Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
i'm 36 and i had knee surgery at 16 and back surgery at 26. i'm ancient as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
goddamnit, i did something in my sleep last night and pulled a groin muscle

no, not that one you pervs

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Resting Lich Face posted:

Having a stroke does usually result in coming.

isn't when you die the only time you cum and piss at the same time?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

rear end posted:

Just stop drinking so much and start working out. That's how your body stops falling apart at older age.

is that really a life worth living?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

learning how to sew is a cool skill and also super relaxing

i have a machine but still need to sit and learn it properly, just hand sewn mends and things

yeah, i learned how to use a sewing machine to make my niece some stuffed animals. it was definitely relaxing except when i got poo poo tangled once and spent like 30 minutes unfucking the thing

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

be a fat bearded rustic type?

i'm that but i still couldn't pull off the suspenders look. plantation owners are the only ones who can do it, but they obviously look like poo poo for other reasons

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

echinopsis posted:

nah more like they're just shrugging, meaning they just don't really care about the arguments, they're just gonna believe what they believe

yeah, they believe it's a net bad for society, so think keeping it illegal will be a net benefit

cracks me up the amount of people who ask my opinion on the matter. like why would my opinion matter? oh yeah that's right because unlike the person asking for the opinion, I'm actually qualified to have real meaningful and nuanced opinions. but honestly they don't give a poo poo about what I think, I think they assume I'll be against it (against legalisation that is), and just tell me they don't want people coming to work stoned. I make some comment about how a) they can do it already b) do people tend to come to work drunk and c) if they came to work either stoned or drunk, they'd certainly lose their job on the spot.. but still, their point stands they think :rolleyes:

I went to work stoned for like 15 years straight. It only works when you're high 24/7 though so no one knows what you're like sober.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

rotor posted:

I got one of these and my wife said "It looks like a bra for your eyes" and I just can't get over that

on the website it even says it's like a bra for you're eyes

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Broken Machine posted:

if it's a bra for your eyes, could you use your wife's boobs to block the light instead?

it might be uncomfortable for your wife but i'd love to sleep eyes deep in some baps

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Olds should remember to get an flu shotte.

everyone should get a flu shot unless you're immunocompromised.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

cleaning balls is difficult, especially getting all the hair out

just wax that poo poo. or nair if you're into some burning pain rather than ripping.

better than shaving, i cut my balls so many times before i said gently caress it and gave up on the thought

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

we'd all be dead by 35

planned obsolescence

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

fart simpson posted:

but what if it does

death krew for life

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

i noticed i have several grey hairs now in my beard

i'm only 36 and like half of the chin area of my beard is grey now. i also have grey patches on the side of my head

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

psiox posted:

going to get my first physical in a few years tomorrow, will ask for secret medical advice

y'all got me worrying about my gallbladder now :mad:

i had my first blood test in like 15 years about a year ago and found out i was pre-diabetic. that was a fun realization. got me on some beetus meds and ive had to alter my diet but i'm doing better now

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

i bought nothing and went home happy and worried im turning into my father too

i dont have to worry about turning into my father unless i start blaming black people for everything

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

its tea with bergamot oil infused, which is orange oil or some poo poo. its delicious and a pro-steep if you are a subject of her maj

i thought that was just earl grey

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

psiox posted:

getting into oolong lately instead of afternoon coffee

it is good and delicate and warm and goes well with my sweater vest and afternoons in my favorite chair

i love oolong. pu-ehr is also pretty tasty if you want a really strong flavored tea. i have to drive like 30 minutes to buy loose leaf tea though so i stock up every time i go

Jonny 290 posted:

speaking of that tho ever since like age 35 i am INCREDIBLY regular. between 930 and 10am, without fail, every day.

im regular in the sense that as soon as i take my first sip of coffee in the morning, i have to take a poo poo

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

or an ingrown toenail. i thought i had the gout so i went to the doctor and it turned out i just had a really bad ingrown nail. they cut it out and put some poo poo on it to stop the nail from growing back and my toe still kinda hurts 3 months later.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

graph posted:

i had this done in high school on both toes. the procedure was absolutely gruesome

i didn't look at it while they were doing it. i have a phobia of surgeries. they numbed the poo poo outta my toe so i couldn't feel a thing though.

