Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Just sat down, popped a double weapon XP and maxed out the Bruen. I am in love with this gun.

So, I noticed basically everyone uses the 60 round mags in WZ, but even in multi I think I prefer the basic 100 round. Yeah, the reload is slower than poo poo but it feels like the 100 lasts forever even compared to something like the PKM. Does the 60 really help that much? Feel like I'd rather have the extra sustained firepower and the extra free attachment slot for a foregrip or something.

The 60 round mags come with improved movement speed, improved ADS speed, a 2 second reload speed and improved sprint to fire speed. They aren't required, but bang-for-buck they're easily the best attachment the gun gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
AI think the 60 round mag also speeds up the ADS a lot on the Bruen?

E; fb

Also I found golding the bruen to be no biggie because it’s still quite good even with no attachments.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It still happens every now and then but most lobbies are silent either because they're in party chat with their friends or not using a mic.

Yeah the majority don't have an audible voice chat which is a shame, MW2 was a thing of beauty and it was so much fun and getting people to rage quit was a passion of early 20s me.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MonkeyLibFront posted:

I think I realise what a miss in a cod game, perpetual lobbies of pure toxic chat.

occasionally when we get a full 6 man squad going we change it from mute all except party to full open chat just to hear how mad people get.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
What's the discord

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The VLK in warzone might be legit the worst gun in the history of video games.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
So I made a thing.
I've literally never edited video before so please be kind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ONq3kKRsU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The weird future guns in Infinite Warfare were fun. I liked that most of them were still based on real guns, except Futurized(tm)

Like this wild lookin P90.

Or this Gears Of War-rear end Vector.

Guns with pyramids stuck on them is cool but underused in games, Binary domain had them too.

The Vector gun is the one that you can break apart into too guns right?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nah that's this one, the Type-2. Reminds me of the Half-Life Alyx gun a bit.

Which is kind of sort of based on a real gun? At least the shape of it is. This gun unfortunately does not break into two guns in real life.

edit: Oh there's two of em that do that actually!

There is this one as well, which is another triangle enthusiast's gun.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

The 60 round mags come with improved movement speed, improved ADS speed, a 2 second reload speed and improved sprint to fire speed. They aren't required, but bang-for-buck they're easily the best attachment the gun gets.

Yeah I played the whole night with the 60 and it seems pretty essential.

Imo I think this gun is better than the Grau. Or at least it’s as good and more fun than the grau.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Are patches on PC significantly larger if you own the main game, or is it just the initial download size/install size that is larger if you own the main game (vs just Warzone)?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah so after 1 night of Bruen in WZ

Yeah I played the whole night with the 60 and it seems pretty essential.

Imo I think this gun is better than the Grau. Or at least it’s as good and more fun than the grau.

Yah I agree, it is pretty amazeballs for all sorts of situations. Everything from cqb to countersniping to shooting down parachuting in dudes.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Add the punch gun from Inglorious Basterds

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Just cracked top ten in Warzone for the first time ever. Holy poo poo my nerves when I finally loving saw someone else inside the final safe area.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

The VLK in warzone might be legit the worst gun in the history of video games.

I honestly can’t tell what it does that another shotgun doesn’t do better.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah I hate the FAL but I understand its use and understand why someone would wanna use it but the VLK is straight trash.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I love their use of meat tenderizers on the front of guns. Very forward thinking.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm playing with making the FAL my sidearm for close quarters. While I'm loving the PKM again as my main, its always more satisfying for me to click click click rather than click and hold down.

Actually pulled off a win with pubbies just then. They even did good. Ended up 3v2 at the edge of boneyard and there was a buy right next to us and I had tons of cash. Just peppered the other guys with clusters and it was open season then while they danced around the open field like some kind of hippies on speed or something. Thought I'd try for back to back, immediately wiped in the next game by JaysonKush who gunned us all out of the sky with his pistol, then proceeded to snap on and 1 shot a bunch of people at all different angles later with....the oshitographer. More and more people are picking up on the pregame weapon drop exploit too. Of course they are all horse poo poo like all cheaters so I still mop the floor with them, and then I feel conflicted when I pick up the custom guns off their corpses. Not that many of the pregame weapons are much good

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Why don't they make it so ghost doesn't work if you're not moving like the treyarch games I ponder while sitting prone in a bush in WZ

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Terminal autist posted:

Why don't they make it so ghost doesn't work if you're not moving like the treyarch games I ponder while sitting prone in a bush in WZ

bro what sort of yoga pose is sitting while prone

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I love their use of meat tenderizers on the front of guns. Very forward thinking.

If all guns had meat tenderizers i would be more understanding of why gun melee is so powerful.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Democratic Pirate posted:

If all guns had meat tenderizers i would be more understanding of why gun melee is so powerful.

Let me put two bayonets on my R9-0 you cowards.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I honestly can’t tell what it does that another shotgun doesn’t do better.

You can kit it out to run super fast so you can get to the power position you're going to die at faster

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Democratic Pirate posted:

After playing Halo, I’ve always wondered why guns don’t just shoot rifle butts.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Why can't I just throw my gun

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Can you imagine the damage that would do

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Why cant they just go all out and release a medieval longsword as a melee weapon

If they did that I'd actually spend money on the moronic dlc for this game

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Chivalry pack where you can charge at someone with a longsword yelling "AGATHA".

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

New map of Agincourt melee/crossbow only!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stick and stones playlist.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

very much in support of throwing your gun. let me john wick this poo poo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah I hate the FAL but I understand its use and understand why someone would wanna use it but the VLK is straight trash.

Idk if you're a war zone building camper the VLK is a solid point blank face melter.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Black Griffon posted:

very much in support of throwing your gun. let me john wick this poo poo.

Buy TEDIORE! Some say our guns are cheap! We say they're affordable! And bio-degradable*!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Buy TEDIORE! Some say our guns are cheap! We say they're affordable! And bio-degradable*!

I want the ones that follow you around and act like auto turrets

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Dial M for MURDER posted:

So I made a thing.
I've literally never edited video before so please be kind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ONq3kKRsU

The advice in it isn't bad, but you would benefit a lot from taking the time to record multiple takes of your voice over so that you're not constantly stumbling over your own words. Also usually if people want to demo the WZ map without too much pressure they just solo drop into plunder.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Probably one of the crazier melees I've ever walked out of alive from. Although it was 90% positional luck and my squad breaking everyones armor before they ran into me lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBBJ2GceC-A

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Drizvolta posted:

The advice in it isn't bad, but you would benefit a lot from taking the time to record multiple takes of your voice over so that you're not constantly stumbling over your own words. Also usually if people want to demo the WZ map without too much pressure they just solo drop into plunder.

I don't really mind it. I'll take it over Youtubers who constantly just edit that stuff out so the video jumps all over the place.

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012
Finally purposely went after the challenge and unlocked the Grau (like 3 matches in Cheshire Park did it finally) and wow, even with the recent need this thing is a beast.

If only my aiming wasn't garbage cuz of my stupid thumb.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Call of duty: moderner warfare - ignore all pro shotgun takes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Glad to see they removed the stimulus trios to replace them with nothing. drat