the edge so i just use q-tips

also i have a vagus nerve thing so if i go too deep in my right ear, i cough and throw up

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

The Leck posted:

this stuff usually works great, but also i succumbed to the gadget lifestyle and bought one of these things to look inside my ear and scoop the wax out. I feel like purchasing something like this is immediate qualification for this thread.

https://www.amazon.com/BEBIRD®-Removal-Otoscope-Silicone-Compatible/dp/B08M9G18H3

I was definitely at the point of looking for something like this. It's pretty amazing how inexpensive some of this stuff is!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

that link goes to dogs of Amazon

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cold on a Cob posted:

was having trouble relaxing and falling asleep so i took a sleeping pill, fell asleep in a reclined sitting position, woke up in the "neck crunched up against the pillow and headboard" position, and now i'm dead

avenge me, fellow olds

Aren't you Canadian? buy some muscle relaxers at the shoppers drug mart

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PokeJoe posted:

which ones :canada:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

PokeJoe posted:

btw dont do it and fall asleep on your neck again, repeatedly

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

methocarbamol. brand name robax

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

oh yeah. those are ok i guess. not like super great in my experience but maybe i just don’t respond to it super well (like naproxen)

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

PokeJoe posted:

it definitely works but it’s weird. it encourages you not to develop a tolerance for it, because if you take too much at once it can cause like, dysphoria? but it’s fine so long as you’re only eating a few at a time. and even then it’s only middling, not as good as soma or something

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

PokeJoe posted:

robax as in robot + relax? :conanobrien_wow.gif:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I didn't say it was amazing but if you wake up and your neck hurts because you slept wrong it's pretty ok

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Carthag Tuek posted:

robax as in robot + relax? :conanobrien_wow.gif:

it's based on roblox

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

PokeJoe posted:

it's based on roblox

:conan_annoyedshakehead.gif:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fart simpson posted:

i was lucky (unironically) and got the shingles near my eye and went to the doctor immediately upon feeling a stinging sensation in my eyeball along w/ a very mild rash and the dermatologist knew instantly it was shingles and got me on antivirals in record time

yiiiiiiikes! yeah, eye/face is super risky so that is very lucky

fart simpson posted:

if the shingles was anywhere else i probably woulda waited to go to the doctor

yeah, like if i didn't get the additional spots i would have assumed the initial blister was an ingrown that was really tender

it's finally resolving with plenty of rest and antivirals, but my underarm is very tender so i expect that to linger

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

I didn't say it was amazing but if you wake up and your neck hurts because you slept wrong it's pretty ok
yeah in fairness i quickly started to tolerate flexeril too, when i caught a spell of geezer leg last summer

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i took methocarbamol a few years back for a back issue and it made my lips numb so i don’t use it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

i took methocarbamol a few years back for a back issue and it made my lips numb so i don’t use it
extremely on-brand oldposting. you think the good drugs are going to make you feel fully sick (good) but they actually make you feel fully sick (bad)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i took morphine pills when i broke my ankles several years ago and they worked a charm, last year when i had sciatica i asked the doc for them again, he obliged. they did cut the pain but they also made my skin feel hypersensitive even to the weight of a lone bedsheet :confuoot:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

i took morphine pills when i broke my ankles several years ago and they worked a charm, last year when i had sciatica i asked the doc for them again, he obliged. they did cut the pain but they also made my skin feel hypersensitive even to the weight of a lone bedsheet :confuoot:

man i hate taking opiates, i had some for surgery years ago and they made me feel like i was living inside of a cotton ball

would be really great to get some next-generation pain technologies

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mediaphage posted:

man i hate taking opiates, i had some for surgery years ago and they made me feel like i was living inside of a cotton ball

would be really great to get some next-generation pain technologies

neurolink not next gen enough for y’all guys?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

PokeJoe posted:

i take methocarbamol sometimes but only if i am desperate. it makes me really sleepy, even more than a t3 does

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

happy easter, yospos. I tweaked my middle back while sleeping :negative:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Branch Nvidian posted:

happy easter, yospos. I tweaked my middle back while sleeping :negative:

Just imagine waking up after three days laid out on a stone slab

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

AHHHH AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

NoneMoreNegative posted:

That's just my ex complaining about my mattress after spending the weekend

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I literally slept all day. Glad Easter, everyone!

(Luckily today is Second Easter Day so maybe I can still fix this.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

(Haha JK not happening.)