Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

uzi is dummy good, if we collectively ignore the fact that there are literal war crimes in the game then you are absolved from BDS non-compliance for using the uzi

I don't know what you're talking about, it's friendly white phosphorous, it says so right in the name! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

codo27 posted:

Pretty cool when people just stare in the direction they are going to run as soon as they get into the gulag. Makes it pretty easy to just smash them immediately. Kinda dumb really they show you the little silhouette. I think I'm gonna start pointing in one direction now and run the other from now on. I've had good luck the last couple days just going straight from starting point though

If they didn't show you the silhouette as a new player you'd have no idea where the opponent starts in the gulag match. I'm getting really tired of full auto weapons in the gulag, it feels way less fun to use actual weapons and not something you can struggle to get kills with.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

last patch they made it so a bunch of unearned bloops show up in your armory to tempt you, but not all of them for some reason, which I figured out because I'm gonna get every P90 print

Pretty sure it's just what's available in the store that day

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Orv posted:

Goddamn I haven't really hit a gun I hate yet in leveling things but the 357 could make a run at it, I must be doing something wrong with this thing.

The 357 has a delay after you pull the trigger to simulate the double action mechanism. So you basically end up needing to lead your shots a tiny amount if they're moving.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Hezzy posted:

What is the current meta anyway?

I've constantly been using the XRK blueprint that I think I got with an edition of the game.

I also bought the purple tracer pack but haven't had chance to use it properly yet.

If you're using the XRK m4 blueprint I would really recommend taking off the suppressed barrel that comes with it, as it increases the number of shots on target you need at longer ranges to kill. If you still want to be sneaky you can always take a tactical or monolithic suppressor as they won't affect your damage range. Otherwise the m4 is an extremely meta gun, as are the Grau and MP7 you got from the purple tracer pack.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Looten Plunder posted:

Just picked the free Battel Royale game a couple of days ago. Man they polished a bunch of stuff that was a complete chore in games like PUBG.

Problem is, I have no idea what I'm doing. I haven't played a COD game since World at War and all this loadout/levelling up/battle pass stuff has gone completely bonkers. It also doesn't help that I'm pretty poo poo at shooters in my old age.

Are there any good resources for map/weapon/loadout/gameplay guides? Reddit and the like are just a bunch of killcams that make me feel even worse about my skill level and memes.

How long does it take to level up weapons and stuff? From what I've gathered, the whole multiplayer aspect has Warzone and regular MP combined and they aren't independent. Considering I'm lucky to ger one or two kills in a round, am I gonna take months to level up one single rifle or is the rate of levelling adjusted in Warzone to acknowledge the fact you don't get 70 kills like a normal MW game.

For guides I like to watch XclusiveAce's stuff since he does a really good job at finding the exact values for stuff in the game. Leveling up weapons just in WZ can take a bit longer, but when you complete the contracts on the map (such as scavenger or assassination) you'll earn exp for whatever gun you have equipped at the time.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

It must be a daily challenge which has no real reward so just don’t do it???

It's one of the permanent challenges to unlock an mp7 blueprint, the whole thing is full of pretty challenging stuff.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Biaga posted:

Got a controller, to try the game with the aim assist on PC. So far, the aim assist doesn't seem to want to work. Anyone else have/had issues?

Before you assume that it's not working, do you know how the aim assist works on controller? It doesn't snap to the target at all, just slows down your aiming speed when you've ads'd over an enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LzXnUJy6Ss

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

CJacobs posted:

The mission that requires you to get two executions in a minute is a real pain in the rear end. Executions already take like ten seconds to do! What are the odds of finding two people standing that close for long enough for the second person to not hear or see you do the first one??

I don't remember how I got my first set, but I got my second set on crash by jumping up onto the dumpster by the restaurant, popping dead silence, flanking around to the side with the outer stairs leading upstairs and taking out someone shooting on the second floor, then heading downstairs to deal with a shield guy camping in the doorway leading to the helicopter. It was a great feeling :allears:

So in conclusion, find a spot people like to camp and mash that dead silence button

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

It's all muskets and horses now, undiscovered parts of the map are just pictures of dragons

wow I love warzone now

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Rumble would be way more bearable if you spawned higher up in the air and the spawns weren't fixed so you don't just get 2 teams sniping at each other with no man's land in between

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Nash posted:

What are people’s thoughts on DMR rifles? I can decide if it’s worth to do a dmr + assault rifle setup or just have an assault rifle for mid range fights and run a good smg for closer.

