Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
My favorite character is still Witch. You can get up to some really hilarious bullshit with Hall of Mirrors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm super lovely at Robot. I feel like I don't ramp up to the kinds of damage output the other classes get to. What am I missing? How do I best optimize the few die rolls I get per average round?
Generally speaking, Jackpots are the most reliable source of cheap/'free' damage you have (outside of Buster Sword+), especially in the early game, so lean into stuff that makes it easier to get them and rewards you for hitting them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Freeze demolishes Sneezy, yeah.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, Thief 2 can be pretty fun. :kheldragar:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

power word- Jeb! posted:

spoilers for one of the characters
:nws:https://i.imgur.com/KkdkMO6.png:nws:

:toot:
Grats!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Double-posting to ask, does anyone have tips for Thief 3? I can't even get to the third floor.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I almost won Jester 6, except I couldn't rush Beatrice down fast enough and she turned into a bear and murdered me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This game's sense of humor continues to be incredible.

And does the similarity of this game to the Wonderland Arc of The Adventure Zone stand out to anyone else? Rigged gameshow, inescapable dungeon, male and female host at first, things happening to their bodies, dice, escape through a door at the end because of FRIENDSHIP?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Roluth posted:

Yeah, Shield Bash does damage equal to your current Shield total. It's a build around. Upgrade that thing: doubles is real hard to fit into a full turn.
Oh, yeah, absolutely. Generally speaking, anything that requires either doubles or a specific number becomes exceptionally good when upgraded. Shield Bash, Hall of Mirrors, Teleport, etc.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BaconCopter posted:

:getin:

Suck it gently caress Bird
:five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think the only reason the Dryad isn't called Poison Ivy is so that Marvel doesn't sue.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jedit posted:

Poison Ivy is a DC character. She's in Batman's Rogue's Gallery.

This is what I get for posting while tired.

So DC doesn't sue.*

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Einwand posted:

The Elimination rounds are some serious garbage, so many enemies with upgraded equipment can single handedly end your run from full hp with just a little luck. I've finished all of them except the witch's and I'm not sure it's beatable without excessively good luck. Infliction reliably gets you past the first floor and then after that it's just a complete toss up on if you eat 20+ damage every fight. The only success I've had with the witch so far is getting tons of dice with hall of mirrors, everything else just doesn't output enough damage or gets too many bad rolls with her perpetual 3 dice.
Hall of Mirrors + Magic Shield is basically all that makes Witch viable, honestly. If there's a character that needs a buff, it's her.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Max Peck posted:

Good news! This was fixed in the patch just now, notes at https://terrycavanagh.itch.io/dicey-dungeons/devlog/97300/dicey-dungeons-version-13 . Witch buffs, Aoife and Kraken nerfs, and a bunch of episode 6 bugfixes, among other things.
Lots of good bug fixes. :toot:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Roluth posted:

Bugfix upgrades (gotten from reading the equipment.csv in the text folder):

Plaster+: 1->2 health
Lantern+: Loses "once per battle"
Two-Handed Sword+: Gains "on 12, lock 1 die"
Four-Handed Sword+: Gains "on 24, lock 2 dice"
At first, I was like "what build is going to be able to get four sixes", and then I realized "the kind of build that would take FHS in the first place".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just finally beat Round 7 not that long ago. It was extremely cute. :3:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I had finished everything except witch 5 and 6.

I tried jumping back into the game a few months later to finish those up and 100% the game.

it did not go well.
Skip 5, but power through Witch 6, the grand finale you unlock is worth it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It’s a great game I should really replay at some point.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I have found its incredibly hard to come back to. I played through all but witch 5 and 6 and took a break, then when I tried to play again I just couldn't get into it. Also witch 5 and 6 suuuuuuck
Checking the options again, Snapdragon+ will absolutely carry you, especially in combination with Sun Beam+. Witch loves builds that don't care about which dice you throw into the spells, so you can use the specific values for setting up your book and refreshing spells instead, and "odds go here, evens go there" is a pretty decent substitute. (Also makes it easier to get the best use out of Mirror Cauldron.)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 2, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Y'all complaining about Witch are weak.

Except Witch 5. gently caress Witch 5.

To be a little less smug and a little more helpful:
- #1 key tip: Focus on spells that don't care what numbers you throw in (or that your Cauldron can reliably spit out), so you can focus your specific values on getting up the spells you need.
- All Cauldrons are not created equal. Some are, admittedly, just straight up better than others, and some only shine with very specific builds.
- Magic Shield & Hall of Mirrors+ carry Witch. In big fights, build up Shield and stall while you Mirror+ up to absurd numbers of dice.
- Never, ever, ever put a spell on the same die value as the one it uses best. (Hall of Mirrors on 6, etc.)
- You can put a new spell (or even the same spell) into a used slot and it'll refresh the spell, as long as you have dice left to use it. Use this to juggle spell slots if you have a fistful of dice you can't otherwise use.
- If you take advantage of that, you don't need more than one upgraded spell slot, and can use more starting prepared spells so your build gets off the ground quicker.
- Thrown flaming dice deal more damage.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Oct 4, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, also, Duplicate is better than Doppeldice in literally every circumstance.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

loving finally. That 4 has been haunting me for months now.

"Oh, I've already beaten the game, starting a new file isn't that big a deal."
-Me, a fool

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There’s also unique bosses, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I picked it up and I'm trying it out, and the gameplay is fine, but if you're the kind of person who finds Adventure Time's style of humor exhausting, this may not be the game for you. It also doesn't have the musical or writing charm that really brought everything together in Dicey Dungeons.