Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice

That Robot posted:

also what was the deal with vincent price and that 13 ghosts crap

what would they get out of it?

well in that case they "accidentally" (read: hosed up while blazed) opened that chest so they have the responsibility to put the 13 ghosts back in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what was the deal with the guest star episodes was that like a way to infuse pop culture into the minds of children or what

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Linux Pirate posted:

Has pretending to be a ghost or a spooky kook ever led to any successful crimes in real life?

Ha, nice

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
scooby doo was so bad but also good

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
It was all a lovely poly at application padding for Velma's application to journalism school.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

everybody says shaggy was a pot head but crack is the only possible way he was keeping the pounds off eating those big rear end sammies

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

lost my old email posted:

everybody says shaggy was a pot head but crack is the only possible way he was keeping the pounds off eating those big rear end sammies

Crack destroys your appetite, that's why you lose weight, he obviously had some kind of glandular issue and in fact lived in eternal hunger yet eternal fullness as his body only processed a fraction of the calories he ingested.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no you definitely lose weight on stimulants because your body is constantly burning calories tensing your muscles. im sure intake reduction also occurs to a certain extent but its not everything

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
could shaggy ever be a girl name?

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

In the original they didn't drive around with the intent of solving mysteries they were just trying to get to the sock hop or whatever kids do and a mystery came up along the way they had to solve to proceed

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

marijuanamancer posted:

no you definitely lose weight on stimulants because your body is constantly burning calories tensing your muscles. im sure intake reduction also occurs to a certain extent but its not everything

That's not going to add several thousand, or even hundreds of cals to your deficit.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

beginning to suspect that this children's show had no dark subtext whatsoever and it was all just harmless japery to amuse the kids

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hosed up nobody ever took shaggy to the doc for his schizophrenia

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

marijuanamancer posted:

what was the deal with the guest star episodes was that like a way to infuse pop culture into the minds of children or what

Who wouldn't want to hang out with this guy?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

That's not going to add several thousand, or even hundreds of cals to your deficit.

have you ever tried just sitting, flexing every muscle you can, for an extended duration?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
has anyone made a joke about how they were all on drugs? because that would be extremely funny and original I think

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

marijuanamancer posted:

have you ever tried just sitting, flexing every muscle you can, for an extended duration?

Yea what are you gonna do about it though

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
They were on the run from Speed Buggy, who desperately wanted to gently caress Scooby-Doo.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yea what are you gonna do about it though

im gonna post on the internet about it you bastard

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

marijuanamancer posted:

im gonna post on the internet about it you bastard

Wtf

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
this was gonna be on skullmund?

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

What if Mystery Inc had unrealistic monthly targets to meet forcing them to cut corners on mystery solving and jump to conclusions in order to make the numbers.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

ArchNemesis posted:

well in that case they "accidentally" (read: hosed up while blazed) opened that chest so they have the responsibility to put the 13 ghosts back in

Why wasn't there a lock, whether mystical or physical, on that chest?

Wizards: No sense of Right or wrong!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Why did Scooby and Shaggy eat edibles before they did something scary?

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

marijuanamancer posted:

flexing isn't going to do poo poo for weight loss compared to only eating 400 calories per day

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wizzanthos posted:

flexing isn't going to do poo poo for weight loss compared to only eating 400 calories per day

yeah i was thinking about it and i agree

however your body does maintain a higher level of strain at rest than normal

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Wtf, page two and no one is saying Shaggy was dealing weed on the side for scooby snack and gas money? Of course Shaggy was dealing sacks everywhere they went.

The Daphne-trust fund thing sounds pretty plausible too. Those kids were covered and set to party!

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like people on meth will literally grind their teeth down. imagine that but its using your body 24/7. i dont think unconscious calorie burn during drug use has really been measured to say how much an effect it has unless someone knows some science papers

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
They went looking for the Ghost of the Haunted Airfield, and maybe Who Robbed the Treasury Plane.
...But what they found was each other.

...and Old Man Johnson in a rubber Ghost of the Red Baron mask.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hey That Robot

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

marijuanamancer posted:

like people on meth will literally grind their teeth down. imagine that but its using your body 24/7. i dont think unconscious calorie burn during drug use has really been measured to say how much an effect it has unless someone knows some science papers

it's probably a few hundred more calories per day burned, since it's not like people have their whole bodies tensed up all day when they're tweaking, I don't think there have been any studies but looking at calorie expenditure in other forms of isometric exercise you can extrapolate

maybe shaggy had his bowels shortened so he could eat a bunch and stay skinny

nut
Jul 30, 2019

i guess op they were trying to revel in their youth to celebrate the beauty of the day and the night and close friends b4 they ultimately left some going to community college others returning to their papa's cheese farm to harvest the ripe parmesean i heard shaggy is a sound engineer and had a role in recording an unreleased sean paul song but idk for sure we just kind of drifted apart at nigths when i'm not gathering empties of zinfandel from the neighbourhood for pocket change i think back 2 those great nights of mystery

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ultimately, who let the dogs out?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Who let Scrappy out?

seriously, who?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Linux Pirate posted:

Has pretending to be a ghost or a spooky kook ever led to any successful crimes in real life?

how would you know?

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
They wanted to meet the Harlem Globetrotters and this turned out to be the best way to do it.
The end.
Mystery Solved.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Their van says "Mystery Inc", they were a corporation so of course they were getting paid. Jeez, you guys need to pay more attention.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Zoinks, OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

all of those haunted homes/ranches/duplexes had a ton of food in the still-powered fridge, evidenced by shaggy's sandwiches. poor kids were just looking for a meal.