Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I'm actually watching Mystery Inc because of this thread. It's pretty good. Not spectacular or anything but it's a bit of fun and the show likes to mock the original show that was endlessly played on TV in the 80s.

Scooby Apocalypse is still better so far though. It was a comic series. Basically everyone was in their 20s and meeting for the first time. Daphne and Fred were doing a low rated paranormal show and get a lead that brings em to a secret facility where a project Velma is working on has been tampered with and it ends up turning much of the world into monsters. Shaggy is an animal caretaker at the same place because it's got smart dog projects. Scooby of course. (Scrappy is also there and is like smarter and more bad rear end but really tragic.)

They are both taking a mostly lovely 70s show and trying to make it work. Neither one gets too grimdark Edgelord though the comic one really isnt for kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I've finished Mystery Incorporated and it was loving good. And given some poo poo I've had to deal with also a nice respite from it. Now I just want more but more of this not whatever the hell they are doing with celebrities. I want more of this band of West Coast Derry Maine survivors' adventures.

(This makes sense if you know IT. Otherwise it doesn't thus I don't think its spoilery?)

I had heard this show was good but.. its THE Scooby now. The closest show in this style was Gravity Falls which is also awesome at being a kid friendly but dark mystery show with an elder God being trying to gently caress poo poo up only to be defeated mostly by a bunch of people not old enough to vote that works for anyone who likes a good show that can mix horror, humor, and character drama. Though I could deal with less of Shag and Scoob eating jokes.