Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If someone does beat Juve, who do you think it will be? Inter?

The Goddess to beat The Old Lady, if the universe is just.

that'd own for the sake of another leicester type, though obviously not nearly as extreme of a jump, championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

:discourse:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

huh, didn't see anything posted about this but apparently certain outstanding players will have a lil gold badge on their shirts, like kouli for best defender

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1g6KsGDCZX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

others include: Koulibaly joins Inter Milan goalkeeper Samir Handanovic, Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Sampdoria forward Fabio Quagliarella, Roma youngster Nicolo Zaniolo and Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo, who was named the league’s MVP, in the exclusive list.

Karl Sharks fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 25, 2019

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

That’s pretty cool but Ronald and Milinkovic Savic are terrible choices.

yeah tbh at first i saw ronaldo and thought he somehow got the striker/forward badge over quags and was like gently caress that

i take it savic never picked back up after expecting a move after the WC? i like him in FM at least :v

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

what's a good place to watch highlights of the other matches? ESPN+'s seem to be a bit meh, prefer more extended than purely just the goals and such.

i have a VPN too so region lock wouldn't be an issue, just want a place i can go to after the weekend and watch them all to keep up with stuff

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

6 minutes ffs

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Simone Poodoin posted:

How many people was it that we convinced to cheer for Atalanta? Papu and friends making us look bad lol.

just a lil bit

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

abuse culture. posted:

Sick. That’s dope.

blow a fat cloud right in the 4th officials face when they don't give us a pen

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

looks like some tasty matches this weekend

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Juve Napoli will be good unless they spend the whole match trying to figure each other out.

Been a while since I've paid attention but my immediate thoughts were Rome derby, atalanta v Torino, samp v Sassuolo and udinese v Parma could be good in terms of being derbies or teams closer in skill (based on last year's finishes at least)

Or are some of those likely to be a bit mediocre?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

trem_two posted:

love that we’re starting Khedira and Matuidi and fatty Gonz instead of Dybala

love it

hmmm

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

trem_two posted:

This owns

ur right, it does

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

this league is the best

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Simone Poodoin posted:

Even though Koulibaly is very good, Carletto has a lot of work to do with the defensive block as a whole, looking super shaky specially on counters

how was his napoli team with them/set pieces early on vs later on?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

poor kouli

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

booooo

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

okay so does espn+ not include regular espn games?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

It does but I think you have to have an espn subscription via your tv.

yeah so espn+ doesn't include them lol

that's poo poo, luckily i saw a thing about doing dazn canada with a vpn so i'll be good

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

The top of each girone gets automatically promoted, and there's a really convoluted playoff system (that the promoted squads also participate in) that determines an ordered list of possible additional candidates to get promoted. This is a possible list rather than a set group because a lot of the time the teams that qualify for promotion don't actually want to or aren't able to register with Serie C due to grounds issues or amount of money they have, etc.

Palermo surely will target finishing first in their girone, and should do given the resources and support they have.

Shrapnig posted:

Nice new av.

when i first was reading the post, not recognizing the av from the peripheral at all "okay, no need to go all fancy and use the italian word, who do you think you are?" *checks username* "oh lmao"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Couldn’t help myself and looked at the score line/stats. It is insanely cool to be one point above relegation. When Genoa beat us next week we’ll be zero points from relegation!

for some reason, i doubt the sincerity in your excitement to be around the relegation zone

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

trem_two posted:

FIGC announced a new anti-racism policy, where they reward clubs for identifying and banning racist supporters. Basically if they utilize technology and a heavier security presence to stop racist chanting and ban the offenders, they won't get punished with stadium bans or fines.

does this matter if they don't give out punishments?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Jason Sextro posted:

how in the hell does Palermo find so many?

p sure they have these in italy

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

anyone watched the maradona doc? i started it last night but was too tired to finish it

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Holy poo poo what year is it

just what

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

on a different, much better note

was listening to some of the golazo eps since they're back and i ran out of football poo poo to listen to

they had one on pippo and the whole time i kept thinking of the crudeli clip of him screaming pippo

and of course it got mentioned nearer the end

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

trem_two posted:

WHAT A SURPRISE A DE LIGT HAND BALL

honestly how many is that?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/immolations/status/1191104838521774090?s=20

who have they kidnapped and are holding hostage in their volcano lair?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

This is quite the beat down.

that scoreline :stare:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

are fines in italy also "voluntary" legally speaking?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Yes but Napoli has some very strict rules in their contracts that are likely to be different. De Laurentiis does not gently caress around.

I thought the fines were more of a labor rights issue which is why it's "voluntary" so wouldn't have guessed putting something that is illegal in a contract makes it legal and would expect it to if anything make the contract itself illegal.

But IANAL and I'm from the US so no idea that the labor laws are like in the EU.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

I wasn’t trying to imply that anything involving this issue is illegal or legal, simply that Napoli has a very involved contract and legal department that is very much more strict than any other Italian team. This is a known thing that the league and the other teams don’t gently caress with.

Is that difference purely down to ADL?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

How can they be so bad at this...

i think this shows they're actually really good at racism op

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

The difference here is that that artist always paints monkeys. The league knew that he would paint a monkey. I don’t blame him at all; it’s literally what he does all the time and what he is known for. The league not doing their research (or more likely, thinking this was somehow fine) are the ones to blame.

i mean, it's def more on the FIGC than artist, but as a monkey focused artist would you take on a project to fight against racism against black players?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

canepazzo posted:

Juve leading Sampdoria 2-1, and this is Ronald's air time when he scored. I've been spending the last 20 minutes trying to spot the wires cause that kid's...inhuman.

https://twitter.com/dan_maze/status/1207375145356140552

for a bit there it looked like he was a cutout and someone was just dragging/floating him through the air

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

okay i know this isn't football related at all, and i only thought of this thread cause italian, but this guy owns and i wish i could send him some pasta

https://twitter.com/KoonboSom/status/1233182618608422912?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol I can’t believe this is real. Three days ago or whatever Sarri was out there saying that the club directors don’t make crazy decisions and they aren’t amateurs. 48 hours later they sack him and bring in the manager of the U23 side who has exactly 0 games managed.

I really can’t see this going well. Who knows, maybe he’ll be a managerial prodigy.

did ronaldo tell them "hey it worked with zidane, we won the CL"