Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Just Chamber posted:

Breaking news: goon dislikes something that's popular

It goes beyond that lol. You should be frustrated that one company accounts for the majority of movie entertainment at this point. Or that shelfspace in any store is typically dominated by marvel, disney, or star wars branded or licensed products. Cant even buy salad bags without it having star wars on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Colonel Cancer posted:

Why is there a spiderman and a batman and even a catwoman but no dogman?

japan has the answer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHM9GZrchTg

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I read that due to some spat between two monopoly conglomerates like Amazon and GlaxoSmithKline or whatever I guess Plastic Man can't team up with The Flaming Carrot for and endless string of sequels?

Heartbreaking.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
touch my balls OP

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

thanos had such deep feelings, what a fantastic character, what an arc, he’s the bittersweet toll of my white man’s burden put to film

but i did not care for that tony stark, always cracking wise, i can’t stand it when people drape their sincere opinions in snark and irony

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

scott zoloft posted:

It goes beyond that lol. You should be frustrated that one company accounts for the majority of movie entertainment at this point. Or that shelfspace in any store is typically dominated by marvel, disney, or star wars branded or licensed products. Cant even buy salad bags without it having star wars on it

You should be mad that the world is on the brink of collapse, children are being raped and enslaved, the environment is being irreparably damaged, and humanity won't survive another hundred years, but you're right, entertainment is definitely where we should focus our anger.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

gbs but from 2004 posted:

1. they have super bad rear end costumes and are all serious and tough

2. all the movies are interlinked and awesome and theyve only been making like 6 a year for the past 10 years so theyre not super boring and poo poo or anything

3. the movies are super different and oroginal not the same story rehashed over and over

4. all the hot babes

5. they do that cool pose when they land when theyre like on one knee and one hand and do a super tough look into the camera with their bad rear end bat or ant costume on or whatever

6. their only for intellectuals so if you’re a dummy u won’t understand them

7. all the action is like woah!! because the fights are super cool

anyway post ur reasons why marvel films are the best thanks for listening

all these unironically

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

You should be mad that the world is on the brink of collapse, children are being raped and enslaved, the environment is being irreparably damaged, and humanity won't survive another hundred years, but you're right, entertainment is definitely where we should focus our anger.

I'll get mad about that in the societal decline thread

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Tom Gorman posted:

does hollywood even try making comedies anymore? Thor Ragnarok came out like 2 years ago and I still can't think of a funnier comedy made in the last 2 years besides Sorry to Bother You which was funny as hell and #1

Booksmart, The Favourite, One Cut of the Dead, those were all really good. Game Night was alright, not top tier but had some great moments.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

I have never once understood why these comic book movies have become so mainstream.
Any and all of them.

Ok every few years you toss out a batman/superman/spiderman movie? Great. Sure. This poo poo?
it's because most poo poo for adults was always stupid poo poo for children, and dropping the pretense was a genius move.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

Breaking news: goon dislikes something that's popular

It used to be that goons hated popular things because the cool kids liked them and made fun of them. Now it's the same but the goons are angry because they're old and what the cool kids like is scary and confusing.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

scott zoloft posted:

I'll get mad about that in the societal decline thread

Link?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

every thread is a societal decline thread

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I saw Good Boys last weekend and enjoyed it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the marvel cinematic universe

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
So a bunch of ridiculous idiots in spandex and animal costumes fight and gently caress and suck each other to completion, and what do we call it?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i doubt half of the marvel movie crybabies were really ever discerning purveyors of fine cinema anyway really

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I won't be interested in Marvel until there's a super trippy R-rated Moon Knight movie.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

is ace ventura a marvel hero? i liked the first two they should make more but add like a portal to another dimension with an alien army coming through

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Saint Drogo posted:

it's because most poo poo for adults was always stupid poo poo for children, and dropping the pretense was a genius move.

are you arguing for or against how terrible these garbage fire shitpiles are?

e: be careful, I've just landed and have powered up a flaming gauntlet

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hands down the best thing Marvel ever did was the reactions of Marvel fans who had just seen the end of Infinity War in theaters.

Though I don't know how anyone was idiotic enough to not think they'd find a way to bring everyone back, which just made it even funnier.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

They are going to make an un-trailered Turtles movie where they spend time learning legit different styles of marial arts from splinter, and just begin to take on the Toe clan when they 'HIT' the streets, sans-comic book style, and there will be a whooshing of leaves and a woman in a yellow jumpsuit doing a weather report in the park in the background.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

are you arguing for or against how terrible these garbage fire shitpiles are?

e: be careful, I've just landed and have powered up a flaming gauntlet
Yes.

try watching a real garbage fire shitpile sometime. that, too, is beautiful in its way.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
marvel movies are fun to watch bc big money meets bad writing and that's always a good time

edit: i liked the new one with the thanos guy, though. the cg and design were all so cool, that's what i really love about the 3a stuff. Also good actors really take the edge off mediocre writing, i always really like robert downey jr and i love watching mark ruffalol so y'know

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 22, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

unpleasantly turgid posted:

marvel movies are fun to watch bc big money meets bad writing and that's always a good time

hey, hey, guess what?

You've watched them.

that had to suck

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
I'm all for stupid entertainment, but these drat movies are too long.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
i'll watch them with others but i'm always dreading meeting the person that judges everyone's characters by if they like marvel movies or not

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Dr Strange was pretty good for a marvel film

They got Tilda AND Mads for that one

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

You seem mentally unwell

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I like the one where he realized he needed to stop running from his power and embrace it to beat up the bad guy.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

JK Fresco posted:

You seem mentally unwell

You're both right, staying informed of the current state of anything will wreck your mental health.

I mean, can you believe Spiderman isn't an avenger anymore?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Why do people love spider Man so much but hate actual spiders. Seems hypocritical.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

THE MAD SHAMER HAS LOGGED ON

also i liked the first 2 spiderman movies but kinda burned out and stopped caring when they started churning out tons of superhero movies

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Saint Drogo posted:

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head

nut
Jul 30, 2019

i personally like that thor is strong

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Good Ol Filbert posted:

I hope Marvel picks up the Sister Act franchise

sister act gritty origin story reboot with super bad rear end modernised costumes???? im in!!!!!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I thought Alita was good despite the creepy pedo vibes in the beginning

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

interwhat posted:

I thought Alita was good despite the creepy pedo vibes in the beginning

what part are you referring to? I watched it like a month ago and don't remember anything creepy

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

I remember thinking Alita was kinda bad immediately after I saw it, but then watched Captain Marvel the next week with my Marvel obsessed friend, and realized in hindsight that Alita was actually not that bad at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
marvel movies? more like marvel at the public's unending appetite for trash movies.