Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
1. they have super bad rear end costumes and are all serious and tough

2. all the movies are interlinked and awesome and theyve only been making like 6 a year for the past 10 years so theyre not super boring and poo poo or anything

3. the movies are super different and oroginal not the same story rehashed over and over

4. all the hot babes

5. they do that cool pose when they land when theyre like on one knee and one hand and do a super tough look into the camera with their bad rear end bat or ant costume on or whatever

6. their only for intellectuals so if you’re a dummy u won’t understand them

7. all the action is like woah!! because the fights are super cool

anyway post ur reasons why marvel films are the best thanks for listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Thanks for the opinions, I will value them forever

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I clapped when Spider-man did a thing.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
all my friends are super nerds (not like me you understand, im a very cool person) who only want to go see a movie if it's the latest marvel one.

i haven't seen one in 3 or 4 years and i'm pretty satisfied with that life choice.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

X-Men is Marvel, right? The X-Men rule, specially Storm

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Universe Master posted:

I clapped when Spider-man did a thing.

Bad news for you then pal he’s not in them anymore

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Sony will be about to make great Spiderman movies on their own now without having to worry about how to fit him into the existing MCU

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

I hope Marvel picks up the Sister Act franchise

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Gandalf needs to join the revengers or whatever

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Gandalf except he carries a sweet gun. Fans will call him Gundalf

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
One of the avengers not only isn't magic, like the rest of the avengers, but shoots a bow and arrow instead of a gun. I don't care how good you are with a bow an arrow, a dude with a gun is going to be able to kill a lot more magic norse aliens than you are, dude.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The Dennis System posted:

One of the avengers not only isn't magic, like the rest of the avengers, but shoots a bow and arrow instead of a gun. I don't care how good you are with a bow an arrow, a dude with a gun is going to be able to kill a lot more magic norse aliens than you are, dude.

Hawkeye can shoot eighteen holes in one in a golf game. That's magic.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Universe Master posted:

Hawkeye can shoot eighteen holes in one in a golf game. That's magic.

I thought that was Odysseus?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
No he means Kim jong Il

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I've got enough things to hate in my life's near-orbit that the thought of getting upset at passable escapist entertainment is funny and silly to me

*lands in this thread with a BOOm and a wry smirk*

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
We are all having a good laugh at this now but you won't find it as funny when that raccoon comes forward with a sexual harassment allegation.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

you broke my grill posted:

Sony will be about to make great Spiderman movies on their own now without having to worry about how to fit him into the existing MCU

At least he wont be in an iron man suit anymore.

I just watched endgame yesterday and im kinda glad that entire movie series is over.

I am tired of watching the same punchmen punch things.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I had a coworker who thought these movies were super great:

-He wore a flat brim fitted baseball cap that said "MARVEL" in gold metallic letters.
-He often chatted with the dishwasher about what scenes were the most "bad rear end" from the films.
-He liked to start sentences with "Man, if you had read the COMICS..."
-He was in his 30s and didn't often do laundry despite working in an open kitchen.
-When he quit, his friend posted a yelp review slamming the restaurant: saying that it was utter poo poo except for the "cool guy who looked like wolverine that used to work there". His resemblance to Hugh Jackman was tenuous at best.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

does hollywood even try making comedies anymore? Thor Ragnarok came out like 2 years ago and I still can't think of a funnier comedy made in the last 2 years besides Sorry to Bother You which was funny as hell and #1

it's usually

the same crap with Will Ferrell
other crap with Jason Bateman
Kevin Hart being the opposite of funny
3-4 Melissa McCarthy movies a year
Madea does a thing
something that probably has Seth Rogen and Zac Efron in it
something unwatchable with Amy Schumer in it
obligatory Adam Sandler garbage
something written by Tina Fey starring all her friends no longer on SNL

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

these cgi fuckfests are ruining cinema. what was the tights budget for the last movie???

i work with a guy who has grown his facial hair out to look like iron man

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Tell me more about this Marvel. What is a super hero? What's a Spider Man?

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

zaepg posted:

It's actually Man-Spider

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I have four man spiders in my room right now.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

you broke my grill posted:

No because they'll be too busy making him fit into their NEW Marvel universe which has a lot less characters in it.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

zaepg posted:

I have four man spiders in my room right now.

Charge them rent, Fritos isn't free

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tom Gorman posted:

does hollywood even try making comedies anymore? Thor Ragnarok came out like 2 years ago and I still can't think of a funnier comedy made in the last 2 years besides Sorry to Bother You which was funny as hell and #1

sorry to bother you is really good thoguh it'd take something really good to be better than it

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Tom Gorman posted:

Sorry to Bother You was really good but I don't know if I'd consider it a great comedy because it wasn't especially funny.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

I liked 'The Boys' because it had superman's in it.

I liked it when they were all super but also sometimes when they were less super.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

zaepg posted:

Listen Bud, he's got radioactive blood!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Every minute of every superhero movie would have been better spent doing pushups, or squats, or hitting yourself in the balls with a stick.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have never once understood why these comic book movies have become so mainstream.
Any and all of them.

Ok every few years you toss out a batman/superman/spiderman movie? Great. Sure. This poo poo?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Every minute of every superhero movie would have been better spent doing pushups, or squats, or hitting yourself in the balls with a stick.

don;t leak my workout secrets!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

toggle posted:

i work with a guy who has grown his facial hair out to look like iron man
picturing a huge beard combed over his face and dyed red and yellow

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 22, 2019

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Tom Gorman posted:

it's usually

the same crap with Will Ferrell
other crap with Jason Bateman
Kevin Hart being the opposite of funny
3-4 Melissa McCarthy movies a year
Madea does a thing
something that probably has Seth Rogen and Zac Efron in it
something unwatchable with Amy Schumer in it
obligatory Adam Sandler garbage
something written by Tina Fey starring all her friends no longer on SNL

Hard to make funny movies because it needs good jokes, therefore good writing

Why green light movies like that when you can just remake Aladdin

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Actually, goons, the mcu is entertaining and good

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Why wont marvel and sony think of the fans and let spiderman play with captain america hulk thor iron man etc!! Dont they like money? Shut up and take my money!

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Captain Beans posted:

Hard to make funny movies because it needs good jokes, therefore good writing

Why green light movies like that when you can just remake Aladdin

hollywood comedy just knows it can't compete with the internet.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i love a murpie with the bat man and a spider man and a fishiefishie man and a lil weenie ant man and and and ooh a wonderful lady and a marvellous lady too! and maybe a big angry man? oh god i just love muuuuurrrrrrpppppppies

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Breaking news: goon dislikes something that's popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why is there a spiderman and a batman and even a catwoman but no dogman?