the afterwards was pretty gnarly though. for a week or two, it hurt more than before the surgery. my toe bled for like a month straight and all the skin started flaking off. that and the scab was gross. it's been 3 months now and there's still some skin peeling and scabbing but not nearly as much as the early days.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

graph posted:

spoiler: they use tin snips lol

yeah that's pretty brutal.

i wanted them to just pull the whole nail out cause i hate dealing with toenails. I can't bend my knee all the way after surgery when i was 16, leading to poo poo not being able to cut my nail properly, hence the ingrown, but they wouldn't do it

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Oh and here I thought it was morgellons.

well yeah, it could obviously be that too. duh

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
lovin the title change

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Stymie posted:

yospos being awash in napoleon complex explains a lot

it certainly would explain all your posting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

c old s: tweaked my neck last week sitting funny in my office chair, then again this week. the second time was from sleeping with the dog on the couch and it took a full day to actually bother me

i slept funny one night last december and it hosed up my right arm for a month solid. it was like a stabbing nerve pain that went from my shoulder blade down to my wrist. i went to the doctor for it a few times and all they did was give me prescription strength ibuprofen, it did nothing.

the only thing that would make the pain bearable was to hold my arm above my head. i still had to work though so i just drove to my job with my arm resting on top of my head.

it went away out of nowhere in the middle of the day. about a week after that i got a call from my doctor saying that they had just got me into physical therapy lol

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

ShadowHawk posted:

You should take the physical therapy anyway, it sounds very much like some sort of impingement syndrome

Likely your posture is really bad and your regular movements are putting the joint in a bad place. Check your ergonomics too.

yeah i ended up doing the physical therapy 3 days a week for a month.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

syntaxrigger posted:

Is that just hyberbole or can office chairs really smell like farts? I ask because I have no sense of smell.

i lived with a guy for a few years where every time he sat down in his computer chair, a waft of rear end would come out of it.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

prefect posted:

i clean my chair with a rag on a stick

(just kidding; i don't clean)

we know prefect, i can smell you from here

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

President Beep posted:

might have to someday. bulging disc in my back from way back in 99 when i was working as a mechanic. thing is, if i get it fixed i wont be able to complain about it anymore, and as an old person i love to complain.

i had surgery about 10 years ago for 2 fractured discs. it was messing with my sciatic nerve so bad i couldn't walk or even sit without a shitload of percocets. as soon as i woke up from surgery it was like i was a new person.

i haven't taken a painkiller since then and i only occasionally get sciatica pain when the weather changes or i've been doing a lot of heavy lifting and even then it's barely noticeable.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

fritz posted:

oldsmobile's final and perhaps greatest contribution to culture was the "alero" which will appear in crosswords for decades to come

Fiero was in the NYT crossword like a week ago

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

if i sleep with the wrong pillow i feel it all day so i could totally see doing this to myself with a sneeze

the most ergo pillow for me is a worn out throw pillow that's just the perfect thickness

i tried to replicate it with a pillow where i could adjust the fill but i couldn't get it thin enough vOv

i've had the same memory foam pillow for like 15 years now. it loving stinks because you can't wash it but i can't find another pillow that is as firm as it is and my neck gets sore in the morning if i try a different pillow. i spray it with febreze every week or so but it's still not pleasant to anyone who doesn't sleep with it every night. thankfully it only smells if you stick your nose into it.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
speakin of the gout, i'm pretty sure i have it in my left big toe. i don't normally drink beer but the other night after drinking a sixer, i woke up like 3 hours before i normally do and my toe was killing me. i had to pull my blanket up because it hurt just having it resting on there.

i have to quit drinking completely on sunday anyway so hopefully this doesn't happen again.

i can't go to the doctor for it though because i'm leaving CA and my insurance is void outside of the state.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I’ve been having to wake up at 3:30am so bedtime has been around 8 for me recently

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I’m pretty sure I’ll never be old or dorky enough to own a cardigan. tweed jacket with leather patches on the elbows on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Uptime Sinclair posted:

some of the gap is helped by nick at nite or local equivalent. jonny quest ran all the time on ytv Canada in the early 90s if not the late 80s

there was also the jonny quest reboot in the mid/late 90s