I find both the Kar98 and Mk2 Carbine (the lever-action) to be a lot of fun in Core modes, just running around with a reflex optic quick-scoping people. I use the Mk2 on close-ranged maps since it has really bad damage falloff except on headshots. I can't stand using the M14 or the SKS since they have a lot of visual recoil or something.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Orv posted:

I dunno what you're on about that's just how Land Rovers work.

E: Oh 25 long shot kills with LMGs how hard can that be? Cut to two weeks later.

To that end, it feels like this should be extremely easy to answer but for weapons with long ready times is sliding demonstrably faster than going from standing sprint to ADS?

If you want easy longshot kills dehumanize yourself and face to ground war

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Getting back in to this and I bought a Grau blueprint pack with some amazon gift card balance, am I doing something wrong or can you not customize blueprint guns from the store in the gunsmith?

you can, have you done the challenge to unlock the Grau yet? you can't customize a gun until you've unlocked it even if you bought a blueprint for the gun

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Do you ever have problems reloading the RAM-7? Any time I'd reload and thought the animation was complete, I'd shoot someone and realize that nope, I still only got two rounds left in the mag :shepface:

Also holy gently caress I do not remember the Uzi being this good, I've got zero parts on it and it just drops folks.

This always happens to me using the 30 round mags with the holdger, I always reload cancel a moment too early

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Considering Roze's skin on their hands looks pretty white I'm going to go ahead and assume that the picture in question is a new outfit for Syd.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Hi IW I'd like to submit a bug report it's been over a week since I've learned about the catgirl pack and YET I STILL CANT BUY IT please fix this asap this is affecting my productivity thank you

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Enigma posted:

Is there a way to separate the use key from the detonate key? Tired of picking guns off the floor when trying to detonate my c4.

In the options under movement, there's a "Hold to use" option that makes actions like picking up weapons or opening doors take a little longer but I've found means I'm far less likely to accidentally pick up a gun while trying to mash the detonate key.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

rust is bad in any team mode imo

Rust is really bad when a team gets control of the tower and other power spots and just keeps you trapped in spawn because when you spawn in a corner you have exactly 2 ways to leave it.

and while I'm complaining gently caress anyone who camps in a gun game match

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Dial M for MURDER posted:

So I made a thing.
I've literally never edited video before so please be kind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ONq3kKRsU

The advice in it isn't bad, but you would benefit a lot from taking the time to record multiple takes of your voice over so that you're not constantly stumbling over your own words. Also usually if people want to demo the WZ map without too much pressure they just solo drop into plunder.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I love that whenever I play this in my car I can always tell who’s played Dead Rising because they get real mad at me.

Are there any good blueprints for the R9-0? It’s my favorite shotgun in the game but I don’t know which ones are really good.

There's a r9-0 skin in the store that makes it look like an NES Zapper/SNES Superscope, that's pretty neat

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

One is a now near universally accepted, mainstream movement and the other is an intentionally inflammatory internet leftist meme. I have no problem with people using the ACAB tag personally/think it's dumb they are (possibly) doing temp bans for it, and I'm not saying COD deserves any credit for their half assed corporate BLM nod. But if you think the average person sees them as the same thing it's because we post in a bubble.

veni veni veni posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

After a few more games of the new warzone I'm sort of disliking it more and more by each additional game. Feels like you descend to slow and opening/cutting the parachute is to slow as well especially when you see enemies around. They kill you before you even can react.

Now when you can get a good streak going with a few kills it does feel awesome.

Trying to get that 3 point blank shotgun double kills mission but how close is point blank? I can get the double kills but never close enough.

Point blank pretty much requires you to have your barrel touching their body to count.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Looten Plunder posted:

Oh cool. That's pretty drat impressive. Is there anything else that's as old and still as widely used?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Browning

is I think technically the oldest designed firearm still in US service

edit: the 1911 might beat it out by a few years since they keep bringing it back now and then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

mrking posted:

I got obsidian on the guns I like. HDR was the least fun so far. Is search and destroy any fun? I don't think I've ever played it.

how much do you like 6v6 round-based attack/defense with no respawning